Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Name change from SAP to Premier Competition. tick

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Good on ya champ!

Does NL ask coaches to have a minimum level coaching ticket for SAP? Our club requires only the Skill Training Certificate. We would of course love to have C Licensed coaches but it is such a big commitment both time and financially that I don't ever see it happening.

We are not one of the bigger clubs, so interested to know what other clubs require of their coaches?

A
    The club my girlfriend's son is at has one coach in the U9 with a C-Licence and the U10 has the skill training, apparently they try to get C-Licnece but speaking to the U9 coach he says difficult to find for all grades but all coaches must have the Skill Training Certificate and then get helped by other coaches and the TD.

Know next year the U11 team will have a C-Licence Youth coach and the U9 and U10 coaches will have Skill Training. The U12 coach they have slated should they get the numbers will have Skill as well but his assistant will have C-Licence Senior (one of the senior coaches is helping him out).

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    They've talked about this since day 1 of SAP.Problem is they cant do it pre-season as there is too much player movement then once the season starts its logistically all too hard to re-draw/allocate grounds.i woudnt be relying on it actually happening next year.
    Apparently they want scores recorded from 9s to 12s next year though they won't be made public. Hopefully the reason they are doing it is to regrade all the teams halfway through the season so that those teams that dominate every week come up against competition and those that get smashed every week come up against competition they may be able to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    The only disappointment (and yea, first world problems) is that Adamstown again switched entire teams at half time.
    That's interesting, we played Adamstown and they didn't do that (maybe both teams were playing at same time at different locations).

I do know Edgy will choose their teams based on who they are playing. Was disappointing to see, we played one Edgy team and only just lost out to them (6-5 or something like that) yet played the "other team" a week or two later and saw some of the same players in the team. They for some reason sent us the weaker side and it wasn't really a challenge for our side, I know goals aren't counted but it was something like 8-1 at half time. Should just try and get teams even and keep them that way for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's interesting, we played Adamstown and they didn't do that (maybe both teams were playing at same time at different locations).

I do know Edgy will choose their teams based on who they are playing. Was disappointing to see, we played one Edgy team and only just lost out to them (6-5 or something like that) yet played the "other team" a week or two later and saw some of the same players in the team. They for some reason sent us the weaker side and it wasn't really a challenge for our side, I know goals aren't counted but it was something like 8-1 at half time. Should just try and get teams even and keep them that way for the year.
    Hey buddy, they future of SAP is at Valentine FC. That is the club with the best supporter and the nicest trees.
    Jeepers creepers yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Hey buddy, they future of SAP is at Valentine FC. That is the club with the best supporter and the nicest trees.
    Jeepers creepers yeah!
    Best if you keep arguments from other threads in those threads champ.

Best if you keep arguments from other threads in those threads champ.
    Do you want to meet for coffee and discuss your best route out of the quicksand? Valentine in going to appoint a new SAP TD soon that will rock the foundations of football in this entire region.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Do you want to meet for coffee and discuss your best route out of the quicksand? Valentine in going to appoint a new SAP TD soon that will rock the foundations of football in this entire region.
    Well they need it, but it isn't SAP they have the problems with.

Apparently they want scores recorded from 9s to 12s next year though they won't be made public. Hopefully the reason they are doing it is to regrade all the teams halfway through the season so that those teams that dominate every week come up against competition and those that get smashed every week come up against competition they may be able to beat.
    i totally understand this way of thinking.my only concern is this (and im going to use team examples here, please everyone dont bite back im trying to make a bigger point).
    Ive been involved with SAP since the start so see a lot of the 11's at the moment.its clear clubs ike Olympic,Magic,Edgy and Jaffas are 4 of the stronger clubs.If you look at their 10 and 9 as well they are also well prepared.If you look at NPL 13 and up those same 4 clubs are usually in 4 of the top 5 in every grade every year.If we remove clubs like Adamstown and Lakes from having to play these 4 teams in SAP, do we make these clubs better?Do we let them beat teams every week in the B division or do we make them confront the standard bearers of the program more consistently so that by the time they get to 13's they know whats coming?I just feel like we should confront our shortcomings from the age of 9 rather than waste those years and get exposed at 13's.
    now, i totally understand that for every club/coach and kid that gets motivated by getting flogged every week, you lose good kids from the game, so there is no one perfect route.id just rather kids/parents/coaches and clubs know whats expected from day 1 in under 9's rather than shield them a bit from what will inevitably hit them once all NPL clubs are graded together from 13.

NNSW football staff should have been looking at teams from day 1 2018 to coordinate this. There are parents and the players who can gauge and stream teams in all ages groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    NNSW football staff should have been looking at teams from day 1 2018 to coordinate this. There are parents and the players who can gauge and stream teams in all ages groups.
    So what's the reason for taking scores put not publishing them?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    i totally understand this way of thinking.my only concern is this (and im going to use team examples here, please everyone dont bite back im trying to make a bigger point).
    Ive been involved with SAP since the start so see a lot of the 11's at the moment.its clear clubs ike Olympic,Magic,Edgy and Jaffas are 4 of the stronger clubs.If you look at their 10 and 9 as well they are also well prepared.If you look at NPL 13 and up those same 4 clubs are usually in 4 of the top 5 in every grade every year.If we remove clubs like Adamstown and Lakes from having to play these 4 teams in SAP, do we make these clubs better?Do we let them beat teams every week in the B division or do we make them confront the standard bearers of the program more consistently so that by the time they get to 13's they know whats coming?I just feel like we should confront our shortcomings from the age of 9 rather than waste those years and get exposed at 13's.
    now, i totally understand that for every club/coach and kid that gets motivated by getting flogged every week, you lose good kids from the game, so there is no one perfect route.id just rather kids/parents/coaches and clubs know whats expected from day 1 in under 9's rather than shield them a bit from what will inevitably hit them once all NPL clubs are graded together from 13.
    If Adamstown and Lakes SAP teams are going to get flogged then put them with other teams, those players if they don't improve won't be coming up against NPL teams in 13s. The entire SAP competition is from clubs in NewFM and NPL, my girlfriend's son is in a SAP side in a NewFM team they have lost 3 games this year one to an Edgy team (by one goal), one to a Jaffas team (by 2 goals) and one to a Jets girls side. They have flogged another Edgy team, beaten a Magic side, dominated against Adamstown and Weston. Put them and other in one group and the lower teams in the other one. They will learn how to lose but also how to win and develop so when they are in 13s they will be playing in a competition suited to their ability anyway. And just because you aren't in a SAP side from an NPL team now doesn't mean you will never play NPL

So what's the reason for taking scores put not publishing them?
    dunno. Maybe causes pissing contests all over town with artificial tables is my only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Or maybe it’s so teams don’t get flogged by 15-20 goals. Some of you dads have no idea whatsoever and shouldn’t be on forums. Why is it a bad thing to record scores and pool the better teams together? I don’t pay $1000 rego to watch lop sides games where both teams get nothing out of it. You pool the teams into 2 groups and the better teams play each other and lesser play each other. When the better teams from lower group start getting better they come up and if there are teams in harder comp are losing often then maybe they go down. How the hell can you morons find a negative in that? Starting to think you are mums and not dads with the amount of gossip and bitching that goes on in here.
    Did read the previous conversation? Instead of being an dipsh*t and not generalizing about "dads" having simple opinions youll notice that the consensus is to have the stronger teams playing against each other and thus not wasting your dole cheque. Were you dropped from a donkey at birth or did you develop simpletons disease on your own?

How about you leave so the rest of the normal people can chat about football stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Did read the previous conversation? Instead of being an dipsh*t and not generalizing about "dads" having simple opinions you'll notice that the consensus is to have the stronger teams playing against each other and thus not wasting your dole cheque. Were you dropped from a donkey at birth or did you develop simpletons disease on your own?

How about you leave so the rest of the normal people can chat about football stuff.
    62 pages of SAP forum goodness... i'll summarise it in 5 sentences...

1. If you're getting beat by 20-30-40 goals, deal with it, don't expect mercy or compassion from your opponents, footballs don't have feelings.
    2.If you're child's team, leaves the field crying because they got smashed deal with it, it's impossible to engineer a solution for "optimum development", or so that "all games are competitive", the current proposal is a step in the right direction.
    3. Just let the kids have fun, no one is a striker, defender from U9's right through to first grade, all these precious parents crying about positions and formations is hilarious, support your kids to be good "footballers" and cherish any time on the park in any position.
    4. Winning is development, someone has to lose and players will move clubs to join "winning teams" deal with it, just like parents move house to be in zone of "good schools", what example are you setting for your child?
    5. If you have all the ideas, contact a club and coach a team. It will quite quickly become evident what a hinderance helicopter parenting can be to your child's love of the game, the club, and competition. Some of the most abhorrent behaviour I have seen from spectators/ parents is in the SAP space.

Or maybe itÂ’s so teams donÂ’t get flogged by 15-20 goals. Some of you dads have no idea whatsoever and shouldnÂ’t be on forums. Why is it a bad thing to record scores and pool the better teams together? I donÂ’t pay $1000 rego to watch lop sides games where both teams get nothing out of it. You pool the teams into 2 groups and the better teams play each other and lesser play each other. When the better teams from lower group start getting better they come up and if there are teams in harder comp are losing often then maybe they go down. How the hell can you morons find a negative in that? Starting to think you are mums and not dads with the amount of gossip and bitching that goes on in here.
    ok, i wont address the name calling because ive got better things to do.but i will answer your questions.

Using typical 20 teams per grade as an example ranked 1-20 on skill level/previous results etc.
    Team 10 will play the best teams every week. go look at who the 10th team is in the age group you watch. How many games will they 'win' against the 9 best? In my sons age group id safely say probably 2 or 3. even if they jagged a couple of results their parents are still paying $1000 rego every year to get beat way more than they win. which is exactly the thing you complained about. Whereas team 11 probably wins the majority of games even though they are 'not as good' as team 10.
    Teams 15-20 are going to get crushed every week regardless. then let alone when the time comes for them to all be pooled together in 13's. Clubs who had players in teams 11-20 are going to be way behind the level expected. All im saying is that by exposing kids to the level expected from age 9 its going to hopefully get them up to speed earlier or maybe make them reconsider whether SAP is what they want. The idea of SAP is not to bring 250 kids up to 13's and have teams realise they arent good enough. SAP is designed to get 250 kids into 13's at a level that was better than the previous generation.All ive ever said is that if they know the standard from age 9 we all have a better chance of the 13's being ready.

this is why just ranking the success of teams based on results at these ages is (imho) short sighted. , and again, there is a ranked comp for kids that age.plenty of kids from that comp will go on to play NPL youth, no one has ever said its SAP or nothing.

I can totally see the other side of this argument, i just dont happen to agree with that method, especially on the way we've been sold what the SAP program is supposed to be about. You would do well to look at things from many angles before getting on here calling people names. we all might learn something.

Well this reply near gave me a stroke reading that awful grammar. If a cared about offending uneducated fools like you I wouldn’t comment on here. You wouldn’t know football from ice hockey so best you leave the group.
    Lol. You a bit offended. Go back and finish yr7 dullard.

Or maybe it’s so teams don’t get flogged by 15-20 goals. Some of you dads have no idea whatsoever and shouldn’t be on forums. Why is it a bad thing to record scores and pool the better teams together? I don’t pay $1000 rego to watch lop sides games where both teams get nothing out of it. You pool the teams into 2 groups and the better teams play each other and lesser play each other. When the better teams from lower group start getting better they come up and if there are teams in harder comp are losing often then maybe they go down. How the hell can you morons find a negative in that? Starting to think you are mums and not dads with the amount of gossip and bitching that goes on in here.
    Which is exactly what this "Dad" said I hope what they will be doing and why they are taking scores

Also sorry Jim, read your comment wrong when you said Northern should have been looking at teams from day 1 I thought you said Northern have been looking at team from day 1

Which is exactly what this "Dad" said I hope what they will be doing and why they are taking scores

Also sorry Jim, read your comment wrong when you said Northern should have been looking at teams from day 1 I thought you said Northern have been looking at team from day 1
    Its ok. Most on here are just trying to improve our local football experience for the kids so that the area can be stronger and better equipped.

So what’s the gossip today dads/mums? Did little Robby’s team beat little Bobby’s team? Was the winner offside or onside? Did nnsw have a biased ref or was it the coaches fault for not making the right subs at the correct part of the game. Come on we need the weekend wrap I need to update my home made table.
    Hi Doopche,

Perhaps you could give us a wrap on the games you saw this weekend? I think it would be far better to add some value than just present a mocking tone. It's strange because in the short while I have been coming to this page you sometimes provide useful insights, and sometimes not. I much prefer the former.

I saw bits of a few games out at the facility on Saturday. Olympic 12s were very dominant against Edgy. I caught a little of the Jaffas younger SAP teams against Edgy which looked even and a little of Magic teams against a girls team and maybe a Lakes team. magic seemed to be dominant but I didn't see enough to know scores.

As I have said on here before the Olympic 12s are very good. And no, I'm not from Olympic! but our club has played them and they are excellent. They will take some beating next year in the 13s.

A