Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 2 | CC Mariners v Newcastle Jets | Sat 19/10/19 1930

  1. #61
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    what game were you guys watching? Fitz and Millar both did well, looked to get the ball and barrel down a wing
    Arroyo's problem was they were constantly playing him the wrong ball. He's not Dukes ffs lobbing high balls for him to get with his back to goal and with two defenders on him isnt his game. He needs through balls and balls over the top of the defence for him to use his pace to run on to. We start giving him the right service he'll be fine.
    All those whinging about Ridenton, he was there because Kanta wasn't.
    We immediately looked better with Burns in that LB role, Johnny K should be next to Stevie UG when Kanta isnt available.
    Arroyo was not fit and it was so obvious and hindered his game. Millar was poor the first 30 mins. Ridenton didn't have to play Thurgate and Langois were fit

  2. #62
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,586
    NBN match wrap without the audio (hence not really a wrap up at all)
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/newcastl...oast201019.mp4
    They did have more on the game after the segment above but I can't see it on their site
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  3. #63
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,595
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    We immediately looked better with Burns in that LB role, Johnny K should be next to Stevie UG when Kanta isnt available.


    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  4. #64
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    what game were you guys watching? Fitz and Millar both did well, looked to get the ball and barrel down a wing
    Arroyo's problem was they were constantly playing him the wrong ball. He's not Dukes ffs lobbing high balls for him to get with his back to goal and with two defenders on him isnt his game. He needs through balls and balls over the top of the defence for him to use his pace to run on to. We start giving him the right service he'll be fine.
    All those whinging about Ridenton, he was there because Kanta wasn't.
    We immediately looked better with Burns in that LB role, Johnny K should be next to Stevie UG when Kanta isnt available.
    100% what I saw.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,809
    Once again the opening game of a season for us and Bert has learnt jack shite when it comes to selecting his LB,Johny K was never in the game.

    I said at the time i was underwhelmed at the signing of Ridenton and nothing has changed. The bloke is as weak as piss on the ball. I would back my 7 year old niece to disposess him of the ball and put him on his ass. Ridenton would have one of the worst completion rates for passes this league has ever seen. Why the f&*% we are wasting a visa spot on this player i will never know. I hear there are direct flights from up the road to get across the ditch these days then get him on one Stat !!!!!!. Sorry Bert we ain't got the resources to be playing favorites on blokes who are just not good enough.

    No secret i don't think Fitzgerald is good enough for this level after suiting up for half the clubs in the competition ( sorry Fitzy supporters but they are the facts ) but he was not our worst on the night, His instinct to just go forward was good but as we have seen with Fitzgerald club after club he is fast and that is it end of section. I agree totally with some of the sentiment toward Arroyo, Just because the bloke is tall does not mean high balls are the go all the time. I want him in a running race toward goal with ball on the ground turning around slow defenders who can't catch him all day.

    Anyways i think it was pretty clear without the footballing smarts of Hoolahan the sort of player who like Jeffers when he was here just see the game seconds before others and because of that vision can control the speed of the game we are going to struggle. If Bert is fair dinkum Johny K and Ridenton will be on the bench at best next weekend. A home game and a tired Adelaide this is not time for sentiment and favoritism Bert just put the best bloody 11 we have available on the park.

  6. #66
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,636
    Nick Fitzuseless played well??

    First half ball comes across the box he is 8 yards out central to goal and he takes a touch away from goal cutting the angle down and allowing a man to cover
    A REAL FOOTBALLER TAKES IT 1ST TIME

    Second half a cross comes to the back stick and he has the chance to bury a winner and he waits and waits and waits and waits and the shot is blocked
    The ball was lobbed into the box from the right by Miller from memory

    A REAL FOOTBALLER MOVES TO THE BALL AND TAKES IT EARLY


    This guy showed exactly why he has been rejected by 4 HAL clubs already

    He isn't good enough even for us

    The fact we have signed him is a glaring indictment on our level of ambition

    No drama if we gonna do things on the cheap but if that the case let's go find some young guy and give him a go like we did with Jowic or Johnny K rather than get some recycled player who ain't any good

    The bloke will have one decent game this season for us

    The rest of the time he will be an abject failure as he was last night

    Miller was as others have said poor to start with but as the game went on looked our most likely threat

    The chipped passes to Arroyo agree was shit

    But that we were guilty of all over the park
    FFS at one stage in the first half with the field spread Moss chipped one 40 yards to Sugar in the centre circle. Hospital pass putting it bluntly

    Ridentons passing ain't shit. It the best part of his game
    Last edited by MFKS; 20-10-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #67
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,586
    Ridentons passing ain't shit. It the best part of his game
    But his game is shit, so by logical extension it is correct to assert his passing is too, even if you spend most of your time watching it from between your fingers as some of us do because it's that bad...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  8. #68
    Thought NTS was close to our best. Millar warmed into it after a slow start, while Fitz was direct with the ball - something we desperately require. I honestly couldn't give a **** who played for the gypos, if someone puts on our shirt & gives it a red hot crack I'll get behind them regardless of their CV. It's a salary capped league, blokes go where they can get a job, we all would.

    It was our first game of the season, we got a point from our rivals away from home. CCM will be a decent middle tier side this year, they really should of taken points from WSW on the road who comfortably accounted for Victory away from home. We wasted a couple of opportunities? Shock me. They must all be shit. We aren't watching the EPL here.
    Last edited by Jetkel; 21-10-2019 at 01:34 PM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Thought NTS was close to our best. Millar warmed into it after a slow start, while Fitz was direct with the ball - something we desperately require. I honestly couldn't give a **** who played for the gypos, if someone puts on our shirt & gives it a red hot crack I'll get behind them regardless of their CV. It's a salary capped league, blokes go where they can get a job, we all would.

    It was our first game of the season, we got a point from our rivals away from home. CCM will be a decent middle tier side this year, they really should of taken points from WSW on the road who comfortably accounted for Victory away from home. We wasted a couple of opportunities? Shock me. They must all be shit. We aren't watching the EPL here.
    Agree 100% with everything you said apart from defending Ridenton

    I actually thought Fitzgerald did well. He didn't do anything amazing but he worked his arse off trying to get in the right spots.

  10. #70
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    3,992
    Fitzy's defensive work rate was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  11. #71
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Thought NTS was close to our best.
    agree here. we always do well with lumbering strikers that rely on balls getting lobbed into the box, its why we've always owned Simons gypo bitch ass.

    Thought Ridenton started well, thought Miller started really poorly.
    Didnt have a problem with Fitzgerald and thought the team made very little effort to get Arroyo into the game. he was out and about but man we went nowhere near his strengths. Everyone gonna blame Dimi for that, but i wont.

    Id almost have no prob with him trying Johnny K and Rideton at 6 and 8 and push Ugabooga up further and get Dimi out wide again. Ive more faith in Ugabooga finding Arroyo than anyone else on this team who isnt Wessi.
    in the end we didnt win, and we need to beat teams like the gypos to have any hope of finals.
    The same teams are gonna give us issues this year like Adelaide, Sydney, City and Phoenix. Add in Perth and there wont be too many spare spots at the end of the year.

    on the positive side Victory being utter trash this year and only having Robbie Kruse to call on for help is a real turn of events.

    Nabbout still gonna score 6 on us but anyway.

    Still undefeated though.
    Still winless though.
    Scored in every match.
    Cant keep a clean sheet.
    Wheres the damn panic button.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  12. #72
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,232
    Stevie G & Dimi were by far our best players IMO.

    Boogs and NTS were so, so classy and solid. It will be so hard, yet again, for Jackson to break those 2 up.

    I liked the output from both Millar & Fitz, and can definitely see the more they gel with the team the more they will both cause trouble for the opposition.

    I would assume most people would put a selection of Steve, Dimi, Millar and NTS if asked for a 3,2,1.

    Arroyo will be a wasted spot if we don't look to play him in behind, which we practically never did on Saturday.

    In the Jerkstream podcast Ernie mentioned Bobby Burns was on par with Vujica in being a fringe player currently, and that it would be between him & JohnnyK as starting left back. Judging off Johnny's performance on the wkend, if Ernie doesn't feel comfortable with Burns starting then I see our only reasonable move is to put Hoff back there.
    OK

  13. #73
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,636
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Stevie G & Dimi were by far our best players IMO.

    Boogs and NTS were so, so classy and solid. It will be so hard, yet again, for Jackson to break those 2 up.

    I liked the output from both Millar & Fitz, and can definitely see the more they gel with the team the more they will both cause trouble for the opposition.

    I would assume most people would put a selection of Steve, Dimi, Millar and NTS if asked for a 3,2,1.

    Arroyo will be a wasted spot if we don't look to play him in behind, which we practically never did on Saturday.

    In the Jerkstream podcast Ernie mentioned Bobby Burns was on par with Vujica in being a fringe player currently, and that it would be between him & JohnnyK as starting left back. Judging off Johnny's performance on the wkend, if Ernie doesn't feel comfortable with Burns starting then I see our only reasonable move is to put Hoff back there.
    Hoffman has to go back to Right Back

    It is scandalous playing Miller at FB with weaker players playing in front of him in the wide attacking roles
    The bloke is arguably our biggest threat going forward

    Having him at RW would see the rival Left Back never venture forward and their Left Wing would also be asked to run back a lot and assist

    Until we have a better option at RW then it is a crime to play Miller at RB


    Almost as dumb as that guy who played Leaky G at Left Back when he was the best player in our shitty side
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #74
    Millars going to be a quality fullback & a real threat for us. Not sure why you'd want to take him out of the position he was signed to play in & move him to an unfamiliar position after one game. A game where he played well, albeit after a nervy start, & our wingers also looked capable.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,809
    Winger not wingers , You know what i mean LOL.

  16. #76
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Millars going to be a quality fullback & a real threat for us. Not sure why you'd want to take him out of the position he was signed to play in & move him to an unfamiliar position after one game. A game where he played well, albeit after a nervy start, & our wingers also looked capable.
    Because he is our best option at RW

    Why would you play him at RB when you could have him more of a threat up the park and we have adequate options to play RB ??

    You play your best players where they can be most effective on the park for you
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Because he is our best option at RW

    Why would you play him at RB when you could have him more of a threat up the park and we have adequate options to play RB ??

    You play your best players where they can be most effective on the park for you
    What do you base that on? One game?

  18. #78
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    What do you base that on? One game?
    Just before you get truth bombed by the membah. You know Millar played in the league last year don't you? They may not have looked like it, but that team in yellow actually played in the HAL last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  19. #79
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just before you get truth bombed by the membah. You know Millar played in the league last year don't you? They may not have looked like it, but that team in yellow actually played in the HAL last year.
    pffffft.
    Jetkel is correct.
    Millar has played only one game in the HAL.
    We are the first club hes ever played for.


    Sorry Frodo but you've fallen for #fakenews
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  20. #80
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    pffffft.
    Jetkel is correct.
    Millar has played only one game in the HAL.
    We are the first club hes ever played for.


    Sorry Frodo but you've fallen for #fakenews
    Nope, he doesn't get away from his disgraceful past that easily. Until he single-handedly wins us the ACL he's a Gypo scumbag. Same goes for the rest of them. Anyone who says otherwise can go back to their relocatable home and think about what they've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •