Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    The level of training is only similar if the standard of coaches is similar across the board. While not every coach in zone SAP was great they did tend to attract some of the better ones. I think in club SAP it will be a bit more hit and miss.
    I have zero experience with the zone SAP system, however feedback from friends who had kids go through the system or have them in Under 12's now. It's clear that the coaching was just as hit and miss there as it is in the clubs. Last years NNWSF Newcastle 11's definitely had issues with one of their coaches. Not sure if the same coach returned this year but the parents I know there are much happier with a new coach.
    I don't know anyone who had kids go through HV but the feedback from the guys who had their boys in Macquarie and Newcastle (When NF ran it) was they had good years and bad years. Newcastle seemed to have a consistent message at least as they apparently turned out great midfielders year after year.

The clubs should have a vested interest in getting the right coaches or at least providing the best possible coaching oversight (TD's or SAP coordinators depending on the club title) as the end goal should be providing all the pre requisite skills for all these kids in the premier club SAP system to step up into the NPL (Or NL1) Youth system seamlessly.

All I want to say is 15/16 is the magic age.

I’ve seen kids who played community football until under 12s killing it in the Jets system now.
    I’ve seen kids who played rugby league until under 12s killing it in the jets system now.
    I’ve seen the next best thing who was a superstar SAP kid, maybe even an emerging jet who rides a skateboard or surfboard now because they are sick of the structure and the pressure they have been under since they were 8 years old.

It doesn’t matter how technically and tactically brilliant a child is at 9-12 years old, the most important thing at that age is for them to fall in love with the game so much that they want to play it every day.

A coach will have a small impact on whether a player makes it to A league level. The majority has to come from the fire within the player to succeed and the willingness to do more than the average kid to achieve it.

Let your kids fall in love with the game and don’t take it too seriously too soon

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post

I’ve seen kids who played community football until under 12s killing it in the Jets system now.
    I’ve seen kids who played rugby league until under 12s killing it in the jets system now.
    I’ve seen the next best thing who was a superstar SAP kid, maybe even an emerging jet who rides a skateboard or surfboard now because they are sick of the structure and the pressure they have been under since they were 8 years old.

It doesn’t matter how technically and tactically brilliant a child is at 9-12 years old, the most important thing at that age is for them to fall in love with the game so much that they want to play it every day.

A coach will have a small impact on whether a player makes it to A league level. The majority has to come from the fire within the player to succeed and the willingness to do more than the average kid to achieve it.

Let your kids fall in love with the game and don’t take it too seriously too soon
    Best post in this forum 100% correct, passion and determination will trump everything in the long run.
    Seen it all first hand, let the kids do what they want to do and things will work out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post

reading back through this forum ive seen this type of comment a lot.i think the type of person commenting on here is exactly as you say they should be.all the parents seem to want the best for their kids and want their kids passion for football to be the best experience they can get.i certainly dont want my kid getting yelled at every week or feeling like hes failing if they lose games.so hearing other parents opinions on coaches/clubs etc can mean making more informed decisions in the future to avoid such issues.from the second we were spoken to by our club about what the program actually is all about we understood what its there for and we are comfortable in where its headed.for sure other kids will come from outside the program to become stars.no one within SAP is saying this is the only way.likewise SAP kids are going to end up successful in other areas and credit the program with instilling some discipline and pride in themselves.sport is supposed to be fun and educational.my kid is having fun and learning and happy.thats all i want to see.

Watched Edgy v Magic 9s 2day and saw a big gap between teams. Edgy real good. Didn’t see the ovver game but heard it was a bit closer.

Never stayed for 10s but got told magic put 20+ on one of the girls teams. That yr boys John S?

If true that ain’t no good for any1. Ain’t blaming magic kids but Northern got to sort that out. People on here already talking about cricket scores in matches last week to. Not a good look for Northern.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Watched Edgy v Magic 9s 2day and saw a big gap between teams. Edgy real good. Didn’t see the ovver game but heard it was a bit closer.

Never stayed for 10s but got told magic put 20+ on one of the girls teams. That yr boys John S?

If true that ain’t no good for any1. Ain’t blaming magic kids but Northern got to sort that out. People on here already talking about cricket scores in matches last week to. Not a good look for Northern.
    I watched one game today that ended up being won by 8 or 9 goals.

The game wasn’t completely dominated by any means but small sided football can be cruel in a 60 minute game.

Westy 14s beat singleton 20 nil yesterday so it doesn’t get any better the olderr you get

Magic 10 Yellow Vs HVF girls would be the game in question. The second 10s magic boys were playing Edgeworth boys at the same time side by side.

The HVF girls are made up of mostly under 10 girls (and even one young under 9 ) not a single player from that group of girls has had any experience in the SAP program prior to this season. Game was very one sided indeed and agreed not a game that would have had Benefit for either team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Magic 10 Yellow Vs HVF girls would be the game in question. The second 10s magic boys were playing Edgeworth boys at the same time side by side.

The HVF girls are made up of mostly under 10 girls (and even one young under 9 ) not a single player from that group of girls has had any experience in the SAP program prior to this season. Game was very one sided indeed and agreed not a game that would have had Benefit for either team involved.
    Y r HV girls 10s playing in the SAP 10s? Even Emerging Jets girls have there 11s in that comp. & they the best girls.

Some1 at Noethern has fcuked up. & those poor HV kids are the ones who suffering

Y r HV girls 10s playing in the SAP 10s? Even Emerging Jets girls have there 11s in that comp. & they the best girls.

Some1 at Noethern has fcuked up. & those poor HV kids are the ones who suffering
    Just to clarify, my comments are just what I know from having a daughter playing in this team at HVF. So numbers were short this year for them and the 11 girls almost non existent bar the exception of 2 girls as far as IÂ’m aware. So the team is an 11 girls made up of mostly under 10s players.

Regardless of this I think northern should have had the foresight to look at the ages and drop the girls down into the 9s SAP competition.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Just to clarify, my comments are just what I know from having a daughter playing in this team at HVF. So numbers were short this year for them and the 11 girls almost non existent bar the exception of 2 girls as far as IÂ’m aware. So the team is an 11 girls made up of mostly under 10s players.

Regardless of this I think northern should have had the foresight to look at the ages and drop the girls down into the 9s SAP competition.
    HV I think need to also hold their hands up on this one, they have been well behind all other associations for 20 plus years and don’t seem to be doing all that much to change it. They have a TD that has never played the game and last year when my daughter was there 3quarters of the way through the season if you had asked the girls to point out who the TD was at least half the team couldn’t.. now at her new club the new TD is there every night and sharing equal time with all teams .

It wasn’t a good look at the trials for HV that at the end of it all parents where called in and where asked who would like to coach the teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I watched one game today that ended up being won by 8 or 9 goals.

The game wasnÂ’t completely dominated by any means but small sided football can be cruel in a 60 minute game.
    You're right Aegon - our game had this kind of margin, and it was more down to the 60 minutes (even though the timekeepers tried to blow halftime after 20 mins ) than any real domination.

Even though we won, I was disappointed in the way that we won - most of our goals came after our structure broke down and goals were scored like we were playing playground football. Not the game lesson we were going for.

At this stage - it might be our last game for the season, maybe one more .. before we all get shut down for social distancing.
    It would be terribly sad for the kids to lose most/all of a season - especially given the improvement I've seen in them since January. But I'm pro-lockdown and pro-do it sooner rather than later. Even though it might mean my business goes belly up and my family is financially crippled.

Tough times lads. Everyone keep well, and stay safe. Football seems trivial at a time like this.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    You're right Aegon - our game had this kind of margin, and it was more down to the 60 minutes (even though the timekeepers tried to blow halftime after 20 mins ) than any real domination.

Even though we won, I was disappointed in the way that we won - most of our goals came after our structure broke down and goals were scored like we were playing playground football. Not the game lesson we were going for.

At this stage - it might be our last game for the season, maybe one more .. before we all get shut down for social distancing.
    It would be terribly sad for the kids to lose most/all of a season - especially given the improvement I've seen in them since January. But I'm pro-lockdown and pro-do it sooner rather than later. Even though it might mean my business goes belly up and my family is financially crippled.

Tough times lads. Everyone keep well, and stay safe. Football seems trivial at a time like this.

Steve
    Steve, is it true that one of the older teams at your club won a game in a trial (or the first round) by almost 40 goals?

It is definitely an ongoing issue. All the game leaders in SAP are volunteers, but it looks like there are different interpretations or at least ways in which the rules are being communicated through to the people leading the games.
    The main inconsistencies seems to always be around the drop off rule & offsides. Also, one of the other things I hate seeing is the game leader coaching their team on the field.
    The games I watched on the weekend didn't police the drop off, offside or blow fouls for bad tackles (For both teams).

On a positive for the girls program in SAP.
    U/12 Macquarie girls V U/12 Emerging Jets yesterday was a really good and entertaining game of football.. the jets did skip away to an early 4 goal lead and have some wonderful talent.
    But once the respective/ fear ( whatever you want to call it) wore off, the Macquarie girls started to get stuck in and pulled a goal back before the half. Then kept the jets to nil in the second half whilst grabbing another goal themselves. Both keepers making excellent saves ( trying not to be biased as Macquarie keeper is my daughter but anyone who knows me will know I’m pretty honest with her on her performance’s).

But at then end of the day the standard of football both teams played was great and a real positive for the program and women’s football to know it’s working in a way and we should have some talented girls coming through in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    has this been legitimately discussed at club or SAP level?our club hasnt been relayed anything like this and we've been getting forwarded lots of emails regarding the issue.

The games I watched on the weekend didn't police the drop off, offside or blow fouls for bad tackles (For both teams).
    we were out at the facility on the weekend and the refereeing is concerning.coaches yelling at poor kids in the middle trying to ref a game isnt great.let alone the lack of support from the refs coordinator.the poor young refs are getting thrown to the wolves a bit and its only 9,10 and 11.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    On a positive for the girls program in SAP.
    U/12 Macquarie girls V U/12 Emerging Jets yesterday was a really good and entertaining game of football.. the jets did skip away to an early 4 goal lead and have some wonderful talent.
    thats really good to hear.im a big fan of the jets kids as they play really good football and are well coached.in previous years the gap between them and the other girls teams in the program has been significant.to hear the other girls teams are now pushing them is great for the girls game overall.

Steve, is it true that one of the older teams at your club won a game in a trial (or the first round) by almost 40 goals?
    I haven't hear scores, but I did hear that one of our teams results last week was very lopsided.

I have taken to ensuring I am very deliberately and loudly instructing my players to get back to the drop-off. Wink wink, nudge nudge