Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Magic will be much stronger next year with some New Lambton talent going over for u12s.
    There are many good teams in all the ages which is great to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    but but but teams arent allowed to offer spots until after the trials and proper process period blah blah blah. Please dont tell me proactive teams are out there building up their clubs with talented players who might like a new opportunity???shock horror!!!!
    I heard a couple of the kids names who going over from NL to Magic and good on them, they are real good.
    Yes, this happened more than a month ago.
    New Lambton has a strong junior system. Not saying its stuffed the club but the players that are leaving are top notch in 11s this year. They had one excellent 10s who lost one game and soon after that decisions were being made to disband. I guess it's just a reminder that clubs dont often grow their own juniors for all sorts of reasons. What happens to those at Magic and NOFC? sorry new lambton had better players but now we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    New Lambton has a strong junior system. Not saying its stuffed the club but the players that are leaving are top notch in 11s this year. They had one excellent 10s who lost one game and soon after that decisions were being made to disband. I guess it's just a reminder that clubs dont often grow their own juniors for all sorts of reasons. What happens to those at Magic and NOFC? sorry new lambton had better players but now we do.
    after speaking to multiple parents involved in this they are way more angry at the way the club behaved than the players.from my understanding that 11's team were keen to all stay together for 12's then go their seperate ways for those that wanted NPL.the decision to change things was instigated by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Best nah, good yes.
    Magic 10s beaten by Edgy, draws with New L and Olympic. Jaffas beat all those others but dont play Magic due to NNSW draw. Maitland have a very good 10s.

Jaffas 11s comfy win over Olympic 11s last time at Hamo. Valo go well in 11s. Magic will be much stronger next year with some New Lambton talent going over for u12s.

There are many good teams in all the ages which is great to see.
    after speaking to multiple parents involved in this they are way more angry at the way the club behaved than the players.from my understanding that 11's team were keen to all stay together for 12's then go their seperate ways for those that wanted NPL.the decision to change things was instigated by the club.
    ouch. Sometimes TD and coaches mean that players prefer to leave. Not the only club either. They must have their reasons I guess.

But thinking about it. Having 12s under the noses of those 2 clubs may give them a better chance in 13s. Always same 2 clubs though.
    Its as if all other clubs are "that'll do for now" destinations.

Is there any junior who doesnt want to end up at Magic or Olympic?

Are you saying the club made the decision to break up the 10’s and 11’s A teams at the club? Not sure I understand the logic at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Are you saying the club made the decision to break up the 10’s and 11’s A teams at the club? Not sure I understand the logic at all.
    Didnt attempt to give any reasons. Not sure what planet you're coming from. I have heard the girl in one A team wasnt up to it and they were right.

Just mentioned it is true they are going and in the end Olympic and Magic will beat NL and not care they took their best players. No foul play on
    Last edited by Negative Police; 10-11-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Didnt attempt to give any reasons. Not sure what planet you're coming from. I have heard the girl in one A team wasnt up to it and they were right.

Just mentioned it is true they are going and in the end Olympic and Magic will beat NL and not care they took their best players. No foul play on
    Sorry - I thought when you said the decision was made to disband that it came from the club. I may have read too much into what was said in yours and another post.

I take it that it was a parent led decision to break the team up then?

I take it that it was a parent led decision to break the team up then?
    no.

no.
    Now I’m well confused....

You may find it was the former, rather than the latter.
    It’s par for the course unfortunately.

I haven't heard of there being any problems per se.

New Lambton seem to be a well run club with aspirations of moving to NPL. The issue is the lack of clarity of whether that is even possible to do -

Lack of guidance (or any information at all really) on promotion and relegation from NNSWF leads parents and players to look elsewhere.

I know one of the boys moving in the 10's from NL to Olympic is doing so in order to give himself 2 years there prior to 13's NPL selection.
    I've been involved with New Lambton SAP over the past couple of years, and can say that you absolutely correct. NL are losing a few players from each 10s and 11s squads this year to NPL clubs and it's for the future NPL selection reason alone. It is really tough on the club to lose their talent due to competition administration issues, but with grounds locked up for single club use only, and the high standard of facility required in NPL, it will potentially be the case for the foreseeable future in my opinion.

In saying that, the club are doing great things with their coaching structures, bringing on Cas Wright, Greg Lowe, Clayton Zane and Andy Roberts to oversee programs. My experience has been an incredibly well run club, limited by authorities that run football, and Local Govt who run the facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    I've been involved with New Lambton SAP over the past couple of years, and can say that you absolutely correct. NL are losing a few players from each 10s and 11s squads this year to NPL clubs and it's for the future NPL selection reason alone. It is really tough on the club to lose their talent due to competition administration issues, but with grounds locked up for single club use only, and the high standard of facility required in NPL, it will potentially be the case for the foreseeable future in my opinion.

In saying that, the club are doing great things with their coaching structures, bringing on Cas Wright, Greg Lowe, Clayton Zane and Andy Roberts to oversee programs. My experience has been an incredibly well run club, limited by authorities that run football, and Local Govt who run the facilities.
    Happens at most NL1 clubs, same with youth coaches, clubs pay for their coaching badges then they move on, but you can’t blame NNSWF for New Lambton’s poor facilities, I believe they are way down the pecking order when it comes to promotion

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Happens at most NL1 clubs, same with youth coaches, clubs pay for their coaching badges then they move on, but you can’t blame NNSWF for New Lambton’s poor facilities, I believe they are way down the pecking order when it comes to promotion
    If you read he blamed NNSWF for the way football is run in Newcastle, which they do make it out to be an absolute joke. And then he blamed the council for the poor facilities.

As for promotion it's going to be a long time before Northern bothering bringing in Promotion/relegation. No point telling parents they will be in NPL in 2022 because it more than likely won't happen. Cooks hill made similar promises despite being the top club to be promoted and Northern threw the entire concept into the too hard basket and said they will look at it again in three years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If you read he blamed NNSWF for the way football is run in Newcastle, which they do make it out to be an absolute joke. And then he blamed the council for the poor facilities.

As for promotion it's going to be a long time before Northern bothering bringing in Promotion/relegation. No point telling parents they will be in NPL in 2022 because it more than likely won't happen. Cooks hill made similar promises despite being the top club to be promoted and Northern threw the entire concept into the too hard basket and said they will look at it again in three years time.
    Correct. To my knowledge NL aren't asking Council for money to upgrade Alder Park.
    They have money and the grant opportunities are available, but Council aren't allowing them to fully fence the around outside of the facility and also install a permanent pitch fence. Covered seating was in the works, but we all know what getting building approval from a Council is like.

New Lambton will continue to leak promising young SAP players to NPL clubs until these facility issues are sorted and an NPL Licence granted, as i believe they tick all of the other boxes. Plenty of ambitious clubs will continue to be hamstrung by this stuff, and with NNSW moving the promotion goalposts all the time, it's the clubs that hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    New Lambton will continue to leak promising young SAP players to NPL clubs until these facility issues are sorted and an NPL Licence granted, as i believe they tick all of the other boxes. Plenty of ambitious clubs will continue to be hamstrung by this stuff, and with NNSW moving the promotion goalposts all the time, it's the clubs that hurt.
    This is completely the scenario facing a heap of community clubs who want to make a step to NL1 and have SAP.

The shear volume of players leaked from community clubs into SAP for NL1 and NPL is staggering. Clubs want to make the step up but the door to progress to NL1 is just as shut as the door to go from NL1 to NPL. Its a sport wide issue that is just making the big clubs bigger and the small clubs smaller.

Banned
    Can you get multiple clubs together to form a club council and put visions for better practices forward. If no action go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Can’t blame the kids for wanting to go to the top clubs in the area. Did NL think these better kids will just stay and play NPL 1?
    Will only ever change if NPL and NL1 youth are stand alone from the senior teams, with promotion and relegation. In other words, it will always go like this and the best kids at NL1 clubs will head to NPL clubs as soon as they can.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Can’t blame the kids for wanting to go to the top clubs in the area. Did NL think these better kids will just stay and play NPL 1?
    I don’t think anyone was blaming the kids at all.....

Wow ��*♂️ You really are a simple prick.
    The discussion was around the kids leaving due to not having avenues of going to NPL with current clubs.
    No one has blamed them at all. It’s 100% understandable and unavoidable because the issue is with the association and lack of potential for club advancement.

Unfortunately I think your response says more about yourself than it does about me.

The discussion was around the kids leaving due to not having avenues of going to NPL with current clubs.
    No one has blamed them at all. It’s 100% understandable and unavoidable because the issue is with the association and lack of potential for club advancement.

Unfortunately I think your response says more about yourself than it does about me.
    The issue I have is not with kids moving up. The good kids need to and always will go, but clubs whether NL1 or community that have aspirations to go higher, and in the process retain some juniors, are essentially blocked by the current system.

This is what needs attention in the current set up. In New Lambton’s case, they would bring a lot more kids into the sport that any of the NPL clubs. Why wouldn’t they want the chance to go higher and in the process retain them.

Banned
    Spot on.

Im all for playing for the local club but having this inequality as nearly all have said is ridiculous.
    The reason for leaving a club should be rep football. That is Newcastle, Lac Mac, HV for training and tournaments etc or Jets.

NNSW has thrown in the towel.