Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 FFA Cup Qtr Final | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Tue 17th Sept 2019 1930

Up to 3 months are you f&(*ing shitting me. What an absolutely trash game, peak vintage Jets ffs; and yes to top it all off the gypos limp over the line with a crappy goal right at the death.
    Hume had James Brown and Mitch Cooper running about, how bout that.

Arroyo looks like he'll be a real handful, but also looks like he couldn't hit the side of a barn.
    He is strong, had some good touches and worked his arse off which I like.

Wessi looked exceptional, he has so much quality.
    Of course we will now miss him for a large portion of the season and he'll likely not come back the same player, ffs why does this sound so familiar.

Overall though a pretty decent performance and Adelaide were lucky we were a man down and our best player broke, because they would have had a real match on their hands.
    They barely scraped by thanks to poor Mossys howler, just to rub salt right in to that gaping wound.

FFS.

Throw in incompetent unaccountable refereeing and nothing has changed.

Welcome to another season of officials through there inability to do there jobs properly eventually determining too many outcomes.

This competition will always remain a circus whilst the bloke in charge of the clowns goes unaccountable week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Hahaha. Never change Jerks, never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Bah....Ernie just had the shits.

Let's wait for the scans.

Season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Up to 3 months are you f&(*ing shitting me. What an absolutely trash game, peak vintage Jets ffs; and yes to top it all off the gypos limp over the line with a crappy goal right at the death.
    Hume had James Brown and Mitch Cooper running about, how bout that.

Arroyo looks like he'll be a real handful, but also looks like he couldn't hit the side of a barn.
    He is strong, had some good touches and worked his arse off which I like.

Wessi looked exceptional, he has so much quality.
    Of course we will now miss him for a large portion of the season and he'll likely not come back the same player, ffs why does this sound so familiar.

Overall though a pretty decent performance and Adelaide were lucky we were a man down and our best player broke, because they would have had a real match on their hands.
    They barely scraped by thanks to poor Mossys howler, just to rub salt right in to that gaping wound.

FFS.
    I don't know what you are worried about
    Be thankful the FFA are inept we only have a 6 month season to worry about

Imagine having a proper football season of 9/10 months supporting this rabble of shite

An update on Wessi please

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Hearing 12 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Probably in the waiting room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I am distressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I am distressed.
    How about this comment from Ernie about who we have that can fill the creative role -
    Merrick said there were "a number of players" Newcastle could slot into their forward line, including Angus Thurgate, Jason Hoffman and Kaine Sheppard, starting with Saturday's trial match against Sydney in Dubbo.
    Kill me now.

How about this comment from Ernie about who we have that can fill the creative role -
    He actually said they could fill in a front 3, because we can't replace Wes and so we'd look to move back to a 4-3-3 formation instead of playing two 10's. Literally the three paragraph's above your extract.

In his absence, Merrick said Newcastle would probably opt for a three-man strike force, instead of playing with two No.10s, as they have so far this pre-season.

"He's a bit special as a player, especially as a creative player," Merrick said.

"I'm not sure that we've got anyone that creative, but we've certainly got goalscorers up front that can play that role. It just means a slight change to the system that we're playing."
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 20-09-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

#fakenews has infiltrated the foz.

#Trump2020
    #MAGA

He actually said they could fill in a front 3, because we can't replace Wes and so we'd look to move back to a 4-3-3 formation instead of playing two 10's. Literally the three paragraph's above your extract.
    I am a bit confused what formation he sees us having played so far.

Against Edgeworth I would claim it was a front three with Wessi in behind as the lone 10, just that one of the front three was Dimi whom is naturally less wide than a normal right sided front three player. Unless he saw us playing two number 10s, no right sided forward, and Fitz either the second striker or an asymmetrical formation that had him left wing with no right wing?

Either way, we don't have two players who are naturally number 10s in Wessi & Dimi in our starting lineup for a few months, seemingly. So Dimi will almost definitely be the 10, with probably now Hoff to fill the right mid, Fitz to stay left, Arroyo stay top.

tl;dr we've been playing however sternly structured a 4-2-3-1 and will continue to do so, it's just with Wessi gone we aren't fitting Dimi into a differently-shaped hole anymore again (same as when Vargas was here).
    OK

Kill me now.
    Yep pauper budget = no depth

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I am a bit confused what formation he sees us having played so far.

Against Edgeworth I would claim it was a front three with Wessi in behind as the lone 10, just that one of the front three was Dimi whom is naturally less wide than a normal right sided front three player. Unless he saw us playing two number 10s, no right sided forward, and Fitz either the second striker or an asymmetrical formation that had him left wing with no right wing?

Either way, we don't have two players who are naturally number 10s in Wessi & Dimi in our starting lineup for a few months, seemingly. So Dimi will almost definitely be the 10, with probably now Hoff to fill the right mid, Fitz to stay left, Arroyo stay top.

tl;dr we've been playing however sternly structured a 4-2-3-1 and will continue to do so, it's just with Wessi gone we aren't fitting Dimi into a differently-shaped hole anymore again (same as when Vargas was here).
    I saw us playing 4-2-2-2, with the fullbacks providing the width against Edgy.

I saw us playing 4-2-2-2, with the fullbacks providing the width against Edgy.
    Interesting. Who was the second striker in that perceived lineup? Millar got forward way more than Hoff so was Dimi the second striker?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Interesting. Who was the second striker in that perceived lineup? Millar got forward way more than Hoff so was Dimi the second striker?
    Fitzy

Haha fair call, I have become what I hated, a reactionary spreader of misinformation.
    I am ashamed.

Not that this fills me with much more hope ... ! Which is good I guess, because it's the hope that gets you in the end.