Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Hey Finzee,
    It aint got nothing to do with me
    what team or age are you referring to ??
    your post sounds that your backing edgy, no wait magic.... oh hang on edgy...

im just reading and laughing at this thread
    I'm still trying to figure out whether his whole post was sarcastic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    hey Cobra,
    1st edgy kept passing to big kid at the front who scored all the goals. Not sure what the back 3 were doing

Then they went long ball, no skill there. And we had 100 shots to 7 unlucky.

Finally ref favoured edgy... did the kids also cry? that one always amazes me.

anyway, i think weve covered the standard tragic excuse culture

I believe I am the "referee" in the U10s you're accusing of "bias"...and I want to address your post having randomly found both this forum, and this post this morning

1) Hyperbole aside, if Magic had 100 shots to 7, then it clearly meant they squandered their chances...Magic was the better team in that match, but they lost anyway. This happens in football, football is a game won and lost across split seconds

2) That the Magic coaches failed to react to a change in tactics in the 2nd half, when the Edgeworth team began to "knock it long", in fact their forsight for the kids to see the passing opportunity, and passing lane to an attacking player who continued to successfully maneuverer correctly alongside and between the defending players was itself, demonstrative of footballing IQ (not the way I would play it mind you, but it's what they did and it was an easy tactic to counteract if the Magic coaches had seen and reacted to the pattern

3) The "back three" as you call them were obviously busy fending off those "100 shots at goal", and feeding through balls to generate scoring opportunities (Edgeworth had 3 separate goal scorer's not 1)

3) It's not the refs fault that the Magic team kept committing really bad foul throws, some of them were near half a meter inside the pitch...I called up both teams on it, but Magic was by far the worst team I have seen for it (I suggest your team do a session to go through this with the kids, we are what, 5 years into their footballing careers...they are all talented kids, and should be able to avoid the most blatant foul throws) :-\ ...heck I even moved Magic's handball to stop a goal out of the box, and didn't even give a clear free kick when one of the Edgeworth kids was kicked, studs up in the chest. I believe that the only ruling I made that perhaps wasn't correct was one corner, but from my vantage point it looked like a deflection came off the Magic player marking the attempted cross

As for the claim that Edgeworth played U10s kids in the U9s, that is not true at all...and the U10s team you faced, that beat you, had 2 U9s kids, who play up into 10s...one of those boys, the weaker one, played in his own age group in the U9s match the day before

P.S. this is kids football, you don't have to be so salty...the sheep stations come next year

Try not to be such a ********** next time, sulkiness does not become anyone

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    The fact YOU give them goals for the day highlights that you are just as bad as the others you have had a rant about. You should just let them play and let the coach. Right?

Also you have stated the worst thing Northern did was give the SAP to the clubs? Realistically Northern didn't actually run SAP anyway only the Emerging Jets and TSP, the clubs have always coached the majority of younger age groups.
    Lol. Shows how long you have been around football. SAP has been running for many many years. Since my kid went through that program. I commented here after reading some of the abysmal commentary made about 9 and 10 year old kids.

Also, my son is a goalkeeper, game day goals come directly from his goalkeeping coach based on where we thought he needed a boost in his skills or directly from his SAP report, written you know, by his coach.

Points for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Lol. Shows how long you have been around football. SAP has been running for many many years. Since my kid went through that program. I commented here after reading some of the abysmal commentary made about 9 and 10 year old kids.

Also, my son is a goalkeeper, game day goals come directly from his goalkeeping coach based on where we thought he needed a boost in his skills or directly from his SAP report, written you know, by his coach.

I'm with you...these comments are ridiculous about an U9s and 10s game :\

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    its definitely sarcastic.i think.i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
    I believe I am the "referee" in the U10s you're accusing of "bias"...and I want to address your post having randomly found both this forum, and this post this morning

1) Hyperbole aside, if Magic had 100 shots to 7, then it clearly meant they squandered their chances...Magic was the better team in that match, but they lost anyway. This happens in football, football is a game won and lost across split seconds

2) That the Magic coaches failed to react to a change in tactics in the 2nd half, when the Edgeworth team began to "knock it long", in fact their forsight for the kids to see the passing opportunity, and passing lane to an attacking player who continued to successfully maneuverer correctly alongside and between the defending players was itself, demonstrative of footballing IQ (not the way I would play it mind you, but it's what they did and it was an easy tactic to counteract if the Magic coaches had seen and reacted to the pattern

3) The "back three" as you call them were obviously busy fending off those "100 shots at goal", and feeding through balls to generate scoring opportunities (Edgeworth had 3 separate goal scorer's not 1)

3) It's not the refs fault that the Magic team kept committing really bad foul throws, some of them were near half a meter inside the pitch...I called up both teams on it, but Magic was by far the worst team I have seen for it (I suggest your team do a session to go through this with the kids, we are what, 5 years into their footballing careers...they are all talented kids, and should be able to avoid the most blatant foul throws) :-\ ...heck I even moved Magic's handball to stop a goal out of the box, and didn't even give a clear free kick when one of the Edgeworth kids was kicked, studs up in the chest. I believe that the only ruling I made that perhaps wasn't correct was one corner, but from my vantage point it looked like a deflection came off the Magic player marking the attempted cross

As for the claim that Edgeworth played U10s kids in the U9s, that is not true at all...and the U10s team you faced, that beat you, had 2 U9s kids, who play up into 10s...one of those boys, the weaker one, played in his own age group in the U9s match the day before

P.S. this is kids football, you don't have to be so salty...the sheep stations come next year
    Great response.

Im not with tragic or at the game but was giving you an example of the cancerous culture at that club and has been there for +20 yrs from 6s up.

Win at all costs, cry bitch when they lose, put down other teams players and playing styles as well. Yrs of game day experience has bought that all here. Sure, those that cant handle the truth will have hissy fit but facts are facts.

All the best keep on going.

Oh, well done to the kids and coaches at all other clubs. You are doing very well

maybe having a laugh but sounds familiar though

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

Did your youngen go onto bigger better stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff View Post

Try not to be such a ********** next time, sulkiness does not become anyone
    Jesus get a life you clown. No one cares. Clearly that other drop kick was being sarcastic 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Great response.

Im not with tragic or at the game but was giving you an example of the cancerous culture at that club and has been there for +20 yrs from 6s up.

Win at all costs, cry bitch when they lose, put down other teams players and playing styles as well. Yrs of game day experience has bought that all here. Sure, those that cant handle the truth will have hissy fit but facts are facts.

All the best keep on going.

Oh, well done to the kids and coaches at all other clubs. You are doing very well
    You sound like you need hug. I’m taking a wild guess but did magic cut your son from the trials or something?

Well this thread has gone sideways real quick.
    Gone from interesting discussions about how each club is promoting youth football and providing a pathway for the kids to better themselves for their footballing futures..

I for one have loved the discussion up until recently. It has been brilliant. I have also been impressed by a lot of the football I have seen. My daughter plays in the 12’s so we come up against the 11 boys m. Some of the games I have been lucky enough to be on the sidelines to witness have been excellent. And I really enjoy seeing the girls take up the challenge to the boys and seeing the boys quickly realise these girls are not pushovers and they have to be at their best against them..

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    You sound like you need hug. I’m taking a wild guess but did magic cut your son from the trials or something?
    lol. why would he accept at trial after what i already knew. did you not see my factual evidence. he knocked that back.

You needn't feel offended if you happily fit within that regime.

I suggest more lads play for their closest SAP clubs and make them stronger. Everyone is trying their best including the kids

I wonder if SAP will allow mid coast in the 12's next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Did your youngen go onto bigger better stuff?
    He has had some train on time with the jets, and great feedback from other clubs TD's on game day which I think is really great that they take the time out to speak to him. From where he started to now he's come a long way.

In SAP there were definitely goalkeepers that we identified he needed to watch and learn from. Now, it's more that he needs to learn from his own game, so watching his own game back is always helpful.

He's still young, it is just a lot of hard work and sometimes not a lot of payoff short term. If you want to be a goalkeeper who makes it through then you usually aren't in the team that wins the GF every year because you want to be touching the ball as much as you can. Standing around for 90 minutes just doesn't do anything for your game development.

I'm just happy that he has a good understanding around that idea and winning or not he plays exactly the same way, although he tells me he still prefers to be busy the whole game. lol.

Watching Jaffa’s v Olympic at Darling St Oval this morning.

No goals yet but absolutely excellent football being played by 9 & 10 year olds.

No goals yet but absolutely excellent football being played by 9 & 10 year olds.
    Both 10’s games were extremely close and were unreal to watch. The passing, possession play and individual skills on show were fantastic. Great examples of some very well trained kids on both teams.

Agreed, I watched the 9's and it was great to see 2 teams being coached to play the correct way, passing through the defense. probably the most competitive games I've seen in this season so far.

Interesting tidbits from Jaffa's 10's games this weekend.

The Black team played the Emerging Jets Girls (Under 11's maybe?).
    The Jets girls play the game with a roving keeper, the girl in the keeper kit was in midfield most of the time and when the boys would start attacking she would run back into goals.
    It was an interesting tactic, the boys were not quite sure what to do and were shooting from long distance too often trying to catch them out, it ended up giving the girls the lions share of possession. They didn't really use it effectively as they focused a lot more on dribbling, would beat a player or two then lose the ball or shoot. Might have been deliberate in developing their individual skills, if not there wasn't much teamwork on show.
    Very close game, there would only have been a goal in it if any. Some excellent girls in that team.

The Yellow team played New Lambton Gold who are their B team in this age group. Pretty tough game to watch, the Jaffa's keeper didn't touch the ball in the first half.
    Not sure of the reasoning behind having A & B teams but I don't think it is very fair on the kids that end up in the B squads getting 10-20 goals scored against them regularly.
    How many of these kids will walk away from the game through lack of enjoyment? Yet their mates in the A team are doing it very easily and have scored 20+ goals in some of their games.

The Yellow team played New Lambton Gold who are their B team in this age group. Pretty tough game to watch, the Jaffa's keeper didn't touch the ball in the first half.
    Not sure of the reasoning behind having A & B teams but I don't think it is very fair on the kids that end up in the B squads getting 10-20 goals scored against them regularly.
    How many of these kids will walk away from the game through lack of enjoyment? Yet their mates in the A team are doing it very easily and have scored 20+ goals in some of their games.
    Maybe thats more of a reflection of the fact that there should only by one team at each club and the others are merely making up numbers, maybe community football is actually better for their development.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Maybe thats more of a reflection of the fact that there should only by one team at each club and the others are merely making up numbers, maybe community football is actually better for their development.
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all, it's also my opinion that each club should only have 1 team.

With how it is today though why would a club not go with 2 evenly balanced teams? On the face of it they would have 2 very competitive teams. They may not "win" every game but the kids would get more out of it.