Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Watched Edgy v Magic 9s 2day and saw a big gap between teams. Edgy real good. DidnÂ’t see the ovver game but heard it was a bit closer.

Never stayed for 10s but got told magic put 20+ on one of the girls teams. That yr boys John S?

If true that ainÂ’t no good for any1. AinÂ’t blaming magic kids but Northern got to sort that out. People on here already talking about cricket scores in matches last week to. Not a good look for Northern.
    No not my boys, we played the Edgy boys that day and other side played the HV girls. Some have mentioned about grouping the better sides and I’d be behind that idea just like the old days even in community where they had A-B-C grade.
    I get there isn’t as many teams but can definitely do an A and B comp similar to back end of last season. As a coach it can be uncomfortable when your side is putting on a big score and yes I’ve gone to 2 touch and moved kids around but they are young and they aren’t going to stop scoring because they love it, it may slow them down a tad or make it worse lol. It’s not ideal for either side but or for the parents watching.
    Some coaches may also take offence to it if you withdraw a player or go to one touch as I’ve seen happen. I mean if you yell out “ok boys let’s go one touch” out loud at speers point and the other coach and parents hear that they might say, oh who does he think he is rubbing it in now playing one touch.
    People offend easy these days.
    Anyway if nnsw wanted to have a meeting (via Skype/Facetime of course) on grouping the sides IÂ’m sure all the coaches would be available for input and most would be honest on where they would like their kids grouped.
    But atm any football would be great hahaha wonder if nnsw have plans to extend the season because as we know there’s no catch up games for SAP.
    Keep practicing in backyards for now kids.
    Last edited by John S; 20-03-2020 at 01:34 PM.