Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Supposedly three clubs are training in organised training sessions not necessarily at their own grounds. One club trained in full club training kit. Unbelievable not approved by council or northern an injury or heaven forbid a coved case and it brings it all undone for everyone and there will be no football.
    Not going to name, but a squad of 10 youth NPL were kicked off our grounds on the weekend.

They moved across the road to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    These guidelines are easy to manage for Miniroos-U10 community and up to U10 SAP but will need a little more organising for the older groups as they have more players. Ground space will be the biggest issue, but nothing that cannot be overcome. Training is to be non-contact for Stage 1, so there should be no issues in older groups needing a whole pitch for practice matches.
    Not easy to manage for mini-roos at all. 40 players on a pitch at a time means the mini-roo training takes a lot more time than usual. We will need to allocate 6hrs for mini-roos which cuts into how we manage the rest of the club.

Our U8 and U9 squads when you factor in coaches will all exceed 10 easily, so its not going to be a walk in the park at all to manage ground availability and scheduling.

Hardly surprising.
    The instruction from one club is - don’t train on our ground as we will get in trouble from Council - go and find another local ground.
    As a result there are community club facilities that everyday have NPL and WPL teams training in small groups on them - poor form.
    Wonder what would happen if clubs started to send their players to other Open council facilities Like Adamstown, Edden or darling at ovals.
    Seams reasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Hardly surprising.
    The instruction from one club is - don’t train on our ground as we will get in trouble from Council - go and find another local ground.
    As a result there are community club facilities that everyday have NPL and WPL teams training in small groups on them - poor form.
    Wonder what would happen if clubs started to send their players to other Open council facilities Like Adamstown, Edden or darling at ovals.
    Seams reasonable to me
    Unfortunately its not just a covid phenomenon. If its wet, they turn up, off season, they turn up.

To me, its more about those clubs preserving their grass at all cost and shitting on the clubs that actually bring the kids into the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Not going to name, but a squad of 10 youth NPL were kicked off our grounds on the weekend.

They moved across the road to the school.
    Just 10 kids rocking up or did it have the coach as well?

While I appreciate wanting to preserve the fields I always find it amusing when clubs kick off public users off a public field.

Wonder what would happen if clubs started to send their players to other Open council facilities Like Adamstown, Edden or darling at oval
    Seams reasonable to me
    Though Adamstown and Edden are locked up behind fences.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Just 10 kids rocking up or did it have the coach as well?

While I appreciate wanting to preserve the fields I always find it amusing when clubs kick off public users off a public field.
    Full kit, bow net goals, club branded balls/cones. Good enough for me. Person who turned up with the gear was young, but older than the rest. Coach, who knows, not from our club so I don't know the make up of the squad/coaching staff.

Hypothetically, say it was a group from a club training unofficially. Train at your own grounds. Don't train elsewhere. Its shear arrogance to avoid your own pitches and train elsewhere under the guise of them being "public pitches". We've had enquiries from the public asking why our teams are still training. They aren't.

Maybe we should be telling our teams to turn up in groups of 10 to the NPL/NL1 pitches and have a kick around while we cant train.

Never kicked public users off a pitch, but when its clearly a club squad, they can jog on or pay the fees everyone else pays to train.

Not easy to manage for mini-roos at all. 40 players on a pitch at a time means the mini-roo training takes a lot more time than usual. We will need to allocate 6hrs for mini-roos which cuts into how we manage the rest of the club.

Our U8 and U9 squads when you factor in coaches will all exceed 10 easily, so its not going to be a walk in the park at all to manage ground availability and scheduling.
    I hear what you are saying Sammy but it obviously this depends on how many Miniroos teams a club has. Ours is not as extensive as some others, and teams are currently allocated a 1/4 of a pitch for an hour at a time, so I see no major changes for us, other than some additional hygiene management (sanitiser available pre and post training). Totally appreciate this will be more of a challenge for some clubs than others.

Newcastle Football have asked clubs to circulate a questionnaire for parents to see if their kids play again and, if so, whether parents are willing to help out more. It will take a lot more volunteers to make community, SAP, youth work this year, and I suspect we see some teams not being able to go ahead, certainly in community football.

A

Hardly surprising.
    Seams reasonable to me
    Yes Barry I have heard of similar. The problem is a lack of clear communication on the issue - the Feds say you can have 10 people train together, FNSW release guidelines but say they are draft, Northern say nothing and everyone is waiting on the Office of Sport guidelines before committing fully. It makes administration completely impossible, I can tell you!

A

Full kit, bow net goals, club branded balls/cones. Good enough for me. Person who turned up with the gear was young, but older than the rest. Coach, who knows, not from our club so I don't know the make up of the squad/coaching staff.
    Fair enough sounds more organised than a few people in the area doing it.

Hypothetically, say it was a group from a club training unofficially. Train at your own grounds. Don't train elsewhere. Its shear arrogance to avoid your own pitches and train elsewhere under the guise of them being "public pitches". We've had enquiries from the public asking why our teams are still training. They aren't.
    Depends if some are locals or not. It's a public park and like it or not people can, will and our entitled to use it. If football was set up properly Newcastle, you would all have your main fields locked up.

We've had enquiries from the public asking why our teams are still training. They aren't.
    Which is the end of it

Maybe we should be telling our teams to turn up in groups of 10 to the NPL/NL1 pitches and have a kick around while we cant train.
    And so they can do so if they want. The local park near my place is an NPL ground I go use it when I need to. I take in mind the goal mouths when the ground is damp (as I would even if just used by an interdistrict club) but if they don't want me using it have it fenced off.

Never kicked public users off a pitch, but when its clearly a club squad, they can jog on or pay the fees everyone else pays to train.
    I've come across some club people trying to kick us off when it is only 4 of us having a kick around.

Yes Barry I have heard of similar. The problem is a lack of clear communication on the issue - the Feds say you can have 10 people train together, FNSW release guidelines but say they are draft, Northern say nothing and everyone is waiting on the Office of Sport guidelines before committing fully. It makes administration completely impossible, I can tell you!

A
    To make matters worse other associations already have their teams training again, even in states that have had high numbers

Any other clubs back training? Macquarie Football started back on Monday under restrictions, but was still good to finally see all the kids back out there training.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Any other clubs back training? Macquarie Football started back on Monday under restrictions, but was still good to finally see all the kids back out there training.
    Edgeworth, Kahibah and South Cardiff all have their SAP teams back

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Hi onlooker,

Our SAP teams were due to return this week but Newy Council are yet to sign off our risk assessment so we don't yet have permission to use the grounds. A couple of our youth teams have had sessions at Speers Point under an invite from Northern. I am told that the paperwork involved to ensure track and trace is annoying but is a small burden to get the kids out on the paddock.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Edgeworth, Kahibah and South Cardiff all have their SAP teams back
    Yes, Lake Macquarie Council have been much faster in opening up the grounds. Frustration is growing at Newy based clubs at NCC. The word incompetence is thrown around, but I suspect they are struggling with the guidelines like everyone else.

A

Hi onlooker,

Our SAP teams were due to return this week but Newy Council are yet to sign off our risk assessment so we don't yet have permission to use the grounds. A couple of our youth teams have had sessions at Speers Point under an invite from Northern. I am told that the paperwork involved to ensure track and trace is annoying but is a small burden to get the kids out on the paddock.

A
    I have heard that about a number of clubs in the Newcastle area being ready to go but not being allowed to use their fields.. yeah from what I saw on Monday it took a little bit to sort out but we had a meeting about it all the Friday before so we knew what to expect.. and from what I can tell that paperwork will be here for a while to come so as you said a small burden but worth it in the end..

Hi onlooker,

A
    Same with Jaffas, they had everything sorted to return to training at the start of last week. Only waiting on NCC go ahead. - Apparently they are not addressing each club individually but are sending out 1 directive to all which hasn't been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Morning everyone - My name is Steve and I'm this years NLFC U9 SAP Coach
    Hey Steve,

May I ask what the feeling is around NLFC at the moment? I heard the news that the club have pulled out of miniroos and I-D this year ( you mentioned having a son that plays I-D)

So SAP is going ahead? I feel for the club. Such a tough spot to manage 1100 kids at a time like this.

A

For anyone looking for an affordable July holiday clinic please read on:

Lambton Jaffas presents…
    The 2020 NOVACASTRIAN JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY FOOTBALL SKILLS CLINIC
    “Missed football? Get ready for the season”

Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th July
    The first week of the July school holidays

Times: 9.00am to 11.30am

Who for? Players born in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    u/8 u/9 u/10 u/11

Cost: $100 per player.

Where? Wallarah & Blackley Ovals (behind Lambton High School)

Other information:
    Players should wear a white or predominantly white T-shirt, club soccer shorts, socks, and boots.

Please bring a size 3 or 4 soccer ball if possible. Label all possessions.
    The clinic is designed help kids improve their skills.
    It is highly organised and conducted in a professional manner.

Skills Taught through circuit rotation:
    * Striking the ball – Shooting, Passing (short and long)
    * First touch- receiving the ball properly with movement
    * 1 v 1 – attack and defence
    * Running the ball – inside/ outside of foot

EARLY REGISTRATION STRONGLY ADVISED !
    DO NOT MISS OUT as PLACES FILL VERY QUICKLY
    How to register: Register and payment options. Go to:

https://form.jotform.co/41447738042859

For any enquiries: phone 0432066005 or email rhar@bigpond.net.au

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday 26th June, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    For anyone looking for an affordable July holiday clinic please read on:

Lambton Jaffas presents…
    The 2020 NOVACASTRIAN JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY FOOTBALL SKILLS CLINIC
    “Missed football? Get ready for the season”

Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th July
    The first week of the July school holidays

Times: 9.00am to 11.30am

Who for? Players born in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    u/8 u/9 u/10 u/11

Cost: $100 per player.

Where? Wallarah & Blackley Ovals (behind Lambton High School)

Other information:
    Players should wear a white or predominantly white T-shirt, club soccer shorts, socks, and boots.

Please bring a size 3 or 4 soccer ball if possible. Label all possessions.
    The clinic is designed help kids improve their skills.
    It is highly organised and conducted in a professional manner.

Skills Taught through circuit rotation:
    * Striking the ball – Shooting, Passing (short and long)
    * First touch- receiving the ball properly with movement
    * 1 v 1 – attack and defence
    * Running the ball – inside/ outside of foot

EARLY REGISTRATION STRONGLY ADVISED !
    DO NOT MISS OUT as PLACES FILL VERY QUICKLY
    How to register: Register and payment options. Go to:

https://form.jotform.co/41447738042859

For any enquiries: phone 0432066005 or email rhar@bigpond.net.au

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday 26th June, 2020
    Richard Hartley money making exercise like most private holiday clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Richard Hartley money making exercise like most private holiday clinics.
    Money making yet cheaper than any of the other 3 clinics that are currently advertised (Jobe’s, Clayton Zanes or Adam Hughes’s). My son went last year and thoroughly enjoyed himself.