Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Of course it happened mate. It was just after Harry Kane got that late winner for Weston Workers. The Magic coaches were furious because from their view (on the opposite side of the pitch) Harry Kewell was well offside. Thankfully, Sepp Blatter was there to issue everyone a red card, and we all went to the pub for a singalong. Amen.
    Listen to this pedo

Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post
    On a more constructive note, What are peoples views on SAP being Changed to 1 x 60min games with each half being 30mins. Next year. Memo from Northen.
    That’s quite the change. Is this from U9s upwards? My initial thoughts are that it’s a big change, particularly for 8 year olds coming in from community football.

Does this also mean teams won’t play each other as often? The draw will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Listen to this pedo
    You are too sharp and witty for me Traffic Light. I submit.

On a more constructive note, What are peoples views on SAP being Changed to 1 x 60min games with each half being 30mins. Next year. Memo from Northen.
    I agree with Londonboy, My son will be starting U9 SAP next year and it will be a big jump for him coming from community to now play 60min. I guess the question is, what's the benefit?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    It happened and you 2 muppets obviously werent there. So before you try to protect Tragic and the win at all costs disgrace that the club is best check your facts starting with the U9s coaches.

Best you 2 idiots leave before other people start believing your lies.
    Hahahhah get off the glass barbie traffic light... you seem to have a malfunction and flashing yellow.

Banned
    Is this a mandate or is it to be reviewed and voted on?

And the above is ridiculous. Yes 1 Broadmeadow coach was sent for coaching on both sides of field and over zealous actions. Not sure why they'd bother. Only junior footy.

Hadn’t seen anything along these lines yet.

Hard to know what to make of it without more detail about the competition behind it. It could be good it could be bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Hadn’t seen anything along these lines yet.

Hard to know what to make of it without more detail about the competition behind it. It could be good it could be bad.
    Cuts out the hour wait in between games which is good. Less game time all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Cuts out the hour wait in between games which is good. Less game time all up.
    Less matches is the issue for me. Based on this season I’m guessing it will go from 44 scheduled matches (2 games over 22 weeks) to 22. While kids will be playing longer matches, the different experience they get in those 44 games helps their development.

It’s unlikely that NNSWF will split the draw from the start, so you may have half of those 22 games against weaker opposition. 30 min halves could also mean some very big scores, which isn’t good for anyone.

Perhaps NNSWF might use ‘results’ from this season for u10s and u11s and do the draw based on this? It will be complete guesswork for u9s as they’ll have no idea who are the strongest and weakest teams.

Elsewhere in the world kids this age play 50-60+ games a season, with clubs constantly looking for friendly matches and tournaments to give their kids more game development. If SAP cuts back to 22 games it’s a backward step in my opinion.

Hopefully clubs will recognise this and arrange lots of midweek friendlies or SAP gala days/weekends to make up the difference.

I'd say 1 x 60 min match is more of a logistics issue with there being another new age group to fit into the weekend.
    Hopefully they group teams that are equal level to play each other and they have no byes/mandated weeks off (esp for 11's).

Remember, this program is supposed to be about the training not just the games and with a few teams heading back out to the facility next season the emphasis might be back on the teaching/teachers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Less matches is the issue for me. Based on this season I’m guessing it will go from 44 scheduled matches (2 games over 22 weeks) to 22. While kids will be playing longer matches, the different experience they get in those 44 games helps their development.

It’s unlikely that NNSWF will split the draw from the start, so you may have half of those 22 games against weaker opposition. 30 min halves could also mean some very big scores, which isn’t good for anyone.

Perhaps NNSWF might use ‘results’ from this season for u10s and u11s and do the draw based on this? It will be complete guesswork for u9s as they’ll have no idea who are the strongest and weakest teams.

Elsewhere in the world kids this age play 50-60+ games a season, with clubs constantly looking for friendly matches and tournaments to give their kids more game development. If SAP cuts back to 22 games it’s a backward step in my opinion.

Hopefully clubs will recognise this and arrange lots of midweek friendlies or SAP gala days/weekends to make up the difference.
    Oh they know who the strong and weak teams are in both grades don’t worry.
    In the 9s grade there is 1 lambton team, 1 Olympic team, 2 magic teams, 1 valentine team, 1 lakes team and 1 Jaffa’s team.

And I was intrigued about this coach being sent off that you speak of so I asked around,
    For the record he wasn’t sent off at all, Richard Heartly had a whinge about it and looking for excuses because his boys were played off the park and was looking for someone to blame and decided to take it out on a coach for coaching on other side of field away from RH and his coaches.
    So is that not allowed in under 9s?? Does it matter what side of the pitch they coach from?
    Don’t get me wrong this page has some helpful things and that’s why I joined but when some of you get on here and start hammering coaches that let’s face it coach because they have a child playing and not because they make big bucks.
    These coaches are required to give their weekends up and get coaching certificates, plan sessions that are up to SAP standards,
    Train the kids twice a week, 2 games of a weekend and then cop shit from people on the sidelines and on forums.
    If any of you can do a better job then step up, if not shut up and let the coaches coach, end of the day it’s under 9s/10s and you’re not going to get GVE or Ernie merrick coaching your kids so stop being so petty over the smallest things.
    If coaches have a disagreement ok so what, if a coach gets asked to coach on other side again no biggie, let’s not be high school kids and gossip girls and blow it out of proportion and try talk about the important matters.
    This isn’t just aimed at you London boy but it’s your comment I was replying to for the start of the comment is all, more aimed at traffic light and Negative police.

Enjoy the sun ☀️ It’s a nice day out ✌🏿
    Last edited by Yaa Yaa; 04-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Banned
    Now I ask you parents what do you want from the program for your kids?
    Do you want fun? Do you want competition? Do you want development? Value for your rego cost?

Winning comes with development, if Australia keeps going the way they are going in football we are going to fall further behind the rest of the world. Just take a look overseas, or even better have a look at Australian teams at youth level. You know they keep scores and play for trophies overseas at this age group yeah?

Do you know what happens to kids around this age group that think they are a good side and then travel for tournaments overseas? They get embarrassed that’s what, because our mentality is different to theirs, we are happy to not hurt kids feelings by not keeping scores, we are happy to not have semi finals etc, we don’t have the winning mentality of overseas countries and we are falling behind.

Kids need to learn to win and lose, it’s part of life. When they grow up and go for a job will they get the job because they tried? Or will the person that performs best get the job?
    I for one don’t baby little billy after a loss, I tell him he wasn’t good enough and needs to work harder and be better, he’s not going to get a blue ribbon for trying because I don’t want to hurt his feelings.

In schools they try not to give ribbons at carnivals so kids feelings aren’t hurt, are we hurt from not winning back then dads?
    But they proceed to give out awards at assembly for English and math?
    So everyone’s a winner in sport but not in math and English, only the smart ones are winners hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Remember, this program is supposed to be about the training not just the games and with a few teams heading back out to the facility next season the emphasis might be back on the teaching/teachers.
    I don't agree with this part, the training is there to support the games. The games are where the boys put into practice what they are learning and are of the most benefit in their development.

[QUOTE=Yaa Yaa;229488]Now I ask you parents what do you want from the program for your kids?
    Do you want fun? Do you want competition? Do you want development? Value for your rego cost?

As a parent the program should be fun but that comes from talented coaching to provide that you either have that ability or not and unfortunately my son has some weeks cranky about training or bluntness of his coach but coaches are learning too here so I need to support them too and as mentioned before I have to stand up if I could do better. I have only seen one club who manage this and they have the best teams in U10s imo. I saw one of their boys get hurt the other week and their whole team checked on him and the coach had to shoo them away when they scored it was a group celebration and tbo they cop the least baggings in this forum.
    Competitiveness - I'm sick of hearing no winners or losers, the kids know and coaches play to the fact of what happened in game 1 each week. Unfortunately some kids have taken to bashing teams off the park in game 2 which I cannot confirm ids a child or coaching issue and wont go so I support 1 game next season or put some referees in there with some f**king accountability before someone gets seriously hurt for Christ sake we pay enough for the privalige of this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I don't agree with this part, the training is there to support the games. The games are where the boys put into practice what they are learning and are of the most benefit in their development.
    hey look man, i aint writing the songs im just singing from the hymm book the pastor gave me when i signed up.

i think a good question on how much winning 'should' matter is how kids that were picked in the TSP this year were somehow deemed not good enough for a spot in their club team for next year. how can you be picked out as one of the top few skill wise then somehow not get a run in a team?
    add to that the limited spots available in inner city teams for next year and these kids maybe wont even get a spot in the program?

its a weird one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

In 10's this year if they had a top 4 it would not be made up of the 4 teams that play the best football.
    if thats what you want to reward then ok.
    im happy to let the kids develop for another 2 seasons before they get cutthroat, who knows, by then the best football might get the best results.
    again, the kids know if they won or lost. the kids try to win every week.
    im happy for NNSW to not have it be the 'focus' of the program.

as for 'back in my day we had finals etc'.
    well guess what, we were crap at football back in those days too.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i think a good question on how much winning 'should' matter is how kids that were picked in the TSP this year were somehow deemed not good enough for a spot in their club team for next year. how can you be picked out as one of the top few skill wise then somehow not get a run in a team?
    add to that the limited spots available in inner city teams for next year and these kids maybe wont even get a spot in the program?

its a weird one.
    If you read back in this forum you will see many comments where coaches reiterated that in their opinion the best kids weren't actually picked for TSP coaches from multiple clubs said they weren't consulted at all and they only assumed it was a political exercise of some sort. Its going to happen as it did at our club for next season and it will with others. Welcome to Newcastle football for all you newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    If you read back in this forum you will see many comments where coaches reiterated that in their opinion the best kids weren't actually picked for TSP coaches from multiple clubs said they weren't consulted at all and they only assumed it was a political exercise of some sort. Its going to happen as it did at our club for next season and it will with others. Welcome to Newcastle football for all you newbies
    Haha fair point.

I donÂ’t talk scores with my daughter, sometimes her team matches the boys some times they donÂ’t, but what I do talk to my daughter about is her accountability for her game. Being a goalkeeper we focus on how she helped her team when in possession, her positioning, her attitude and focus. We talk a lot about the individual aspects of being a goal keeper and also he role in the team..

she is 11 and playing her first year as a full time keeper and being a keeper myself IÂ’m pretty straight up with her about her games, her mother and grandparents do the coddling so they balance it out.

The reason I donÂ’t speak scores with her is for the fact some times the boys are just that much better and they can run up a score where she couldnÂ’t do much about it as long as she is doing the basics right and putting herself in the right positions then thatÂ’s all I can ask, some she will save some she wonÂ’t. Nature of the position.

Example of this on Sunday south Cardiff put a few past her in the first half she was a bit down dejected which resulted in her not doing her job to 100% of her ability.. quick chat at half time with a few things pointed out she had a much better second half and second game for that matter.

As long as she is learning each week performing better then the week before and becoming more consistent. Then IÂ’m happy with what she is getting out of this SAP program.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Now I ask you parents what do you want from the program for your kids?

Winning comes with development, if Australia keeps going the way they are going in football we are going to fall further behind the rest of the world. Just take a look overseas, or even better have a look at Australian teams at youth level. You know they keep scores and play for trophies overseas at this age group yeah?

Do you know what happens to kids around this age group that think they are a good side and then travel for tournaments overseas? They get embarrassed thatÂ’s what, because our mentality is different to theirs, we are happy to not hurt kids feelings by not keeping scores, we are happy to not have semi finals etc, we donÂ’t have the winning mentality of overseas countries and we are falling behind.

Kids need to learn to win and lose, itÂ’s part of life. When they grow up and go for a job will they get the job because they tried? Or will the person that performs best get the job?
    I for one donÂ’t baby little billy after a loss, I tell him he wasnÂ’t good enough and needs to work harder and be better, heÂ’s not going to get a blue ribbon for trying because I donÂ’t want to hurt his feelings.

In schools they try not to give ribbons at carnivals so kids feelings arenÂ’t hurt, are we hurt from not winning back then dads?
    But they proceed to give out awards at assembly for English and math?
    So everyoneÂ’s a winner in sport but not in math and English, only the smart ones are winners hmmm

What a load of dribble this post is.

This is nothing more than a parent who wants to put their kid up on a pedestal at the youngest age possible for their own benefits.

Kids know who wins and who loses, you don't need a table or 'play for trophies' to make kids better footballers or to prevent Australia from falling further down the world rankings. Its parents like the Magic coach they have been discussing on this forum that are the reason why we can't have competition winners in this country at a young age. Too many parents make it about themselves rather than the kids, its unfortunate but a reality that isn't going to change.

Let your kids play as much as possible, encourage them and keep challenging them the rest will work its self out.