Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ah yes 😜. Mate I just got sick of hearing about this page and people talking about me and the boys. So had to see for myself and if they would come out and stop hiding behind fake names. I’m approachable and if they think they know more and can do a better job name yourself and let’s see 🤷*♂️
    I need a new assistant as the last one has work commitments and can’t help me anymore.
    Probably got sick of hearing about Liverpool 😲😲

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Probably got sick of hearing about Liverpool 😲😲
    Hahaha you can never get sick of hearing about Liverpool 😉 he was also a Liverpool fan, I think 🤔 🤣

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Nice to meet ya John. Im Bill and I dont coach anyone any more. Used to do a bit at Argenton but work got in the way. I aint hiding behind nothing - everry1 on here is the same. Only this week people been naming themself!!

I dont you know but I seen yr team play & they r very good. I just asked a question about positions. I been backing magic on here for months until yr mate Ya Ya started up. I got kids who play and no how much work u coaches do. As I say i did it myself. We all on here to talk about the game so we sweet. I'll be yr assistant if you want. Yr mates Truey and Ya Ya can can assist me. LOL
    Hahah I don’t know this Ya Ya is but he seems to know a lot about magic as well, things I didn’t even know lol I might have to do some detective work to find out who it is. Anyway some of you know me by the sounds of it and you know I tell it like it is and have nothing to hide. I love a shit stir and some banter with the best of them but keep the banter on me and not the boys if that’s cool. They are only kids and there is some special players there for their age, I’m just lucky I have them in my team and hopefully I can help them achieve their goals with my experience of the game 👍

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Hahah I don’t know this Ya Ya is but he seems to know a lot about magic as well, things I didn’t even know lol I might have to do some detective work to find out who it is. Anyway some of you know me by the sounds of it and you know I tell it like it is and have nothing to hide. I love a shit stir and some banter with the best of them but keep the banter on me and not the boys if that’s cool. They are only kids and there is some special players there for their age, I’m just lucky I have them in my team and hopefully I can help them achieve their goals with my experience of the game ��
    Which team do you coach? When my young lad played your boys at Magic park you or the coach of the other team pulled my son aside and our teams goalie and told them how well they played. They boys were really happy to be recognised like that.
    Regardless I’ll come introduce myself when Jaffa’s and Magic play.

This forum is actually quite good if you can drown out some of the OTT comments.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Which team do you coach? When my young lad played your boys at Magic park you or the coach of the other team pulled my son aside and our teams goalie and told them how well they played. They boys were really happy to be recognised like that.
    Regardless I’ll come introduce myself when Jaffa’s and Magic play.

This forum is actually quite good if you can drown out some of the OTT comments.
    I coach the Red team bud, and we did that often last year because I appreciate talented kids and they deserve to be praised by opposing coaches when they do well. 👍

Are NL going to be training at Speers Point this yr? I no yr TD is part of the Northern coaching set up. Interested to no how involved Northern will be with NL SAP training
    Not this year, Northern is only getting clubs there twice this year with some compulsory session for coaches afterwards.

Do you know who from NNSWF is undertaking the sessions supervision and debrief?

I have been wondering who is NNSWF has been doing everything in the interim with Clayton & Leo moving on.
    Probably their Technical Advisor Neil Orr until they appoint a new TD

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Long time reader, first time commenting.

This is our first year for our young one being involved in the SAP program through one of the association run girls programs, in past years how have SAP teams being mainly Male driven found the involvement of the Girls within the program? Has it been a positive experience for the teams or seen as more step backwards in compete each play for the boys?
    At this age there isn't too much difference. Will be more beneficial for the girls though, make them tough for when they go into WPL. I find boys are more likely to cry at this age from getting hit than girls.

Was at Rockwell today & saw Bluebells 1st SAP games. 9s vs Wallsend close & competitive. 11s got toweled up by Edgy.

Any other games? Heard a few washed out.

Was at Rockwell today & saw Bluebells 1st SAP games. 9s vs Wallsend close & competitive. 11s got toweled up by Edgy.

Any other games? Heard a few washed out.
    Cooks Square was washed out yesterday so Maitland v Edgy in 9’s/10’s, Maitland v Olympic in 11’s & Jaffas v New Lambton in 10’s didn’t go ahead.
    Last edited by Aegon; 08-03-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Both Jaffas U9 teams played at Rockwell today, one team beat Cooks hill 7-4 and the other drew with New Lambton 5-5. Not bad for a group of boys that have only played about an hour of game time with each other.
    Last edited by Game_over; 08-03-2020 at 10:22 PM.

hi new to SAP been a long time forum reader.is it a good idea to posts scores?i didnt think they mattered at all.im more worried about the games i saw over the weekend where 2 teams playing side by side against apparently equal opposition were witches hats. it was seriously concerning the talent gap.if im paying the rego fees and my kids are that far behind id be talking to the club about the point of being in the program.

also i think the refereeing is going to be an issue.from games that i saw the young kids doing it were using a different set of rules to what has now been introduced.not a great look and going to cause some issues.not the young refs fault but the blokes in charge would be best served giving them the correct information before sticking them out in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    hi new to SAP been a long time forum reader.is it a good idea to posts scores?i didnt think they mattered at all.im more worried about the games i saw over the weekend where 2 teams playing side by side against apparently equal opposition were witches hats. it was seriously concerning the talent gap.if im paying the rego fees and my kids are that far behind id be talking to the club about the point of being in the program.
    The scores aren't really the focus of the program as nothing is officially recorded. However nearly every kid who played knows the exact score at the end of the game.
    As long as the coaching focuses on development and not the end "result" I don't think it really matters whether scores are communicated or not.

With the disparity in teams, after round 11 NNSWF will structure the draw into a weaker and stronger draw to try and avoid these lopsided games.

On a positive note, the lopsided results tend to be more prevalent early in the 9's. As the kids develop the kids tend to balance out and the games get more competitive.

also i think the refereeing is going to be an issue.from games that i saw the young kids doing it were using a different set of rules to what has now been introduced.not a great look and going to cause some issues.not the young refs fault but the blokes in charge would be best served giving them the correct information before sticking them out in the middle.
    It is definitely an ongoing issue. All the game leaders in SAP are volunteers, but it looks like there are different interpretations or at least ways in which the rules are being communicated through to the people leading the games.
    The main inconsistencies seems to always be around the drop off rule & offsides. Also, one of the other things I hate seeing is the game leader coaching their team on the field.

The scores aren't really the focus of the program as nothing is officially recorded. However nearly every kid who played knows the exact score at the end of the game.
    As long as the coaching focuses on development and not the end "result" I don't think it really matters whether scores are communicated or not.

With the disparity in teams, after round 11 NNSWF will structure the draw into a weaker and stronger draw to try and avoid these lopsided games.

On a positive note, the lopsided results tend to be more prevalent early in the 9's. As the kids develop the kids tend to balance out and the games get more competitive.
    i was meaning is it a good idea for parents to be posting kids scores on the forum.im ok with however the kids process that info on gameday.the lopsided games i saw were U/11.thats what made me wonder what has been happening at some clubs for the last 3 years.

It is definitely an ongoing issue. All the game leaders in SAP are volunteers, but it looks like there are different interpretations or at least ways in which the rules are being communicated through to the people leading the games.
    The main inconsistencies seems to always be around the drop off rule & offsides. Also, one of the other things I hate seeing is the game leader coaching their team on the field.
    the refs i saw yesterday were young kids who looked like they were doing a refs course out at the facility.they were doing a good job but our club had sent rules around for every parent to read and the offside rule and free kick rules were interpreted differently to what the rule sheet said.there were parents on both sides wondering what was going on.no one carried on because it wasnt really affecting the result but in close games if the referee doesnt know the proper rule people are going to have an issue and it wont really be the referees fault.there was a guy there talking to the referees before during and after the game but it didnt look like he knew the rule changes either.

the refs i saw yesterday were young kids who looked like they were doing a refs course out at the facility.they were doing a good job but our club had sent rules around for every parent to read and the offside rule and free kick rules were interpreted differently to what the rule sheet said.there were parents on both sides wondering what was going on.no one carried on because it wasnt really affecting the result but in close games if the referee doesnt know the proper rule people are going to have an issue and it wont really be the referees fault.there was a guy there talking to the referees before during and after the game but it didnt look like he knew the rule changes either.
    Ya, thats definitely weird. I've never seen game leaders be provided at the facility before and it makes sense that some of the interpretations would be different. the 9/10's SAp rules are different than the 11's rules which are different to NPL. Who knows which rule book they were working off?

i was meaning is it a good idea for parents to be posting kids scores on the forum.im ok with however the kids process that info on gameday.the lopsided games i saw were U/11.thats what made me wonder what has been happening at some clubs for the last 3 years.
    I think the 11's have 3-4 super strong clubs where the 60 min games might make the scoreline very lopsided.
    The 10's don't seem to be as unbalanced and it's still way too early to tell whats happening in the 9's.

I'd hope that if the game is getting too out of control that a coach would swap some player roles around like defense is now attack and vice versa.

I think the 11's have 3-4 super strong clubs where the 60 min games might make the scoreline very lopsided.
    The 10's don't seem to be as unbalanced and it's still way too early to tell whats happening in the 9's.

I'd hope that if the game is getting too out of control that a coach would swap some player roles around like defense is now attack and vice versa.
    As a result of some of the trial matches and one of our U11's results yesterday - Our TD has sent out instructions as to what to do when the score is getting out of control. It revolves around how to get something for both teams out of the rest of the game.

Based on our first half yesterday we looked in need of some of the measures - but some corrections at halftime saw us come back to level it up.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Our TD has sent out instructions as to what to do
    when youre flogging someone or getting flogged? Im not sure what the TD wants teams to do.because i watched a team yesterday who were putting a few away but continued to play really good football.it was great training for them and they werent trying to just run up and score.because one day soon theyll come up against a really good team and all those extra reps will do them good.

when youre flogging someone or getting flogged? Im not sure what the TD wants teams to do.because i watched a team yesterday who were putting a few away but continued to play really good football.it was great training for them and they werent trying to just run up and score.because one day soon theyll come up against a really good team and all those extra reps will do them good.
    When you're the dominant team.
    Whilst agreeing with you in principle, I'd argue that scoring double digit goals against an opposition that is just no longer in the contest is not great for learning outcomes (for either side).

My team learnt their lesson yesterday after going 4 down by halftime. Other teams will learn their lessons differently.