Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    So RH made the call? Once again trying to throw his weight around thinking he knows what’s best for the kids but actually just looking at what’s best for his wallet.
    Exactly the opposite of what I said - The decision was made by the Club TD, RH is only the SAP TD for Jaffas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    I heard that the kids cut may have been some kids getting extra TSP coaching and RH is against that. I’ve heard him say a certain kid isn’t good enough for his program because he’s in that tsp program and it’s taught him bad habits... clearly the kid can play but ok RH
    Not sure where you get that information from - The club has been very supportive of the TSP from all indications so far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Exactly the opposite of what I said - The decision was made by the Club TD, RH is only the SAP TD for Jaffas.

Not sure where you get that information from - The club has been very supportive of the TSP from all indications so far.
    Well thanks for squashing that rumour 👍 90% of things you hear around here is just that.

can someone in the know please reassure me that a certain TD didnt schedule a practice match between 2 of the better teams in 10's on the mandated weekend off because they happened to both 'lose' last weekend?

this cant be real can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    can someone in the know please reassure me that a certain TD didnt schedule a practice match between 2 of the better teams in 10's on the mandated weekend off because they happened to both 'lose' last weekend?

RH organised a friendly between 2 clubs in 9s and 10s because he doesnt like seeing teams idle. Winning or losing doesnt rate a mention. Whoever mentioned that is a knob.

In fact any week off that wasnt in middle of holidays had a trial game added with the same clubs. Makes for an extra long season
    Last edited by Jim; 26-08-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    RH organised a friendly between 2 clubs in 9s and 10s because he doesnt like seeing teams idle. Winning or losing doesnt rate a mention. Whoever mentioned that is a knob.

In fact any week off that wasnt in middle of holidays had a trial game added with the same clubs. Makes for an extra long season
    good to know.
    the mandated weeks off have been a topic of much discussion at our club. they have def been of the opinion that if the program states the kids need a break then the kids are having a break.
    the kids on the other hand sound like they'd def prefer to play every week, and with school hols and the odd washout, there seemed to be way more weeks off this year vs last year.
    Hopefully next year in 11's (if he gets in) they dont have as many mandated breaks because it really disrupted the 2nd half of the season.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

good to know.
    the mandated weeks off have been a topic of much discussion at our club. they have def been of the opinion that if the program states the kids need a break then the kids are having a break.
    the kids on the other hand sound like they'd def prefer to play every week, and with school hols and the odd washout, there seemed to be way more weeks off this year vs last year.
    Hopefully next year in 11's (if he gets in) they dont have as many mandated breaks because it really disrupted the 2nd half of the season.
    That 2 week "break" in the middle was a farce for some. Friendlies and training still going on.

Rather keep the games going and finish a week or 2 earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    NNSW have the email contact of the family of every kid playing in NNSW in their database. They should be able to send a targeted email to every 2019 u8 kid advising them of every SAP trial date etc. Shouldn't be hard to do. There would still be a lot that know little or nothing about SAP. I've raised this with them and they nod and have not used the data they have. If they can't do something like this to assist the clubs and kids, then they are failing.
    Interesting, asked exactly the same question about notifying eligible girls for WPL trials. Get same answer, yes, good idea, nothing.

Out of curiosity. What are you trying to achieve with this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    I’m pretty sure Cessnock City are putting in u9/u10 SAP teams this year. I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team. Not sure if that’s confirmed yet though.
    It appears Cessnock couldn't make SAP happen this year. They put adverts out for coaches, but have confirmed that they won't be running SAP for 2020. Also, Cooks Hill don't appear to be going ahead with SAP for u9s, so it looks like much the same again for next year.

It will be interesting to know whether the 'split draw' which happened in the second half of the season will happen again from the start? I'd guess not, as they'll want to see what each clubs u9s look like first.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Out of curiosity. What are you trying to achieve with this statement?
    not a statement, but a genuine question. I was talking to one of the kids from the team and his parent. they sounded like they were playing the trial game and that the coaches werent happy with their performance the week prior. obviously it was not the case, and maybe it was just flippantly referred to, but the kid and his dad certainly didnt see it as a fun get together. so asked the question (again, not naming clubs), someone who obviously had knowledge of the situation answered it and i took the answer as fact, hence why there was no further comment.
    nothing more to it. if i wanted to bag anyone or any clubs id mention names, but thats not the intent.

more to the point i was also trying to get a handle on everyones thoughts on the week off. we were told it was a mandated thing, but obviously some clubs dont see it that way. not saying theres a right and wrong way to do it, but just found it funny that again, the program seems to be getting plenty of external changes from clubs who seem intent on doing it their way. and again, my kid would rather be playing every week so i aint knocking it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

It will be interesting to know whether the 'split draw' which happened in the second half of the season will happen again from the start? I'd guess not, as they'll want to see what each clubs u9s look like first.
    surely not huh. there will be plenty of player movement and esp with clubs going to one team it will shift a few teams around.
    hope they give everyone the same chance from day 1. being told you are a '2nd tier' club from the start of the year isnt good for anyone.
    Seems like I am WRONG

not a statement, but a genuine question. I was talking to one of the kids from the team and his parent. they sounded like they were playing the trial game and that the coaches werent happy with their performance the week prior. obviously it was not the case, and maybe it was just flippantly referred to, but the kid and his dad certainly didnt see it as a fun get together. so asked the question (again, not naming clubs), someone who obviously had knowledge of the situation answered it and i took the answer as fact, hence why there was no further comment.
    nothing more to it. if i wanted to bag anyone or any clubs id mention names, but thats not the intent.

more to the point i was also trying to get a handle on everyones thoughts on the week off. we were told it was a mandated thing, but obviously some clubs dont see it that way. not saying theres a right and wrong way to do it, but just found it funny that again, the program seems to be getting plenty of external changes from clubs who seem intent on doing it their way. and again, my kid would rather be playing every week so i aint knocking it.
    Fair enough and I appreciate the honesty.
    Heres an FYI if its proven true. RH has with withdrawn services from both clubs next season

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Heres an FYI if its proven true. RH has with withdrawn services from both clubs next season
    Interesting, if true. I wonder if this is because of a bigger NET Program for next season? I know Stockton and Mayfield joined the NET u10 this season, and the likes of Magic are are putting in u10-u12 teams for next season.

I think a bigger NET program is a great idea. The more quality coaching and competitive matches, the better. It also means the likes of Merewether, South Wallsend, Kotara South might keep their better kids for longer, and also gives the likes of Magic, New Lambton more kids to look at in-house if they need more players for SAP.

Interesting, if true. I wonder if this is because of a bigger NET Program for next season? I know Stockton and Mayfield joined the NET u10 this season, and the likes of Magic are are putting in u10-u12 teams for next season.

I think a bigger NET program is a great idea. The more quality coaching and competitive matches, the better. It also means the likes of Merewether, South Wallsend, Kotara South might keep their better kids for longer, and also gives the likes of Magic, New Lambton more kids to look at in-house if they need more players for SAP.
    Email was received this morning from RH:
    So everyone is aware, despite original intentions, I have decided not to work in the SAP with Lambton or Olympic clubs next year as I need to focus on other Newcastle Football programs including NET, but will still remain in touch with many players through the Summer Program and the 2020 Wednesday night special group training. Also, I will see many of them at Blackley Oval on 2020 training nights.
    The mention at the end implies that Jaffas won't be training at Wallarah and will instead be at Blackley Oval. Does this mean Jaffas and Olympic won't be using Newcastle Football facilites anymore?

I double checked my mail. I received notification of the trial match on Sunday 4th August, so defintely not in response to results.

I think the mandated weeks off are pointless. They are scheduled around the Metropolitan SAP schedule when they have Gala weekends, etc. As it stands with washed out or heat cancellations the boys have extra weekends off regardless due to the fixtures not being required to be made up.
    If they just scheduled the weeks off for the weekend in the middle of the school holidays it would be fine. The additional weekends are a waste. The 2 week break in the middle of the competition coincided with a lot of wet weather. I know the coaches commented that for about 4-6 weeks the boys hardly trained or played. At the end of that little period the boys had regressed due to lack of time on the ball.

Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else.

Also agree with the mandated weeks off. Last week was for the 11/12s SAP Gala day. Pity if stiffed all the 9s and 10s who werent competing.

Random question: what does a club need to do to obtain a SAP Licence? I note that all clubs who run SAP are either NPL or NewFM Northern League One clubs, but are there prerequisites that each club needs to meet before NNSWF will grant a licence? And do these requirements mean that it is impossible for a junior community club with aspirations to get a SAP licence? I'm wondering if a club like a Merewether or Stockton (who both have NET teams) would be able to work towards being licensed for SAP, or whether this is a non-starter because their senior club does not play at a high enough level.

Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else.

Also agree with the mandated weeks off. Last week was for the 11/12s SAP Gala day. Pity if stiffed all the 9s and 10s who werent competing.
    Not like anything has been asked not to be shared or is classified or in confidence.....

If there was anything sensitive I wouldn't share it at all but this will all be common knowledge eventually and wherever RH is involved there always seems to be very heavy opinions and pre-determined agendas. hopefully it gets rid of some of the rumours by clarifying it with facts.

Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else. .
    The whole point of this forum is for interested people to discuss and learn about aspects of the SAP program the you wouldn’t ordinarily hear about. Information in the Newcastle football world is usually kept amongst a select few and is rarely shared with the masses, so I for one appreciate the insights given on here. The more transparent things are the better for everyone involved.

Banned
    The whole point of this forum is for interested people to discuss and learn about aspects of the SAP program the you wouldn’t ordinarily hear about. Information in the Newcastle football world is usually kept amongst a select few and is rarely shared with the masses, so I for one appreciate the insights given on here. The more transparent things are the better for everyone involved.
    It does help
    Last edited by Negative Police; 28-08-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The mention at the end implies that Jaffas won't be training at Wallarah and will instead be at Blackley Oval. Does this mean Jaffas and Olympic won't be using Newcastle Football facilites anymore?
    what about the summer program that had NET and SAP kids in it. will that be going ahead?
    not making any accusations at all but just hopeful the kids arent stuck in the middle of any of this breakup.
    Seems like I am WRONG