Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    what about the summer program that had NET and SAP kids in it. will that be going ahead?
    not making any accusations at all but just hopeful the kids arent stuck in the middle of any of this breakup.
    Yup that is all going ahead as per normal.

How did everyone's SAP weekend go? I saw that a few of the Saturday games were cancelled so that Newcastle Football finals games could go ahead at Speers Point. Anyone know if those teams will get to re-play their matches on another date? There was a weekend wash-out a few weeks ago and no catch-up games. Is this not a thing in SAP then?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Anyone know if those teams will get to re-play their matches on another date? There was a weekend wash-out a few weeks ago and no catch-up games. Is this not a thing in SAP then?
    nah, no catchups in SAP. Again, the program isnt supposed to be all about the games so if they miss out, they miss out. No competition points or ladder so it doesnt matter.

Whether this is 'right' or 'wrong' isnt the point. Its just the way it is.

Which is funny because i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend. I have a feeling one of them is a member here on the foz* so im waiting for him to get on here and tell us all how he was innocent and the other bloke was wrong.

ill save everyone the hassle, both coaches acted like complete clowns and we can only hope they get spoken to and settle the **** down, or better still, hand over the reigns to someone who wants to make the program about the kids, not the coaches.
    im not mentioning names of the 2 clubs because all the other games between the clubs were conducted in the typically excellent manner you would expect. it was only the behaviour of these two that buggered it up. Neither were fit to represent their clubs.

*it amazing to hear someone yelling words in real life that are the exact same ones that they type in the internet. it was uncanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    nah, no catchups in SAP. Again, the program isnt supposed to be all about the games so if they miss out, they miss out. No competition points or ladder so it doesnt matter.

Whether this is 'right' or 'wrong' isnt the point. Its just the way it is.

Which is funny because i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend. I have a feeling one of them is a member here on the foz* so im waiting for him to get on here and tell us all how he was innocent and the other bloke was wrong.

ill save everyone the hassle, both coaches acted like complete clowns and we can only hope they get spoken to and settle the **** down, or better still, hand over the reigns to someone who wants to make the program about the kids, not the coaches.
    im not mentioning names of the 2 clubs because all the other games between the clubs were conducted in the typically excellent manner you would expect. it was only the behaviour of these two that buggered it up. Neither were fit to represent their clubs.

*it amazing to hear someone yelling words in real life that are the exact same ones that they type in the internet. it was uncanny.
    I actually witnessed some pretty poor behaviour from parents screaming at coaches from the grandstand, not sure about you guys but why can’t parents just shut up on the sidelines? At the end of the day there is going to be some competition on the field and may get a bit heated and that’s sport I’m afraid but when parents escalate the problem it doesn’t help.

i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend.
    coaches from the same club, or coaches on opposite teams biffing? do clubs or the comp officials ever step in when this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    coaches from the same club, or coaches on opposite teams biffing? do clubs or the comp officials ever step in when this happens?
    no, the head coaches for the opposing teams.
    thankfully, the ref, some parents and other club officials had enough of both of them and shut it down.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

no, the head coaches for the opposing teams.
    thankfully, the ref, some parents and other club officials had enough of both of them and shut it down.
    hmm 9s or 10s?

Our club was washed out but still very disappointing to hear. Imagine if there was points on offer.

I saw most of the Npl1 grand finals and npl semis and didnt see a whole lot of silliness from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I saw most of the Npl1 grand finals and npl semis and didnt see a whole lot of silliness from the sidelines.
    this is a good point, as ive seen a lot of NPL youth this season. The thing that stood out were the amount of coaches who prefered to keep quiet on the sidelines vs the old school shouting and yelling variety of yesteryear. the way kids are treated these days is a stark difference to how coaches seem to think they have to act.
    its very refreshing and i saw plenty of really talented kids and teams that did just fine without being berated all year in front of their families.

this is why im confident that these two blokes on the weekend wont progress very far up the ranks as coaches until they learn to pull their heads in. kids, parents and clubs dont want idiots in charge its just not the way things are done anymore. natural order will mean parents will move their kids away from coaches like that, and clubs wont want people like that representing them.
    hopefully it was a good lesson for everyone concerned and we move on to next week.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    this is a good point, as ive seen a lot of NPL youth this season. The thing that stood out were the amount of coaches who prefered to keep quiet on the sidelines vs the old school shouting and yelling variety of yesteryear. the way kids are treated these days is a stark difference to how coaches seem to think they have to act.
    its very refreshing and i saw plenty of really talented kids and teams that did just fine without being berated all year in front of their families.

this is why im confident that these two blokes on the weekend wont progress very far up the ranks as coaches until they learn to pull their heads in. kids, parents and clubs dont want idiots in charge its just not the way things are done anymore. natural order will mean parents will move their kids away from coaches like that, and clubs wont want people like that representing them.
    hopefully it was a good lesson for everyone concerned and we move on to next week.
    Oh dear I’m going to have to step in here as you seem to think you know a lot about what goes on and clearly you haven’t a clue.
    I’m new to this thread and I’ve read through it and I’ve seen this PLAGUE fellow give big wraps on certain clubs and then hammer them lol, make up your mind.
    As a parent watching on from
    The sideline you don’t know what happens on the field and you just assume or get some Chinese whispers as to what has happened and you go and run on a forum and spread your garbage.

I was at the game yesterday and seen what took place as I could clearly hear it because coached were next to stand. Now I’m not taking sides and I know they both had a go at one another and it was all over one coach calling another kid a thug or butcher(along those lines) and rival coach not taking too kindly to what was said, end of the day it was all Hand bags and dealt with, so no need to come on here and gossip.
    But since you are mentioning all the negatives from yesterday and I’ve read a few comments on here about kids being dropped to win games.
    Now I watched 4 SAP games yesterday and I seen one poor kid play 4 games, yes 4 bloody games for the same team that has done this previously, the kid could barely move by the 4th game and they are the ones that really need to take a good look at themselves.

oh boy, here we go.

Oh dear I’m going to have to step in here as you seem to think you know a lot about what goes on and clearly you haven’t a clue.
    I’m new to this thread and I’ve read through it and I’ve seen this PLAGUE fellow give big wraps on certain clubs and then hammer them lol, make up your mind.
    As a parent watching on from
    The sideline you don’t know what happens on the field and you just assume or get some Chinese whispers as to what has happened and you go and run on a forum and spread your garbage.
    unless of course, yanno, i was standing right there and saw it all unfold. although im not sure if you're allowed to use 'chinese whispers' anymore the PC police will be after ya.
    also, forgive me but where have i bagged clubs? its def not my intention, hence why i dont use names. but if thats the case feel free to post some examples up here so i know what youre talking about.

I was at the game yesterday and seen what took place as I could clearly hear it because coached were next to stand. Now I’m not taking sides and I know they both had a go at one another and it was all over one coach calling another kid a thug or butcher(along those lines) and rival coach not taking too kindly to what was said, end of the day it was all Hand bags and dealt with, so no need to come on here and gossip.
    yeah the word was butcher. and i totally agree that a coach should be saying nothing more than 'well played' to another kid. also you may not have heard the other coach have a go at the away coach straight after full time. if you heard everything then you are more than welcome to tell the forum what he said because it wasnt 'well done coach'.
    ok, you think this is handbags. fine thats your reading of it. i look at if differently. we are allowed to see things differently. but do everyone a favour and explain it all, not just the bits you liked. if you saw it all you saw the home coach being yelled at by the ref and several of his own club officials to leave it alone. if youre ok with that then fine. but dont pretend it didnt happen. im all for the bloke defending his kids, but i didnt agree with the method. again, you think nothing of it, then fine. but others didnt see it the way you did.

But since you are mentioning all the negatives from yesterday and I’ve read a few comments on here about kids being dropped to win games.
    Now I watched 4 SAP games yesterday and I seen one poor kid play 4 games, yes 4 bloody games for the same team that has done this previously, the kid could barely move by the 4th game and they are the ones that really need to take a good look at themselves.
    am more than happy to share my opinions on this too, and i dont agree with it either. there was an example of this in previous rounds that i saw and explained the circumstances (becasue i knew why, not gossip), some people accepted it, others didnt. if its happened since then let me know. and if its for the sake of winning games then again, i dont agree with it. not sure what else you want me to say here mate. we are allowed to agree on certain things, and disagree on others.
    Last edited by plague; 02-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
    All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
    Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
    Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
    Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
    To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
    All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
    Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
    Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
    Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
    To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.
    Yeah I'll cop that I maybe look at these things more critically than most. I don't want them sacked, but I'd love to see them approach things differently if the issue presented itself again because it doesn't look like a great long term strategy.

Agree the young kid did nothing wrong, and tackles happen. I saw the kid go over and I heard the coach tell his players to check the kid was ok. The ref did a good job and that should have been that.

Again, I don't agree with kids playing 4 games. Yesterday was a great example of putting the welfare of the kid first rather than a game of soccer. It was very warm and the fields were really humid. These are 9 and 10 year old kids we've gotta do a better job of looking after them (Hence the discussion on mandated weeks off a few pages back).

Agree the football was great, and it's my biggest problem when the kids show more control than the adults. I'm not ashamed to want to see the kids play and everyone else shut up. It's an idealist position for sure but at this age, the sheep stations can wait.

See 2 posts worth of discussion and now we are best friends. See you at the end of year preso. 1st beer is on MFKS.

Cheers,
    Plague.

All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with

All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with
    What is the appropriate age to start caring?

What is the appropriate age to start caring?
    Development means nothing to supporters of the senior teams only. It’s why clubs are happy to pay over $100,000 in wages/bonuses to players for immediate results. Why develop players when you can lure in new players immediately with $$ that should be used developing infrastructure, etc.

Maybe if more people cared about development as well as immediate results the state of football in NNSW wouldn’t be so dire.

why are you people gutless to name clubs?just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    Only speaking for myself here.
    The issue I spoke about today involved 2 individuals.
    Their behaviour was not representative of the club's.
    No need to bring the whole club into it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky
    Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.
    This exact response is why people may be loath to name clubs. The behaviour of individuals doesn’t mean it’s a club decision or policy to win at all costs.

My son has played magic teams 4 times this season. On 2 seperate occasions post game I saw a coach or manager from their team pull a player from our team aside and tell them how well they played. Both times the players fully deserved it and it means a lot when an opposition coach does that.