Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,181 to 1,198 of 1198

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

  1. #1181
    Are the 12s SAP playing for points next year?

  2. #1182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    102
    Has been points table in U12 for some time so guess would remain next year.

  3. #1183
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Has been points table in U12 for some time so guess would remain next year.
    i understand the old SAP had tables etc but this will be the first year of 'new' SAP 12's.We were originally told no points/wins/trophies etc til NPL 13's but after reading the posts today who knows.in my humble opinion it will set the program back if we adopt that attitude too early.

  4. #1184
    No points U12s as I have heard

  5. #1185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    No points U12s as I have heard
    Yet ID's will play for points.... seems very odd.

  6. #1186
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yet ID's will play for points.... seems very odd.
    not odd at all in my opinion.SAP is supposed to be completely different to ID's.Its good to have 2 systems,plenty of ID kids will end up in NPL youth.if we had SAP run the same as ID's it would be pointless.reading back over the thread the argument for and against points/tables has merit on both sides.im glad that both options are available for parents and kids but feel my kid is better suited to SAP than IDs at this stage.

  7. #1187
    I believe it's public knowledge now that the "name" that was mentioned above that will be part of the SAP setup at NLFC is Clayton Zane.

    Good on him for getting (formally) involved, I think this is a good thing for SAP at NLFC.

  8. #1188
    Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I believe it's public knowledge now that the "name" that was mentioned above that will be part of the SAP setup at NLFC is Clayton Zane.

    Good on him for getting (formally) involved, I think this is a good thing for SAP at NLFC.
    Yep that's the "name" I heard too!!! Great to hear that the rumour mill occasionally gets something right!!

    Is it right that Clayton will be the SAP technical director?

    It must be very exciting for you coaches to have someone so experienced to lean on.

  9. #1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yet ID's will play for points.... seems very odd.
    It is different.

    With the comp split into 3 parts and a change of opponents throughout the season pts cant be fairly earned.

    I still remember winning an under 9s grand final. Good times.

  10. #1190
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yep that's the "name" I heard too!!! Great to hear that the rumour mill occasionally gets something right!!

    Is it right that Clayton will be the SAP technical director?

    It must be very exciting for you coaches to have someone so experienced to lean on.
    Absolutely Alan, very excited. It speaks to the extra structure around SAP I mentioned earlier in the thread. We will have regular coach-only sessions and session planning, mentoring etc.

    I believe his title is Head of High Performance

  11. #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Head of High Performance
    Great job title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might speak to our TD about changing my job title

    Does the role take in NEWFM Youth and WPL teams, or just SAP?

  12. #1192
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Great job title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might speak to our TD about changing my job title

    Does the role take in NEWFM Youth and WPL teams, or just SAP?
    Pretty sure it's just SAP (both genders)

  13. #1193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I believe it's public knowledge now that the "name" that was mentioned above that will be part of the SAP setup at NLFC is Clayton Zane.

    Good on him for getting (formally) involved, I think this is a good thing for SAP at NLFC.
    Very interesting. I know he has had involvement with NL in the past with coaching clinics, etc.
    It will be also be very interesting, watching whether he maintains his Broadmeadow Magic Football Academy association as well as his inZane football programs.

    That's a heavy workload.

  14. #1194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    With the comp split into 3 parts and a change of opponents throughout the season pts cant be fairly earned.
    Sorry I must have missed something - What's this about splitting the comp into 3 parts?

  15. #1195
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Sorry I must have missed something - What's this about splitting the comp into 3 parts?
    I could be wrong but I believe they are referring to the 2 "parts" of the proposed season mentioned above + pre-season games?

    NLFC are thinking of it like "3 parts" : 10 week preseason + 8-10 wk season part 1 + 8-10 wk season part 2

  16. #1196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe they are referring to the 2 "parts" of the proposed season mentioned above + pre-season games?

    NLFC are thinking of it like "3 parts" : 10 week preseason + 8-10 wk season part 1 + 8-10 wk season part 2
    That's a very different way at looking at it. The pre season timings vary a lot club by club.
    Magic, New Lambton & Edgeworth will resume training and potentially have trial games before christmas. This is what they did last year.
    Jaffa's will break completely until Week 2 of the school term (usually Early Feb).
    With Season start dates usually around the start of March some clubs are doing 4 weeks pre season. Other many more.

    I am concerned a little about the reduction in game time from the info you provided above.
    2018/2019 - 44 x 40 minute games
    2020 - 18 x 60 minute games (COVID reduced from 22)
    2021 - 16 (2x8rds) x 60minute games

    That in 2 years is almost a 50% reduction in playing time.

    That gives the kids less time on the field trying to put their training into practice.
    Also, part of justification for the high NNSWF costs for SAP was the amount of field time the kids would be consuming & regular training at the LMRFF.

    Considering how many teams do not train at the LMRFF at all and how much less time they will be on the field the NNSWF fee should be commensurately reduced.

    It is also significantly reducing the gap between SAP and miniroos/ID's methodology. I can see a lot of parents looking at this in the future and asking why they are paying $1000+ for SAP rather than $200-$250 with community football.
    Last edited by Aegon; 23-09-2020 at 01:23 PM.

  17. #1197
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4
    Completely agree!
    If a community team makes the finals, they could end up playing more minutes in a season than a SAP team!

  18. #1198
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    That in 2 years is almost a 50% reduction in playing time.

    That gives the kids less time on the field trying to put their training into practice.
    Also, part of justification for the high NNSWF costs for SAP was the amount of field time the kids would be consuming & regular training at the LMRFF.

    Considering how many teams do not train at the LMRFF at all and how much less time they will be on the field the NNSWF fee should be commensurately reduced.

    It is also significantly reducing the gap between SAP and miniroos/ID's methodology. I can see a lot of parents looking at this in the future and asking why they are paying $1000+ for SAP rather than $200-$250 with community football.
    Agree. Since the change its a NNSW farce. There are many community players that would walk into teams in the lower half of the comp so its not that elite.

    Combine this with next to not much extra game time. Its a NNSW football rort bordering on theft for rego costs. Note that many ex community coaches are coaching in SAP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •