Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Anyone heard any info about formats for next year yet? We're almost sure it's going to be 1 game instead of 2.
    Heard the exact same details. No confirmation yet though.

I was told it’s 1 60min game next season.

we were told its all but confirmed but NNSW still hasnt confirmed it.
    which sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Some SAP fings I was told this week -

- Wallsend u9s selected 3 goalkeepers for there one team. One kid 7 yrs. Coach also a keeper

- Magic gonna train at Speers Point 2 times a week. Parents gonna be pissed

- Jaffas gonna run there own tsp for good kids who don’t make real tsp

- Cookers and Olympic v strict on ages - only 9 yrs kids can play in u9s. Magic / Edgy have lot of 8yrs kids in there new u9s

- New field at Speers Point now in but no line marking for sap. Kids still gonna have to use pizzas for area. Northern happy to take sap money but refuse to give kids proper pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    - Jaffas gonna run there own tsp for good kids who don’t make real tsp

- New field at Speers Point now in but no line marking for sap. Kids still gonna have to use pizzas for area. Northern happy to take sap money but refuse to give kids proper pitch.
    Can confirm the first. In SAP it is selective - no idea on numbers. In NPL Yth they are doing the same but all players will be welcome.

Not surprised at the second. The single most disappointing thing about SAP IMO is NNSWF lack of attention and support for it.

New field at Speers Point now in but no line marking for sap.
    Yes, I saw the new pitch last week and it’s lined out for a full size pitch. I hadn’t thought about it until now, but you are right - it would be very easy to put in penalty boxes in each half and make it much clearer for SAP games. Considering they’ll be lots more games with 9-11 SAP this year - plus more SAP training on those fields - it would make a lot of sense. I wonder if NNSW have even considered this??

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Can confirm the first. In SAP it is selective - no idea on numbers.
    i dont understand this. so the one team of 11's they have is gonna get sliced again so the bestest of the bestest get more training?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i dont understand this. so the one team of 11's they have is gonna get sliced again so the bestest of the bestest get more training?
    With only one team chances are theyll all get a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    With only one team chances are theyll all get a ticket
    You’d have to guess some of that team are already in the TSP so I think you’re right that the rest will be invited along. But if you don’t get invited, you can probably take that as a message that more is expected of you.

Are parents of kids in 10/11 SAP being told they need to buy kids new kits again this year???? hearing some clubs now got sponsorship for training kits but instead of using that $$$ to lower fees or pay for kits parents having to pay for it

If fees are reduced, who pays for the ridiculous payments some of these first grade players are receiving?
    It is crazy what players are being paid in a competition that is at best NPL4 in Sydney.
    How many NPL clubs actually embody their SAP players in their Club? Or are they just a necessary part of being an NPL Club and an additional revenue stream?

Are parents of kids in 10/11 SAP being told they need to buy kids new kits again this year???? hearing some clubs now got sponsorship for training kits but instead of using that $$$ to lower fees or pay for kits parents having to pay for it
    All our kit is included in the SAP fee and has been since day 1.

New kit has been required every year due to
    A) New players joining the squad every year.
    B) Our kids growing out of their existing kit. Plague Jnrs stuff from last year hardly fits now and def won't get him through til September 2020.

Our club trains in their playing kit so as not to need 'extra' expense on more stuff.
    Extra washing to do but that's kind of a first world problem.

Our club trains in their playing kit so as not to need 'extra' expense on more stuff.
    Extra washing to do but that's kind of a first world problem.
    Are the kids allowed to wear the strip of teams or countries they support to training? I had Wolverhampton, England Home / Away, and Man U - today kids would have much better access to these things and I'd guess they'd be a lot more affordable now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Are the kids allowed to wear the strip of teams or countries they support to training?
    No.
    SAP kit is required to train in.
    There is actually an emphasis on player presentation be it uniform, combed hair, shoelaces, punctuality etc as these players need to learn about self respect and being ambassadors for their clubs.
    It's a small thing but i think its a good thing to develop their attitudes as well as their footballing skills.

No.
    There is actually an emphasis on player presentation be it uniform, combed hair, shoelaces, punctuality etc as these players need to learn about self respect and being ambassadors for their clubs.
    It's a small thing but i think its a good thing to develop their attitudes as well as their footballing skills.
    You don't fear that it will sap the creativity out of them ? Or is that something to be addressed later on when they are older ?
    I guess the modern style of play is about everyone being on the same page - so it makes sense to have a robotic approach.
    This is the case in most team sports now - certainly all football codes - it's rarely about individuals or improvising.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-12-2019 at 12:08 PM.

No.
    100% AGREE. They should be proud to represent the club they are playing for. This as you says means looking respectable, turning up on time with a good attitude, drink bottle filled and a healthy snack. When they turn up on game day it should be in a training kit, tracksuit then get changed together as a group into the playing strip so they know the difference between training and games, help them mentally switch on and know whats expected from the club by wearing the shirt. This is also about teaching them life skills turning up to work on time with a good attitude, part of team etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You don't fear that it will sap the creativity out of them ? Or is that something to be addressed later on when they are older ?
    I guess the modern style of play is about everyone being on the same page - so it makes sense to have a robotic approach.
    This is the case in most team sports now - certainly all football codes - it's rarely about individuals or improvising.
    nah, the uniform stuff is just about setting standards. all kids need to have that shit drummed into them at one stage in their lives.

on field its a different story. our coach absolutely encourages the kids to be themselves, he wants their personalities to shine, and to express themselves on their field with their skills. our kids do pretty much zero 'team' setup. he wants them to think what they should do with the ball and where they should be without the ball. the best coaches in the program actually say very little during the games because they trust the kids to figure it out, and theres no value in yelling at the if they do something 'wrong'.

there are def kids in the program who look like they hate being there and who look scared they will be hit with a tyre iron if they do something wrong. however talented these kids are i doubt they will ever stick with it as it just looks like a miserable existence.
    Seems like I am WRONG

combed hair.
    Combed hair??? Who the hell gets to tell a kid about there hair in a soccer club?? It ain’t the army!

All the other stuff is cool, but combed hair is to far. Balotelli wouldn’t have lasted

there are def kids in the program who look like they hate being there and who look scared they will be hit with a tyre iron if they do something wrong. however talented these kids are i doubt they will ever stick with it as it just looks like a miserable existence.
    I’ve def seen this to. Some of these kids are being coached by there dad to and don’t look like they wanna be there. I feel bad for some of these kids. They’d prob be happy playing community but there dad’s want them doing SAP. The pressure kills the fun

I’ve def seen this to. Some of these kids are being coached by there dad to and don’t look like they wanna be there. I feel bad for some of these kids. They’d prob be happy playing community but there dad’s want them doing SAP. The pressure kills the fun
    exactly, they'd be 10x better players and have 10x more fun without the pressure.

as for the hair, its just about the details of being your best wearing the badge of your club. again, its not really about hair, but about just maintaining a standard.

to be fair though, and im not sure you have a kid around this age, but Plague Jnr and everyone he hangs with are all about that look.
    little man wont sit down at the breakfast table without being as fresh as he can get.
    not sure where he got it from cause that aint my thing. come to think of it our milkman is always dressed nicely................
    Seems like I am WRONG