Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    in other news more in keeping with the discussion,the ground i was at on the weekend had the drop off line way further out than normal.made for a much better display of football from the kids, they got to at least play that first pass and it was really good to watch.
    Drop off rule was in place tonight at Lakes for the game between Lakes and Macquarie girls. Both teams playing out from the back, leading to some really good passages of play. Very pleased with how the girls played and quite a well balanced game with both teams having periods where they were in control..
    Question tho in the boys U/11’s keepers kicking the ball out hands is that a yay or a nay??. We where under the impression it was a nay but when it happened the opposition coach said it was a yay..

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Question tho in the boys U/11’s keepers kicking the ball out hands is that a yay or a nay??. We where under the impression it was a nay but when it happened the opposition coach said it was a yay..
    funny enough it was a question raised previously.one team did it and when asked their coach said it wasnt in the rules one way or another so in that case they apply the standard fifa rule.no one had a problem with it but apparently nnsw sap specific rules make no mention.

funny enough it was a question raised previously.one team did it and when asked their coach said it wasnt in the rules one way or another so in that case they apply the standard fifa rule.no one had a problem with it but apparently nnsw sap specific rules make no mention.
    Fair enough, I guess with all this drop off rule talk and playing out from the back it was just assumed the long bomb out of the hands wasn’t allowed..

I honestly don’t know if it’s a rule, I do know for sure that the head of football and coaches at my sons club direct the goalies to play out to the left or right back. Doesn’t mean it always happens but they are definitely being coached to do it that way.

Fair enough, I guess with all this drop off rule talk and playing out from the back it was just assumed the long bomb out of the hands wasn’t allowed..
    I also thought it was a rule - and I think it makes a lot of sense not to allow it.

Given that I haven't seen it occur in any of our games I would assume most other U9 coaches think it's a rule too.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I also thought it was a rule - and I think it makes a lot of sense not to allow it.

Given that I haven't seen it occur in any of our games I would assume most other U9 coaches think it's a rule too.

If coaches are letting keepers do that then they aren’t worried about development.
    That will make great entertainment on a small pitch to pump the ball up the field and then watch it bounce 3 times before a kid is confident enough to head it. I assumed the rule is like indoor and keeper can throw it under arm Maybe over? or kick it off the deck which would be the way to go. No one wants to see bombs out of their hands at this age and on a small pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    If coaches are letting keepers do that then they arenÂ’t worried about development.
    That will make great entertainment on a small pitch to pump the ball up the field and then watch it bounce 3 times before a kid is confident enough to head it. I assumed the rule is like indoor and keeper can throw it under arm Maybe over? or kick it off the deck which would be the way to go. No one wants to see bombs out of their hands at this age and on a small pitch.
    the chat we had with the coach that used it said he found it difficult as teams got older they were pressing right up on the goalies when they had the ball in general play. he said if teams were going to push 3 and 4 players up in his goalies and defenders face then it was a legit tactic to at least know there was another option. to be fair to him it happened once in the game and he encouraged his keeper to throw it out every other time so id say thats why no one had a problem with it at the time.i can absolutely understand your point Doopche that it could get ugly if overdone.im just assuming it was probably something no one thought to make a rule about.if it happens too much i can see nnsw changing it.id personally love to see the drop off rule applied whenever the goalie had the ball (goal kick or in general play) but it would be a lot of enforcing by the refs to make it work.but it would be best for the kids football and thats the point i guess.

It did only happen once or twice in our game last night and every other time both keepers where playing out from the back, I was just curious of if it was a rule or not.. But can day in the majority I have seen playing out from the back as the main focus which has been great to see.

Listen to all the mums and dads on here, ffs, let the kids play footy and forget about winning trophies so mum and dad can tell all their friends, this thread is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Listen to all the mums and dads on here, ffs, let the kids play footy and forget about winning trophies so mum and dad can tell all their friends, this thread is a joke
    so exactly what part of the sap program should parents talk about in the sap thread genius? ive obviously missed the part about trophies and wins and barnyards but of course you found it didnt you mate.judging by your history of being bitter about pretty much everything in football its no surprise you rode your horse in here to make up some nonsense just so you can remind yourself you and only you know the secret to how football is run.
    it still amazes me after all this time reading this forum that the same geese are on here telling people how they can and cannot talk about their kids and their well being.the internet is a big place feel free to **** off somewhere else in it to tell your made up stories.youre a bitter old ex official no doubt longing for the days when your opinion mattered and people had to be nice to you to get a run at your club.its clowns like you that put bad tastes in parents mouths about joining clubs.no one cares what you think about SAP.you dont have kids in it, find something else to pretend to care about we are good here thanks.

the chat we had with the coach that used it said he found it difficult as teams got older they were pressing right up on the goalies when they had the ball in general play. he said if teams were going to push 3 and 4 players up in his goalies and defenders face then it was a legit tactic to at least know there was another option. to be fair to him it happened once in the game and he encouraged his keeper to throw it out every other time so id say thats why no one had a problem with it at the time.i can absolutely understand your point Doopche that it could get ugly if overdone.im just assuming it was probably something no one thought to make a rule about.if it happens too much i can see nnsw changing it.id personally love to see the drop off rule applied whenever the goalie had the ball (goal kick or in general play) but it would be a lot of enforcing by the refs to make it work.but it would be best for the kids football and thats the point i guess.
    I'm very strict about enforcing the drop off for goal kicks - and I'd love it to also apply to goal keeper possession in general play. We (like most U9 teams I would assume) don't have a regular goalkeeper and rotate all the kids through that position. It's really hard for most of them to adapt and when they finally actually pick the ball up with their hands (surprisingly hard for some kids to get that far) it's stresses them out when they have an opposition player (or 3!) in their face stopping the restart.

Good on the opposition coach in our game on the weekend who seemed to have taught his players to drop off the goalkeeper in these situations - it made for a much better game.

so exactly what part of the sap program should parents talk about in the sap thread genius? ive obviously missed the part about trophies and wins and barnyards but of course you found it didnt you mate.judging by your history of being bitter about pretty much everything in football its no surprise you rode your horse in here to make up some nonsense just so you can remind yourself you and only you know the secret to how football is run.
    it still amazes me after all this time reading this forum that the same geese are on here telling people how they can and cannot talk about their kids and their well being.the internet is a big place feel free to **** off somewhere else in it to tell your made up stories.youre a bitter old ex official no doubt longing for the days when your opinion mattered and people had to be nice to you to get a run at your club.its clowns like you that put bad tastes in parents mouths about joining clubs.no one cares what you think about SAP.you dont have kids in it, find something else to pretend to care about we are good here thanks.
    I wouldn't bother debating it. He's one of several long timers here who like dropping into threads every now and then just to say how irrelevant SAP, Youth or Women's football are.

It's really hard for most of them to adapt and when they finally actually pick the ball up with their hands (surprisingly hard for some kids to get that far) it's stresses them out when they have an opposition player (or 3!) in their face stopping the restart.
    Still happens in Under 10's - some of the kids definitely can't get used to using their hands

I'm very strict about enforcing the drop off for goal kicks - and I'd love it to also apply to goal keeper possession in general play. We (like most U9 teams I would assume) don't have a regular goalkeeper and rotate all the kids through that position. It's really hard for most of them to adapt and when they finally actually pick the ball up with their hands (surprisingly hard for some kids to get that far) it's stresses them out when they have an opposition player (or 3!) in their face stopping the restart.

Good on the opposition coach in our game on the weekend who seemed to have taught his players to drop off the goalkeeper in these situations - it made for a much better game.
    I seen something pretty funny in a SAP game on the weekend relating to this topic. 1 teams players would drop off when keeper would make a save and let them play out but other team wouldn’t return the favour and near scored when keeper did the same with his feet and was tackled by other teams players rushing in soon as he put it on the ground. So the coach yelled out to other bench is that the rule you guys want to play just so we are on the same page Or something along those lines, and asked it nicely when a vocal mother yelled out from behind the bench “when the ball is down it’s live play so play the rules” coach just said no worries and instructed his players to not drop off on saves.
    That was a big mistake on their part as they quickly returned the favour and ran over the top of them . But the worst thing I seen was father from behind the bench yelling instructions and calling the ref who’s obviously a parent helping out a f@&k Witt because he didn’t spot the ball was out on the sideline which was a fair distance away from him.
    I think this behaviour is uncalled for and I don’t like to mention clubs but that’s a disgrace and parents including myself need to shut up at games and let the coaches and Volunteer refs Do their jobs. That stuff really boils my blood and I don’t care if I’m not part of that club because my son has reffed a few times and Lakes need to speak with their parents regarding this. Yes I mentioned the club but they need to be held accountable.
    No wonder it’s hard to find kids to ref games when you have morons like that yelling out.
    Last edited by Doopche; 20-07-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I seen something pretty funny in a SAP game on the weekend relating to this topic. 1 teams players would drop off when keeper would make a save and let them play out but other team wouldn’t return the favour and near scored when keeper did the same with his feet and was tackled by other teams players rushing in soon as he put it on the ground. So the coach yelled out to other bench is that the rule you guys want to play just so we are on the same page Or something along those lines, and asked it nicely when a vocal mother yelled out from behind the bench “when the ball is down it’s live play so play the rules” coach just said no worries and instructed his players to not drop off on saves.
    That was a big mistake on their part as they quickly returned the favour and ran over the top of them . But the worst thing I seen was father from behind the bench yelling instructions and calling the ref who’s obviously a parent helping out a f@&k Witt because he didn’t spot the ball was out on the sideline which was a fair distance away from him.
    I think this behaviour is uncalled for and I don’t like to mention clubs but that’s a disgrace and parents including myself need to shut up at games and let the coaches and Volunteer refs Do their jobs. That stuff really boils my blood and I don’t care if I’m not part of that club because my son has reffed a few times and Lakes need to speak with their parents regarding this. Yes I mentioned the club but they need to be held accountable.
    No wonder it’s hard to find kids to ref games when you have morons like that yelling out.
    Obviously this behaviour is unacceptable. Mostly as coach I'm too preoccupied to hear it - but I get told about it later.
    My assumption is that people fail to identify the difference between buying a ticket and barracking for their professional team versus cheering for kids (on both sides) who are learning to play and love a game.

We could not convince one single parent (nor by extension a sibling) to lead our game on Saturday, so we had to default to our manager. This is problematic for a number of reasons, but also emblematic of the grief that such game leaders receive during and after games.

I know we just don't have enough of them around to seriously consider it - but how much would a certified referee cost per game? It wouldn't solve all the behavioural problems, but it might solve others.

We could not convince one single parent (nor by extension a sibling) to lead our game on Saturday, so we had to default to our manager. This is problematic for a number of reasons, but also emblematic of the grief that such game leaders receive during and after games.
    This boggles my mind. Everyone needs to chip in and contribute to support the games being played at all.
    In the current climate the kids are lucky to be playing and for parents not to help out is rubbish.

With being a game leader the job is to let the game flow, just enforce the drop off rule, pull up bad tackles, get the kids how to throw in properly and blow the whistle for blatant offsides. I've done a bunch of games since my son started SAP and the kids are fairly honest with calls so most of the time the goal kicks, corners, throw ins are all left by player who last touched it for the opposition to take. In the last game I think I blew the whistle maybe 5-6 times and it was usually for encroaching on the drop off rule. As much as we all hate mouthy spectators and parents, they are definitely in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    This boggles my mind. Everyone needs to chip in and contribute to support the games being played at all.
    In the current climate the kids are lucky to be playing and for parents not to help out is rubbish.

With being a game leader the job is to let the game flow, just enforce the drop off rule, pull up bad tackles, get the kids how to throw in properly and blow the whistle for blatant offsides. I've done a bunch of games since my son started SAP and the kids are fairly honest with calls so most of the time the goal kicks, corners, throw ins are all left by player who last touched it for the opposition to take. In the last game I think I blew the whistle maybe 5-6 times and it was usually for encroaching on the drop off rule. As much as we all hate mouthy spectators and parents, they are definitely in the minority.
    If the restrictions allowed it I'd invite them to come along and "practice" leading during a mini-game at training and then they might realise - as you point out - that it's not all that difficult.

It did only happen once or twice in our game last night and every other time both keepers where playing out from the back, I was just curious of if it was a rule or not.. But can day in the majority I have seen playing out from the back as the main focus which has been great to see.
    No mention in SAP rules as to how the GK can release the ball so a kick would appear to be ok.All attacking players are required to remain behind the drop-off line when goal kicks are being taken until the team taking the goal kick has taken a touch.Not applicable when goalkeeper receives the ball in general play.Rule 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    It ceased being being a target program when so many kids are accepted into it.

If SAP is about getting kids in front of accredited coaches to develop them, then the club doesn't matter. As it stands, the SAP system is an exclusive cash cow for the lucky few. The shear volume of kids taken in devastates the community teams left behind. The numbers that fold because of SAP intake is way too high. those kids are lost to football, but no one cares.
    Hi sammydog,

You have articulated what I was trying to say far better than I did. My point around a possible girls SAP program for community teams was as a reward for all the work those teams do in the female development space.

I couldn't agree more with the need for more selectiveness in SAP - we need community teams to thrive, and consistently losing players to SAP regardless of ability sometimes is likely to cause big issues down the track.

A

If SAP is about getting kids in front of accredited coaches to develop them, then the club doesn't matter. As it stands, the SAP system is an exclusive cash cow for the lucky few. The shear volume of kids taken in devastates the community teams left behind. The numbers that fold because of SAP intake is way too high. those kids are lost to football, but no one cares.[/QUOTE]

Im a parent who has played soccer all my life also and I fully agree with this comment. Weve been given the opportunity to whinge and bitch here about whats going on and unfortunately Im one of the Dads whos job has taken him away from being able to coach and help out. I don't understand how the SAP comp cant be graded just like the old A,B,C D divisions we all had as a kid. The clubs with 2 good teams will need to play against one another for now but I feel 1 team should be enforced from U12s then fringe players of Olympic and Magic will dilute to other clubs.
    There are 10+ scorelines right across SAP, NPL1, NPL2. (All Youth I talking about) They can all be graded right across all divisions just like they used to be. The youth system isn't aligned with the seniors. They simply share a name and to cover off ground access youth on Saturdays Seniors Sundays or vice versa if there is the odd change for night functions as needed.
    Im not saying it would be easy at NNSW but there is software which you put all the info into and it produces a draw. With only a few hiccups which need to be manually fixed up