Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    The kids New Lambton are dropping back to U9s to fill in are in the 9s age group.
    I noticed Hamilton did the same thing on the weekend.
    I was at Hamilton's game this weekend and didn't notice this.
    Regardless, all good games from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.
    I'll save you the trouble of hearing the thoughts of others and just give you the facts.

The kid involved a few weeks ago is a 9 year old playing up in 10's (as he did last year).
    The NNSW guys were scouting players for the TSP squad and asked his coach if he could play a game with his own age to see if he was good enough for the program.
    Coach played him down in 9's for one game for the NNSW coaches to see him (they were there on the sidelines) and yes from what i saw he and the other kid they were scouting played really well. Parents were informed of what how and why this was happening.

The kid then went and played his normal 10's matches (he didnt play the 2nd 9's game).
    It happened to be against a team that were 'undefeated' or some such shit, and there was a bit of sooking on the sidelines about the kid influencing the 'result', and here again is the problem.
    This program is not about 'winning'. It is about identifying the best available talent in order to get the best players into the right program to hopefully make it in the game.
    Rather than be upset about an under 9's player playing in under 9's and doing well, maybe teams/clubs/coaches and parents need to think to themselves "oh, thats the level our players need to be (and exceed) in order to go further in the program".

Again, ID's have wins, they have tables, they have points and they have trophies. If winning is what matters, if staying undefeated is what matters, if celebrating yet another long ball runaway goal matters, then go play there. Its all set up for that type of thing.
    The SAP program aint about that, it just isnt.

Funny part is theres a U/9 kid playing in 10's at Jaffas that is better than all of them in my opinion. Wait til you see tis kid go round if he ever drops back to his own age. The cream of that grade has some serious potential.
    Last edited by plague; 30-07-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    If I had to make a call, I would lean the way of choosing your best 13 players for one team on the caveat that all clubs do the same. It would mean the kids are playing tougher competition each week but are surrounded by teammates they are confident in.
    yeah absolutely agree here.

Can see most clubs now going around to tap their better kids on the shoulders to reassure them of a spot next year. Once any doubt kicks in kids are gonna start club shopping to make sure they are in a spot somewhere. It will prob result in kids changing teams unnecessarily which isnt the best result for anyone.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

If one local player every five years from SAP manages to become a professional footballer / A-League standard I'd say that would be a great result.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents expectations are plain and simply ridiculous.

Hahaha clearly you have something to do with lambton then.... when you are dropping kids from the 10s back to the 9s which every team can do mind you but some coaches have dignity... to bench the kids that are part of the 9s so you can “show the tsp coaches how good they are” 😂😂😂 what a load of shit.... any team from the SAP can drop kids from the 10s that a still 9 and do the same but they don’t... and how do you know certain teams are undefeated?? Clearly you have dropped them back to get a win because without those players your team copped a hiding...

Some coaches need to learn to coach and not stack sides if it’s not about the results...

I know Olympic has about 3 kids that are 9 and can drop back and magic has 4 that can still play under 9s and as far as I’m aware Olympic only use those kids in emergencies when players are away or sick and magic don’t use them at all.... don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage... you stacked the side to beat the undefeated side you spoke of and that’s all there is too it.... by saying suck shit and allot of sooking just proves my point.... as a parent of one of the players, if that was my kid making way for the 10s kids I’d be blowing up... absolute disgrace from lambton

Hahaha clearly you have something to do with lambton then.... when you are dropping kids from the 10s back to the 9s which every team can do mind you but some coaches have dignity... to bench the kids that are part of the 9s so you can “show the tsp coaches how good they are” ������ what a load of shit.... any team from the SAP can drop kids from the 10s that a still 9 and do the same but they don’t... and how do you know certain teams are undefeated??
    ok we are sure getting into some territory here so ill try and understand what you're saying.

* The NNSW coaches asked the player to play down. Which bit of this dont you understand?
    * I actually agree that players that qualify for 9's should be playing 9's and so on, but this kid played up last year and got selected again in an open trial this year in a team above his age group. He played 'one game' because the next level of coaches above his own asked him to.
    * Teams can drop kids from 10's to 9's if they qualify in age. Sure, again, whats your point here? The kid in question is the only one in that entire squad that qualifies to do this. Again, theres kids in other teams that probably qualify too. Im not sure if they play down or not but if the TSP coaches asked them to then im sure they would.
    * i know the word undefeated was used because immediately after the game there were parents on one team commenting that it was the first game they had lost all year, and parents on the other team claiming they had beaten a previously undefeated side. I shook my head at all of them.

then after all that, we get to this:
    Clearly you have dropped them back to get a win because without those players your team copped a hiding...

Some coaches need to learn to coach and not stack sides if it’s not about the results...
    Im pretty sure i explained it in both posts. If you still cant accept it then thats on you.
    If the 'result' is a kid getting a chance at increased involvement at a higher level of football, then yeah sure, thats a good 'result'.

As for 'my team' copping a hiding?
    My kid isnt in any of the teams we are talking about. I know the kid involved, and i know a bunch of players and parents of the team involved. Again, i didnt hear any complaints from the parents when the kid played one game. If someone had any issues I hope they brought it up with the coaches. Then I hope the coaches explained why it happened. Regardless, I've seen the majority of that teams matches this year and id say that they are as good as anyone else in the program. if you think otherwise, then cool. if you base your opinion on results, then thats also cool.

Also, questioning coaches dignity? Dangerous territory there mate especially when you seem hell bent on believing your own version of events.
    Anyway ive explained what happened. Believe it of you want. Not sure what else you want from me.
    Seems like I am WRONG

don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage...
    geez mate, if you know him so well then go ask him.
    why do you need me to answer your questions? hes the one that was there too. sitting on a chair in between the fields watching the players.

go ask him, seriously. i think you need to.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Plague:
    or some such shit
    by saying suck shit
    ok, i see whats happening here.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Back to the splitting of teams and A and B stuff. What would happen if Hamilton and Magic played an A and B squad their A teams would flog everyone. Talking to some of the parents I know at Hamilton. They deliberately keep them even to spread the talent to keep 2 evenly matched teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Back to the splitting of teams and A and B stuff. What would happen if Hamilton and Magic played an A and B squad their A teams would flog everyone. Talking to some of the parents I know at Hamilton. They deliberately keep them even to spread the talent to keep 2 evenly matched teams.
    in 10's?
    Because i think both those clubs have 2 fairly distinct teams.
    If they had one merged team in 11s, my opinion only, but there would be 3 clubs i can think of that would give those two teams a good game every week.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I was at the ground and I seen Neil sitting in front of us and taking particular notice of the game we are referring to... but I also did notice that the same players didn’t take the field in the 2nd game and from scoring about 5-6 goals in the 1st game vs the undefeated side to scoring 0 in the 2nd with 2 less substitutes ... I noticed there was 3 substitutes in the 1st game and only 1 in the second game.... it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if lambton want to do that but I just think it’s not in the spirit of the game and other teams like Olympic and magic could do the same.... it’s hard to believe Niel has promoted that so he could see how the kid would go vs the undefeated magic side ..... The thing is a lot of these kids go to school with one another from different sides and know what’s going on even though they are only 9ys of age....

Anyway play on 🤷*♂️

I was at the ground and I seen Neil sitting in front of us and taking particular notice of the game we are referring to... but I also did notice that the same players didn’t take the field in the 2nd game and from scoring about 5-6 goals in the 1st game vs the undefeated side to scoring 0 in the 2nd with 2 less substitutes ... I noticed there was 3 substitutes in the 1st game and only 1 in the second game.... it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if lambton want to do that but I just think it’s not in the spirit of the game and other teams like Olympic and magic could do the same.... it’s hard to believe Niel has promoted that so he could see how the kid would go vs the undefeated magic side ..... The thing is a lot of these kids go to school with one another from different sides and know what’s going on even though they are only 9ys of age....

Anyway play on 🤷*♂️
    It was 1 kid from the 10's that played.
    The game he played was the first game on the saturday after Neil spoke to his coach on the thursday night at training.

I know it's hard for you to understand, and it may come as a shock, but it had nothing to do with your team. He was always playing the first game on the saturday because that was when Neil was there to watch him.it didn't matter if it was Magic, Jaffas or the local Church team. That kid was playing that one game then he was going to play his 2 normal under 10's matches.

You asked a question I gave you the facts. You've talked yourself into a cool conspiracy theory about stacking teams just to knock your team off. If you want to believe that then cool. I can't do any more for you. Again though, this had nothing to do with your team.

I noticed those 2 teams are due to square off again in a few weeks time. You think they are gonna play that kid again? I can tell you right now that he won't be playing.

Once again, instead of theorizing about it, go ask Neil. You say the kids know each other, then go ask the kid. Spouting your tin foil hat shit on here ain't helping you though.

Hahahah twist it anyway you want... I just hope you’re a parent and not a coach there because if clowns like you are involved in junior football god help our kids 🤦*♂️

Hahahah twist it anyway you want... I just hope you’re a parent and not a coach there because if clowns like you are involved in junior football god help our kids ��*♂️
    sick burn bro.
    starting to remind me of a goalie that used to hang around in AA/A a few years back, now a parent involved in SAP at one of the bigger clubs.
    we good though. Lets hope your next 6 posts help fix alien abductions and fake moon landings. Going to all that effort to register an account just to tell fibs on the internet is a fantastic start.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    I know Olympic has about 3 kids that are 9 and can drop back and magic has 4 that can still play under 9s and as far as I’m aware Olympic only use those kids in emergencies when players are away or sick and magic don’t use them at all.... don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage... you stacked the side to beat the undefeated side you spoke of and that’s all there is too it.... by saying suck shit and allot of sooking just proves my point.... as a parent of one of the players, if that was my kid making way for the 10s kids I’d be blowing up... absolute disgrace from lambton
    Wasnt Lambton. Maybe New Lambton. Cant even bash the right club. And if Magic was involved there'll be an outrage because its win at all cost anyway.

Players shouldnt be allowed to swap age groups at all. If some lad is a legend then he plays up all year regardless.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 30-07-2019 at 06:59 PM.

I did say new lambton in original comment so I do have the right club... if I was going to say lambton I’d say Jaffa’s so relax... but I’m glad you agree with my point on it 👍 sorry if you thought I meant Jaffa’s

Well........ That escalated quickly.
    That escalated quickly.jpg
    Last edited by Aegon; 31-07-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Players shouldnt be allowed to swap age groups at all. If some lad is a legend then he plays up all year regardless.
    yeah to be honest id rather see kids only play their age group (no 9's getting picked in 10's at the expense of a 10's player), but it is what it is at the moment, and we all know its an imperfect system.
    They keep stressing to us though that the whole point of the program is to get the very best kids in each age group and move them into TSP then onto Jets. If they do it by unconventional methods then so be it.

Anyway the kid in question is going to stay in 10's next year so they'll have to deal with him every week.

Does anyone know how Jobes lads went overseas last month? Heard they did really well last year but havent bumped into any of them yet.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wallsend FC U9’s SAP boys and girls trials.
    For players born 2011 & 2012 wanting to be part of our SAP teams Under 9’s.
    Trials are held at ‘The Gardens’ sporting complex, 104 Sandgate road, Birmingham Gardens on the following dates-
    Trial No.1: Under 9’s – Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm
    Trial No.2: Under 9’s - Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm
    If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Daniel Byatt at youth@wallsendfc.com.au

I’ll hopefully have a proper rego link up at some stage today, but feel free to fill in the below questions & send them in an mail to me in the meantime.

Fields marked with an * are required
    First Name *
    Last Name *
    FFA Number*
    Date of Birth *
    Address*
    City*
    Email *
    Phone *
    2019 Club and Division *
    Preferred Position*
    Parent/Guardians Name *

Aegon, can you please update the trial date post you made at the start of this thread? Cheers mate