Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 4 | Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets | Fri 1/11/19 1930

If I didn't finish work at 6 I was gonna go

After last week's result with a quality referee that didn't buy into their bullshit, surely Sydney have sorted out the ref this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    After last week's result with a quality referee that didn't buy into their bullshit, surely Sydney have sorted out the ref this week.
    Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of..

Thurgate in for Fitzgerald is the only change. Not sure how you can watch last weeks game & come to the conclusion that’s the spot that needs the tweaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Thurgate in for Fitzgerald is the only change. Not sure how you can watch last weeks game & come to the conclusion that’s the spot that needs the tweaking...
    One less Gypo is always for the best. (I think we've only got 3 more left to go that I can think of.)

Also, he hasn't shown much quality in front of goal (neither have the others) so can't say it's a bad move technically.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Needs to improve his finishing for sure but gets in the right areas & our front 4 as a unit, while not being spectacular, seemed to have built a bit of understanding & cohesion. Thought we looked worse with him off last week, which imo would be the first thing I’d look at if making changes.

Burns for JK seemed a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Needs to improve his finishing for sure but gets in the right areas & our front 4 as a unit, while not being spectacular, seemed to have built a bit of understanding & cohesion. Thought we looked worse with him off last week, which imo would be the first thing I’d look at if making changes.

Burns for JK seemed a no brainer to me.
    Jk is a merrick fav as is Dimi and Ridenton, Anyone in those rolls only plays when their injured regardless of form
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Bert probs had a few dollars on the smurfs hence the selection of JK and Ridenton.

If Fitzgerald has not improved his finishing after playing for half the clubs in the A League he is not ever going to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Bert probs had a few dollars on the smurfs hence the selection of JK and Ridenton.

If Fitzgerald has not improved his finishing after playing for half the clubs in the A League he is not ever going to improve.
    True that. Although I don’t see anyone else being far superior unfortunately.

We had a LB in Vujica, now we have none. JK is as good as the other 3 options we have, which shows you how mediocre this squad is.

Also, Boogs showing his best within the first 30 seconds. You love to see it.

Solid start.

Well that was school boy defending from both team there.

Bobby Burns at HT again please or right now

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Bobby Burns at HT again please or right now
    I mean there's nothing to say he would do better, but there's also nothing to say he'd do worse. Don't forget, he's just a kid and hasn't played much football.

I mean there's nothing to say he would do better, but there's also nothing to say he'd do worse. Don't forget, he's just a kid and hasn't played much football.
    Umm the fact that he should more in one half then Johnny has in a long time

Dimi has zero chemistry with the rest of this team now. He isn't doing too bad, but he's not on the same wavelength as anyone else and it's hurting us. The midfield has to bypass him constantly as he's not where they are looking.

I'll change this to be specifically related to the centre of the park and not the attacking 3rd. He is finding players in the box ok.
    Last edited by Frodo; 01-11-2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: More specifically the centre of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Umm the fact that he should more in one half then Johnny has in a long time
    I didn't see anything better than JK. Didn't see anything worse, but he's not going to fix that defence. Kanta in for Boogs would be a better change. Or Hoffman switched with Millar. Millar is a worse defender than JK.

I didn't see anything better than JK. Didn't see anything worse, but he's not going to fix that defence. Kanta in for Boogs would be a better change. Or Hoffman switched with Millar. Millar is a worse defender than JK.
    Burns is a LB naturally Johnny is not so he will have that natural instinct to be in the right spot

this is great supporting argument to Members suggestion to get the gypo RB further forward.

because hes useless in defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Hahahahaha. Peak Hoffman there.