Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    so still no clear direction on teams per club?one team released details they are going to one team each in 9,10,11 and 12 next year.they ran 2 teams in 10 and 11 this year im sure.
    And that would be?

It's a good thing if thats what keeps teams competitive.

so still no clear direction on teams per club?one team released details they are going to one team each in 9,10,11 and 12 next year.they ran 2 teams in 10 and 11 this year im sure.
    There is no clear direction from Northern. It still looks like it is being left up to clubs to choose whether they run 1 or 2 teams per age group.

I'd be interested to know if clubs running 1 or 2 teams per age group affects the SAP licence costs. I doubt it does, but do not know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    There is no clear direction from Northern. It still looks like it is being left up to clubs to choose whether they run 1 or 2 teams per age group.
    its been said already but for the life of me i dont understand why clubs dont have 2 teams all the way through so their 13's are made up of 15/16 kids from their own program that have been playing together for a few years.clubs going to one team in 11 and 12 then need to find more really good kids for their 13s anyway.i know some clubs are confident there will be a line up of good kids wanting to play for their club but other clubs have buckleys of attracting more talent.all the while the better run SAP programs have 2 good teams and have been adding kids in all the way along to strengthen.cant wait to see all the shocked faces when those same clubs dominate NPL youth and everyone wonders what the secret is.

its been said already but for the life of me i dont understand why clubs dont have 2 teams all the way through so their 13's are made up of 15/16 kids from their own program that have been playing together for a few years.clubs going to one team in 11 and 12 then need to find more really good kids for their 13s anyway.i know some clubs are confident there will be a line up of good kids wanting to play for their club but other clubs have buckleys of attracting more talent.all the while the better run SAP programs have 2 good teams and have been adding kids in all the way along to strengthen.cant wait to see all the shocked faces when those same clubs dominate NPL youth and everyone wonders what the secret is.
    You are spot on regarding the numbers. SAP should provide each club with a 13s squad. If it doesn't, it has failed in what I think is or should be, a KPI. SAP was supposed to help remove the problem of insufficent numbers feeding into NPL. If a club has only one team, where will they get the rest of the kids? (Rhetorical, as we all know what will happen).
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Mutual trades? Clubs trading players?
    "Jonny from your club has elected to trial and join our club. There wont be space for freddy, are you guys interested if his parents are keen?" Freddy maybe almost as good as the others and maybe a real good fit for the other club.

Does anyone know the format of U12 SAP next season? Will it be 9v9 On a half field? Will it be 9v9 on a modified full field such as Zone SAP does or will it be 11v11 full field?

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Emerging jets also announced to finish up, itll go one of 2 ways, 3 clubs will pickup each of the 3 girls squads and the remaining WPL clubs will be left to draw on the community players or the current SAP girls will all split up amongst the WPL teams and hope everyone can fill the remaining places. That being said from games I’ve seen over the past year there’s still plenty of talent girls in Community football
    Is there any news on the reasons why the EJ Girls have finished up? I assume financial but haven’t seen any news release.

I’m told current players have been told to seek out opportunities with clubs in either boys SAP or the new girls SAP. I doubt one club will get a whole team en masse - but for sure some clubs will take as many as they can.

Let’s see how well SAP girls teams fit into the already crowded training ground and matches schedules!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is there any news on the reasons why the EJ Girls have finished up? I assume financial but haven’t seen any news release.

I’m told current players have been told to seek out opportunities with clubs in either boys SAP or the new girls SAP. I doubt one club will get a whole team en masse - but for sure some clubs will take as many as they can.

Let’s see how well SAP girls teams fit into the already crowded training ground and matches schedules!

A
    i very much doubt its a driver but cancelling the girls emerging jets will help with numbers of players available for Club girls SAP in 2021 (if they choose to go that path over trying to slide into the Existing Boys teams)

Agreed no one club would manage to pick up an entire current Jets or Association SAP squad, but not to say some arent already working hard at building relationships, Daughters team had a session with Maitland NPL coaches on Monday and i believe they have a few more lined up in the coming weeks. with Most HV family's based around Cessnock i think a majority will go that direction out of convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Does anyone know the format of U12 SAP next season? Will it be 9v9 On a half field? Will it be 9v9 on a modified full field such as Zone SAP does or will it be 11v11 full field?
    Im guessing same as previous. U12 SAP in NSW metro use the 9v9 format and heard no mention of change yet. Is NNSW still operating?

field.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Heaps of talent in community girls, but not huge numbers. Watch teams in community struggle for numbers after players are cherry picked so these new clubs to the WPL with no connection to girls football can field their SAP teams.
    Very pleased to see Merewether given girls SAP licence. Fully deserved after all their efforts in the WPL.

A

Any word if all WPL clubs will run girls SAP?

its been said already but for the life of me i dont understand why clubs dont have 2 teams all the way through
    Potentially some clubs don't get enough players to trail or at least enough of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Any word if all WPL clubs will run girls SAP?
    Id say all will attempt to run teams in all age Groups, but unfortunately it maybe a numbers game.

So far we have only seen EOI from Adamstown, Merewether and New Lambton

I watched New Lambton v Jaffas games on the weekend.

I can't help but feel bad for New Lambton, they are obviously attracting some talented kids to their SAP program and are fielding very competitive teams in multiple age groups.

Their squads are probably stronger than 1/2 of the established NPL clubs.

However the problem lies in - how do they retain their players? Once the kids (or parents) start looking forward toward NPL Youth they'll start leaving to go to NPL clubs.

I'm really not sure, as a club, how you would plan for this turnover year on year until some sort of Pro/rel is re-introduced into NNSWF.

Can any of our New Lambton cohort say what is happening with SAP at the club next season? I was told of very exciting news about a fabulous coach getting involved with SAP there, but then also heard about an exodus of players and coaches.

But I'm not actually sure whether either is true!

A

Can any of our New Lambton cohort say what is happening with SAP at the club next season? I was told of very exciting news about a fabulous coach getting involved with SAP there, but then also heard about an exodus of players and coaches.

A
    all i know is that one innercity club will ultimately be the big winner out of all of this and its not NL.this is the email i read a while back but my good friend on this forum told me i dont know anything.anyway good luck to whoever is left standing over there next year but before tears are shed please understand this is all of the clubs doing.they will reap what they sow after the way they have treated people.from what i understand theres still some real good kids who dont have a club locked in next year so if you are after any hit them up.
    Last edited by sapdad; 14-09-2020 at 02:22 PM.

all i know is that one innercity club will ultimately be the big winner out of all of this and its not NL.this is the email i read a while back but my good friend on this forum told me i dont know anything.anyway good luck to whoever is left standing over there next year but before tears are shed please understand this is all of the clubs doing.they will reap what they sow after the way they have treated people.from what i understand theres still some real good kids who dont have a club locked in next year so if you are after any hit them up.
    Hi sapdad,

Can you explain the issues there? I certainly am not looking for names, but if there are major issues in the SAP space the foz seems a good place to unpack them if you are willing?

A

A
    Ive reliably heard of 2 leaving u10s. Now this isnt a big thing as it happens at all clubs. There is a player or 2 propping up teams that shouldnt be there which maybe causing some concern.

When my nephew trialed there being a local junior they already had one team completed and closed through parental cliques.
    Last edited by samcan; 14-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Hi sapdad,

Can you explain the issues there? I certainly am not looking for names, but if there are major issues in the SAP space the foz seems a good place to unpack them if you are willing?

A
    pretty sure there are NL coaches on here that could shed some more detail.not my club but i have ties there and dont wish to betray confidences.people ive met on the way out the door are all pointing the finger in the same direction though.

Sounds like a lot of rumour and gossip and shit stirring since people can't say exactly what is happening