Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    This is not a NNSW problem this is a coach and club issue. I have no issue with kids being off side but the drop off rule needs to be enforced as it is in Miniroos football. It's not even an issue for the referee its the coach that should be getting them back and teaching them at training to do so. Too many coaches at this young age teaching the kids skills they don't need yet like the press as well as hand picking all the good kids into one team, it's only stunting their development but these superstar SAP coaches wouldn't see that.
    Well you definitely live up to your forum name. Sound like a salty dad.
    Stop living through your child old mate and stop being a little baby. Why don’t you step up and show these coaches how it’s done? These guys are giving up their time to coach the kids and not getting paid and guys like you sledging them on a forum because some 9 yr olds donÂ’t listen and get back their 10m. Grow up mate.
    Why don’t you name the club that is stacking the side? Name and shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Well you definitely live up to your forum name. Sound like a salty dad.
    Stop living through your child old mate and stop being a little baby. Why don’t you step up and show these coaches how it’s done? These guys are giving up their time to coach the kids and not getting paid and guys like you sledging them on a forum because some 9 yr olds donÂ’t listen and get back their 10m. Grow up mate.
    Why don’t you name the club that is stacking the side? Name and shame.
    I’ll ignore the hyperbole and focus on the question at the end.

There are several clubs where the direction from the club Technical Director or SAP co-ordinator they have run with an A/B team set up as opposed to 2 evenly matched squads.

I know Lake Mac, Maitland & New Lambton definitely run with this set up.

Edgeworth mix and match their teams most weeks but typically run A/B teams vs Olympic, Magic or Jaffas.

Magic, Jaffa’s, Olympic, Phoenix & Azzurri definitely run evenly spread teams.

I’ve got no idea how Weston or Rosebuds run their set up.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    magic and olympic have been 2 of the clubs that have implemented the SAP program better than most.as for newfm teams struggling you certainly havent been watching teams play.plenty of big clubs out there playing football directly opposite to the point of SAP but coaches/parents/players very boisterous about how good they are based on them winning games.that philosophy will carry over to NPL youth and the best footballing teams will be still strong.you want to talk about players abandoning teams what about when teams cut 10 year old kids for no real reason.kids that then turn up at places like magic and olympic who then go on to perform more than adequately to justify a place in their program.a big focus needs to be put on coaches and tds at these some of these so called big clubs to see what order they prioritise winning, skill development and the well being of the kids.and be honest with yourselves because ive seen enough shameful shit already to know who the really successful clubs are.
    From NPL Youth thread.

I have watched many SAP games in the last 2 years and apart from New Lambton it's very rare to see a competitive NEWFM NL1 team.... even in the 10's early this year the stronger NL team put about 40 goals past another NL1 club.
    Admittedly I haven't seen anything from West Wallsend or Cooks Hill yet, however Wallsend, South Cardiff & Singleton are a fair way behind in terms of individual skills.

I don't think this has anything to do with the coaching - more to do with the best young players going to the big clubs. In the end these players will be further along in their progress than they would have been going through miniroos or ID - the challenge is keeping these players in the sport because if they are getting 10, 20 or 30 goals put past them each week it will be hard for them to keep enjoying it.

I've said multiple times in the past that the club SAP system should be split. Generally in line with NPL (SAP1) and NL1 + the girls squads (SAP2) so that the games are competitive, close and enjoyable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    From NPL Youth thread.

I have watched many SAP games in the last 2 years and apart from New Lambton it's very rare to see a competitive NEWFM NL1 team.... even in the 10's early this year the stronger NL team put about 40 goals past another NL1 club.
    Admittedly I haven't seen anything from West Wallsend or Cooks Hill yet, however Wallsend, South Cardiff & Singleton are a fair way behind in terms of individual skills.

I don't think this has anything to do with the coaching - more to do with the best young players going to the big clubs. In the end these players will be further along in their progress than they would have been going through miniroos or ID - the challenge is keeping these players in the sport because if they are getting 10, 20 or 30 goals put past them each week it will be hard for them to keep enjoying it.

I've said multiple times in the past that the club SAP system should be split. Generally in line with NPL (SAP1) and NL1 + the girls squads (SAP2) so that the games are competitive, close and enjoyable for everyone.
    im happy for all clubs to remain in the same schedule as it exposes clubs/parents/coaches to what is expected and what is achievable.the games on the weekends are pretty much the poorest metric for evaluating the kids.any clubs boasting about winning for the sake of winning is completely missing the point of the program.SAP isnt the be all and end all.by 13's heaps of kids are going to some from ID's/miniroos and fit straight in to NPL. the likes of magic and olympic dont have a magic wand.they just coach their kids and set a good program.these other clubs might need to actually look at learn from the likes of those clubs rather than get jealous of them.cooks hill and nl are in a unenviable position due to being no pathway above 13.but their best kids are good enough for these top npl clubs hence why they are already been scouted for spots.sometimes its a shameless approach a lot of times its the fact a family member has a connection to the club and its a natural fit.also again one of these big clubs picked up jaffas kids because they got cut.hard to blame anyone else other than jaffas if they get to 13s and dont have enough quality to match.nor is it out of line for parents to avoid the club like the plague if thats how they are going to treat kids.id much rather these clubs look into the way they are being run and who is running them rather than blaming magic/olympic for doing whats best for their clubs.

im happy for all clubs to remain in the same schedule as it exposes clubs/parents/coaches to what is expected and what is achievable.the games on the weekends are pretty much the poorest metric for evaluating the kids.any clubs boasting about winning for the sake of winning is completely missing the point of the program.SAP isnt the be all and end all.by 13's heaps of kids are going to some from ID's/miniroos and fit straight in to NPL. the likes of magic and olympic dont have a magic wand.they just coach their kids and set a good program.these other clubs might need to actually look at learn from the likes of those clubs rather than get jealous of them.cooks hill and nl are in a unenviable position due to being no pathway above 13.but their best kids are good enough for these top npl clubs hence why they are already been scouted for spots.sometimes its a shameless approach a lot of times its the fact a family member has a connection to the club and its a natural fit.also again one of these big clubs picked up jaffas kids because they got cut.hard to blame anyone else other than jaffas if they get to 13s and dont have enough quality to match.nor is it out of line for parents to avoid the club like the plague if thats how they are going to treat kids.id much rather these clubs look into the way they are being run and who is running them rather than blaming magic/olympic for doing whats best for their clubs.
    On the Jaffs cut you mentioned - From my understanding that was a decision made very early and in line with the expectation that NNSWF were pushing towards 1 team per club in 11's for 2020. Once the objections from several clubs on this direction were upheld and the ability for multiple teams within 11's was possible Jaffa's had already communicated with parents & coaches their intention to run with a single team.
    No real direction for 1 team or 2 is going to be 100% right though as Jaffas and other clubs that run with 1 team are going to be looking for several more players when they go for 13's NPL. However on the flip side, teams that have gone with 2 teams will be needing to cut at least 7 or 8 players when they move to 13's. Considering their are 5 or 6 clubs that will be in this position, I don't think Jaffas, Valo, Rosebuds, etc will struggle to get their required numbers.

In no way am I blaming Olympic or Magic. I think they are both very well ran clubs with great reputations. I just don't think their players or the opposition players get anything out of games that are being dominated completely by one side.

by 13's heaps of kids are going to some from ID's/miniroos and fit straight in to NPL
    On this point in particular.

Yes this was correct in the past as the numbers of places were extremely limited within the association SAP programs which left a whole bunch of kids to play in Newcastle NET or some of the Macquarie, HV club development miniroos grades.
    Have you watched Miniroos in 9's/10's/11's in the same ages as SAP runs now? There are only a couple of grades in each association now and the quality is extremely poor, of course there are going to be some late starters, bloomers or kids that have come from other sports but they'll be the exception to the rule. SAP this year though has taken about 250 boys each out of Under 9's and above and the best girls have moved on to the association SAP teams. The quality of coaching and players at miniroos and ID level is going to be extremely diluted compared to the past.

On this point in particular.

Yes this was correct in the past as the numbers of places were extremely limited within the association SAP programs which left a whole bunch of kids to play in Newcastle NET or some of the Macquarie, HV club development miniroos grades.
    Have you watched Miniroos in 9's/10's/11's in the same ages as SAP runs now? There are only a couple of grades in each association now and the quality is extremely poor, of course there are going to be some late starters, bloomers or kids that have come from other sports but they'll be the exception to the rule. SAP this year though has taken about 250 boys each out of Under 9's and above and the best girls have moved on to the association SAP teams. The quality of coaching and players at miniroos and ID level is going to be extremely diluted compared to the past.
    agreed,but watching SAP games has exposed a few issues.good teams having 3 or 4 very good players by comparison and seemingly happy to let their stars win for them.plenty of players in good teams unable to shoot pass or control very well with weak foot.a lot of players/teams winning by athleticism rather than skill.trials at 13's will expose a lot of this and kids will wonder where it all went wrong.kids will come from other areas with similar levels of athleticism and skill level.they will get their chance.i agree with most parts of your comments so please dont think im coming after you specifically but watching a lot of games over these past few years has shown me how different peoples understand of "skilled" is and i disagree with most of them.

I saw a post tonight on Magic’s Facebook page saying they will have 10’s girls SAP in 2021.
    Is the girls competition phasing away from association SAP as well?

I saw a post tonight on Magic’s Facebook page saying they will have 10’s girls SAP in 2021.
    Is the girls competition phasing away from association SAP as well?
    Was meant to start next year with 10-12, but COVID has messed that up, so will phase in as it has with the boys, one age group per year... Yth WPL age groups change to 13, 15,17... from 14 and 17.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Was meant to start next year with 10-12, but COVID has messed that up, so will phase in as it has with the boys, one age group per year... Yth WPL age groups change to 13, 15,17... from 14 and 17.
    First I’d heard of it. Any ideas on how the Girls age group comps will be run, are they going to continue playing the boys but an age group or 2 up?

First I’d heard of it. Any ideas on how the Girls age group comps will be run, are they going to continue playing the boys but an age group or 2 up?
    Assume there will be an EOI, open for wpl clubs and nominated community football teams, 8-10 clubs needed for comp draw... will play against each other, separate from the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Assume there will be an EOI, open for wpl clubs and nominated community football teams, 8-10 clubs needed for comp draw... will play against each other, separate from the boys.
    This is a very interesting development. There are a number of girls-only comps in U9 community, but the vast majority of clubs are not NPL. If the girls SAP is to get off the ground current SAP clubs will either need to get on board, or Northern will need to issue licenses to the likes of Merewether, Kotara South, Kahibah, Mayfield, Dudley etc.

I am sure some of the NPL clubs will be eyeing the money coming from the World Cup in a couple of years, so wouldn't be surprised if they started running girls teams in the near future. I would be surprised if this happened next year though.

I would personally love to see Northern grant some of the community clubs girls SAP licenses for next year. These community clubs have put in the hard yards with girls football and deserve the recognition. Knowing Northern, I worry that they will alienate the community clubs and only grant licenses to NPL ones. We shall see!!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    This is a very interesting development. There are a number of girls-only comps in U9 community, but the vast majority of clubs are not NPL. If the girls SAP is to get off the ground current SAP clubs will either need to get on board, or Northern will need to issue licenses to the likes of Merewether, Kotara South, Kahibah, Mayfield, Dudley etc.

I am sure some of the NPL clubs will be eyeing the money coming from the World Cup in a couple of years, so wouldn't be surprised if they started running girls teams in the near future. I would be surprised if this happened next year though.

I would personally love to see Northern grant some of the community clubs girls SAP licenses for next year. These community clubs have put in the hard yards with girls football and deserve the recognition. Knowing Northern, I worry that they will alienate the community clubs and only grant licenses to NPL ones. We shall see!!

A
    SAP isn’t for community football it’s specifically for footballers who want to play in those leagues WPL /NPL etc. it’s a commitment to 2 nights a week training over 30 something weeks. SAP licences cost money. Why would a community club be interested in any of that when the intention isn’t for those kids to play community football and their season doesn’t run anywhere near as long. They would only be wasting money investing and setting kids up with false ideas of what they are getting into, there will literally no where for them to go after SAP. I think you are blurring interest in football and what the SAP program is supposed to be. It was never supposed to be a free for all, it’s a targeted program that requires a large investment from both club and players as well as their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

A
    We have worked our arses off to develop womens football at our club, and the prospect of the WPL clubs having SAP from U9's scares the crap out of us. There is 28 teams in the U8's girls across the three member zones, slide them over to the 8 WPL clubs ( a few of which have very few junior girls) and you will gut community girls football. Many teams at various clubs wont be viable after they have been picked apart.

As it is we lost 10% of our juniors to Emerging Jets, WPL and WPL development teams in the last off season. We worked hard and recruitment far out numbered the loss, but it still hurts.

Community clubs being granted SAP licenses though, not a chance . We are only here to bring kids into the sport to be picked off. We had aspirations of WPL, but have given up. I wont hold my breath for a SAP licence.
    Last edited by sammydog; 16-07-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    SAP isn’t for community football it’s specifically for footballers who want to play in those leagues WPL /NPL etc. it’s a commitment to 2 nights a week training over 30 something weeks. SAP licences cost money. Why would a community club be interested in any of that when the intention isn’t for those kids to play community football and their season doesn’t run anywhere near as long. They would only be wasting money investing and setting kids up with false ideas of what they are getting into, there will literally no where for them to go after SAP. I think you are blurring interest in football and what the SAP program is supposed to be. It was never supposed to be a free for all, it’s a targeted program that requires a large investment from both club and players as well as their families.

It ceased being being a target program when so many kids are accepted into it.

If SAP is about getting kids in front of accredited coaches to develop them, then the club doesn't matter. As it stands, the SAP system is an exclusive cash cow for the lucky few. The shear volume of kids taken in devastates the community teams left behind. The numbers that fold because of SAP intake is way too high. those kids are lost to football, but no one cares.

agreed,but watching SAP games has exposed a few issues.good teams having 3 or 4 very good players by comparison and seemingly happy to let their stars win for them.plenty of players in good teams unable to shoot pass or control very well with weak foot.a lot of players/teams winning by athleticism rather than skill.trials at 13's will expose a lot of this and kids will wonder where it all went wrong.kids will come from other areas with similar levels of athleticism and skill level.they will get their chance.i agree with most parts of your comments so please dont think im coming after you specifically but watching a lot of games over these past few years has shown me how different peoples understand of "skilled" is and i disagree with most of them.
    If a kid has athleticism thats ok dont cry they are learning to use it and dont be jealous because your kid cant handle it.

If a kid cant use their other foot yet have a cry. Theyre still learning.

Dont worry I dont have a kid playing but jealous parents are a cancer. Theyre all doing their best with their current skills and learning new ones.

Crap. Magic and Olympic coach their kids very similarly as most clubs. They have the luxury of having very good footballers whether by attraction or poaching. They still get beaten sometimes but thats sport.

Some kids actually leave Magic and Olympic because bad things happen. Point is players move all the time and even go back without the infantile "hating an ex club".

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post

Dont worry I dont have a kid playing
    your inability to read or comprehend the posts was outstanding and concerning all at the same time.im not criticizing any kids, in fact im saying that because kids develop at different speeds, the 'success' of the program or teams or players cant be seen now, and nor should it.i was using magic and olympic as examples because the conversation in earlier posts seemed to infer they get the best players but you obviously missed that in the rush to throw some insults out ther you even agreed with my point yet called it crap,excellent job there.anyway after seeing your form on here ill let you go and do your thing.you think any parents on here discussing their kids well being is somehow not ok yet you are quite strident to throw insults and stand up for a bunch of footballers overseas who you dont know, dont have any real connection to, and who dont know or care who the **** you are.coming to a random thread to throw insults at parents having their own conversations says way more about you than it does for us champ.looking forward to being told to go have a cry or something equally as mature.thanks in advance.

in other news more in keeping with the discussion,the ground i was at on the weekend had the drop off line way further out than normal.made for a much better display of football from the kids, they got to at least play that first pass and it was really good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Crap. Magic and Olympic coach their kids very similarly as most clubs. They have the luxury of having very good footballers whether by attraction or poaching. They still get beaten sometimes but thats sport.

Some kids actually leave Magic and Olympic because bad things happen. Point is players move all the time and even go back without the infantile "hating an ex club".
    How would you know how magic or Olympic coach their kids? “Some kids leave because bad things happen” wow 🤦🏻*♂️ That’s like saying some kids score a goal when they shoot.
    I’m actually getting tired of reading about magic or Olympic having the luxury of good players And poaching this and that . I know at magic the teams are full of mostly Miniroos kids with a few added along the way at trials. This poaching players is the biggest load of crap I’ve read. When players Parents contact coaches and ask to bring their kids over because they like the way the club is run, or team is coached or that they have a pathway to NPL Why is that somehow the clubs fault?. So if kids turn up to the trials and the coach pics them it’s poaching is it? It’s not the EPL or NPL 1st grade where they can buy players, it’s up to the parents if they choose to take them to these clubs to benefit from either better coaching or better teammates that might help their kids progress.
    I will say one thing but, there is a massive gap between the top few sides and the rest of the competition I most grades. If NNSW don’t sort this out and make an A grade and B grade then it’s nothing more then a money grabbing glorified community competition with absurd rego prices.