Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Hey Aegon what’s happening with Jaffa’s 9/10s SAP, advertising for players on their page today? Don’t they only have 1 team and are chasing 2/4 players this late in the year?
    With Regards to the 10's:
    It looks like the second goalkeeper for the 10's pulled out at the last minute.
    With the schedule changes this year the club were going to try and use the 1 keeper for both games, however the draft schedule has both 10's teams playing at the same time.

For the 9's, I am not 100% on this, but from what I heard, A coach had been sourced from a community team who was bringing over several players from that team. He had a late change of heart and the players (his son & friends) pulled out as well.
    I have absolutely no idea how many boys are needed though.
    The 9's definitely have 2 teams.

[/QUOTE]For the 9's, I am not 100% on this, but from what I heard, A coach had been sourced from a community team who was bringing over several players from that team. He had a late change of heart and the players (his son & friends) pulled out as well.
    I have absolutely no idea how many boys are needed though.
    The 9's definitely have 2 teams.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the new coach got their first taste of the new management style at Jaffas.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Sounds like the new coach got their first taste of the new management style at Jaffas.
    Or he didn’t realise how much time he was going to have to commit to. But, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    Last edited by Aegon; 19-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Or he didn’t realise how much time he was going to have to commit to. But, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    1 week with RH is enough to make any coach run 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Hey Aegon what’s happening with Jaffa’s 9/10s SAP, advertising for players on their page today? Don’t they only have 1 team and are chasing 2/4 players this late in the year?
    Couple of TDs told me the quality of 9s this year is thin. & jaffas struggling to get 2 teams plus new lambton only got 1 says something. Any other clubs struggling with numbers in 9s?

newcastle olympic establishes its own newcastle olympic football academy

Newcastle Olympic wishes to announce the establishment of the Newcastle Olympic Football Academy (NOFA). The Academy (NOFA) will serve the needs of individual players regardless of age, team, or development phase. The training will be based on developing attributes that are consistent with NOFC’s philosophy and ethos regarding technical ability, work ethic, and personal character.

Interesting read - More and more clubs coming up with their own alternatives to the TSP. Are the clubs unhappy with the results being shown?

Edit - Fixed the link
    Last edited by Aegon; 21-02-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Newcastle Olympic establishes its own Newcastle Olympic Football Academy

Newcastle Olympic wishes to announce the establishment of the Newcastle Olympic Football Academy (NOFA). The Academy (NOFA) will serve the needs of individual players regardless of age, team, or development phase. The training will be based on developing attributes that are consistent with NOFC’s philosophy and ethos regarding technical ability, work ethic, and personal character.

Interesting read - More and more clubs coming up with their own alternatives to the TSP. Are the clubs unhappy with the results being shown?
    cant open that link. are Olympic chasing that Jobe Wheelhouse $$$????

Banned
    Similar to what the Jaffas have for their youth.

Yes. competing with other junior coaching "academies"

Fixed the link sorry mate.

newcastle olympic establishes its own newcastle olympic football academy

Edit - Fixed the link
    TSP has only just started for under nines so would be unfair to suggest that's the reason for that age. I think we should be asking why has this taken so long for clubs to implement these programmes and why is the price so high? TSP I was told last year $200-$300 for the season, these are talking about that price for an 6-10 week cycle. Also the players just training with the same kids as they train with so isn't this just another Skill Acquisition Session at an inflated price?

The best players from one club training with the best players of the others clubs (if NNSW have selected these for TSP) on the best facilities has to be better. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    The best players from one club training with the best players of the others clubs (if NNSW have selected these for TSP) on the best facilities has to be better. Right?
    In theory, yes.

In practice, I'm not sold yet, with the lack of leadership at NNSWF i think the extra coaching on offer at Olympic, Magic, Jaffas, etc is probably just as good if not better than what is on offer at NNSWF. Price difference is negligible.

I should clarify that the Jaffas program isn't run by any of the age group coaches and is $90 per term.

I should clarify that the Jaffas program isn't run by any of the age group coaches and is $90 per term.
    So NPL coaches running jaffas Tsp? If true thats great

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    TSP has only just started for under nines so would be unfair to suggest that's the reason for that age. I think we should be asking why has this taken so long for clubs to implement these programmes and why is the price so high? TSP I was told last year $200-$300 for the season, these are talking about that price for an 6-10 week cycle. Also the players just training with the same kids as they train with so isn't this just another Skill Acquisition Session at an inflated price?

Yeah, agree with this. Isn’t that wot RH was doing at NF over the yrs? Is that gonna carry on now he gone?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    So NPL coaches running jaffas Tsp? If true thats great
    It's pretty close

Banned
    Draft draw out. Havent seen it. Still trying to find grounds for some rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Draft draw out. Havent seen it. Still trying to find grounds for some rounds.
    So Speers Point ain’t good enough anymore??? It can’t be booked out with the prices northern charge

The draft draw is up on SportsTG website:

https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...c=0-8304-0-0-0
    Last edited by Aegon; 25-02-2020 at 07:00 PM.

The draft draw is up on SportsTG website:

https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...c=0-8304-0-0-0
    So Wallsend got two teams in both 9s and 10s this year. Must have got a big walk up on trials. Maybe $600 fees paying off good?

West Wallsend and Cooks Hill new in 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    So Speers Point ain’t good enough anymore??? It can’t be booked out with the prices northern charge
    May also have something to do with the increase in teams, and use of Northern's other teams now they are all in Sydney

And since Northern own the grounds and manage the Comp surely they can ensure it is affordable enough for their own competitions.