Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Just to be clear id like this rule in place with or without the virus old people are generally the worst loudmouths at games.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    guess ive got a bit of work to do to understand how this place works.apologies to any and all old people on here i dont hate you unless you yell at me.

Sapdad.

I was looking to you for guidance as you seem to have all the answers. I thought you would have come with something constructive to help us all through this rather than hanging 70 year old out to dry.

I would have suggested sending video links of ball mastery videos to players for them to practice, juggling competition with rules ie have to juggle the ball 10 times left and right foot and try and land the ball in a washing basket/wheelie bin, dribbling practice in the back garden and trying to learn the scissors/ronaldo chop etc maybe they could video these and send them to a group chat showing you or even better you could demonstrate then send to the players then award point for the best trainer.

There is still a place in this world for isolated practice, this is where a player can perfect a skill at their own time away from the group without being embarrassed if they make a mistake. and the next 4 weeks I would suggest that players use the time to practice, practice and more practice.

But I am not a genius

oh wow im really bad at this bad humour thing.all im saying is that if the experts say go back im happy to let my kid go back.if the experts say stay home then he'll stay home.it would be interesting to see how many teams wont be able to help themselves and accidently all turn up at the same park at the same time and have a kickaround.all im getting at is that northern said 4 weeks for a reason so im happy to sit and wait.

Calm down over excited Sap dads, next you’ll be fighting over toilet rolls. Nothing wrong with 70yr olds having their say as they probably know more about the game than we do.
    1st we take their toilet rolls and food off the shelves and now you want to muzzle them as well, nice guy you are.

On a football note, this might give NNSW some time to re shuffle the draw as I seen some very lopsided games over last 2 weeks. You could easily make 2 pools of group A and B with the 10s and 11s sap kids as we have seen them, the 9s we don’t know very well atm so maybe the 2nd half of the season for them to be grouped.
    Why can’t you even pool the 2 teams from same club together if numbers are low and they play one another, now they would make for some good viewing at a few clubs. Just a thought anyway. Good day all

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    On a football note, this might give NNSW some time to re shuffle the draw as I seen some very lopsided games over last 2 weeks. You could easily make 2 pools of group A and B with the 10s and 11s sap kids as we have seen them, the 9s we don’t know very well atm so maybe the 2nd half of the season for them to be grouped.
    Why can’t you even pool the 2 teams from same club together if numbers are low and they play one another, now they would make for some good viewing at a few clubs. Just a thought anyway. Good day all
    I think 2 valentine teams in the 9's or 10's already played each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    the u10s team that beat the girls team was Tom Donnelly's magic team , which was close to 40 - 0 (felt very sorry for the girls)
    46-0 Actually... Should have been 47, one hit the cross bar and bounced down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I think 2 valentine teams in the 9's or 10's already played each other.
    You sure that was part of comp and not just a trial because of the wet weather last week?

You sure that was part of comp and not just a trial because of the wet weather last week?
    https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...**103-0&pool=1

had to look it up... it was the 9's in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    46-0 Actually... Should have been 47, one hit the cross bar and bounced down.
    Surely once you are over 10 you tell the boys to play 2 touch max or everyone has to touch the ball before you can score or even remove a player. Maybe he did all those things and the score still got out of hand but if it is easy for the players give them a challenge while limiting the embarrassment for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Surely once you are over 10 you tell the boys to play 2 touch max or everyone has to touch the ball before you can score or even remove a player. Maybe he did all those things and the score still got out of hand but if it is easy for the players give them a challenge while limiting the embarrassment for the other team.
    One touch football after winning it...
    Everyone must touch it twice before shooting...
    only shooter allowed in opposition half...
    Can only shoot with the back of the heel...
    once you score you become the goal keeper...
    proceeding goal keeper must run around parents car 3 times before entering field of play...

One touch football after winning it...
    Everyone must touch it twice before shooting...
    only shooter allowed in opposition half...
    Can only shoot with the back of the heel...
    once you score you become the goal keeper...
    proceeding goal keeper must run around parents car 3 times before entering field of play...
    Haha we have a joker, not sure 2 touch would change too much and imagine taking a player off for scoring too many goals whilst parents are forking out $1000 plus rego fees.
    As a dad I wouldn’t be happy to pay that and have my son taken off because NNSW can’t organise a draw. Pretty sure the other magic team won by a big score also so should they take players off also as they are versing boys?

Haha we have a joker, not sure 2 touch would change too much and imagine taking a player off for scoring too many goals whilst parents are forking out $1000 plus rego fees.
    As a dad I wouldn’t be happy to pay that and have my son taken off because NNSW can’t organise a draw. Pretty sure the other magic team won by a big score also so should they take players off also as they are versing boys?
    Yes, the issue here is clearly NNSWF’s failing with the draw. I have no doubt the draw was done with best intentions, but it sounds like there is a clear divide between some teams and others in U10 and NNSWF should have recognised this. Not wanting to defend NNSWF all the time but I believe all draws were done with the idea that each team starts with a clean slate and in hope the weaker teams would have got stronger. Predictably, this has not happened and it is likely they’ll be many more games with blow out scores.

Of course, NNSWF will need to adjust the draw going forward when the season re-starts (I’m a born optimist!) so things can change. I’d encourage parents, clubs, coaches to lobby NNSWF and cite these games as reasons for change. NNSWF are not unreasonable and we have extraordinary times which may allow for changes. As with everything, if enough people tell you something is wrong and you can evidence your view, chances are things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, the issue here is clearly NNSWFÂ’s failing with the draw. I have no doubt the draw was done with best intentions, but it sounds like there is a clear divide between some teams and others in U10 and NNSWF should have recognised this. Not wanting to defend NNSWF all the time but I believe all draws were done with the idea that each team starts with a clean slate and in hope the weaker teams would have got stronger. Predictably, this has not happened and it is likely theyÂ’ll be many more games with blow out scores.

Of course, NNSWF will need to adjust the draw going forward when the season re-starts (IÂ’m a born optimist!) so things can change. IÂ’d encourage parents, clubs, coaches to lobby NNSWF and cite these games as reasons for change. NNSWF are not unreasonable and we have extraordinary times which may allow for changes. As with everything, if enough people tell you something is wrong and you can evidence your view, chances are things can change.
    The draw is spot on... all teams must have the right to play each-other at least once, if this wasn't the case all the Social Justice Warriors would come out of the proverbial bushes claiming that Club X had an amazing U8's team in community and why shouldn't they be allowed to play against Magic or whoever in the SAP. ... it's today's society, if you discriminate against participation A Current Affair aint too far behind. But you can't have it both ways, participate then expect mercy because there is a big gulf in ability. Draw is only done for round 1 then will be separated, but someone must be keeping scores?

Totally Agree... if it was streamed before a ball was kicked by NNSWF who makes that call, how, is objectivity maintained? Players drop out, move teams, players move to Newcastle from Sydney and interstate...

If a team played against my team that was that much better than mine i would expect them to be ruthless. Otherwise, my kids would not know the gulf in focus and ability of kids that are better, and be able to strive and pressure their own comfort zone for their own development. Be honest with your kids stop making excuses for them... its not unlucky, not bad reffing, not poor facilities, not corona virus.... just... not good enough...
    Last edited by The Magician; 19-03-2020 at 10:59 PM.

The draw is spot on... all teams must have the right to play each-other at least once, if this wasn't the case all the Social Justice Warriors would come out of the proverbial bushes claiming that Club X had an amazing U8's team in community and why shouldn't they be allowed to play against Magic or whoever in the SAP. ... it's today's society, if you discriminate against participation A Current Affair aint too far behind. But you can't have it both ways, participate then expect mercy because there is a big gulf in ability. Draw is only done for round 1 then will be separated, but someone must be keeping scores?

Totally Agree... if it was streamed before a ball was kicked by NNSWF who makes that call, how, is objectivity maintained? Players drop out, move teams, players move to Newcastle from Sydney and interstate...

If a team played against my team that was that much better than mine i would expect them to be ruthless. Otherwise, my kids would not know the gulf in focus and ability of kids that are better, and be able to strive and pressure their own comfort zone for their own development. Be honest with your kids stop making excuses for them... its not unlucky, not bad reffing, not poor facilities, not corona virus.... just... not good enough...

And after they wipe the floor with the opposition a little “we kicked em in the balls and we kicked em in the head” just to show them who’s boss

Banned

WhoÂ’s the new dude trying to rattle some cages? See a few coaches jumping on the forum which is refreshing, but I better see my way out before one recognises me and benches my kid hehe ✌️

Do you honestly think it is good for your own kids development to be winning by huge scores regularly? He and his teammates are not going to learn essential skills and the determination to fight for a win. What happens if he/she ends up in a team that starts losing, do they lose interest or become demoralized?

I detailed in an earlier post how easy I think it would have been to split the draw for the 10's. The 11's would be just as simple.
    The 9's would be more of a challenge but it definitely isn't impossible.

After watching my son and his team put 10 or so goals past one of the teams I think is in in the top half of the draw I am not looking forward at all to seeing the games against some of the weaker teams they are scheduled to play.

The kids need to travel and play teams from Sydney and Melbourne to get an idea of where they are. Probably need to run some kind of a cup competition alongside the SAP / graded one so kids get to play against different opposition as well - like the FFA cup does so the minnows get a shot at the elite / kids with the cashed up parents. Even just a statewide cup would be ok for starters from u9's and up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The kids need to travel and play teams from Sydney and Melbourne to get an idea of where they are. Probably need to run some kind of a cup competition alongside the SAP / graded one so kids get to play against different opposition as well - like the FFA cup does so the minnows get a shot at the elite / kids with the cashed up parents. Even just a statewide cup would be ok for starters from u9's and up.
    I know some of the SAP teams have trialed against NET teams an age group up and also against some of the Sydney SAP teams in their age groups.
    The NET teams which are basically a selective community team in the Newcastle comp have struggled against the SAP teams.

When it comes to the Sydney teams its all a bit hit and miss. Some of the lower NPL clubs in Sydney have been quite weak comparatively whilst some of the NPL1 SAP teams have been very strong.

Unfortunately the organised tournaments that existed in the Zone SAP system don't appear to exist under the new club format, which I think is a real shame.