Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    The reason for leaving a club should be rep football. That is Newcastle, Lac Mac, HV for training and tournaments etc or Jets.
    ill respectfully disagree in that kids should change to get the best coaching.at that age the difference between a coach who can read the curriculum vs a coach that can explain the curriculum and add the extras is massive.especially how expensive it is.i think you'll find that some of the issues with kids leaving clubs has more to do with coaching than any sort of desire to wear a different badge.everyone is saying kids left NL to chase NPL spots but hasnt there been an exodus at Jaffas in the same age group?we cant pass that off as lack of ambition for NPL can we.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    ill respectfully disagree in that kids should change to get the best coaching.at that age the difference between a coach who can read the curriculum vs a coach that can explain the curriculum and add the extras is massive.especially how expensive it is.i think you'll find that some of the issues with kids leaving clubs has more to do with coaching than any sort of desire to wear a different badge.everyone is saying kids left NL to chase NPL spots but hasnt there been an exodus at Jaffas in the same age group?we cant pass that off as lack of ambition for NPL can we.
    Disagree.

So you wouldnt want kids to step up to a higher level? Not sure where that craziness ever came from. If done right, the 3 local rep system was great. The current SAP system is far too diluted.
    No exodus from jaffas. Couple of the 11s didnt want to play for the new team so moved on. Couple wanted to be at the "biggest" club so Jets will look at them more closely. Same old pecking order different year.
    Very different to New Lambton where some coaching and selection drove parents and kids out.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Disagree.

So you wouldnt want kids to step up to a higher level? Not sure where that craziness ever came from. If done right, the 3 local rep system was great. The current SAP system is far too diluted.
    No exodus from jaffas. Couple of the 11s didnt want to play for the new team so moved on. Couple wanted to be at the "biggest" club so Jets will look at them more closely. Same old pecking order different year.
    Very different to New Lambton where some coaching and selection drove parents and kids out.
    i can see your point, i just think that at that age (9-12) they need the best coaching,not the best club.I think its been shown in other threads that more kids make A-League from NPL route than the Jets youth anyway (could be wrong sorry if its not factual).So being at a level to play NPL youth from 13's is all SAP should be doing.agree its too diluted but its 9-12 year old kids they need time. Parents out there club hopping from age 9 to get their kids a better opportunity when they were already at a good club always baffled me.Same as i dont see why parents and kids think Jaffas arent as big a club as magic or olympic.Edgeworth are the current dominant NPL side id consider them the 'biggest club' anyway.imho there are no Man United or Madrid scouts watching SAP games,the kids just need to learn and apply themselves and get ready for NPL 13's.From there i understand it goes to another level, and it should.

and just to be clear i wasnt around for the old system so i cant sit here and say it wasnt better.i just know what SAP was sold on and i think its doing that.you only need to talk to any of the ex high level players that have kids in the program or are involved in coaching and all will tell you this is way more technical development than they had a the same age so its definitely got its positives.

Banned
    i can see your point, i just think that at that age (9-12) they need the best coaching,not the best club.I think its been shown in other threads that more kids make A-League from NPL route than the Jets youth anyway (could be wrong sorry if its not factual).So being at a level to play NPL youth from 13's is all SAP should be doing.agree its too diluted but its 9-12 year old kids they need time. Parents out there club hopping from age 9 to get their kids a better opportunity when they were already at a good club always baffled me.Same as i dont see why parents and kids think Jaffas arent as big a club as magic or olympic.Edgeworth are the current dominant NPL side id consider them the 'biggest club' anyway.imho there are no Man United or Madrid scouts watching SAP games,the kids just need to learn and apply themselves and get ready for NPL 13's.From there i understand it goes to another level, and it should.
    Edgeworth? 🤣 why because their 1st grade has been winning? How does the rest of the teams measure up from SAP up to 20s? I think Olympic and Magic are way ahead of Edgeworth when it comes to “biggest” club as a whole. Edgeworth have a great 1st grade no doubt but that’s it.

Anyone heard or can confirm this rumour that SAP will only be a 16 round competition next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Anyone heard or can confirm this rumour that SAP will only be a 16 round competition next year?
    I think a couple of pages ago there was a post, saying something about fast 5's at the start then they will rank them, they play x number of rounds then rank them again?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That would be a farce so it's probably true. Lazy nnsw cant be bothered running anything

scores today
    U13s Broadmeadow 5-0 Olympic
    U14s Broadmeadow 3-0 Edgeworth
    U16s Jaffas 1-1 on penalties v North Coast
    U15s 1-1 half time Jaffas v NOFC didnt see full time
    Last edited by Jim; 14-11-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Edgeworth? 🤣 why because their 1st grade has been winning? How does the rest of the teams measure up from SAP up to 20s? I think Olympic and Magic are way ahead of Edgeworth when it comes to “biggest” club as a whole. Edgeworth have a great 1st grade no doubt but that’s it.
    no, what im saying is that a certain generation was brought up thinking Rosebuds were the 'best' club, then a generation thought it was magic and olympic.now its not a silly suggestion to think a bunch of 9,10 11 year olds aspire to play 1st grade for Jaffas,Maitland and Edgy based on their success over the past few years.thats all im saying.

Edgeworth? �� why because their 1st grade has been winning? How does the rest of the teams measure up from SAP up to 20s? I think Olympic and Magic are way ahead of Edgeworth when it comes to “biggest” club as a whole. Edgeworth have a great 1st grade no doubt but that’s it.
    and i do apologise i meant to say Edgeworth can be considered one of the 'biggest' clubs.not THE biggest.thats my mistake.

no, what im saying is that a certain generation was brought up thinking Rosebuds were the 'best' club, then a generation thought it was magic and olympic.now its not a silly suggestion to think a bunch of 9,10 11 year olds aspire to play 1st grade for Jaffas,Maitland and Edgy based on their success over the past few years.thats all im saying.
    He always get upset when someone mentions that Tragic might not be the best. Dont have to apologise.

Edgy are a strong club right through but it isnt the desired "destination" club for juniors or youth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    He always get upset when someone mentions that Tragic might not be the best. Dont have to apologise.

Edgy are a strong club right through but it isnt the desired "destination" club for juniors or youth.
    You know what’s tragic, your knowledge of local football and even football in general. Best you get back into your caravan Jimbo.

You know what’s tragic, your knowledge of local football and even football in general. Best you get back into your caravan Jimbo.
    I think that comment reflects more on you than me. I'm not going there its too Tragic. Take note Sapdad and ignore

I think that comment reflects more on you than me. I'm not going there its too Tragic. Take note Sapdad and ignore
    Indeed Yaayaa has the right name because whenever he opens his mouth you just say Yaa yaa, ignore him and move on.

Banned
    Ignore them mate. Their immaturity sums up their club quite well.

I see the red and yellow vermin are back spreading their vile Magic culture. Results does not make a club or fix the toxic culture. Jog on nobodies.

Look at North Coasts quality skills, organisation and development. Mid coast in the 13s are ahead of the game. Even olympic still rely on the long ball switch or 2 hard fast strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    I see the red and yellow vermin are back spreading their vile Magic culture. Results does not make a club or fix the toxic culture. Jog on nobodies.

Look at North Coasts quality skills, organisation and development. Mid coast in the 13s are ahead of the game. Even olympic still rely on the long ball switch or 2 hard fast strikers.
    Ignore the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Ignore the trolls
    This thread is a joke isn't it?

Half the people are okay to talk football, the other are a bunch of half-wits that only want to stir trouble or slag off kids & coaches that are doing their best.

Banned
    I think the 9 a side 12s will feel a little crowded on the less than half of field. Need more space before hitting full field next year.

And this fast 5s at start of season is just an advert for Northern