Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I thought this was going to be an issue - but with the Jets Youth moving to Hunter Sports High I wonder if the LMRFF will have more ground availability to support the increased number of teams.
    Perhaps they will consider midweek matches, maybe for the older age groups? It might mean clubs having to move training days around, but could be workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    I don’t think I’ve seen many kids that play SAP at the moment have fathers that made it as footballers, so unless you are Robbie Middleby who’s son plays SAP locally zip it because you have done f&$k all in the game just like me, hence why I don’t go criticising my sons coach, or the opposing coach.
    So you're the guy who never comments on food at a restaurant, or your political leaders, or the fortunes of the Jets (well I guess Robbie Middleby is also very qualified there too). Funnliy i do see a lot of parents who are ex-NSL or NPL players. Its pretty funny seeing kids find out their teammates dad played top level football, its like they've just seen a dinosaur in the flesh for the first time.

Like it or not, parents are stakeholders. They are asked to pay a good amount of money and give up time to help support the program (fundraisers, ground duties, reffing, scheduling work around getting their kids to training and games). I agree with the point of not bagging techniques of the coaches, but apart from one or two on here no one is going after them. Old mate who wanted a go a the Magic coach on the 'wrong' sideline just wanted a go at that club. His gripe has nothing to do with SAP.
    (besides, ive seen multiple teams have coaches on both sides of the park, ive seen coaches videoing games, none of it has ever bothered anyone).

I agree with Aegon that most of the frustration has been with NNSW as far as scheduling/long term planning has been concerned.
    Again, i dont see too many people bagging individuals, or clubs (unless they had a pre-arranged bias) and i certainly dont see any on here screaming about how their little Johnny is gonna be the next Joel Griffiths and that your little Johnny isnt even good enough for the gypos.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Did Matt Ridenton make the top 5??
    He doesn't make top 5 at the jets

Exactly, and totally agree.

It’s because most of them are trying to live through their kids.
    I see it happen all the time and like I said previously, unless you think you can do a better job and step up then sit down and shut up.
    I don’t think I’ve seen many kids that play SAP at the moment have fathers that made it as footballers, so unless you are Robbie Middleby who’s son plays SAP locally zip it because you have done f&$k all in the game just like me, hence why I don’t go criticising my sons coach, or the opposing coach.
    You’re a spectator and there’s a reason why you’re behind the fence.

On that note it’s the last weekend of SAP and I for one am glad the break is coming, what will some of you obsessed dads do now in the off season without having a coach or club to bag because your poor son lost to a better team? Oh wait the kids are probably signed up for cricket or touch footy which I’m sure you can gossip about 🤦*♂️

✌🏿
    You are closest thing to the parent you've described above.

What idiot regards a parents playing days to their sons ability. No need to answer.

Ive seen fantastic talent from non playing dads. Its amazing. Can you get anything right

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You are closest thing to the parent you've described above.

What idiot regards a parents playing days to their sons ability. No need to answer.

Ive seen fantastic talent from non playing dads. Its amazing. Can you get anything right
    Well haven’t you misread the comment dumbo.
    Who’s comparing the parents playing days to sons ability idiot? I said unless the parents know more about football and coaching than the COACH sit down and shut up and don’t bag him.
    But carry on dumbo I mean Jimbo 🤦*♂️

http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php...ng-all-coaches

Weston have created a coaching academy, for all new or experienced coaches to gain experience under their TD and NPL coaches. It doesn’t seem to be exclusive to only coaches at Weston either.

Well haven’t you misread the comment dumbo.
    Who’s comparing the parents playing days to sons ability idiot? I said unless the parents know more about football and coaching than the COACH sit down and shut up and don’t bag him.
    But carry on dumbo I mean Jimbo ��*♂️
    Yes you did, "If parents arent Middleby shutup". Did you finish school?

What a great parent. Docs should pay you visit. You need mental help. As many on here have noticed you are a jerk. Leave already.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-09-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yes you did, "If parents arent Middleby shutup". Did you finish school?

What a great parent. Docs should pay you visit. You need mental help. As many on here have noticed you are a jerk. Leave already.
    Ohhhh come on Jimmy

Did you read the whole comment or just the words you could understand?

Maybe I’m still at school.

It’s not funny making jokes about mental illness, your nasty comment could make me very upset and I could hurt myself so don’t be a bully Jim, were you bullied at school Jim? I think you were Jim, but I’ll be your mate Jim, just don’t call me a jerk okay Jim.
    We good Jim? Are you still there Jim?

Can’t believe you want my kids taken off me because I said parents shouldn’t abuse coaches if they don’t have a football background, that’s a bit harsh Jim, I like my kids Jim and don’t want Doc’s to take them Jim. You’re a mean person Jim.
    Is Jim your real name? Or is it Jimmy?

Jimmy the joker 🃏

Boring.

Banned
    yaayaa cant handle being hated lol.

Banned
    more to do with poor planning and preparation from Northern. The draws were very late before the season and at the half way point. There are pointless weekends off the cater for other programs, a lack of oversight at speers point and not having the balls to step up and come up with a clear direction for consistent approaches to the program by the clubs. Too many decisions are left for individual clubs to determine themselves which results in clubs having balanced teams, A & B teams, 1 or 2 teams and not providing proper game leaders, etc, etc.
    And now a rumour, no evidence as yet as Northern wont let us know until the week before, that there may one game per week adds to the unkown.

Having a weak B squad is a revenue raiser

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    And now a rumour, no evidence as yet as Northern wont let us know until the week before, that there may one game per week adds to the unkown.

My boy will play at a club with only 1 SAP team next yr. u9. Who decides if a club has only 1 team? Why wouldn’t all clubs have 2 teams to get the revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post

One game per week? TBH as much as I think more games is better for the boys development, The gap between games is a bloody nightmare the quality of gameplay is nearly always worse from both teams in the 2nd game. Maybe 1x 60min game would be better? Who knows?

The thing I can’t wait to see is if northern change it to 1 game rather than 2 will they reduce their fees for less game time? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    My boy will play at a club with only 1 SAP team next yr. u9. Who decides if a club has only 1 team? Why wouldn’t all clubs have 2 teams to get the revenue?

Each club decides. Some clubs cant attract enough good players to field 2 teams. Other clubs field 2 teams with A & B squads which I think is rubbish and and obvious revenue raiser. I’d rather see a club with 1 decent team than 2 average ones or a terrible B squad.

To be completely honest. I think all clubs should have 1 team.

Each club decides. Some clubs cant attract enough good players to field 2 teams. Other clubs field 2 teams with A & B squads which I think is rubbish and and obvious revenue raiser. I’d rather see a club with 1 decent team than 2 average ones or a terrible B squad.

i think the issue here is that by U/13's, clubs need to have one squad of maybe 15-16 kids for NPL youth. If they go the next 2 years with one SAP squad of 9 or 10 kids, where do these extra players come from?
    if all inner city clubs do this you are going to be looking for maybe 50-60 kids to fill NPL squads and it will come from kids outside the SAP system. If SAP is supposed to be the premier program then only having half your NPL squad filled with SAP kids probably lowers the overall skill level of NPL.

as someone who saw the A and B squad thing happen this year, it was tough on the B kids. but in 2 years time (if they hang in there*) they should still have superior skills to other kids their age and should also be more qualified to play NPL.

the clubs that dont have an official A and B team prob arent gonna mix up their squads next year in the name of parity. they have kids that play well together and i agree they should stick together.

*have been told our club is retaining 95% of the kids from SAP this year. they want to see these kids improve, and resisted the temptation to go out and 'strengthen' the B team. i think the act of loyalty is awesome, and it may result in some further bad results next year. but by 13's, they'll have 20 kids with 3 or 4 years of SAP training to go forward with.

plenty of people know the Jaffas have only one team next year. so where do they think the rest of their 13's will come from when the time for more players is upon them?
    Last edited by plague; 07-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

One game per week? TBH as much as I think more games is better for the boys development, The gap between games is a bloody nightmare the quality of gameplay is nearly always worse from both teams in the 2nd game. Maybe 1x 60min game would be better? Who knows?

The thing I can’t wait to see is if northern change it to 1 game rather than 2 will they reduce their fees for less game time? I doubt it.
    1 x 60min game will be better for them anyway. agreed the break kills them. most weeks its one training run and 1 x competitive match anyway.
    do the draw, pit club against club, and let the team coaches decide which team plays which on the day.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

1 team would be good but if 2 competitive teams can be had then ok.

As i suggested earlier if 4 teams are together on hub day have 1 60 min game and have teams swap at half time.

24 rounds and less weekends off, only the middle of school hols. Washouts give a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    1 x 60min game will be better for them anyway. agreed the break kills them. most weeks its one training run and 1 x competitive match anyway.
    do the draw, pit club against club, and let the team coaches decide which team plays which on the day.
    I have just spent 15mins I won't get back reading the shite within these threads from dick parents espousing their views on Junior football. You will all look back at the comments in a couple of years after Little Johnny gets cut or becomes tired of it or probably once NNSW Football or Jets or whoever pulls the rug out from underneath you and feel rather embarrassed that you a) gave opinion on something devoid of knowledge or fact or....b) invested so much time to eventually kid your kid to an NPL club where he gets flicked at 18. Give them a ball, find a park and some like minded kids and let them play. Stop living your lives through your kids. Stop listening to Gospels from people like Richard Hartley or some other anonymous TD. The comments here are friggin hilarious.

Bit harsh (don’t know if plagues snippet was just the last comment or if you’re quoting him as an example), there is is some constructive conversation and a good portion of comments are aimed at what works well and what doesn’t.
    Parents are entitled to care and the general football community should care how these programs are operating and if they are working. Constant evolution and improvement is desired outcome in any setting and this is no different.
    The whole local forum is a place for like minded people to discuss things. As long as the comments are not defaming, personal vendettas from faceless keyboard warriors I don’t have a problem with what is being discussed. We can be talking about AA H grade or under 15s D grade or NPL First grade, whatever. If something isn’t of interest to you, don’t bother reading or commenting. But I think I speak for many when I say I don’t want to be reading 2+ keyboard warriors having personal attacks at each other or their clubs, take it to Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    I have just spent 15mins I won't get back reading the shite within these threads from dick parents espousing their views on Junior football. You will all look back at the comments in a couple of years after Little Johnny gets cut or becomes tired of it or probably once NNSW Football or Jets or whoever pulls the rug out from underneath you and feel rather embarrassed that you a) gave opinion on something devoid of knowledge or fact or....b) invested so much time to eventually kid your kid to an NPL club where he gets flicked at 18. Give them a ball, find a park and some like minded kids and let them play. Stop living your lives through your kids. Stop listening to Gospels from people like Richard Hartley or some other anonymous TD. The comments here are friggin hilarious.

If you do your home work you'll see that "people like Richard Hartley" had a major hand in the early junior and youth development of Ben Kantarovski, James Virgili, Jacob Pepper and Jason Hoffman.