Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The Yellow team played New Lambton Gold who are their B team in this age group. Pretty tough game to watch, the Jaffa's keeper didn't touch the ball in the first half.
    Not sure of the reasoning behind having A & B teams but I don't think it is very fair on the kids that end up in the B squads getting 10-20 goals scored against them regularly.
    How many of these kids will walk away from the game through lack of enjoyment? Yet their mates in the A team are doing it very easily and have scored 20+ goals in some of their games.
    from my understanding this age group wasnt soley picked as an A and B team.Kids were split up to even out positions and expose some to different coaching.i wont argue that there is a substantial difference between the squads though.as for kids walking away from the game,lets be real.kids in these age groups are swapping clubs because they feel they can play with better teammates elsewhere already anyway.sadly,making kids play with kids who are not as good creates just as many issues as it solves.even your club picked an A and B team in 11's except instead of playing them they kicked the B kids out altogether( i know the reason why but the results were the same).The idea of playing kids in A and B then putting all the A teams together also has merit but then do the B team kids ever get the chance to catch up.Theres no right or wrong path,but im seeing the consequences of all the methods and no one has it right.im personally of the opinion of giving as many kids access to the program and hoping it creates a really big talent pool at 13 for the kids to take the next step in their development across all the NPL clubs.kids that arent standouts in SAP might be better suited to the bigger field, more space etc.if they have the fundamentals correct at that age (dribbling, touch, shooting) the next step might be where they thrive.

on a side note i was watching u/11 Olympic vs Jets girls just before the Jaffas game you were referencing. The jets keeper was doing the exact same thing, standing on half way all game.obviously its a club coaching philosophy and was interesting to watch.

The more competitive games the better. The comp should be evened at some point. No one develops much at 15+ to 0

Now if NNSW had some money and some staff they could easily see club strengths after a few rounds and begin to grade accordingly.

Singo in the 10s would have lost to many community teams. Not clubs or coaches fault. They were trying their best to give the kids a shot.

However due to special circumstances this year, lets just be thankful to be on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I’m actually getting tired of reading about magic or Olympic having the luxury of good players And poaching this and that .
    I know of 3 kids this year who Magic have approached to come play for them next year. So they do, do it. Though they aren't the only club that has spoken to one of these players.

If NNSW don’t sort this out and make an A grade and B grade then it’s nothing more then a money grabbing glorified community competition with absurd rego prices.
    Making money is all Northern is interested about.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    No mention in SAP rules as to how the GK can release the ball so a kick would appear to be ok.All attacking players are required to remain behind the drop-off line when goal kicks are being taken until the team taking the goal kick has taken a touch.Not applicable when goalkeeper receives the ball in general play.Rule 4.4
    Yeah drop off only applies to the goal kick not when the keeper has it in his hand nor does he have to drop it. I think some coaches and parents on here need to read the rules before making claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. Not overly familiar with things at that end of the age groups.

To clarify, there’s been comments upon reading that imply that some clubs are focussed on “winning” rather than development. Just wondering, those teams that try to win more opposed to homing skills etc, what does their play style look like?
    Do they kick and chase, long balls, give it to their good player to run through. Like what makes them focussed on winning? Is it the language of coaches driving that “feeling” that scoring and winning is important, or their play style.

Just curious.

Is scoring still exciting? Are the kids competing to “win”?
    I've seen coaches that "want to win" but focus on the development and that's what leads them to winning games. They don't mix it up they don't just boot it long they just encourage the kids and remind them of the basic skills and by following that process the kids will naturally win more often than not.

Also of course the kids are competing to win and find scoring exciting.

One rule that a lot of coaches don't follow though is this

A Team will be permitted to utilise 2 interchange periods in each half;
    ➢ A Team’s interchange periods can be used at the discretion of that Team;
    ➢ During these periods, Teams may make an unlimited number of interchanges;
    ➢ Teams may make an unlimited number of interchanges during the half-time period;
    ➢ In the event of an injury causing a Player to be unable to continue in the match, an
    Injury Interchange may be permitted, for the injured Player only, at the discretion
    of the Match Official which will not count toward the 2 interchange periods

Plenty of coaches and game leaders either don't know or don't care about the rule

Not sure why Northern brought it in, it's hardly followed and unless you have game leaders that will stop it every week (and they are usually parents or younger players) there is no point in Northern in putting this in especially since their U12 SAP comp regulations state there is no limit
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 02-09-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post

Plenty of coaches and game leaders either don't know or don't care about the rule

Not sure why Northern brought it in, it's hardly followed and unless you have game leaders that will stop it every week (and they are usually parents or younger players) there is no point in Northern in putting this in especially since their U12 SAP comp regulations state there is no limit
    i think its a good idea just to keep the game tidy.our coach follows it but mistimed his subs one week (the kids ran on about 30s apart).when he went to make his next lot of subs the opposition coach was up off the bench complaining like someone had keyed his car.the carry on was a bit much and the refs boss dealt with it at halftime.

It's a pointless rule that is ignored week in week out. As you say, how is it supposed to be enforced by volunteer game leaders?

I know of 3 kids this year who Magic have approached to come play for them next year. So they do, do it. Though they aren't the only club that has spoken to one of these players.

Making money is all Northern is interested about.

Yeah drop off only applies to the goal kick not when the keeper has it in his hand nor does he have to drop it. I think some coaches and parents on here need to read the rules before making claims.

I've seen coaches that "want to win" but focus on the development and that's what leads them to winning games. They don't mix it up they don't just boot it long they just encourage the kids and remind them of the basic skills and by following that process the kids will naturally win more often than not.

Also of course the kids are competing to win and find scoring exciting.
    Yeah I think you may be stretching the truth a bit there.
    From what I know is that they aren’t allowed to approach any kids unless their parents have filled in EOI forms at that club. Maybe go back to who’s told you this and ask them if they have filled out EOI at Olympic and Magic before jumping on a forum bagging out clubs for poaching. But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It's a pointless rule that is ignored week in week out. As you say, how is it supposed to be enforced by volunteer game leaders?
    i can see the point of it,but until teams start time wasting late in games i cant see how making subs interferes with the flow of the game.most teams i watch dont stop the game for subs anyway.the ball goes out, they call their kids over and the game goes on as the others get back into position.main thing is the welfare of the kids, as the weather warms up if kids are struggling out there its on everyone involved to make sure they arent kept out there because of some silly rule.

From what I know is that they aren’t allowed to approach any kids unless their parents have filled in EOI forms at that club. Maybe go back to who’s told you this and ask them if they have filled out EOI at Olympic and Magic before jumping on a forum bagging out clubs for poaching. But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    He’s right. A few years ago a kid I know got a phone call from Lambton Jaffas among with other players from his team to go to Jaffas. No EOI, he was just a good player. Doesn’t know how they even got his number. Would have been about 13/14 at the time maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    He’s right. A few years ago a kid I know got a phone call from Lambton Jaffas among with other players from his team to go to Jaffas. No EOI, he was just a good player. Doesn’t know how they even got his number. Would have been about 13/14 at the time maybe
    Right about what? That’s 13/14 of course they will chase kids at that age. This guy is talking about SAP kids. Let’s not get off track now, next you’ll be saying clubs chase senior players 😱

The rule was stupid to start with. depending on teams with 1,2 or 3 subs 10 and 20th minute is a joke. Its very difficult to organise even game time. Although multiple changes in the last 5 needs to be stamped
    Last edited by samcan; 03-09-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Many clubs have been calling early for a long time regardless of signup rules. And the reason why the "top clubs" are more successful at this is because theres more chance of winning OR maybe getting into reps.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    kids in these age groups are swapping clubs because they feel they can play with better teammates elsewhere.
    Always been the way. And yes it does create more problems for lower strength clubs.

I dont have a solution

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    i can see the point of it,but until teams start time wasting late in games i cant see how making subs interferes with the flow of the game.most teams i watch dont stop the game for subs anyway.the ball goes out, they call their kids over and the game goes on as the others get back into position.main thing is the welfare of the kids, as the weather warms up if kids are struggling out there its on everyone involved to make sure they arent kept out there because of some silly rule.
    the reason why this is not implemented now is that NNSW withdrew that rule due to covid and players especially 9s & 10s would not be fit enough, i have no problems with unlimited subs as long its done without stopping the game...

There isn't any restrictions offering players positions, etc. Only on holding formal trials.
    Most clubs would have been trying to identify players throughout the season to augment player numbers for the transition from 10's to 11's (at least 4 extra kids needed per club) or replacing departing players.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    the reason why this is not implemented now is that NNSW withdrew that rule due to covid and players especially 9s & 10s would not be fit enough, i have no problems with unlimited subs as long its done without stopping the game...
    agreed,the common sense approach is best here.

Don't have to ask all of them as one of them is my step-son and we certainly haven't filled out an EOI for the two clubs that approached them. One is either Magic or Olympic and one is another NPL club.

It's not just Olympic and Magic doing it (can't say for both but can say for one of the clubs). So perhaps next time don't get so defenisve and just accept that what you think is true isn't true at all. And if Olympic or Magic have that rule they should tell their coaches that.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 04-09-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    The rule was stupid to start with. depending on teams with 1,2 or 3 subs 10 and 20th minute is a joke. Its very difficult to organise even game time. Although multiple changes in the last 5 needs to be stamped
    If coaches are doing that in SAP to win a game then they need to pull their head in.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    But it is on their updated COVID rules.

How do you even know it was a coach? Could have been a father or anyone. Anyway take it as a compliment that your kid may be a good player and not turn it into a poaching story on a SAP forum to get some attention. I’m not defending any club I’m just over some of the crap some of you go on with. Bore off
    Because I know who they both are. Better if you just accept that what you want to claim doesn't happen does in fact happen. I'm not bagging out clubs for doing it but it's false to say clubs don't do it because clearly they do.

watched a fantastic game of u/11's football down at Darling St today.Players, coaches and spectators were all brilliant.wish it was that level every week.