Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets for Syd FC v Jets Oct 13th

Tickets for Syd FC v Jets Oct 13th

Doesn't looks like tickets are available for this game yet. Gonna be sydney's first home and therefore Del Piero's first home game.

Will be massive, and I'm expecting a massive crowd as well. Want to get tickets ASAP. Anyone know when these tickets go on sale?

Banned
    Friday 14th September

Just wondering if they will consider moving this game to anz stadium? The ammount of popularity from Sydney fcs Facebook is going through the roof. Have a feeling this game could potentially attract a crowd over 40,000.

Juventus were actually going to play at anz stadium earlier this year for a farewell against del piero but it was called off http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...tch-called-off

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Just wondering if they will consider moving this game to anz stadium? The ammount of popularity from Sydney fcs Facebook is going through the roof. Have a feeling this game could potentially attract a crowd over 40,000.

Juventus were actually going to play at anz stadium earlier this year for a farewell against del piero but it was called off http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...tch-called-off
    no. if they get over 30,000 i will be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by au revoir View Post
    no. if they get over 30,000 i will be very surprised.
    this

sydney are talking up 2-3 times their normal crowds - that puts their 6k crowds up to 12-18k.

i will be genuinely surprised if any novo fan struggles to get a ticket to this
    OK

Sydney FC fans are the biggest whingers when it comes to games at ANZ for the socceroos, what do you think the backlash would be if their club moved this into WSW territory to a stadium they cant stand?
    And why would you give up a potential sellout and full stadium for tv to go to a stadium which they have no hope of filling with large empty bays and no atmosphere.

Seriously SD, think before you type.

The game they may consider moving is the derby against WSW which in Rd 3 is supposed to be at 22k capacity Parramatta Stadium.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Rnd 3 wont move. Rnd 2 wont move.

Tickets will be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Rnd 3 wont move. Rnd 2 wont move.

Tickets will be a breeze.
    agreed. there is no way they'll move the games just so they can talk about it the way liverpool fans talk about how good they were! lol

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post

Sydney FC fans are the biggest whingers when it comes to games at ANZ for the socceroos, what do you think the backlash would be if their club moved this into WSW territory to a stadium they cant stand?
    And why would you give up a potential sellout and full stadium for tv to go to a stadium which they have no hope of filling with large empty bays and no atmosphere.

The game they may consider moving is the derby against WSW which in Rd 3 is supposed to be at 22k capacity Parramatta Stadium.
    it wasn't far fetched at all. since when did the ffa care about what the fans want?

since when have the FFA been able or even tried to break club contracts with existing stadium deals?

Banned
    I am baffled as to why the first Sydney Derby is at Parra Stadium. Would have thought if ANZ was too big the first would have been held at the SFS to at least allow 40k in. Playing it at a 22k capacity seems short sighted but this is the FFA we are talking about so Short Sighted is part of their madness

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am baffled as to why the first Sydney Derby is at Parra Stadium. Would have thought if ANZ was too big the first would have been held at the SFS to at least allow 40k in. Playing it at a 22k capacity seems short sighted but this is the FFA we are talking about so Short Sighted is part of their madness
    It's a Western Sydney home game. Hence they won't play it at SFS which is firmly in Sydney FC's territory and it would be idiotic playing it at ANZ with 50,000 seats spare!

FFA have nailed it with Parramatta Stadium and due to capacity constraints it should be the HOTTEST ticket in town that weekend.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    since when have the FFA been able or even tried to break club contracts with existing stadium deals?
    i dare say it's happened before.

Would be more convenient for me as I have a 21st that night in the hills district. When they hosted la galaxy Beckham it was played at anz stadium aswell as when they played everton so its not the first time they have played at homebush. Atmosphere isnt too bad at homebush when a majority of the bottom bowel is full, the viewing is more of an issue however. Dont teams get a better money deal playing at anz stadium though?

Would be more convenient for me as I have a 21st that night in the hills district. When they hosted la galaxy Beckham it was played at anz stadium aswell as when they played everton so its not the first time they have played at homebush. Atmosphere isnt too bad at homebush when a majority of the bottom bowel is full, the viewing is more of an issue however. Dont teams get a better money deal playing at anz stadium though?

Not when they sign a 7 year contract with another stadium....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AcK0 View Post
    It's a Western Sydney home game. Hence they won't play it at SFS which is firmly in Sydney FC's territory and it would be idiotic playing it at ANZ with 50,000 seats spare!

FFA have nailed it with Parramatta Stadium and due to capacity constraints it should be the HOTTEST ticket in town that weekend.

I am aware SFS is Smurf territory but wouldn't the sensible thing have been to schedule the first derby either at ANZ for a Western Sydney "home" game or give the game to Smurfs as their "home" game and play it at SFS.

I am aware the tickets are gonna be red hot but why get 22k max when we should get 25k+ in a dawdle and may even get 30-50k??

NRL and ALF admin at least use their brains with fixtures. When two teams look like pulling a huge crowd they at least move it to a venue to let the punters in and avoid people being disappointed.

How pissed is a Smurfs fan who has soldiered through thick and thin with Smurfs gonna be if they can't get a ticket to the first ever Sydney derby when all these Westies who ignored the Sydney based club for 7 years come out of the woodwork and all the other Italian wannabes following the bandwagon are in there at Parra Stadium???

wut

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    wut
    Bowl I mean, however it is abit of a shithole though haha

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am aware SFS is Smurf territory but wouldn't the sensible thing have been to schedule the first derby either at ANZ for a Western Sydney "home" game or give the game to Smurfs as their "home" game and play it at SFS.

I am aware the tickets are gonna be red hot but why get 22k max when we should get 25k+ in a dawdle and may even get 30-50k??

NRL and ALF admin at least use their brains with fixtures. When two teams look like pulling a huge crowd they at least move it to a venue to let the punters in and avoid people being disappointed.

How pissed is a Smurfs fan who has soldiered through thick and thin with Smurfs gonna be if they can't get a ticket to the first ever Sydney derby when all these Westies who ignored the Sydney based club for 7 years come out of the woodwork and all the other Italian wannabes following the bandwagon are in there at Parra Stadium???
    The main reason is that during these "Fan forums" for WSW the overwhelming majority of supporters said no to ANZ. They want nothing to do with it, hence why they signed an exclusive deal with Parra Stadium. Better to fill Parra stadium rather than a one third full ANZ which will look and sound shit.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The main reason is that during these "Fan forums" for WSW the overwhelming majority of supporters said no to ANZ. They want nothing to do with it, hence why they signed an exclusive deal with Parra Stadium. Better to fill Parra stadium rather than a one third full ANZ which will look and sound shit.
    I've gone to rugby league games there and its had decent atmosphere for its size. However I do agree that empty seats look shit.