Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I saw a post on facebook from Maitland saying they had about 70 kids turn up for Under 9's trials this week.
    That's a huge step up from the reported 15 kids they had turn up to their first trial last year.

Jaffas reportedly had 50 or so kids at their trials last week as well.

Is SAP becoming more well know, being advertised better by the clubs or something else leading more kids to try out?
    My perception is that clubs are advertising it much, much better. I've noticed a real upturn in information from some clubs on it. I suspect a few clubs were caught on the hop last year and advertised their trials too late (or, actually followed the NNSWF requirements on when they could trial, where others didn't) and don't want to be in that position again. It makes sense that u9s trial as soon as the community season ends. You've got to catch the kids while they are still in football mode.

I think Maitland have been very on the ball. I know they (and other local Maitland community clubs) have been doing some development squad stuff with Graham Law (Cooks Hill coach) who lives in the area. I've no doubt everyone attending these and the clinics Graham runs have been kept in the loop on SAP, and I'm sure Maitland were already aware of the more talented kids in their area. This, plus 70 kids at the trials, means that Maitland could be strong in the 9s next year.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    My perception is that clubs are advertising it much, much better. I've noticed a real upturn in information from some clubs on it. I suspect a few clubs were caught on the hop last year and advertised their trials too late (or, actually followed the NNSWF requirements on when they could trial, where others didn't) and don't want to be in that position again. It makes sense that u9s trial as soon as the community season ends. You've got to catch the kids while they are still in football mode.

I think Maitland have been very on the ball. I know they (and other local Maitland community clubs) have been doing some development squad stuff with Graham Law (Cooks Hill coach) who lives in the area. I've no doubt everyone attending these and the clinics Graham runs have been kept in the loop on SAP, and I'm sure Maitland were already aware of the more talented kids in their area. This, plus 70 kids at the trials, means that Maitland could be strong in the 9s next year.
    That's awesome.
    Well in everyone at the club.

NNSW have the email contact of the family of every kid playing in NNSW in their database. They should be able to send a targeted email to every 2019 u8 kid advising them of every SAP trial date etc. Shouldn't be hard to do. There would still be a lot that know little or nothing about SAP. I've raised this with them and they nod and have not used the data they have. If they can't do something like this to assist the clubs and kids, then they are failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    NNSW have the email contact of the family of every kid playing in NNSW in their database. They should be able to send a targeted email to every 2019 u8 kid advising them of every SAP trial date etc. Shouldn't be hard to do. There would still be a lot that know little or nothing about SAP. I've raised this with them and they nod and have not used the data they have. If they can't do something like this to assist the clubs and kids, then they are failing.
    Agree, 100%. There is no reason they can’t do this. I wonder if clubs have approached them about it? I know they post trials on the website when asked, but you’d imagine targeted emails would gather far more interest in trials and further people’s knowledge about SAP.

its a real bummer that Jaffas have cut back to one squad for U/11's next year.
    Just hope those kids that didnt make it get out and trial for other clubs, because all of them are good enough to make a squad somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Just hope those kids that didnt make it get out and trial for other clubs, because all of them are good enough to make a squad somewhere.
    Yup, assuming they don’t get any new players that’s 5 boys from those teams that will get cut.

They have 2 strong squads. It’ll be a tough call deciding who won’t make it.

Yup, assuming they don’t get any new players that’s 5 boys from those teams that will get cut.

They have 2 strong squads. It’ll be a tough call deciding who won’t make it.
    decision has already been made and kids have been told apparently. As heartless as it sounds its prob not a bad time to tell them so they can book in for trials at other clubs.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Agree, 100%. There is no reason they can’t do this. I wonder if clubs have approached them about it? I know they post trials on the website when asked, but you’d imagine targeted emails would gather far more interest in trials and further people’s knowledge about SAP.
    Yep. I coach at community level & I only just heard about SAP. Now I find this chat room all about it!

We hear a bit about NET but not SAP. These pages are helpful!

Hi guys, sorry this isnÂ’t on the notice board but I feel like those who are interested in SAP are probably keeping tabs on this thread more.

Wallsend FC SAP U9 trials.

With the upcoming Edgeworth Eagles v Newcastle Jets FFA Cup fixture Wednesday the 21st we will be adding an extra under 9Â’s SAP trial night on Thursday 22nd.

Please get out to support Newcastle football at the FFA Cup if possible.

We will be having 3 nights for our U9Â’s SAP trials now.

Updated trial details, feel free to attend one or all of the trial nights.

‪- Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Thursday 22nd August 5.00pm - 6:30pm

Trials are held at ‘The GardensÂ’ sporting complex, ‪104 Sandgate road, Birmingham‬ Gardens. Please do not bring dogs or animals to the facility.

All trialistÂ’s are to be prepared to start the trials ‪at 5pm sharp. Please bring water bottle.

We look forward to seeing you all this week!

Regards,
    Dan Byatt
    youth@wallsendfc.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Hi guys, sorry this isnÂ’t on the notice board but I feel like those who are interested in SAP are probably keeping tabs on this thread more.

Wallsend FC SAP U9 trials.

With the upcoming Edgeworth Eagles v Newcastle Jets FFA Cup fixture Wednesday the 21st we will be adding an extra under 9Â’s SAP trial night on Thursday 22nd.

Please get out to support Newcastle football at the FFA Cup if possible.

We will be having 3 nights for our U9Â’s SAP trials now.

Updated trial details, feel free to attend one or all of the trial nights.

‪- Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Thursday 22nd August 5.00pm - 6:30pm

Trials are held at ‘The GardensÂ’ sporting complex, ‪104 Sandgate road, Birmingham‬ Gardens. Please do not bring dogs or animals to the facility.

All trialistÂ’s are to be prepared to start the trials ‪at 5pm sharp. Please bring water bottle.

We look forward to seeing you all this week!

Regards,
    Dan Byatt
    youth@wallsendfc.com.au
    Updated the first page for you Dan. Did you end up getting a rego link sorted that I could add to the front page info?

Hey, I noticed that the 2020 Girls Emerging Jets and NNSW SAP trials have also been announced.....
    http://northernnswfootball.com.au/high-performance/

Updated the first page for you Dan. Did you end up getting a rego link sorted that I could add to the front page info?
    Thanks Aegon, much appreciated mate. See if this link works I guess. Not the end of the world if it doesn’t work, if anyone wants to email me then I can chase them details👍🏻

http://wallsendfc.com.au/sap-trials/

Banned
    Especially when they could have had 2 competitive teams. Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?
    can safely say ive been told about 400 different things over the past few weeks all by people who 'know'.
    turns out Jaffas might be the 'only' club with one squad next year.
    again, hopefully those kids get a run somewhere else because they are more than good enough.
    Seems like I am WRONG

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/c...l-find-a-club/

The TAFE Summer Football venues have been announced, and it appears that - locally - only Adamstown, Mayfield, Maitland and Tilligerry are running competitions for the 8-11 years groups. Most of these comps are 6 v 6, with Adamstown being 7 v 7. Adamstown was mentioned by Yaa Yaa as the one a few SAP clubs entered last year.

The Adamstown comp is on a Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?
    This was definitely a thing. Earlier in the season it was said with certainty that most clubs would go to one team at 11s, but it appears a lot of the clubs have had a late change of heart. I wondered whether NNSWF have pushed for two teams as this ultimately gives them them a bigger pool of players being well schooled, or whether it is a club-led decision?

This was definitely a thing. Earlier in the season it was said with certainty that most clubs would go to one team at 11s, but it appears a lot of the clubs have had a late change of heart. I wondered whether NNSWF have pushed for two teams as this ultimately gives them them a bigger pool of players being well schooled, or whether it is a club-led decision?
    Jaffas have definitely come out and said it was a club decision to drop down to a single U/11's team.

I'd love to know who or how many in the club wanted it, because I've spoken to a few that def wanted 2 teams.

I'd love to know who or how many in the club wanted it, because I've spoken to a few that def wanted 2 teams.
    I can't be sure about any discussions that occurred leading up to the decision. Only that the communication to the parents was that it was a decision ultimately made by the clubs Technical Director, not the SAP Technical Director.

Banned
    I can't be sure about any discussions that occurred leading up to the decision. Only that the communication to the parents was that it was a decision ultimately made by the clubs Technical Director, not the SAP Technical Director.
    So RH made the call? Once again trying to throw his weight around thinking he knows what’s best for the kids but actually just looking at what’s best for his wallet. I heard that the kids cut may have been some kids getting extra TSP coaching and RH is against that. I’ve heard him say a certain kid isn’t good enough for his program because he’s in that tsp program and it’s taught him bad habits... clearly the kid can play but ok RH