Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
The level of training is only similar if the standard of coaches is similar across the board. While not every coach in zone SAP was great they did tend to attract some of the better ones. I think in club SAP it will be a bit more hit and miss.
I have zero experience with the zone SAP system, however feedback from friends who had kids go through the system or have them in Under 12's now. It's clear that the coaching was just as hit and miss there as it is in the clubs. Last years NNWSF Newcastle 11's definitely had issues with one of their coaches. Not sure if the same coach returned this year but the parents I know there are much happier with a new coach.
I don't know anyone who had kids go through HV but the feedback from the guys who had their boys in Macquarie and Newcastle (When NF ran it) was they had good years and bad years. Newcastle seemed to have a consistent message at least as they apparently turned out great midfielders year after year.

The clubs should have a vested interest in getting the right coaches or at least providing the best possible coaching oversight (TD's or SAP coordinators depending on the club title) as the end goal should be providing all the pre requisite skills for all these kids in the premier club SAP system to step up into the NPL (Or NL1) Youth system seamlessly.