Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Richard Hartley money making exercise like most private holiday clinics.
    Love him or hate him, he is a good coach.

As this is a Jaffas activity I dare say the money goes to the club from which Hartley and any other coaches get paid. A bit harsh to say this is a Richard Hartley money making exercise simply because he is running it. Olympic, Southy etc have all done these over the last few years

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    so now we're attacking people for making money from running coaching clinics?

those bastards, running a business for profit - how dare they?

Clayton Zane was running a clinic in a park near my place during the lock down - one kid at a time, six days a week, morning, afternoon and evening - you want to attack him for 'profiting from the pandemic'? he was working hard, making the most of a bad situation and providing an outlet for kids (and families) and should be applauded

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so now we're attacking people for making money from running coaching clinics?

those bastards, running a business for profit - how dare they?

Clayton Zane was running a clinic in a park near my place during the lock down - one kid at a time, six days a week, morning, afternoon and evening - you want to attack him for 'profiting from the pandemic'? he was working hard, making the most of a bad situation and providing an outlet for kids (and families) and should be applauded
    Hi Boz,

Yes, I agree entirely with your point. I suspect the problem here is Richard's involvement, not the concept. Richard is a very divisive character - lord knows I have had a few ding dongs with him over the years! - but you cannot question the mans motives. Running a clinic to earn a few bucks for Jaffas in these times is a shrewd move, especially with kids starved of playing over the past few months. Same way its shrewd for Magic to do one with Clayton Zane. Same way with Valo and Hughesy, Jobe and NTS etc etc

The Jaffas clinic looks like the ones Newy Football usually run at this time of year - same venue too! The big worry for me is that this probably shows where NF's thinking is at this time. I think most people know Russell Henry wanted the season canned this year, so just what shape will NF be in at the end of this? I hope the teams that rely on NF for NET and other coaching assistance have back up plans in place as the news I'm hearing out of NF worries me.

I hope I am wrong.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hey Steve,

May I ask what the feeling is around NLFC at the moment? I heard the news that the club have pulled out of miniroos and I-D this year ( you mentioned having a son that plays I-D)

So SAP is going ahead? I feel for the club. Such a tough spot to manage 1100 kids at a time like this.

A
    Sorry Alan - just catching up on the forum.
    My SAP team started back training only last week - and I believe most other SAP teams were similar.

My U12 ID son's team is training, with no immediate prospect of games. Which frustrates him. I'm not too connected into the community side of the club but the general feeling I get is that parents didn't feel like committing to the volunteer workload to make it all work. So the kids, ALL the kids, miss out. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    My U12 ID son's team is training, with no immediate prospect of games. Which frustrates him. I'm not too connected into the community side of the club but the general feeling I get is that parents didn't feel like committing to the volunteer workload to make it all work. So the kids, ALL the kids, miss out. Sad.
    Assuming you're training at a club that hasn't pulled out of the comp, I'm surprised your club hasn't told you you're playing next weekend. That was announced by the ID associations well over a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Assuming you're training at a club that hasn't pulled out of the comp, I'm surprised your club hasn't told you you're playing next weekend. That was announced by the ID associations well over a week ago
    NLFC.
    Due to the vagaries of the Newcastle Football NET system versus the NNSWF SAP system, my son - turning 12 this year - was switched from NLFC premier group (NET last year) to NLFC Community (ID only, no SAP) - and the community side of the club pulled out of the season. His team are training, because the alternative is a season with no football and then less chance to make the jump to U13 (NPL/NEWFM whatever, either at NLFC or elsewhere) .. but no games.

As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.

As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.[/QUOTE]

This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    As far as U9 SAP goes.. we're still yet to see a draw, are still unable to practice tackling at training, and need to somehow play a game this weekend.
    This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.[/QUOTE]

You know for kids at SAP level they need to enjoy it yeah? There’s only so much practice they can do before they lose interest for the game. They need to be playing games at this age to keep them motivated and interested or they will just throw it in.
    They go to school normally now and play in playground so just bring it back to normal now.

Reading the play and positional combinations takes a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.
    You know for kids at SAP level they need to enjoy it yeah? There’s only so much practice they can do before they lose interest for the game. They need to be playing games at this age to keep them motivated and interested or they will just throw it in.
    They go to school normally now and play in playground so just bring it back to normal now.[/QUOTE]

My comment never once made mention to playing games. It was more an observation about using this isolated time to perfect skills to use in games when they return. I didn't think practising tackling was a valuable use of time.

This period of no contact should be welcomed at SAP age. This was the perfect opportunity of having time to practice technique repeatedly in isolation. That would be a 1000% more productive than practising tackling.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we've been working on passing and movement and building fitness and decision making skills back up. Which has been good. My kids hardly ever get an actual goal to shoot at (this is mostly deliberate by me) so the sessions haven't been all that different from pre-shutdown.
    However, just prior to shutdown we had highlighted a skills gap when it came to tackling technique across the whole team and were about to spend a good block of time working on that.

They'll be excited to play a game this week - but apart from school-herd-soccer they won't have performed a tackle in months...

I’d argue school herd sokkah is the best way to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’d argue school herd sokkah is the best way to learn.
    You're right, but it also depends what you want them to learn - none of my players learnt about structure and spacing from the playground.
    And my belief is that the SAP environment is meant to teach / reinforce this part of the game (while still keeping it fun).

I always thought SAP was about individual skill and technique. The 4 core skills don’t include structure and spacing but that’s just the curriculum. I don’t mind a coach who thinks a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I always thought SAP was about individual skill and technique. The 4 core skills don’t include structure and spacing but that’s just the curriculum. I don’t mind a coach who thinks a bit differently.
    Across the clubs it's apparent that structure is definitely being taught. To be fair though it has to, if you just let them all run around in a gaggle they aren't going to opportunity to learn effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I always thought SAP was about individual skill and technique. The 4 core skills donÂ’t include structure and spacing but thatÂ’s just the curriculum. I donÂ’t mind a coach who thinks a bit differently.
    the further down this road we go with SAP and the more i read this forum the more im convinced this program is doomed for failure.its evident pressing and structure are coached and thats fine but when a kid can run and press and slide tackle and stick a boot in yet after 3 years in the program still cant control pass or shoot with their weak foot then its failed.if youre going to games this weekend take the time to actually look at the individual skills of the kids.the sugar hit of winning on the weekend is eventually going to be tempered with the fact these kids will be so far behind their peers when it comes to the time that winning actually matters.

NLFC.
    Due to the vagaries of the Newcastle Football NET system versus the NNSWF SAP system, my son - turning 12 this year - was switched from NLFC premier group (NET last year) to NLFC Community (ID only, no SAP) - and the community side of the club pulled out of the season. His team are training, because the alternative is a season with no football and then less chance to make the jump to U13 (NPL/NEWFM whatever, either at NLFC or elsewhere) .. but no games.
    Oh bloody hell, well good luck to them going to be difficult to know other players they know are playing every weekend. Is there at least another U12 NLFC team doing it ? At least then

Now all the return to play guidelines are out and it is now where near as bad as the clubs were scared into believing, I wonder if they could've gone ahead.

My comment never once made mention to playing games. It was more an observation about using this isolated time to perfect skills to use in games when they return. I didn't think practising tackling was a valuable use of time.
    While I can understand where you are coming from any SAP training games is still done based on the skill the session is focusing on. Or should be

NLFC.

yeah the 12s should have stayed with NET. Hindsight n all.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    yeah the 12s should have stayed with NET. Hindsight n all.
    My understanding was that there was no option(s) for U12 in the NET program? (beyond any issues my club might have had with the NET program)
    I could see how the step up to more players and bigger fields would have affected the rest of the NET setup - so I assumed this was the case.

Sorry all, understand this is a SAP thread and not a NET thread. My understanding is that it was NF that pulled away from SAP years ago to create their own NET program and now by going back to SAP have created this gap-year; which my son just happens to inhabit. If he had a realistic chance/desire of playing NPL I'd be much more upset for him.