Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Well at least you got your forum name right because clearly you don’t know much 😉

And the other comment about we weren’t that good “back in our day”? quarter finals in the 2006 World Cup wasn’t too shabby, most of the team playing EPL compared to how many now? Yeah maybe do a little study before you reply with silly uneducated comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Well at least you got your forum name right because clearly you don’t know much 😉

And the other comment about we weren’t that good “back in our day”? quarter finals in the 2006 World Cup wasn’t too shabby, most of the team playing EPL compared to how many now? Yeah maybe do a little study before you reply with silly uneducated comments.
    Did you just put 'Do a little study' right next to 'quarter finals in the 2006 World Cup'.

Looks like ill need to book a table for 2 at the library.

[QUOTE=Yaa Yaa;229507]Well at least you got your forum name right because clearly you don’t know much 😉

Is that It?

Must have hit the nail on the head then.

Take my advice Yaa Yaa there will be plenty of time to tell your mates how many trophies your kid wins once they get to 12's

Banned
    Quarters, last 16 same thing.
    You get the drift, I’ll try be more specific for you Next time cobber 😉
    Last edited by Yaa Yaa; 04-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quarters, last 16 same thing.
    You get the drift, I’ll try be more specific for you Next time cobber ��
    but even then, you say winning is important at U/9 level, but here you are celebrating not winning. which is it?

but your point isnt without merit as far as that 'golden generation' is concerned. they were truly great players, but how did they get there? it always seems it was done at the club/individual level. and the shitshow that is the FFA has failed terribly since then to find the next generation and the one after that and the one after that, all of whom should be better than their predecessors.

we went from 74 to 06 with nothing to show, and although we keep qualifying are we any better now?

im happy for the governing body to overhaul a system that wasnt working. we might not agree with parts of it, but you only have to look at Germany and Japan as far as organisations that put forward big bold long term plans. both of their programs are working, heres hoping ours does too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    but even then, you say winning is important at U/9 level, but here you are celebrating not winning. which is it?

but your point isnt without merit as far as that 'golden generation' is concerned. they were truly great players, but how did they get there? it always seems it was done at the club/individual level. and the shitshow that is the FFA has failed terribly since then to find the next generation and the one after that and the one after that, all of whom should be better than their predecessors.

we went from 74 to 06 with nothing to show, and although we keep qualifying are we any better now?

im happy for the governing body to overhaul a system that wasnt working. we might not agree with parts of it, but you only have to look at Germany and Japan as far as organisations that put forward big bold long term plans. both of their programs are working, heres hoping ours does too.
    Come on now let’s be a little realistic, we won’t be winning the World Cup anytime soon because In Australia we don’t put football/soccer 1st, too many sports to compete with. But why are we not producing any more EPL stars since that generation? Maybe Mooy who’s not really setting the place on fire. Sad to see

I feel winning and loosing is important as kids learn to win and fail at same time, prepares them for the real world.
    Opinions are like assholes I guess we all have them 👌

Come on now let’s be a little realistic, we won’t be winning the World Cup anytime soon because In Australia we don’t put football/soccer 1st, too many sports to compete with. But why are we not producing any more EPL stars since that generation? Maybe Mooy who’s not really setting the place on fire. Sad to see

I feel winning and loosing is important as kids learn to win and fail at same time, prepares them for the real world.
    Opinions are like assholes I guess we all have them ��

agree we wont be winning it anytime soon, but Japan has a 100 year plan to win everything. its an amazing undertaking, and already paying off in the womens game and their national league (which were all part of the same plan).
    i think everyone in this discussion agrees that winning and losing is an important part of life, but im happy for NNSW to not make it the 'focus' of the program in those early years.

as for no EPL stars, totally agree, but dont forget we have Daniel Arzani who according to many is the greatest player in the history of football. lets hope the SAP program unearths 1000 little Arzanis every year to take the footballing world by storm.
    now excuse me while i smoke some more of this crack..........
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Opinions are like assholes I guess we all have them ��
    There's not as much incentive to be the best anymore because you can make a very comfortable living in the A-League. In the past there was no grey area - you either made it as a player overseas or you played part time in Australia and worked 9 to 5 to pay your bills.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    That’s quite the change. Is this from U9s upwards? My initial thoughts are that it’s a big change, particularly for 8 year olds coming in from community football.

Does this also mean teams won’t play each other as often? The draw will be interesting.
    Yes to your questions. It is only a proposal at the moment because more teams and players and not enough grounds.

Banned
    Oh they know who the strong and weak teams are in both grades don’t worry.
    In the 9s grade there is 1 lambton team, 1 Olympic team, 2 magic teams, 1 valentine team, 1 lakes team and 1 Jaffa’s team.

And I was intrigued about this coach being sent off that you speak of so I asked around,
    For the record he wasn’t sent off at all, Richard Heartly had a whinge about it and looking for excuses because his boys were played off the park and was looking for someone to blame and decided to take it out on a coach for coaching on other side of field away from RH and his coaches.
    So is that not allowed in under 9s?? Does it matter what side of the pitch they coach from?
    Don’t get me wrong this page has some helpful things and that’s why I joined but when some of you get on here and start hammering coaches that let’s face it coach because they have a child playing and not because they make big bucks.
    These coaches are required to give their weekends up and get coaching certificates, plan sessions that are up to SAP standards,
    Train the kids twice a week, 2 games of a weekend and then cop shit from people on the sidelines and on forums.
    If any of you can do a better job then step up, if not shut up and let the coaches coach, end of the day it’s under 9s/10s and you’re not going to get GVE or Ernie merrick coaching your kids so stop being so petty over the smallest things.
    If coaches have a disagreement ok so what, if a coach gets asked to coach on other side again no biggie, let’s not be high school kids and gossip girls and blow it out of proportion and try talk about the important matters.
    This isn’t just aimed at you London boy but it’s your comment I was replying to for the start of the comment is all, more aimed at traffic light and Negative police.
    How can kids have fun as you like to pretend but have 2 coaches barking orders. ridiculous. Just let them play and theyll work it out.

For the new system how about teams play 1 team for 30 mins at half time the teams swap.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 04-09-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Banned
    In schools they try not to give ribbons at carnivals so kids feelings aren’t hurt, are we hurt from not winning back then dads?
    But they proceed to give out awards at assembly for English and math?
    Wrong again. Ribbons for 1st 2nd 3rd. Champion sports people get a trophy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I donÂ’t talk scores with my daughter, sometimes her team matches the boys some times they donÂ’t, but what I do talk to my daughter about is her accountability for her game. Being a goalkeeper we focus on how she helped her team when in possession, her positioning, her attitude and focus. We talk a lot about the individual aspects of being a goal keeper and also he role in the team..

The reason I donÂ’t speak scores with her is for the fact some times the boys are just that much better and they can run up a score where she couldnÂ’t do much about it as long as she is doing the basics right and putting herself in the right positions then thatÂ’s all I can ask, some she will save some she wonÂ’t. Nature of the position.

As long as she is learning each week performing better then the week before and becoming more consistent. Then IÂ’m happy with what she is getting out of this SAP program.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    What a load of dribble this post is.

This is nothing more than a parent who wants to put their kid up on a pedestal at the youngest age possible for their own benefits.

Kids know who wins and who loses, you don't need a table or 'play for trophies' to make kids better footballers or to prevent Australia from falling further down the world rankings. Its parents like the Magic coach they have been discussing on this forum that are the reason why we can't have competition winners in this country at a young age. Too many parents make it about themselves rather than the kids, its unfortunate but a reality that isn't going to change.

Let your kids play as much as possible, encourage them and keep challenging them the rest will work its self out.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    agree we wont be winning it anytime soon, but Japan has a 100 year plan to win everything. its an amazing undertaking, and already paying off in the womens game and their national league (which were all part of the same plan).
    i think everyone in this discussion agrees that winning and losing is an important part of life, but im happy for NNSW to not make it the 'focus' of the program in those early years.

as for no EPL stars, totally agree, but dont forget we have Daniel Arzani who according to many is the greatest player in the history of football. lets hope the SAP program unearths 1000 little Arzanis every year to take the footballing world by storm.
    now excuse me while i smoke some more of this crack..........
    You better put that Crack through a sifter so you dont get any crap in it.

Oh they know who the strong and weak teams are in both grades don’t worry.
    In the 9s grade there is 1 lambton team, 1 Olympic team, 2 magic teams, 1 valentine team, 1 lakes team and 1 Jaffa’s team.

And I was intrigued about this coach being sent off that you speak of so I asked around,
    For the record he wasn’t sent off at all, Richard Heartly had a whinge about it and looking for excuses because his boys were played off the park and was looking for someone to blame and decided to take it out on a coach for coaching on other side of field away from RH and his coaches.
    So is that not allowed in under 9s?? Does it matter what side of the pitch they coach from?
    Don’t get me wrong this page has some helpful things and that’s why I joined but when some of you get on here and start hammering coaches that let’s face it coach because they have a child playing and not because they make big bucks.
    These coaches are required to give their weekends up and get coaching certificates, plan sessions that are up to SAP standards,
    Train the kids twice a week, 2 games of a weekend and then cop shit from people on the sidelines and on forums.
    If any of you can do a better job then step up, if not shut up and let the coaches coach, end of the day it’s under 9s/10s and you’re not going to get GVE or Ernie merrick coaching your kids so stop being so petty over the smallest things.
    If coaches have a disagreement ok so what, if a coach gets asked to coach on other side again no biggie, let’s not be high school kids and gossip girls and blow it out of proportion and try talk about the important matters.
    This isn’t just aimed at you London boy but it’s your comment I was replying to for the start of the comment is all, more aimed at traffic light and Negative police.

Enjoy the sun ☀️ It’s a nice day out ✌🏿
    Well said, the next lot of NPL parents look like they'll be as amped up as the current lot. Calm down and enjoy watching your kids play and don't forget, coaches and TD's from all clubs talk amongst themselves. Over zealous parents are our favourite subject and if you carry on like a perpetual dick, we won't hesitate move your kid on. We'll just find another one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Well said, the next lot of NPL parents look like they'll be as amped up as the current lot. Calm down and enjoy watching your kids play and don't forget, coaches and TD's from all clubs talk amongst themselves. Over zealous parents are our favourite subject and if you carry on like a perpetual dick, we won't hesitate move your kid on. We'll just find another one.
    Exactly, and totally agree.

It’s because most of them are trying to live through their kids.
    I see it happen all the time and like I said previously, unless you think you can do a better job and step up then sit down and shut up.
    I don’t think I’ve seen many kids that play SAP at the moment have fathers that made it as footballers, so unless you are Robbie Middleby who’s son plays SAP locally zip it because you have done f&$k all in the game just like me, hence why I don’t go criticising my sons coach, or the opposing coach.
    You’re a spectator and there’s a reason why you’re behind the fence.

On that note it’s the last weekend of SAP and I for one am glad the break is coming, what will some of you obsessed dads do now in the off season without having a coach or club to bag because your poor son lost to a better team? Oh wait the kids are probably signed up for cricket or touch footy which I’m sure you can gossip about 🤦*♂️

✌🏿

I've been at the Jaffas v Magic games this year and didn't even notice this incident.

And to be fair, RH tells his own teams coaches not to coach from the sidelines. He ran a trial game between Olympic and Jaffas a couple of weeks ago where he banished all the coaches from the sidelines so the kids could step up and make their own decisions (good or bad) and talk between themselves on the field to organise themselves.

It was a big ask for 8-10 year olds but I think it is way more beneficial than having coaches on both sides of the field (which 1 of the magic teams has done both times we played them) barking out instructions constantly to the boys on the field.

Now I ask you parents what do you want from the program for your kids?
    Do you want fun? Do you want competition? Do you want development? Value for your rego cost?
    I want my son to enjoy his football, to be well coached and for him to show continued improvement in his game.

Luckily all 3 of the above were achieved this year. Both Jaffas 9's coaches seem like great blokes who have a good rapport with the kids.

My biggest concern before he started in SAP was that it may be too much football and that he would lose his enjoyment. The opposite ended up occuring as all he cares about is football. He's either kicking the ball around the house or outside, playing with his match attax cards, playing FIFA on PS, watching games or highlights or asking me constant questions about who the top 5 midfielders are in the world, etc, etc.

It drives the wife mad but I am happy to support him doing something he loves. If he loses his love for the game I'd let him stop playing or go play another sport in a heart beat.

My criticisms of this program are not to do with coaching, results, etc but more to do with poor planning and preparation from Northern. The draws were very late before the season and at the half way point. There are pointless weekends off the cater for other programs, a lack of oversight at speers point and not having the balls to step up and come up with a clear direction for consistent approaches to the program by the clubs. Too many decisions are left for individual clubs to determine themselves which results in clubs having balanced teams, A & B teams, 1 or 2 teams and not providing proper game leaders, etc, etc.

I also haven't witnessed any poor parent behavior throughout this whole first season, the only real issues I have seen at all have been by coaches/managers criticizing the game leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post
    Yes to your questions. It is only a proposal at the moment because more teams and players and not enough grounds.
    I thought this was going to be an issue - but with the Jets Youth moving to Hunter Sports High I wonder if the LMRFF will have more ground availability to support the increased number of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I want my son to enjoy his football, to be well coached and for him to show continued improvement in his game.

Luckily all 3 of the above were achieved this year. Both Jaffas 9's coaches seem like great blokes who have a good rapport with the kids.
    I agree with this for my son also. My boy has loved every minute of SAP and has had great coaching throughout. His coaches genuinely care about the kids development and seem good blokes as well. My impressions of all the coaches across the board is that every single one of them are doing their best, which I have no doubt the vast majority of parents appreciate.

[/QUOTE] My criticisms of this program are not to do with coaching, results, etc but more to do with poor planning and preparation from Northern. The draws were very late before the season and at the half way point. There are pointless weekends off the cater for other programs, a lack of oversight at speers point and not having the balls to step up and come up with a clear direction for consistent approaches to the program by the clubs. Too many decisions are left for individual clubs to determine themselves which results in clubs having balanced teams, A & B teams, 1 or 2 teams and not providing proper game leaders, etc, etc. [/QUOTE]

I think this is fair enough as well. Apart from some of the recent stuff, my take on this forum is that most of the posts are around peoples observations on SAP and ways for NNSWF to improve. I see no issue if people see something they don't like about how NNSWF run SAP and air it, as long as its constructive. I think most people on here take that approach, and the majority will try and offer up some type of solution or ideas to improve things. Some are good, some less so, but ultimately I just think it shows people care and want this thing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    asking me constant questions about who the top 5 midfielders are in the world, etc, etc.
    Did Matt Ridenton make the top 5??