Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

And this fast 5s at start of season is just an advert for Northern[/QUOTE]

Agree that the fast 5s at the start of season is strange.

Some teams will be playing trials from January with a full team on their full fields and then have to revert back to fast 5s, I cant see the sense.

Happy for someone to explain a good reason for it but I cant think of one at the moment.

I mean you could argue it’s a good environment to “maximise touches” and focus on “positioning and movement off the ball”. Etc.
    but as others have said, I’m very skeptical that it’s nothing but a power grab by NNSW to get people into their facility.

I’d be interested to see their usage data, on how often they are at capacity or fully booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I mean you could argue it’s a good environment to “maximise touches” and focus on “positioning and movement off the ball”. Etc.
    but as others have said, I’m very skeptical that it’s nothing but a power grab by NNSW to get people into their facility.

I’d be interested to see their usage data, on how often they are at capacity or fully booked.
    The maximise touches doesn’t work as logic as there are just too many players.
    9/10’s will have 9-10 players and 11/12’s will have 11-12 players for 5 a side games.
    How do you even work out subs for that?

Let alone somehow determine grading of the real games based on this?

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    This thread is a joke isn't it?

Half the people are okay to talk football, the other are a bunch of half-wits that only want to stir trouble or slag off kids & coaches that are doing their best.
    The upside to the old system, there wasn't the club mentality where people needed to bag out a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds learning how to play football. Kids often moved from one district program to another HV to Newcastle to Macquarie sometimes with parents that had to move etc. There was still a little bit of politics but it was quickly seen to as well as bad parent behaviour with offenders spoken to. I honestly wish the clubs could get together and work out how to better stamp it out, its not needed, even through to NPL the parents from SAP can get together and have a chat etc. I'd imagine now its more like an all in brawl. its just so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The upside to the old system, there wasn't the club mentality where people needed to bag out a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds learning how to play football. Kids often moved from one district program to another HV to Newcastle to Macquarie sometimes with parents that had to move etc. There was still a little bit of politics but it was quickly seen to as well as bad parent behaviour with offenders spoken to. I honestly wish the clubs could get together and work out how to better stamp it out, its not needed, even through to NPL the parents from SAP can get together and have a chat etc. I'd imagine now its more like an all in brawl. its just so silly.
    Please dont confuse the behaviour on this forum to what actually happens at games. As someone who has been there from the start and watched multiple age groups every year i can speak with a small bit of authority and say the gameday experience has been 99% positive for me.Ive seen a couple of instances of coaches carrying on towards refs but spectators have always been good.i see most good play get applauded by both teams fans,kids always shake hands (fist bump, elbow bump whatever) after matches.The spirit at the games is great and i think the clubs uphold a standard of behaviour that the kids must adhere to, and therefore their parents act accordingly.This forum seems to have a few old school heroes who dont have any affiliation with the program on here just airing old grudges. you could make it about mascots or chicken burgers and the same people will be on here bagging out yours and praising theirs.
    and we all know george at olympic has the best chicken burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Please dont confuse the behaviour on this forum to what actually happens at games. As someone who has been there from the start and watched multiple age groups every year i can speak with a small bit of authority and say the gameday experience has been 99% positive for me.Ive seen a couple of instances of coaches carrying on towards refs but spectators have always been good.i see most good play get applauded by both teams fans,kids always shake hands (fist bump, elbow bump whatever) after matches.The spirit at the games is great and i think the clubs uphold a standard of behaviour that the kids must adhere to, and therefore their parents act accordingly.This forum seems to have a few old school heroes who dont have any affiliation with the program on here just airing old grudges. you could make it about mascots or chicken burgers and the same people will be on here bagging out yours and praising theirs.
    Completely agree with everything you said - Also Azzurri's chicken burgers are the best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Completely agree with everything you said - Also Azzurri's chicken burgers are the best.
    No way westons are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    No way westons are!!
    I've actually never been to Weston's ground so I'll take your word for it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I've actually never been to Weston's ground so I'll take your word for it
    Not much shade unfortunately

That is really great, it’s nice to read something positive every now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    No way westons are!!
    I did not think I would find a better schnitzel burger than Olympic’s until I had one at Weston. Weston did not make finals football but they win the trophy for the best schnitzel burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Disagree.

So you wouldnt want kids to step up to a higher level? Not sure where that craziness ever came from. If done right, the 3 local rep system was great. The current SAP system is far too diluted.
    No exodus from jaffas. Couple of the 11s didnt want to play for the new team so moved on. Couple wanted to be at the "biggest" club so Jets will look at them more closely. Same old pecking order different year.
    Very different to New Lambton where some coaching and selection drove parents and kids out.

No exodus from the Jaffas 🤣🤣🤣 6 of the 12 players have left, what do you call that ? Along with the fact they were all quality players.
    They have only 1 player left from U9s, sounds like a stable environment

It’s obvious there’s a problem

[QUOTE=Isthisforreal;243069]No exodus from the Jaffas 🤣🤣🤣 6 of the 12 players have left, what do you call that ? Along with the fact they were all quality players.
    They have only 1 player left from U9s, sounds like a stable environment

It’s obvious there’s a problem

This thread is the best entertainment in town. The way some people carry on about under 9’s football. The fact that by the time they are 16 half will have given it away or gone to play with mates. And if 2 from each team actually ever go on to play 1st grade in NPL or higher that would be generous.
    Sorry to break it to you

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This thread is the best entertainment in town. The way some people carry on about under 9’s football. The fact that by the time they are 16 half will have given it away or gone to play with mates. And if 2 from each team actually ever go on to play 1st grade in NPL or higher that would be generous.
    Sorry to break it to you
    Exactly, then we have these blowins making up hysterical stories about a club when some might not like a team. And they havent the intelligence to think that the players on the move push out other players as these other fabulous clubs.
    3 15s came over from Olympic to jaffas to win another GF. Who cares what's happening at the club. Happens all the time.

The way some people carry on about under 9’s football. The fact that by the time they are 16 half will have given it away or gone to play with mates. And if 2 from each team actually ever go on to play 1st grade in NPL or higher that would be generous.
    Sorry to break it to you
    I agree with the first part of your comment, some people on here need to settle down.but no on here for the right reasons is talking about their kids making NPL 1st, or A-League, or EPL. they are just interested in the wellbeing of their kids.for anyone carrying on about mums and dads getting too involved in the running of their sport look at it this way.no one seems to care when we criticize the running of the Jets, or our favourite overseas clubs yet for some reason its an issue to discuss their own kids wellbeing? i find it ridiculous people will tolerate someone ready to have a knife fight over Messi v Ronaldo but mention your own kid and you are a weirdo.again,ignore the dopes on here who just have grudges.those people arent involved with SAP.if you arent interested in SAP then fine feel free to go over the EPL thread.its called the dick waving thread for a reason.

I agree with the first part of your comment, some people on here need to settle down.but no on here for the right reasons is talking about their kids making NPL 1st, or A-League, or EPL. they are just interested in the wellbeing of their kids.for anyone carrying on about mums and dads getting too involved in the running of their sport look at it this way.no one seems to care when we criticize the running of the Jets, or our favourite overseas clubs yet for some reason its an issue to discuss their own kids wellbeing? i find it ridiculous people will tolerate someone ready to have a knife fight over Messi v Ronaldo but mention your own kid and you are a weirdo.again,ignore the dopes on here who just have grudges.those people arent involved with SAP.if you arent interested in SAP then fine feel free to go over the EPL thread.its called the dick waving thread for a reason.
    The Jets are a professional club so they deserve to be critiqued how it’s perceived to be run positive or negative. NPL clubs are run by volunteers. That’s the difference and why the same level of criticism is ridiculous.
    Do we really care why a 9 yr old changed clubs. It baffles me why we debate if it’s the club in for losing them or the new clubs poaching them
    Last edited by The Hacker; 21-11-2020 at 08:29 PM.

The Jets are a professional club
    you sure about that?
    i think we both agree with certain arguments being way over the line.but in terms of why parents/coaches leave clubs, it can be an issue for the clubs that promise parents one thing yet deliver another.parents forking out over $1000 are justified in wondering where their money is going.sadly there are clubs out there that dont have the kids best interests at heart and that should be a concern for a parent that just wants their kid to be happy.id rather avoid the whole 'this club is shit' lack of nuance in the discussion but if a club does a shit thing then im ok with people talking about it.

Banned
    Do we really care why a 9 yr old changed clubs. It baffles me why we debate if it’s the club in for losing them or the new clubs poaching them
    Not really unless the club may choose to avoid issues in the future. No club will please everyone. Its one giant living emotional water bomb.

Coaches good bad moving, parents not liking where their child is playing, jealousy, bullying, players not happy or wanting to join winning teams, other player abilities are some reasons ive heard.

Regardless of where they go, at this level, how many make a living from football from round here? not many

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Not really unless the club may choose to avoid issues in the future. No club will please everyone. Its one giant living emotional water bomb.

Coaches good bad moving, parents not liking where their child is playing, jealousy, bullying, players not happy or wanting to join winning teams, other player abilities are some reasons ive heard.

Regardless of where they go, at this level, how many make a living from football from round here? not many
    Agree with Hacker and Negative Police some people in this thread really have a good look at themselves talking about kids no older than 12. Statistics say less than 5% would actually make a living and less than 1% will actually make it to the pinnacle in Australia.

95% of statistics are made up and 0% of players who listen to the naysayers will ever make it