Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Newysports and the fallout from Ty Stedman's convictions

  1. #61
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,745
    https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-u...exual-offences

    That is a summary from the NSW government from 2019

    If you scroll down a little you will see what it has to say on age of consent

    https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexual...ghts-australia
    2003 on the Leftist SBS sites Timeline of LGBT rights says when the field was evened out

    https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/age-consent-laws
    There is the federal government site who lists them all from around Australia



    Maybe you should invest in some other search engine bar Google WLG

    Because it all pretty easily accessible
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Lack of Remorse??

    The bloke has some ****ed up issues going on that most of us can't really grasp what he is dealing with because we ain't walked in his path
    Why you are worried about his level of remorse in a Facebook post is bizarre

    He just getting shit out in the open and off his chest. If anything it does take a degree of bravery to post the stuff he did. The repercussions for him outing himself as he did with that post are going to be a lot more steeper than he thinks

    As for your point about him being interested in people in u17s being that the age of consent in this country is 16 I don't see how old mate is doing anything wrong by being interested in those who are most likely 16 or 17 anyway.
    Well, it may seem silly that we are debating over a Facebook post, but here we are, and last I checked you were actively involved in the conversation as well. So ridiculous for me, ridiculous for you.

    Anyway. Each to their own. While I did see some acceptance and remorse, my overall feeling was that there was a lack of understanding, attempts to justify, excuses and by the sounds of it, not the first time. Without knowing details itís technically impossible to to know.

    For me, my only knowledge of this guy was newysports. When I first read about things it seemed like it was away from football, but when I read this, it linked these behaviours to his role at newysports and the access and power that it gave him. That didnít sit well with me that newysports, something throughout his posts he had been saying was some kind of good vs evil trade off was actually tarnished with those thoughts. A role which saw countless photographs being taken. So consent is an interesting point here. Iím sure consent was given for the photographs under the understanding that they were being used for newysports. For any other purpose there was no consent.


    He obviously has some issues and I hope he gets the help he needs. None of us really know the details. But heís posted on a public forum and has opened that statement up for comment and discussion. People are entitled to feel and react in different ways. I donít wish him harm. I hope he can rehabilitate.

    The positive is that itís prompting a lot of discussion about how easy it was to get trust and access. If it makes clubs think twice about somebody or implement WWCC, then thatís a positive.

  3. #63
    For those who have never done wrong or had an inappropriate thought, feel free to keep judging. For those who have publicly owned up to each and every failing in their life, feel free to keep judging. For those who know every element and understand what has happened in this particular case, including the actions and inner thoughts of this person, feel free to keep judging.
    I myself (without knowing the facts) wish anyone in this position to get whatever help they need, improve themselves, and not be harassed into doing something that could end in terrible consequences.
    I hate using social media to attack others. It has become a disgraceful tool in polarizing opinions without encouraging better understanding of why people have different views, and totally attacks freedom of opinions. But the ongoing reactions of some, most of whom I assume are also lacking all the facts of this case, are getting out of hand.

  4. #64
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,849
    this thread is getting a bit off topic and into some dangerous territory

    unless anyone has anything new to say or can give a compelling reason to keep it open, I suggest we delete it soon

    and in the interests of deleting this character from history, I may ban the word newysports - thoughts?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,536
    Just delete it.

  6. #66
    yep delete

  7. #67
    No problem deleting the thread. Banning a name or word is way over the top and too much "Big Brother".

  8. #68
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,745
    I am surprised it has lasted this long now

    I didn't see the thread till yesterday and I am surprised Mods left it up that long already
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  9. #69
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,258
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    unless anyone has anything new to say or can give a compelling reason to keep it open, I suggest we delete it soon
    It shouldn't have been created and posts moved to it in the first place.
    OK

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    428
    Delete it, no need to ban a word though.

  11. #71
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,791
    Just ban the Member for shits and giggles anyway.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Just ban the Member for shits and giggles anyway.
    Just unban him when he decides to do a sequel to his World Cup 2014 travel thread
    Middleby Gone

  13. #73
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,791
    He needs a ban because:
    1. This is the most empathetic and rational hes ever been in a thread.

    2. He's been luke warm in his praise for Ridenton when everyone else is bashing him. The real Member would have backed his boy all guns blazing.

    Disc-race.

  14. #74
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,849
    ok this thread has run it's course and the consensus seems to be to put this issue to rest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •