Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    nah, the uniform stuff is just about setting standards. all kids need to have that shit drummed into them at one stage in their lives.

on field its a different story. our coach absolutely encourages the kids to be themselves, he wants their personalities to shine, and to express themselves on their field with their skills. our kids do pretty much zero 'team' setup. he wants them to think what they should do with the ball and where they should be without the ball. the best coaches in the program actually say very little during the games because they trust the kids to figure it out, and theres no value in yelling at the if they do something 'wrong'.

there are def kids in the program who look like they hate being there and who look scared they will be hit with a tyre iron if they do something wrong. however talented these kids are i doubt they will ever stick with it as it just looks like a miserable existence.
    Sounds like a great place for kids to develop their skills.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Sounds like a great place for kids to develop their skills.
    yeah ive got a huge amount of respect for my kids coach and make no mistake, there are plenty of other coaches at other clubs who do just as good a job. after a few years in the program now you can really see the clubs that understand not just football, but the kids themselves.

my kid has improved out of sight and his team play really good football and can hold their own with anyone in the program. but my first priority is the well being of my son. if coaches or teammates were treating him like shit he'd be out of there in a flash. no amount of winning is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Northern have announced the u10 TSP squad for 2020. not sure on how many kids got a Guernsey. wud b interesting to know which clubs the kids came.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Northern have announced the u10 TSP squad for 2020. not sure on how many kids got a Guernsey. wud b interesting to know which clubs the kids came.
    Announced it? Haven’t seen anything? What about other age groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Announced it? Haven’t seen anything? What about other age groups?
    Yeah, Northern told clubs yesterday. I think clubs would have told the picked kids direct. I was told only bout u10s (9s from last year). I was told most kids from last yrs groups are staying on.

Northern say they will review through the season but it’s BS. Once kids are in they in for the stay

Yeah, Northern told clubs yesterday. I think clubs would have told the picked kids direct. I was told only bout u10s (9s from last year). I was told most kids from last yrs groups are staying on.

Northern say they will review through the season but it’s BS. Once kids are in they in for the stay
    Fair enough, as someone who watched an awful lot of SAP last year I'm extremely cynical about NNSWF's selections. The top end clubs played at speers point less than any of the others due to having their own field for hub days. Even when they were at speers point the Northern officials who did turn up spent more time on their phone or laying down in the shade then actually paying attention to the games.

I reckon there were about 5 or so boys from Magic, 3ish from Olympic, New Lambton & Jaffas, 1-2 from Edgy, Lake Mac, Azzuri & Maitland, 1 from valentine and maybe 1-2 others from the rest of the clubs who stood out enough to make it.

Fair enough, as someone who watched an awful lot of SAP last year I'm extremely cynical about NNSWF's selections. The top end clubs played at speers point less than any of the others due to having their own field for hub days. Even when they were at speers point the Northern officials who did turn up spent more time on their phone or laying down in the shade then actually paying attention to the games.

I reckon there were about 5 or so boys from Magic, 3ish from Olympic, New Lambton & Jaffas, 1-2 from Edgy, Lake Mac, Azzuri & Maitland, 1 from valentine and maybe 1-2 others from the rest of the clubs who stood out enough to make it.
    the TSP concept will be interesting this year as one kid who was playing 10's last year has been 'forced' back to play 10's again (he'd been playing up since day 1). He is outstanding on the ball and has pretty good vision and runs all day. Hes a proper star in the making, but because he was playing 10's last year and prob hasnt even started training with 9's, i doubt theres any chance hes made this TSP squad.
    Hopefully once he plays against kids his own age and maintains his standards they will find a spot for him.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the TSP concept will be interesting this year as one kid who was playing 10's last year has been 'forced' back to play 10's again (he'd been playing up since day 1). He is outstanding on the ball and has pretty good vision and runs all day. Hes a proper star in the making, but because he was playing 10's last year and prob hasnt even started training with 9's, i doubt theres any chance hes made this TSP squad.
    Hopefully once he plays against kids his own age and maintains his standards they will find a spot for him.
    Magic have three boys selected in the U10 TSP for 2020 - two from last years U9s and one who had been playing up in the U10s. On that basis I assume NNSWF have considered all age-eligible kids?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    If fees are reduced, who pays for the ridiculous payments some of these first grade players are receiving?
    It is crazy what players are being paid in a competition that is at best NPL4 in Sydney.
    How many NPL clubs actually embody their SAP players in their Club? Or are they just a necessary part of being an NPL Club and an additional revenue stream?
    Hahaha at best NPL4 hey.
    how many of those NPL 4 clubs ever made it to last 32 or 16 of FFA cup?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Magic have three boys selected in the U10 TSP for 2020 - two from last years U9s and one who had been playing up in the U10s. On that basis I assume NNSWF have considered all age-eligible kids?
    There’s some questionable selections might I say.
    Like Ageon mentioned and I agree with him but only 3 from magic boys is a big question mark. Think a few from Olympic might have been thrown in by Leo to keep his mates there happy 😐 the kid that plague speaks of from lambton also made it I believe which I agree with but didn’t see the blonde kid up front name get picked who was very good also in that group. Not sure if there’s a quota they have to select a kid from every team but from what I seen last year there should have been more than 3 magic kids go out of the 15 or so selected 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Like Ageon mentioned and I agree with him but only 3 from magic boys is a big question mark. Think a few from Olympic might have been thrown in by Leo to keep his mates there happy �� the kid that plague speaks of from lambton also made it I believe which I agree with but didn’t see the blonde kid up front name get picked who was very good also in that group. Not sure if there’s a quota they have to select a kid from every team but from what I seen last year there should have been more than 3 magic kids go out of the 15 or so selected ��*♂️
    Did your club send out the list of players selected? Did the names have clubs against them?

From Jaffas, one boy selected in U10’s, three selected in U11’s.

Banned
    Did your club send out the list of players selected? Did the names have clubs against them?
    No the coach informed us parents on who was selected. He mentioned a few kids names he recognised from other clubs and showed me the list.
    Knew a few names as some kids go to school with each other.

the kid that plague speaks of from lambton also made it I believe which I agree with but didn’t see the blonde kid up front name get picked who was very good also in that group.
    the kid i spoke of in my recent post doesnt play for NL. but i think i know the 2 kids youre talking about but it wouldnt shock me if they only picked one of them.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Like Ageon mentioned and I agree with him but only 3 from magic boys is a big question mark. Think a few from Olympic might have been thrown in by Leo to keep his mates there happy 😐 the kid that plague speaks of from lambton also made it I believe which I agree with but didn’t see the blonde kid up front name get picked who was very good also in that group. Not sure if there’s a quota they have to select a kid from every team but from what I seen last year there should have been more than 3 magic kids go out of the 15 or so selected 🤷*♂️
    So people on here saying some of the best kids ain’t got picked & im told that list has a few SAP coach and SAP TDs kids names on it. Not saying they ain’t good enough but it’s a bad look if some best kids are being left out.

What are Northern picking kids on anyway? If I want my u9 kid in next yr what does he have to do?

What are Northern picking kids on anyway? If I want my u9 kid in next yr what does he have to do?
    at that age (and realistically every age up til 12) id not sweat too much on not being in those type of squads. the skills they teach at SAP are more than enough to deal with your kid is better off perfecting those core skills and by the time he gets to 13 he'll be getting chased by the good NPL clubs anyway.

as we've seen from the Jets and FFA cup, coming through A-League youth is no bigger advantage than being in a good NPL setup.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Any1 got a opinion on the Newcastle Jets Skills Program? 20 wks but $500 sounds exy.

Any1 done it? Is the coaching up to scratch?

Banned
    Any1 got a opinion on the Newcastle Jets Skills Program? 20 wks but $500 sounds exy.

"The Newcastle Jets Skills Program (NJSP) is open to all players, no matter their playing experience or skill level."

Seems for the $$ and not so much identification

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    "The Newcastle Jets Skills Program (NJSP) is open to all players, no matter their playing experience or skill level."

Seems for the $$ and not so much identification
    100% about the $$$

There are already ample means of talent identification for young players. This is quite simply designed to make parents think if their child is enrolled it is their way of being scouted for the Jets. Or to go further, if their child is not enrolled they will miss out on being scouted. The Jets need every dollar they can get. It is a club in trouble on and off the pitch.

From what I have heard, it’d be good for 7-8 year old to develop their skills heading into SAP.

After that? Pretty much pointless unless your child wants more training.