Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Having a closed shop could be problematic. There are some good lads in community 9s this year. Dont they deserve a chance to further their abilities if they are superior then some of the lads from this year?
    well there you go. thats the conundrum isnt it?
    there isnt a right or wrong answer here. reward the kids who have had 2 years and been loyal or move them on for something that will get the club better 'results' in the short term?
    just to clarify though im only aware of inhouse trials for their 11's team next year. Not sure what the policy was for new 9's and 9's going to 10's. The trials were kids from SAP, NET and community football. From reports that wasnt the original plan but the club was happy with the kids from within their own club and felt no need to look elsewhere.

was also told that they are trying to get another program going for kids who missed out on SAP in order to keep kids who are motivated and interested and giving them more training options than just the standard 1 session per week in community football. not sure of the details though but again, the club are at least trying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok just keep playing inter clubs games. See its stupid. At least play all the clubs before doubling up or breaking away.

And the bigger problem was having stronger teams playing weaker team more often. No need to start whining about winning or parents.
    Whats the benefit of playing every club or team an equal amount of times? I get that variety is always a good stimulant but its not the only one, if the Inter club game was giving them a competitive game then why not keep playing them. It's a Skill's Acquisition Program. Most the learning should be done at training and the game only used as a measuring stick as to what was learnt last week and what needs attention before next week to improve the individual not win the game. Doesn't sound so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Whats the benefit of playing every club or team an equal amount of times? I get that variety is always a good stimulant but its not the only one, if the Inter club game was giving them a competitive game then why not keep playing them. It's a Skill's Acquisition Program. Most the learning should be done at training and the game only used as a measuring stick as to what was learnt last week and what needs attention before next week to improve the individual not win the game.
    this.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Whats the benefit of playing every club or team an equal amount of times? I get that variety is always a good stimulant but its not the only one, if the Inter club game was giving them a competitive game then why not keep playing them. It's a Skill's Acquisition Program. Most the learning should be done at training and the game only used as a measuring stick as to what was learnt last week and what needs attention before next week to improve the individual not win the game. Doesn't sound so stupid
    Your original comment was stupid and training isnt even in this convo... And i didnt advocate playing everyone equally. yawn....I said play each once then break away instead of doubling up on some and not seeing other teams at all. why bother... Actually you must know everything so you must play for Australia

Your original comment was stupid and training isnt even in this convo... And i didnt advocate playing everyone equally. yawn....I said play each once then break away instead of doubling up on some and not seeing other teams at all. why bother... Actually you must know everything so you must play for Australia
    Why do you need to see other teams? I know your answer, don't worry it's why I made the point. It's a bit sad.

Why do you need to see other teams? I know your answer, don't worry it's why I made the point. It's a bit sad.
    So you think you know what im thinking? You have no idea as most would know. Best jog on and leave the football talk for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Jim; 16-09-2019 at 07:26 PM.

So you think you know what im thinking? You have no idea as most would know. Best jog on and leave the football talk for the rest of us.
    Ok i leave the football talk to gurus like you who think its necessary for 10 year olds development to play every team in the comp.

Ok i leave the football talk to gurus like you who think its necessary for 10 year olds development to play every team in the comp.
    Bout time! Now Where were we.

Is New Lambton dropping out of 11s and 12s NET for 2020?

Bout time! Now Where were we.

Is New Lambton dropping out of 11s and 12s NET for 2020?
    I’d heard they are keeping NET, but not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I’d heard they are keeping NET, but not 100% sure
    I heard the exact opposite.
    Heard they were getting out of NET altogether.
    Bit I ain't 100% sure either.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I heard the exact opposite.
    Heard they were getting out of NET altogether.
    Bit I ain't 100% sure either.
    we've covered enough territory to be 100% right between us

Adamstown have confirmed they’ll only field one team in U11 SAP next year.

“UNDER 11 SAP ANNOUNCEMENT for 2020

Adamstown Rosebud Football Club has reviewed its position regarding the U11 SAP competition in 2020 in light of the recent briefing paper from NNSWF and has resolved to field one team only. This team has now been filled from our 2019 U10 SAP squads.

We acknowledge and appreciate all of those players that have submitted expressions of interest for the 2020 U11s SAP team, however we will not be holding trials and apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused”

“in light of the recent briefing paper from NNSWF”

Is this available to read anywhere? I assume this is where the information on the one 30 minute game next season came from?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    “in light of the recent briefing paper from NNSWF”

Is this available to read anywhere? I assume this is where the information on the one 30 minute game next season came from?
    I cant find it in 30 seconds of intense Google search.

Which club

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    hey look man, i aint writing the songs im just singing from the hymm book the pastor gave me when i signed up.

i think a good question on how much winning 'should' matter is how kids that were picked in the TSP this year were somehow deemed not good enough for a spot in their club team for next year. how can you be picked out as one of the top few skill wise then somehow not get a run in a team?
    add to that the limited spots available in inner city teams for next year and these kids maybe wont even get a spot in the program?

its a weird one.

Which Club cut a TSP player

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Which Club cut a TSP player
    Jaffas dropped a TSP Kid.
    The comment above is a very significant comment and flows on from previous conversations...Coaches have commented they believe the best kids weren't picked for TSP. Rumour has it Magic and Olympic are sticking by their current boys and wont be trialling. Its been stated here New Lambton are sticking with theirs and will only trial for the odd position but this also supports the distribution of talent too into other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Jaffas dropped a TSP Kid.
    The comment above is a very significant comment and flows on from previous conversations...Coaches have commented they believe the best kids weren't picked for TSP. Rumour has it Magic and Olympic are sticking by their current boys and wont be trialling. Its been stated here New Lambton are sticking with theirs and will only trial for the odd position but this also supports the distribution of talent too into other clubs.
    I think we need to get the facts right, I know the boys in the Jaffas and no TSP were dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    I think we need to get the facts right, I know the boys in the Jaffas and no TSP were dropped.
    don’t know much about TSP. Are kids chosen from all clubs or mainly just the big ones? eg good kid from Azzuri vs good kid from Jaffas. Does Jaffas kid get picked?

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    don’t know much about TSP. Are kids chosen from all clubs or mainly just the big ones? eg good kid from Azzuri vs good kid from Jaffas. Does Jaffas kid get picked?
    Information I was sent some time ago on TSP said:

"The TSP (Talent Support Program) exists to simply provide opportunities for talented players to train more often with experienced SAP coaches. The benefit of this is simply to provide more opportunities for players to develop to help players to reach their potential. Players are both identified by NNSWF Technical Advisors who attend hub training sessions and match days and players are also recommended by club coaches and Technical directors.

We may have trials if we believe this is necessary however we may not need to if we believe we have identified enough players for this program. Numbers depend on how many players we can facilitate with coaches etc. Does not matter where players play we try to identify who we believe are the most talented"

I received this third or fourth hand so cannot verify how accurate it is, but this apparently came directly from NNSWF.

Interestingly, I noticed that NNSWF are actually advertising for TSP coaches at the moment: https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...ertisement.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Information I was sent some time ago on TSP said:

"The TSP (Talent Support Program) exists to simply provide opportunities for talented players to train more often with experienced SAP coaches. The benefit of this is simply to provide more opportunities for players to develop to help players to reach their potential. Players are both identified by NNSWF Technical Advisors who attend hub training sessions and match days and players are also recommended by club coaches and Technical directors.

We may have trials if we believe this is necessary however we may not need to if we believe we have identified enough players for this program. Numbers depend on how many players we can facilitate with coaches etc. Does not matter where players play we try to identify who we believe are the most talented"

I received this third or fourth hand so cannot verify how accurate it is, but this apparently came directly from NNSWF.

Interestingly, I noticed that NNSWF are actually advertising for TSP coaches at the moment: https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...ertisement.pdf

As I understand it this time last year the clubs were asked to identify and nominate players to go to TSP trials, the players then had to trial over a period of time before NNSW selected their final TSP squad.