Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    are Jaffas running 2 teams in 10 and 11 next year? they have enough talent over there dont they?are they sticking with one 12's for next year.a few kids tell me they've been approached to trial not sure if there would be any spots available if they are sticking with the one team?
    Jaffa’s are hoping to run 2 x 12’s teams in all age groups.
    Nothing has been confirmed for any age group yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    My son is in the 10’s this year and you’re better informed than me.

I know my son’s situation, completely unaware of the greater squad selections as they haven’t been communicated yet.
    Sound like u need to have a yarn with yr other parents. Some real pissed I’m heard

Too much Jafs talk, yeah theyre good but what about other clubs.

Any changes? All running 2 teams? Interesting that SAP and NPL or NPL1 will be connected in all ages from 9s to 16s.

Players in 12s SAP will be able to fill in for 13s NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Too much Jafs talk, yeah theyre good but what about other clubs.

Any changes? All running 2 teams? Interesting that SAP and NPL or NPL1 will be connected in all ages from 9s to 16s.

Players in 12s SAP will be able to fill in for 13s NPL.
    I think NLFC is running 2 teams for each BOYS age group (to U12), they're also running girls but not sure about two teams.
    The exception is in U9 where they are deliberately doing mixed teams.

I don't know about above that - although my son will hopefully be in U13 NL1 which I believe is only one team.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I think NLFC is running 2 teams for each BOYS age group (to U12), they're also running girls but not sure about two teams.
    The exception is in U9 where they are deliberately doing mixed teams.

I don't know about above that - although my son will hopefully be in U13 NL1 which I believe is only one team.
    Yep 13s all goes to 1 team and theres a limit of 2 SAP teams per club age.

Are NL putting girls into boys SAP teams? If so can they play a year down in age?

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Yep 13s all goes to 1 team and theres a limit of 2 SAP teams per club age.

Are NL putting girls into boys SAP teams? If so can they play a year down in age?

From my understanding that decision is made on a case by case basis. If the player in question can realistically fit into the boys team they don't stop it from happening. I don't think there is a provision to play down an age group. I suspect that they'd prefer the player to switch across to their own age group in the girls stream.

U9 is mixed from the start - two teams made up from the best available 20 kids, irrespective of gender.

In weekend news - my team responded to the request to put in more energy/effort and contest the ball from the kickoff, and had their best team game of the season.

Good consistent play out from the goalkeeper, controlled passes to the front 3, making the extra pass (and even recycling it when confronted with a defender(s)).

All the things we've been working on for weeks and weeks finally clicked ... because they proactively and consistently used and guarded the ball in possession, chased it down when they lost possession and jockeyed and won the ball back when out of possession.

Regardless of the strength of our opposition I was immensely proud of the group - play like that would see themselves stand a chance against the stronger teams in the age group.
    I've told them they now have no excuses not to apply themselves every week

The only disappointment (and yea, first world problems) is that Adamstown again switched entire teams at half time. The first time it happened at Adamstown earlier in the season I was consulted about it before the game and agreed; however in hindsight it distracted my team too much and was not going to agree to it happening again - this weekend they didn't even talk to me (apparently an oversight?) and we found ourselves up against an entirely different team in the second 30.

The downside to this is the kids automatically divide it in their minds into two different games and connecting the threads of what we had practised and (in this case) executed is more difficult.

In weekend news - my team responded to the request to put in more energy/effort and contest the ball from the kickoff, and had their best team game of the season.

Good consistent play out from the goalkeeper, controlled passes to the front 3, making the extra pass (and even recycling it when confronted with a defender(s)).

All the things we've been working on for weeks and weeks finally clicked ... because they proactively and consistently used and guarded the ball in possession, chased it down when they lost possession and jockeyed and won the ball back when out of possession.

Regardless of the strength of our opposition I was immensely proud of the group - play like that would see themselves stand a chance against the stronger teams in the age group.
    I've told them they now have no excuses not to apply themselves every week

The only disappointment (and yea, first world problems) is that Adamstown again switched entire teams at half time. The first time it happened at Adamstown earlier in the season I was consulted about it before the game and agreed; however in hindsight it distracted my team too much and was not going to agree to it happening again - this weekend they didn't even talk to me (apparently an oversight?) and we found ourselves up against an entirely different team in the second 30.

The downside to this is the kids automatically divide it in their minds into two different games and connecting the threads of what we had practised and (in this case) executed is more difficult.
    I find this hard to fathom why it would be an issue facing a different team in the 2nd 30. I'm reading between the lines but it seems the 2nd team were stronger than the 1st hence the pretty football could not be continued with the same success? Any coach worth their salt will change things at halftime if a team has been out playing them all half, surely you could use this as a good learning tool for your team and worked with them to make sure they can play what you worked on against any opposition. It sounds like you are doing a job with them, just worry about them and not what the other teams are doing. I am told all the teams will be graded next season so may stop what you experienced on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I find this hard to fathom why it would be an issue facing a different team in the 2nd 30. I'm reading between the lines but it seems the 2nd team were stronger than the 1st hence the pretty football could not be continued with the same success? Any coach worth their salt will change things at halftime if a team has been out playing them all half, surely you could use this as a good learning tool for your team and worked with them to make sure they can play what you worked on against any opposition. It sounds like you are doing a job with them, just worry about them and not what the other teams are doing. I am told all the teams will be graded next season so may stop what you experienced on the weekend.
    Happy to discuss it. I guess it comes down to individuals; my kids are 8 and 9. Some are extremely young for their "age". We attempt to create a solid and consistent structure so they can rely on the routine.
    As it turns out we actually played better in the second half than the first - the level of the opposition has no bearing on the level of distraction it invited. I'm not completely sure of the rationale that Adamstown are using to switch over, and it may well be working for them. But we've experienced being on the other side twice now and it indeed distracts our kids.

Of course, we had to get on and not worry about it. I bring it up here purely to enable this sort of discussion. I appreciate your response.

Is there more information around the grading? Is it possible that an "A" and a "B" side from the same club could both be graded into the lower half?

Is there more information around the grading? Is it possible that an "A" and a "B" side from the same club could both be graded into the lower half?
    They've talked about this since day 1 of SAP.Problem is they cant do it pre-season as there is too much player movement then once the season starts its logistically all too hard to re-draw/allocate grounds.i woudnt be relying on it actually happening next year.

Adamstown again switched entire teams at half time. .
    Hi scowling,

Thanks for the game review - fantastic insight.

Our club have not played Adamstown this season so I was not aware they changed their sides at half-time. Is this in all ages, or just the U9s? It seems a very unique approach. I personally cannot see any value in doing it, but if there are people on here with Buds connections I'd love to hear their thoughts.

Do any other clubs do this as well? I've not noticed it!

A

They've talked about this since day 1 of SAP.Problem is they cant do it pre-season as there is too much player movement then once the season starts its logistically all too hard to re-draw/allocate grounds.i woudnt be relying on it actually happening next year.
    I think they can do it pre-season, as they do it community. It relies on the clubs being honest and thinking about their own players development. If a club's ego tells them their team should be A graded and that team gets flogged every week, they will lose players at the end of the season as no one gains from that situation.

I believe most clubs have their kids well-being at heart and would grade their teams appropriately. It just needs Northern to give the clubs the chance.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think they can do it pre-season, as they do it community. It relies on the clubs being honest and thinking about their own players development. If a club's ego tells them their team should be A graded and that team gets flogged every week, they will lose players at the end of the season as no one gains from that situation.

I believe most clubs have their kids well-being at heart and would grade their teams appropriately. It just needs Northern to give the clubs the chance.

A
    Grading is proposed next season. Be based on results/performances this season and also in a pre-season set out games, then re-grading again 10 games into the season. I'm not completely sure but would have to be based on individual teams and I believe there would be restrictions on the A team players playing down into B team etc. I also believe U12 players can play up in U13's should injuries etc cause teams to be low on numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

A
    13s onward is for tables/competition/cheering scorelines and winning at all costs. SAP is supposed to be completely different to the community model.id prefer not to emphasise the haves and have nots at this age.by all means the kids know if they won or lost but the cutthroat nature of the program is already a bit ridiculous and in no way has the best interests of the kids at heart. if winning is further emphasised in my opinion it will only get worse.
    let them learn to play football at these ages, then they are good enough for 13's and the silliness can take over.

13s onward is for tables/competition/cheering scorelines and winning at all costs. SAP is supposed to be completely different to the community model.id prefer not to emphasise the haves and have nots at this age.by all means the kids know if they won or lost but the cutthroat nature of the program is already a bit ridiculous and in no way has the best interests of the kids at heart. if winning is further emphasised in my opinion it will only get worse.
    let them learn to play football at these ages, then they are good enough for 13's and the silliness can take over.
    I don't think that is the point of grading - It's an attempt to make the games more balanced and avoid one sided games.

NSWF have issued a statement that the SAP Program will be a premier competition with 2 rounds of 8-10 games
    just got this sent by a parent at another club.we havent been told anything about this.anyone know what it means? a proper comp with wins losses points and trophies? hilarious.

just got this sent by a parent at another club.we havent been told anything about this.anyone know what it means? a proper comp with wins losses points and trophies? hilarious.
    I saw the same thing, interpreted it to mean they would re-allocate teams after the first 8-10 rounds? I thought this was how SAP was run (last year?) where they re-graded (kind of) halfway through?

I didn't jump to the conclusion above, I could be way off though, happy for others to chime in and correct.

I saw the same thing, interpreted it to mean they would re-allocate teams after the first 8-10 rounds? I thought this was how SAP was run (last year?) where they re-graded (kind of) halfway through?

I didn't jump to the conclusion above, I could be way off though, happy for others to chime in and correct.
    using 11's as the example if you take away the girls teams next year it would leave between 16-20 teams so 8-10 games x 2 works out. i was just interested because they used the word 'competition'. not sure ive ever heard the program referred as that before.

Banned
    Are the 12s SAP playing for points next year?

Has been points table in U12 for some time so guess would remain next year.