Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Chill Jimbo. I ain’t picking on jaffas, I saw lots of teams last year and all had the same. Magic long balled to quick kids up front, Maitland long balled to big kids, Valo direct as well. Edgy tried to play but when playing big teams the long ball come out. Teams wanna win so go direct vs better teams. I saw jaffas more than any other team and they did it most. 🤷*♂️
    Not sure which magic team you watched but I never seen this and I watched the 9s and 10s. Yeah the odd kid might panic from time to time and pump one long and what’s wrong with that? They are only 9 and 10 and still learning but the coaches never encouraged it like you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    You’re a deadset clown and have no idea what you’re talking about.
    90% of Magic’s SAP kids have come from the juniors so stop talking shit.
    I know my son has been there with the same teammates since under 6/7s with a couple added this year.
    Why does everyone put magic down? Because they are successful I’m guessing.
    Our coach informed us that all the kids will be retained for SAP and only need to add 4 players for next years 11s and I know the 10s kept their boys also and were more than happy with kids they had.
    I just don’t get this agenda against magic and I’m glad I took my son there to play.
    You should have a look at their U13 NPL team almost all of them are not the players in their NET team last year that also came through SAP. In fact 3/4 of their U13 NPL team came from Macquarie SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You should have a look at their U13 NPL team almost all of them are not the players in their NET team last year that also came through SAP. In fact 3/4 of their U13 NPL team came from Macquarie SAP
    I heard it may have been because of the jets not being able to play those kids a year up in Sydney Comp and some of them have come to magic and not sure how competitive they were tbh as I never seen them play.
    It’s a stupid idea to have 9s/10s sap and play under the senior set up and then 11s & 12s goes net and under juniors set up, dumbest thing I’ve heard, glad it’s changing.
    But on a comment I read earlier on this forum ive heard it’s true the seniors and jrns don’t have a good relationship so that could be a factor.

It’s a stupid idea to have 9s/10s sap and play under the senior set up and then 11s & 12s goes net and under juniors set up, dumbest thing I’ve heard, glad it’s changing.
    But on a comment I read earlier on this forum ive heard it’s true the seniors and jrns don’t have a good relationship so that could be a factor.
    Wait, u saying that magic SAP 11 & 12s r under the junior club NET management???? Or just that sap managed by seniors and NET by juniors?

Agree 100% tho - any club managing development teams under two set ups ain’t doing something right.

Why don’t Juniors and seniors get on?

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Agree 100% tho - any club managing development teams under two set ups ain’t doing something right.
    this problem isnt exclusive to Magic. NNSW changed the SAP/development structure. Instead of trying to change all development programs they drew a line at U/9's in 2018. SAP is supposed to be run by the seniors as it is the direct pathway from 9's to NPL.
    NNSW set up that structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

i think you also need to realise that a lot of kids 'want' to play for Magic. Its not like they are kidnapping kids off the street and bundling them into vans to go play for them.
    They are one of the top teams reputation wise for success so kids who do well prob want to give themselves the best chance as they get older. If they go trial or are good enough for someone to notice them then why should it be anyones business whether they go play for Magic/Olympic or Jaffas.

Also, in SAP theres one club that has some terrific players and no pathway to NPL. in 2 years time those kids are gonna be looking for a club in the highest grade. A bunch of kids are gonna end up in those types of clubs, and none of it will be the kids fault. and if magic/olympic/jaffas etc offer them a spot i honestly dont see the issue.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i think you also need to realise that a lot of kids 'want' to play for Magic. Its not like they are kidnapping kids off the street and bundling them into vans to go play for them.
    They are one of the top teams reputation wise for success so kids who do well prob want to give themselves the best chance as they get older. If they go trial or are good enough for someone to notice them then why should it be anyones business whether they go play for Magic/Olympic or Jaffas.

Also, in SAP theres one club that has some terrific players and no pathway to NPL. in 2 years time those kids are gonna be looking for a club in the highest grade. A bunch of kids are gonna end up in those types of clubs, and none of it will be the kids fault. and if magic/olympic/jaffas etc offer them a spot i honestly dont see the issue.
    Has there been any talk within NL from parents about intentions at U13’s? It’d be a hard choice to leave a club after spending 4 enjoyable years there.

Fact Check time:
    Broadmeadow Magic U13 NPL Squads ... number of boys from Macquarie SAP
    2019 - 3
    2020 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Has there been any talk within NL from parents about intentions at U13’s? It’d be a hard choice to leave a club after spending 4 enjoyable years there.
    yeah one of those tough ones.
    its not the clubs fault, they would love to be in NPL im sure (same prob gonna happen with Cooks Hill once they start up SAP too i assume).

Kids are pretty loyal to each other and esp the coaches. without speaking for anyone else id say they'll stick together for 12's SAP (if picked) then go where the best opportunities are. Most kids/parents have connections with other clubs and a few of them have already been asked about the future.

as fantastic as the club has been theres not much else can be done when the kids just want (and are good enough) to play at the highest levels.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

I'm not saying anything about kids going over to other clubs, but I am saying that the statement of Magic keeping their junior players from SAP/NET into NPL isn't true, they don't keep many of them at all.

Banned
    I'm not saying anything about kids going over to other clubs, but I am saying that the statement of Magic keeping their junior players from SAP/NET into NPL isn't true, they don't keep many of them at all.
    So because 1 team has done it 1 year you make out they never do it? Right got it 🤦*♂️ What about the 9s 10s 11s 14s and so on? Oh just because the 13s broke a trend they are stealing players and stacking sides. Unbelievable

That's hard to base that on anything tangible. NET has only been around for a few years and club SAP hasn't been around long enough for any kids to be old enough to move into NPL yet.

If you are referencing Zone SAP's then Magic is far from alone in bringing in Newcastle/Macquarie SAP players into their club at U13's.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Fact Check time:
    Broadmeadow Magic U13 NPL Squads ... number of boys from Macquarie SAP
    2019 - 3
    2020 - 4
    How many Magic NET boys have made the squads?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking Magic for bringing in zone SAP kids. was just interested in what sort of numbers from the NET team are actually making it through after Newcastle/Macquarie SAP kids have been selected. Same would happen at Olympic, Jaffas, Edgy, etc.

Jaffas are much better organised for the start of next year.
    Training days and times are locked in with all SAP teams training at the same time and place starting late January.
    Pre season games are all scheduled for each weekend in Feb with an intra club season launch day happening the week before the season starts.
    Fees have been broken down into 5 or 6 monthly payments to make it less of a burden.
    Uniform sizing and ordering has already taken place.

Only thing left really is for the 9's and 10's players to find out which team they are in and who their teammates will be.

So because 1 team has done it 1 year you make out they never do it? Right got it 🤦*♂️ What about the 9s 10s 11s 14s and so on? Oh just because the 13s broke a trend they are stealing players and stacking sides. Unbelievable
    You're the one making wild claims, I'm just proving you wrong. It only needs to happen once to debase your claim.

That's hard to base that on anything tangible. NET has only been around for a few years and club SAP hasn't been around long enough for any kids to be old enough to move into NPL yet.

If you are referencing Zone SAP's then Magic is far from alone in bringing in Newcastle/Macquarie SAP players into their club at U13's.
    I don't care if Magic keep all their SAP and NET players or gets rid of all of them at the end of each year. I'm just pointing out that it isn't true that they always keep their players.

How many Magic NET boys have made the squads?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking Magic for bringing in zone SAP kids. was just interested in what sort of numbers from the NET team are actually making it through after Newcastle/Macquarie SAP kids have been selected. Same would happen at Olympic, Jaffas, Edgy, etc.
    The majority are from the SAP teams (including Emerging Jets players for 2020 season). Only 4 from Magic U12 NET team.

The majority are from the SAP teams (including Emerging Jets players for 2020 season). Only 4 from Magic U12 NET team.
    Makes sense. SAP play and train a lot more than NET players. You'd have to think it gives them more of a leg up.

Banned
    You're the one making wild claims, I'm just proving you wrong. It only needs to happen once to debase your claim.

I don't care if Magic keep all their SAP and NET players or gets rid of all of them at the end of each year. I'm just pointing out that it isn't true that they always keep their players.
    What are you on about goose? who said they “always” keep their players? No club can “always” keep their players, what a stupid moronic comment that is.

Pre season games are all scheduled for each weekend in Feb with an intra club season launch day happening the week before the season starts.
    Who are Jaffas playing their pre-season games against? I think pre-season is a great time to play against teams you wouldn't normally come up against - Sydney, Central Coast, even mid-North Coast teams. I know travel can be a hassle, but I'd see mini trips away as a team bonding / learning opportunity for kids this age.

[QUOTE=Aegon;232734] Fees have been broken down into 5 or 6 monthly payments to make it less of a burden. [QUOTE=Aegon;232734]

Great idea. This should be rolled out across all SAP teams. I'd be surprised if some clubs didn't have to chase up fees at the end of each season, so something like this would probably make their lives a hell of a lot easier too.

Are these kids being actively recruited, or are they attending open trials and getting selected that way? Hopefully the Magic kids not selected are able to find somewhere to play elsewhere.

Anyone know if clubs help kids not retained at their clubs to find somewhere else to play? If these kids have been at a club for a long time it would be nice to know clubs still look out for them, even if they don't have a place for them anymore. Everyone knows everyone in the Newcastle football world, so I hope a few calls are made and kids are helped on their way.