Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I think your missing the point of why Newcastle Football have a NETT program. The SAP program is not be all and end all of football development, if you ask some its quite the opposite actually and no where near the same cost's.
    From memory the whole NET v SAP issue was due to Newcastle Football wanting to push more kids through the program not just 2 teams per age group.

This led to NNSW allowing them to have 3 teams for a while but they wanted more.

Therefore they created NET to allow more teams and kids through the programs. Newcastle Football wanted more players as felt that only 2 teams per age group was not enough to fill NPL squads in u13.

I agree with this opinion. However with SAP now moving over to clubs this is increasing number of players through SAP and I am unsure why there is any need for NET.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    From memory the whole NET v SAP issue was due to Newcastle Football wanting to push more kids through the program not just 2 teams per age group.

This led to NNSW allowing them to have 3 teams for a while but they wanted more.

Therefore they created NET to allow more teams and kids through the programs. Newcastle Football wanted more players as felt that only 2 teams per age group was not enough to fill NPL squads in u13.

I agree with this opinion. However with SAP now moving over to clubs this is increasing number of players through SAP and I am unsure why there is any need for NET.
    Clubs that have SAP teams (except for new Lambton last year) did not field NET teams. So it seems like the baton is being passed to clubs like Mayfield, Kotara South, Stockton, Cooks Hill, South Wallsend, etc.
    It’s good of those clubs are being supported in coaching by the TD of Newcastle Football,to help develop their players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Clubs that have SAP teams (except for new Lambton last year) did not field NET teams. So it seems like the baton is being passed to clubs like Mayfield, Kotara South, Stockton, Cooks Hill, South Wallsend, etc.
    It’s good of those clubs are being supported in coaching by the TD of Newcastle Football,to help develop their players.
    Yep. And there are players going into SAP from NET teams and some the other way so its a useful comp for development.

NET will be around for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I think your missing the point of why Newcastle Football have a NETT program. The SAP program is not be all and end all of football development, if you ask some its quite the opposite actually and no where near the same cost's.
    What would you put your kid in? And why?

Are there better NET teams? Like, does one club always get the best kids?

But Magic got SAP and NET @ 10/11/12 right? And Cookers now running SAP and NET?

Can any club do SAP? I read it called Premier Club sap. Does that mean just NPL and newfm?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    The first thing she noticed was how the trials were set up.. Macquarie had everything ready to go before they got there and hunter valley were setting up well past the start time...
    The second thing was the amount of players at each trial HV had 12 players at there trials including some who hadnÂ’t played before and Macquarie had twice if not 3 times as many..
    Sounds like Mac much better run. I guess they will be much stronger than HV this year, unless jets take all there best girls

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    But Magic got SAP and NET @ 10/11/12 right? And Cookers now running SAP and NET?

Can any club do SAP? I read it called Premier Club sap. Does that mean just NPL and newfm?
    theres no better program between the 2. way more important to make sure the kid gets a good coach (and by good i mean one sticking to the core skills rather than coaching just to win games).

we were sold on SAP being a requirement of all NPL teams to run, and NEWFM that wanted to/qualified for (not sure what qualified meant). New Lambon has it, Kahibah was supposed to have it but didnt. have heard Cooks Hill is starting up this year. someone on here is involved with Garden uburbs and wanted it, but their club wast 'allowed' (which sucks if a club is dedicated to doing it).

in the 3 years of SAP s far our club has had kids come and go, go to NET and prefer it, come from NET and prefer it, and come from community football because they were good enough to walk in.

again though, cannot stress enough at the difference in coaching. overwhelming majority are really good/great.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    theres no better program between the 2. way more important to make sure the kid gets a good coach (and by good i mean one sticking to the core skills rather than coaching just to win games).

we were sold on SAP being a requirement of all NPL teams to run, and NEWFM that wanted to/qualified for (not sure what qualified meant). New Lambon has it, Kahibah was supposed to have it but didnt. have heard Cooks Hill is starting up this year. someone on here is involved with Garden uburbs and wanted it, but their club wast 'allowed' (which sucks if a club is dedicated to doing it).

in the 3 years of SAP s far our club has had kids come and go, go to NET and prefer it, come from NET and prefer it, and come from community football because they were good enough to walk in.

again though, cannot stress enough at the difference in coaching. overwhelming majority are really good/great.
    The main two differences are
    Volume of training/games.
    Coaching requirements.

Last year in 9/10 age groups the SAP kids were scheduled to play 40-44 games with training beginning either later in the previous calendar year or at the start of the school year. Training can be 2-3 times per week for SAP whilst NET is 1-2 sessions per week. NET plays a 14 game season.

Most SAP teams have a TD or SAP co-ordinator that oversee the coaches that are mainly coaching to a specific curriculum. NET can be a mix of club and parent coaching that can be dictated by the club/coach.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Sounds like Mac much better run. I guess they will be much stronger than HV this year, unless jets take all there best girls
    Jets have taken some and WPL teams shave taken others.. but still have a good core from last years team from what I can tell, a second girl has come over from HV and some talented kids having their first go at SAP!! They played a trial game against Charlestown U/11 boys on Monday and played some really good football so can only hope they keep improving as a team with more training and games together..

Banned

Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that) goes hand in hand unless you are say that one Lake Macquarie sap team that just booted the ball up the field every chance they got. But they also set their pitch up for that if you noticed how they marked the keepers box so they could near shoot from goal kicks 🤷*♂️ And coach encouraging it 🤣

Anyway did anyone see the new guidelines NSW football just released for Sydney SAP? As of 2021 a under 9s and up SAP coach will require a minimum B license to coach 9 yr olds 🤦*♂️
    What a load of crap that is, I hope NNSW don’t follow suit because I’ll tell you now we will lose a lot of players and coaches.
    $4k to get a b license and who’s going to pay for that? Clubs are reluctant to pay for coaches c license as it is and they are only $1200.
    SAP rego in Sydney is upward of $2200 for SAP and more for NPL, it’s just become ridiculous.
    No way the best kids are being picks for these programs but only the ones that their parents can afford it. Most Regos in Newcastle vary from $900 to $1200 from what I’ve heard.
    In the next few years we will lose more and more kids to AFL and NRL because $200 will get you a full rego in those codes, something has to change at the top before it gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that) goes hand in hand unless you are say that one Lake Macquarie sap team that just booted the ball up the field every chance they got. But they also set their pitch up for that if you noticed how they marked the keepers box so they could near shoot from goal kicks ��*♂️ And coach encouraging it ��
    They definitely weren't the only team to play like this. The most annoying part of it is the clubs that are playing the football that they are supposed to according to the curriculum seem to instruct their players and game leaders that kids will be blown for offside if it's blatant. Then you'll play against teams where they are not playing offside at all. Our boys then can't understand why they aren't getting pulled up for offside and have to try and change the way they think mid game.

Anyway did anyone see the new guidelines NSW football just released for Sydney SAP? As of 2021 a under 9s and up SAP coach will require a minimum B license to coach 9 yr olds ��*♂️
    Wow, most clubs in Newy only require the skills coaching course don't they? I know some aim for C license or for coaches who commit to getting their C license though.

SAP rego in Sydney is upward of $2200 for SAP and more for NPL, it’s just become ridiculous.
    Makes me feel a little better about my sons fees this year

No way the best kids are being picks for these programs but only the ones that their parents can afford it. Most Regos in Newcastle vary from $900 to $1200 from what I’ve heard.
    In the next few years we will lose more and more kids to AFL and NRL because $200 will get you a full rego in those codes, something has to change at the top before it gets out of hand.
    Yeh, it's not right at all. There will definitely be kids missing out because their parents can't afford to pay that amount of money.
    As you say above as well about losing players, how is the code going to attract new players with those sort of prices? Try telling parents in league stronghold areas that their son may be a gifted player in NRL and Football but to make the step up in one code you'll have to pay thousands vs in the other that will be relatively free.

Which one will they choose?

Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that)
    oh for sure.
    but what is becoming clearer and clearer the longer this program extends is that the more skillful teams, who are sticking to the curriculum are the ones winning the most games.

a hoof ball bash team will get a win here and there but the best teams in the older age group are creating a gap on the bash and barge brigade.
    this is only going to become more evident as they get older.

the best clubs are doing it right. winning with good football is the goal here and plenty of teams are doing it that way.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

They definitely weren't the only team to play like this. The most annoying part of it is the clubs that are playing the football that they are supposed to according to the curriculum seem to instruct their players and game leaders that kids will be blown for offside if it's blatant. Then you'll play against teams where they are not playing offside at all. Our boys then can't understand why they aren't getting pulled up for offside and have to try and change the way they think mid game.
    thats on the clubs and refs to sort that out.
    all clubs are given the rules each season. pretty much every week our club needs to ref the club sends an email asking for volunteers and attaches a copy of the rules.
    granted, we'd all love to see people other than mums and dads do it, but majority of them that ive seen have played and know the rules. if its blatant as you say, get your coach and/or a NNSW official to talk to the ref. if its done in a non abusive and civilised way it should benefit everyone.

if its coaches and parents just yelling shit from the sidelines to the ref mid game then yeah that wont end well. ive seen that up close more than a few times.
    Seems like I am WRONG

thats on the clubs and refs to sort that out.
    all clubs are given the rules each season. pretty much every week our club needs to ref the club sends an email asking for volunteers and attaches a copy of the rules.
    granted, we'd all love to see people other than mums and dads do it, but majority of them that ive seen have played and know the rules. if its blatant as you say, get your coach and/or a NNSW official to talk to the ref. if its done in a non abusive and civilised way it should benefit everyone.

if its coaches and parents just yelling shit from the sidelines to the ref mid game then yeah that wont end well. ive seen that up close more than a few times.
    I think our coaches have been directed not to address other clubs game leaders regardless of rulings, etc. What normally happens is that the coaches have to deal with it at half time or when defensive players are subbed. The result is though that it pushes the goalies back deeper in their box as the defenders have to drop deeper to defend blatently offside players.
    That's contrary to what the players are trained for, e.g.
    Goalies playing a high sweeping role, Defenders pushing to half way when attacking, etc. It ends up splitting both teams up with bigger gaps between the players and less passing play.

Again - it comes back to poor direction from the clubs and a lack of direction and control from NNSWF.

Again - it comes back to poor direction from the clubs and a lack of direction and control from NNSWF.
    Every time I've reffed I've spoken to both coaches pre-game and asked if they had any questions. First year I told them how I was going to get offside as if noticed it was a point of confusion for many.

After that, zero concerns. I'd love to see a NNSW rep (out at the facility) talk to refs pregame to make things clear. There are plenty of tracksuits walking around each game day. Again, they'd prob only need to talk to each ref once a year but it would prob save a lot of grief.

Every time I've reffed I've spoken to both coaches pre-game and asked if they had any questions. First year I told them how I was going to get offside as if noticed it was a point of confusion for many.

After that, zero concerns. I'd love to see a NNSW rep (out at the facility) talk to refs pregame to make things clear. There are plenty of tracksuits walking around each game day. Again, they'd prob only need to talk to each ref once a year but it would prob save a lot of grief.
    Ya I agree. The offside and drop off rules seem to be the most inconsistently applied. Only other weird one is that some game leaders have allowed direct free kicks to be scored.

I'd also love to see the NNSW reps get involved, at the least it would get them off their phones when they should be paying attention. However most of the young blokes I have seen there have no idea about SAP anyway.

[QUOTE=Yaa Yaa;232486]Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that) goes hand in hand unless you are say that one Lake Macquarie sap team that just booted the ball up the field every chance they got. But they also set their pitch up for that if you noticed how they marked the keepers box so they could near shoot from goal kicks 🤷*♂️ And coach encouraging it 🤣

My god what a poor comment. Without losing/failure no-one will reach there full potential in anything winning/success helps and trainers at licences courses won't tell you development only comes from winning or success that is complete garbage. What they will tell you that competitive parents like yourself will stunt their kids development and the kids of competitive parents are more likely not to reach their full potential and generally get lost to the game. Parents that focus on what other teams do during the game are purley result orientated, you should be thankful that different teams offer different experiences for your child's team to deal with it's all part of their development. Stop worrying about results and winning and let your kids enjoy their football.

[QUOTE=Dontknowmuch;232***]
    Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that) goes hand in hand unless you are say that one Lake Macquarie sap team that just booted the ball up the field every chance they got. But they also set their pitch up for that if you noticed how they marked the keepers box so they could near shoot from goal kicks ��*♂️ And coach encouraging it ��

My god what a poor comment. Without losing/failure no-one will reach there full potential in anything winning/success helps and trainers at licences courses won't tell you development only comes from winning or success that is complete garbage. What they will tell you that competitive parents like yourself will stunt their kids development and the kids of competitive parents are more likely not to reach their full potential and generally get lost to the game. Parents that focus on what other teams do during the game are purley result orientated, you should be thankful that different teams offer different experiences for your child's team to deal with it's all part of their development. Stop worrying about results and winning and let your kids enjoy their football.
    As an Ex soccer Player myself and watching SAP week in week out for the past few years. I can honestly say the rule book is out the window. I have witnessed.
    - Parents yelling at Referees
    - Coaching sledging coaches and referees (Even a basic rule where I saw a coach yell at the opposition coaches for cheating on offside when the boy was in his own half)
    - Children back chatting referees
    - parents sledging opposition children
    - Tackles which belong on rugby fields
    - Karate kicks
    - kicked from behind

Many times it all goes unpunished or a simple free kick. The rules in this so called competition are non existent.
    We all talk amongst ourselves as parents between clubs as a lot of us grew up a similar ages and played with and against each other.
    You pay the money or get left behind but we people aren't impressed with this standard.

[QUOTE=Retired01;232565]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch;232***

As an Ex soccer Player myself and watching SAP week in week out for the past few years. I can honestly say the rule book is out the window. I have witnessed.
    - Parents yelling at Referees
    - Coaching sledging coaches and referees (Even a basic rule where I saw a coach yell at the opposition coaches for cheating on offside when the boy was in his own half)
    - Children back chatting referees
    - parents sledging opposition children
    - Tackles which belong on rugby fields
    - Karate kicks
    - kicked from behind

Many times it all goes unpunished or a simple free kick. The rules in this so called competition are non existent.
    We all talk amongst ourselves as parents between clubs as a lot of us grew up a similar ages and played with and against each other.
    You pay the money or get left behind but we people aren't impressed with this standard.
    This is all from the win at all costs culture that parents are portraying. It doesn't surprise me with the comments from some on here.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dontknowmuch;232***]
    Development comes with winning games,(even trainers at the license courses tell you that) goes hand in hand unless you are say that one Lake Macquarie sap team that just booted the ball up the field every chance they got. But they also set their pitch up for that if you noticed how they marked the keepers box so they could near shoot from goal kicks 🤷*♂️ And coach encouraging it 🤣

My god you’re a clown.You clearly live up to your group name and still can’t separate their from there.
    You wouldn’t know the 1st thing about football judging by your comments.