Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Are NL going to be training at Speers Point this yr? I no yr TD is part of the Northern coaching set up. Interested to no how involved Northern will be with NL SAP training
    Are many clubs still training at Speers Point?

I know Magic were considering it this year but the parents didn't want a bar of it. Traffic in and out of there in the afternoons can be painful.

Banned
    Hi guys how are we?

Banned
    Ok so 1st time poster. Don’t yell at me if I’m doing this wrong but this page was brought to my attention by one of the fathers at our club. Seems my club is copping a bit of unwarranted abuse on here from that YewYew fella and others. I’m happy to answer any questions you guys have about our boys as long as we do it like adults and not carry on like some of the guys on here.
    I’d like to know who I’m speaking with but and not fake names as I’ve put my name to the post so fire away guys.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ok so 1st time poster. Don’t yell at me if I’m doing this wrong but this page was brought to my attention by one of the fathers at our club. Seems my club is copping a bit of unwarranted abuse on here from that YewYew fella and others. I’m happy to answer any questions you guys have about our boys as long as we do it like adults and not carry on like some of the guys on here.
    I’d like to know who I’m speaking with but and not fake names as I’ve put my name to the post so fire away guys.
    Welcome to the forum John, it might help if you indicate which club you are from. I'm not sure about what abuse you are referring to?

Banned
    I’m the coach at magic 10s SAP, the one yew yew keeps referring to. Seems like my team gets spoken a lot about in this forum from what I was told and now spent the morning reading. Apparently I’m all about winning, I don’t rotate players and so on. Every single one of my kids has played every position on the park and they all get the same amount of game time on the park. I also have a TD who monitors this. I do have a lot of talented kids in my side which I didn’t just go and poach from other clubs but have had 80% of them since under 6/7s. We don’t keep ladders and scores but I can’t stop the kids from keeping count during games. All this talk about only care about winning is a bit rich, I’ve never dropped kids from older teams when I’ve been short and never will and I’ve seen this happen at other clubs. I don’t think because I have some talented boys that I deserve some of the criticism myself and my team have copped in a few comments.
    I’m doing my best to get these kids playing to a level that can hopefully get them noticed for the jets or any higher level possible and for me that’s my main goal and not winning a game 8-5 or whatever it may be. That yew yew goes on about a game vs Valentine we played last year, I remember the game well as it was the day my dog passed away and yeah the boys got beat. Not because they can’t play different positions, but because of an outstanding display from the Valentine goalkeeper that day, they got the better of us and the boys learnt a valuable lesson from that loss about how you can have most of the ball but lose the game on counter attacks. I was happy with that game as they needed that as part of their development.
    I believe they learn more from loosing than winning at this age. Anyway I’m here now so feel free to ask me and I’ll be as honest as I can.
    Last edited by John S; 05-03-2020 at 12:45 PM.

I’m the coach at magic 10s SAP, the one yew yew keeps referring to. Seems like my team gets spoken a lot about in this forum from what I was told and now spent the morning reading.
    Regardless of which team you're with, you're doing something right. The 2 Magic 10's team were right up there with the strongest teams in the age group. Thanks for giving your time to help contributing to the kids development.

I've heard nothing but good stories so far about the new SAP TD there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Are many clubs still training at Speers Point?

I know Magic were considering it this year but the parents didn't want a bar of it. Traffic in and out of there in the afternoons can be painful.
    From what I know we weren't given the choice to train over there consistently - which I believe is a change from last year.

NLFC Premier Group has booked out some slots at LMRFF to help with Alder and Novocastrian conditioning - however my U9 team has yet to run a session there.
    We have 1 organised session with Northern supervision scheduled - with a coach debrief afterwards. I am unaware of any other formal interaction between Northern and NLFC in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    From what I know we weren't given the choice to train over there consistently - which I believe is a change from last year.

NLFC Premier Group has booked out some slots at LMRFF to help with Alder and Novocastrian conditioning - however my U9 team has yet to run a session there.
    We have 1 organised session with Northern supervision scheduled - with a coach debrief afterwards. I am unaware of any other formal interaction between Northern and NLFC in this respect.
    Do you know who from NNSWF is undertaking the sessions supervision and debrief?

I have been wondering who is NNSWF has been doing everything in the interim with Clayton & Leo moving on.

Banned
    Regardless of which team you're with, you're doing something right. The 2 Magic 10's team were right up there with the strongest teams in the age group. Thanks for giving your time to help contributing to the kids development.

I've heard nothing but good stories so far about the new SAP TD there as well.
    Ok I’ve worked out how to reply to specific comments now I’m all good lol... sorry about the edit on last comment.
    Cheers mate
    I don’t think some parents realise the time we put in to coach these kids... it’s not just the Tuesday Thursday and game on weekend. We don’t do it for the money trust me. It’s very draining and time consuming and if yew yew thinks he can do a better job he’s more than welcome to come down and run one of my sessions 👍

Do you know who from NNSWF is undertaking the sessions supervision and debrief?

I have been wondering who is NNSWF has been doing everything in the interim with Clayton & Leo moving on.
    Nope, sorry. Internal communications just mention "NNSWF’s Technical Advisors"

If I find out I'll let you know

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    100% agree. I saw a lot of SAP last yr & some of the “big” clubs definitly had kids only playing one position. 1 Jaffas team had a boy up front all yr & there other had a boy as full back all yr. don’t get me wrong they were good players but u ain’t learning the game that way.

magic as well. I saw there 9s last yr a bit & one game there ‘A’ team got the runaround from Valo cos Valo players know different positions but magic kids only no 1 position. I ain’t bagging magic cos they got good kids but it look like they just looking to win. I’d like to no from coach Ya Ya whether he ever moves his kids about???
    We don’t have an “A” team they are both even, and I’m the coach not yaa yaa... who may you be? Or you going to just tell little lies behind fake names? What do they call them? Keyboard warriors? Let’s be grown ups here shall we? I’ll start..
    My name is John and I coach magic SAP, nice to meet you YEW YEW, vent all you like at me but can I ask whom I’m speaking to as you seem to think you know a lot about me and my team.
    Last edited by John S; 05-03-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Long time reader, first time commenting.

This is our first year for our young one being involved in the SAP program through one of the association run girls programs, in past years how have SAP teams being mainly Male driven found the involvement of the Girls within the program? Has it been a positive experience for the teams or seen as more step backwards in compete each play for the boys?

From what I know of the club SAP program it was originally ran by the associations and now almost fully transferred over to Clubs only? Is this something people can see with the current growth of female participation that there will also be a transition of the girls into a WPL club run program in the near future?

I would like to continue the discussion on the moving player position as I believe that rotating players can be detrimental to their development.

Firstly rotating every week and every game. How is a 9-11 year old going to comprehend the differences and success between playing CB and RW where one requires a better passing range and more p[positional discipline than the other which would require dribbling, RWTB and 1v1. This would be confusing and slow the players learning. While I am not advocating 1 player in 1 position forever I do think that playing a player in a position for 3 weeks (example), giving them tasks and challenges for that position and the move them and explain the similarities and differences between the old position and new.

Secondly we constantly draw attention to never producing world class players and I don't know 100% for sure but i would suggest the following players had very little movement around the pitch Rooney, Mbappe, Ronaldo and I am pretty sure Firmino never practised his tricks at CB. So what is the answer creating all round players who are good a lot of different things or creating a great player who great at one thing, take music how many times did Slash play the piano?

We don’t have an “A” team they are both even, and I’m the coach not yaa yaa... who may you be? Or you going to just tell little lies behind fake names? What do they call them? Keyboard warriors? Let’s be grown ups here shall we? I’ll start..
    My name is John and I coach magic SAP, nice to meet you YEW YEW, vent all you like at me but can I ask whom I’m speaking to as you seem to think you know a lot about me and my team.
    Imagine if yew yew was Truey 😂😂

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Imagine if yew yew was Truey 😂😂
    Hahaha you have been reading my Facebook 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    I would like to continue the discussion on the moving player position as I believe that rotating players can be detrimental to their development.

Firstly rotating every week and every game. How is a 9-11 year old going to comprehend the differences and success between playing CB and RW where one requires a better passing range and more p[positional discipline than the other which would require dribbling, RWTB and 1v1. This would be confusing and slow the players learning. While I am not advocating 1 player in 1 position forever I do think that playing a player in a position for 3 weeks (example), giving them tasks and challenges for that position and the move them and explain the similarities and differences between the old position and new.

Secondly we constantly draw attention to never producing world class players and I don't know 100% for sure but i would suggest the following players had very little movement around the pitch Rooney, Mbappe, Ronaldo and I am pretty sure Firmino never practised his tricks at CB. So what is the answer creating all round players who are good a lot of different things or creating a great player who great at one thing, take music how many times did Slash play the piano?
    A lot of Goalkeepers started out as strikers.
    A lot of great guitarists started out as drummers.

Does anyone know where Boogs played as a kid ? He's got a few traits that suggest he might have scored a few goals as a youngster.

Hahaha you have been reading my Facebook 😂😂
    West brom fan here mate, don’t get caught up with this site, it’s garbage

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post

Good points BigCheese.
    I can only speak for our team, and specifically in the U9 age group. I would imagine that in the next few years during the Skill Acquisition Phase they will head towards more targeted positions.

It is my/our first year of SAP and our method is a work in progress; however by having 3 weeks in a row of playing in a defensive position - either L/C/R defender - and practicing the positioning/disciplines of a defensive position during training at least 3 out of the 6 sessions in that 3 week period we're _hoping_ that this allow them to develop that side of their game.
    Of course, the next 3 games/6 training sessions are going to be L/C/R attack, and then one whole game in goals to round it out.

My oldest son (U12 this season) played in a dedicated forward role through last season which had been identified as his strongest position the previous year in U10s. So I'd suggest there's still time to dedicate to specific position training before they hit NEWFM/NPL age.

It would be very interesting to know the development pathways of the players you mention (as well as others) - I can only assume, in unjustified optimism, that the FFA found during research that multi-positions in the SAP Phase was practised elsewhere and thus was worth including in the curriculum.... ha!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    West brom fan here mate, don’t get caught up with this site, it’s garbage
    Ah yes 😜. Mate I just got sick of hearing about this page and people talking about me and the boys. So had to see for myself and if they would come out and stop hiding behind fake names. I’m approachable and if they think they know more and can do a better job name yourself and let’s see 🤷*♂️
    I need a new assistant as the last one has work commitments and can’t help me anymore.

Nice to meet ya John. Im Bill and I dont coach anyone any more. Used to do a bit at Argenton but work got in the way. I aint hiding behind nothing - everry1 on here is the same. Only this week people been naming themself!!

I dont you know but I seen yr team play & they r very good. I just asked a question about positions. I been backing magic on here for months until yr mate Ya Ya started up. I got kids who play and no how much work u coaches do. As I say i did it myself. We all on here to talk about the game so we sweet. I'll be yr assistant if you want. Yr mates Truey and Ya Ya can can assist me. LOL