Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Joey 'JOWIC' Champness thread

The Joey 'JOWIC' Champness thread

Joey Champness is a 22-year-old former footballer, now rapper, who played for the Newcastle Jets.

Now get the f~ck out.

Joey who ?

Banned

Last edited by traffic light; 15-08-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Have some sympathy lads...

He obviously couldn't fit working on his music into that 6 hrs a day when he's not at training, or the six month off season he's paid to "prepare" for the other six months in.

We currently have 2 attacking players out indefinitely (jan-feb will easily turn into mar-apr).
    We're looking for replacements (or are we?)
    Now it's becoming even more evident how silly and unprofessional it was to let a contracted player go away... to have fun in America.
    About time someone at the club had the guts to tell him that his "music" is not that good. Even if he was able to make some money out of it... still not that good.
    He's much better with his feet.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you really have to admire the balls on this guy

giving up a job in one long shot bullshit business to pursue a career in an even longer shot, more bullshit business

some people just have too much self belief

(and not enough talent to pull it off)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    We currently have 2 attacking players out indefinitely (jan-feb will easily turn into mar-apr).
    We're looking for replacements (or are we?)
    Now it's becoming even more evident how silly and unprofessional it was to let a contracted player go away... to have fun in America.
    About time someone at the club had the guts to tell him that his "music" is not that good. Even if he was able to make some money out of it... still not that good.
    He's much better with his feet.
    So he doesn't want to be here, but you want to go and tell him he's an idiot and then drag him back to play for us?

Also, there's no reason to say he won't make it as an artist. Good on him for pursuing what he loves. Music is subjective and he doesn't have to be the next Ed Sheeran to earn enough money to do it full time.

Plus, anything is better than working under a filthy Gypo and being forced to endure the humiliation of playing in the A League.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Joey owes the fans nothing.
    Learn to live with the idea of people wanting to make themselves happy instead of prioritising you, a stranger, who really doesn't care about Joey the individual but only cares about Joey providing the joy that you are most probably too lazy to go out and do yourselves.

Actually he owes the fans a sick gypo diss track.
    That shits non negotiable.

I'm not saying he owes the fans anything.
    Did anyone force him to sign a contract as a professional footballer?
    I can hear the answer: "contracts are made to be broken".
    True... Where is the fee then?
    I don't think the matter was handled professionally: the club needed him and he was part of the plan. At this level, it's not just a game, it's a business. And contracts are part of the business.

And that "music" is shit anyway.

And I'm not criticizing his choices: he can do whatever he likes with his life.
    It's the club's responsibility to make sure this doesn't have a negative impact on the season.
    But here we are...

bro wet floor slaps shut ur mouth

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Actually he owes the fans a sick gypo diss track.
    That shits non negotiable.
    preach

And I'm not criticizing his choices: he can do whatever he likes with his life.
    It's the club's responsibility to make sure this doesn't have a negative impact on the season.
    But here we are...
    You said a thing, and then contradicted it straight away.

He wanted to leave and was released by the club accordingly, how can you blame the club for making sure we aren't paying someone wages who doesn't want to be here? Realistically you should have said the same thing about Vargas, Jair and Appiah. They are in the exact same situation as Jowic, the only difference is that Jowic isn't playing anymore and the others are playing elsewhere or in search of a deal.

Also, if you think our season is resting on the availabilty of Jowic we are well and truly buggered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Now now, it wouldn't be the foz if people didn't do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

He wanted to leave and was released by the club accordingly, how can you blame the club for making sure we aren't paying someone wages who doesn't want to be here? Realistically you should have said the same thing about Vargas, Jair and Appiah. They are in the exact same situation as Jowic, the only difference is that Jowic isn't playing anymore and the others are playing elsewhere or in search of a deal.

Also, if you think our season is resting on the availabilty of Jowic we are well and truly buggered.
    He wanted to leave - when he was contracted to the club (if that's not true, then you're right)
    As far as I know, Vargas, Jair and Appiah's contracts expired at the end of last season.
    See the difference here?
    It's the club's choice then, whether they mutually agree to end - or modify, in this case - the contract.
    To their disadvantage, I believe: of course the season is resting on the availability of good players, especially when other good players are going to be unavailable for a long time - aren't we talking about team sport here?

On the Coke already... #livingthedream

JOWIC.jpg

https://open.spotify.com/album/0yN3d...UqkhJ?replay=1
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    He's going places.

It's shit enough the 16y/o's will drool over it.

He wanted to leave - when he was contracted to the club (if that's not true, then you're right)
    As far as I know, Vargas, Jair and Appiah's contracts expired at the end of last season.
    See the difference here?
    It's the club's choice then, whether they mutually agree to end - or modify, in this case - the contract.
    To their disadvantage, I believe: of course the season is resting on the availability of good players, especially when other good players are going to be unavailable for a long time - aren't we talking about team sport here?
    Lawrie clarified Joey's status/contract in the latest podcast
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast