Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

The National cabinet have today agreed to a set of principles for sport and recreation, which is the news many in community and youth football have been waiting for. I would anticipate Northern moving fairly quickly to re-establish kids football. It will obviously look very different - to start at least - but I think kids will back on the paddock kicking a ball with teammates within a month.

A

Received a communication from the club today.

NNSWF has sent draft draws out to the clubs for SAP, Youth and NPL with feedback required by next week.

Intention to start games back up in July and play as much of the season as possible which are likely to go until late October.

Games will be played in accordance with social distancing protocols.

Training is hoped to restart soon once updates have been received from the NSW govt.

Good signs all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Received a communication from the club today.

NNSWF has sent draft draws out to the clubs for SAP, Youth and NPL with feedback required by next week.

Intention to start games back up in July and play as much of the season as possible which are likely to go until late October.

Games will be played in accordance with social distancing protocols.

Training is hoped to restart soon once updates have been received from the NSW govt.

Good signs all around.
    Hi Aegon,

Our club have sent a very different message to our parents, essentially repeating the advise from Northern that until given the all clear by the Office of Sport all football activity remains suspended.

What are other clubs saying?

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Aegon,

Our club have sent a very different message to our parents, essentially repeating the advise from Northern that until given the all clear by the Office of Sport all football activity remains suspended.

What are other clubs saying?

A
    That is in fact the plan but I’m surprised a club would pass the information on before it’s even remotely official. The advice you got is the situation as it stands

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    That is in fact the plan but I’m surprised a club would pass the information on before it’s even remotely official. The advice you got is the situation as it stands
    Our club sent us similar information.We were told that nothing is official but if everything goes to plan they will restart games early July.It just gave parents some notice to prepare weekends i guess.Our club was also very forthright on the conditions that will come with restarting and us as parents need to take it very seriously or it could all go backwards very quickly.I appreciated the communication from the club as it gives the kids have something to look forward to very soon and parents are on notice not to screw it up.

The club was clear that it is at this stage the plan - All pending NSW govt decisions.

I really appreciate that the club are being clear with the communication from the outset rather than keeping players/parents in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Our club sent us similar information.We were told that nothing is official but if everything goes to plan they will restart games early July.It just gave parents some notice to prepare weekends i guess.Our club was also very forthright on the conditions that will come with restarting and us as parents need to take it very seriously or it could all go backwards very quickly.I appreciated the communication from the club as it gives the kids have something to look forward to very soon and parents are on notice not to screw it up.
    Hi sapdad,

I am all for giving updates and telling parents what the club knows, but I personally would hesitate on providing too much information as things can change quickly. Raising hopes and then having to dash them is probably worse than keeping people in the dark for the time being IMHO.

With that said I am optimistic that we will receive some positive news very soon. Northern released a statement yesterday asking clubs to hold fire, but my guess is we will receive further guidance by the weekend. Positive thoughts guys!

A

Hi sapdad,

I am all for giving updates and telling parents what the club knows, but I personally would hesitate on providing too much information as things can change quickly. Raising hopes and then having to dash them is probably worse than keeping people in the dark for the time being IMHO.

With that said I am optimistic that we will receive some positive news very soon. Northern released a statement yesterday asking clubs to hold fire, but my guess is we will receive further guidance by the weekend. Positive thoughts guys!

A
    I can totally understand both sides of this discussion.my bet is that the clubs are probably sick of getting a million phone calls from frustrated parents wondering where their expensive rego has gone and if they'll be seeing anything for it.as most have mentioned all communication has been very clear that nothing is official and that it can all go wrong especially if parents/clubs/kids dont abide by the strict conditions.im confident of an early july kickoff.im not as confident that the following 4 months will be incident free.

Hi sapdad,

A
    I definitely don’t agree with that. Nothing annoys me more than not being informed in a timely manner.

My sons club have made a lot of effort consulting with parents regularly to find out if they are passing on too much communications or not enough and they are doing their best to let people know what is being discussed, even while being clear that nothing is final yet.

Much appreciated by myself & I know other parents at other clubs are annoyed they aren’t being told anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I definitely don’t agree with that. Nothing annoys me more than not being informed in a timely manner.

My sons club have made a lot of effort consulting with parents regularly to find out if they are passing on too much communications or not enough and they are doing their best to let people know what is being discussed, even while being clear that nothing is final yet.

Much appreciated by myself & I know other parents at other clubs are annoyed they aren’t being told anything.
    Hi Aegon,

It is fantastic to hear that your sons club are keeping you informed - that is very important at this time I believe. My concern is that I have heard of some clubs announcing dates to return to training with at least two supposedly returning next week! This is without the public health order being lifted. Our understanding at our club is that councils have not yet been given to go-ahead to allow community sport to return to their grounds yet. If clubs are promising a return to training, and then having to backtrack on this, I worry that hopes are being raised unnecessarily.

Clubs should be preparing for the return, and should be ready to go when the time is right, but without state and local government go-ahead my opinion is clubs should be patient.

If comps do start again in July then those clubs saying they will return next week have a very long pre season in front of them. 8 weeks. A League styleeeee!!!

I am not trying to be argumentative here. Just stating a different view.

A

I agree with Aegon 100%.

These are unprecedented times and there is so many rumours and interpretations and the rules. All the clubs need to do is keep passing on the factual information that has been provided by the Government, FFA and Northern NSWF. In the meantime clubs should canvass players/parents to see if they feel safe and comfortable with how the restructure will work along with how the club will implement new procedures. This way it will save a lot of time and hassle about teams having to find players and potentially pulling out due to lack of numbers etc.

Fingers crossed we can all return to training soon and Northern will release a start date then we can all get back to whinging about the opposition, referees, Northern NSWF and parents.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    I agree with Aegon 100%.

These are unprecedented times and there is so many rumours and interpretations and the rules. All the clubs need to do is keep passing on the factual information that has been provided by the Government, FFA and Northern NSWF. In the meantime clubs should canvass players/parents to see if they feel safe and comfortable with how the restructure will work along with how the club will implement new procedures. This way it will save a lot of time and hassle about teams having to find players and potentially pulling out due to lack of numbers etc.

Fingers crossed we can all return to training soon and Northern will release a start date then we can all get back to whinging about the opposition, referees, Northern NSWF and parents.
    Will be still a little while Off yet. Clubs sent an email today that requires them and their coaches to undertake appropriate training via a webinar in the next 2 weeks before training can be recommenced. Office ofSport and local Councils have to give them the ok and this may vary from council to council. Any clubs caught training will be appropriately dealt with and not covered by insurance.

Have heard of 2 clubs that are starting to train this week, in groups of ten. Does anyone know if this has been cleared, I thought all training was still suspended by NNSW Football

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Have heard of 2 clubs that are starting to train this week, in groups of ten. Does anyone know if this has been cleared, I thought all training was still suspended by NNSW Football
    It’s not sanctioned so no cover for the players, the coach or the club. FFA have lifted the suspension on community football but it’s still up to the states and member zones when training will be allowed to restart

It’s not sanctioned so no cover for the players, the coach or the club. FFA have lifted the suspension on community football but it’s still up to the states and member zones when training will be allowed to restart
    Yes BS - its the lack of insurance cover and Council go-ahead that concerns me and our club. Of course people can now gather in groups of ten - but clubs should not be doing this as "official" training IMHO. God forbid any player gets injured.

A

Yes BS - its the lack of insurance cover and Council go-ahead that concerns me and our club. Of course people can now gather in groups of ten - but clubs should not be doing this as "official" training IMHO. God forbid any player gets injured.

A
    Supposedly three clubs are training in organised training sessions not necessarily at their own grounds. One club trained in full club training kit. Unbelievable not approved by council or northern an injury or heaven forbid a coved case and it brings it all undone for everyone and there will be no football.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Supposedly three clubs are training in organised training sessions not necessarily at their own grounds. One club trained in full club training kit. Unbelievable not approved by council or northern an injury or heaven forbid a coved case and it brings it all undone for everyone and there will be no football.
    Name and shame Johnno

Hot off the press - Football NSW return to football guidelines.
    Would assume Northern are rebadging this as we speak.
    Can we do it?
    https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...nes-FNSW-1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Hot off the press - Football NSW return to football guidelines.
    Would assume Northern are rebadging this as we speak.
    Can we do it?
    https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...nes-FNSW-1.pdf
    Thanks Barry.

These guidelines are easy to manage for Miniroos-U10 community and up to U10 SAP but will need a little more organising for the older groups as they have more players. Ground space will be the biggest issue, but nothing that cannot be overcome. Training is to be non-contact for Stage 1, so there should be no issues in older groups needing a whole pitch for practice matches.

I know our club have looked at these and are confident we can be on the paddock as soon as Northern and Council give it a Guernsey.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Have also heard of an NPL senior group back in training