Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR or as I'd like to call it. Vuestra Alteza Real

VAR or as I'd like to call it. Vuestra Alteza Real

Seriously it needs to go. How many games are we up to when it's just been utter shite?

Even last nights games whilst it went our way. It's just wrecking the game.

VAR out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Seriously it needs to go. How many games are we up to when it's just been utter shite?

Even last nights games whilst it went our way. It's just wrecking the game.

VAR out.
    Isn't VAR your top scorer this season? Surely without him you'd be in the relegation spots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Isn't VAR your top scorer this season? Surely without him you'd be in the relegation spots?
    Just goes to show that I recognise shite when I see it.

the 2nd goal to Salah looked lineball did they even go look at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the 2nd goal to Salah looked lineball did they even go look at it?
    I saw it after with a poppy wearing panel analysing all incidents (Owen, McManaman + 1)
    Looked ok from the VAR image they showed. No armpit anywhere near the thin line of stupidity...

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I saw it after with a poppy wearing panel analysing all incidents (Owen, McManaman + 1)
    Looked ok from the VAR image they showed. No armpit anywhere near the thin line of stupidity...
    Yeah I just fount it weird nothing was said about it at the time. At the first replay commentator said "hint of offside" so I was expecting it to go to the booth.
    They either didn't have review it or did immediately and didn't announce it.
    Commentators def didn't mention it at the time.

Halftime the boffins on the panel showed it was onside.

As I said in the other thread, refs got all the big calls wrong. No need for VAR.

Banned
    2 handballs and that offside looked suspect too

Liverpool bought Sydney FCs golden pass have they??

2 handballs and that offside looked suspect too

Liverpool bought Sydney FCs golden pass have they??
    First handball could have gone either way im happy with the ref to call it (although they never really looked into it coming off Bernardo Silvas hand first who mutes all arguments).
    2nd handball never in a million years, especially as they explained post match that the FA have a different interpretation to UEFA in regards to handballs reviewable by VAR. Under the FA regs, it is not a handball.
    The offside looked tight, but was proven onside.

Sterlings multiple dives werent rewarded either which is good and correct because he was flat out cheating for a call.

regardless, your point is legit, Liverpool have had a LOT of calls go their way so far, and Citeh have copped some horrors.

Theyd better make it all worth it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

What a dogs breakfast this morning - all pen decisions appeared wrong to me.

What is the point anymore?
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

ManchestVAR United?

Poor Brighton, deserved a point. Silly move at the end undoes 96 minutes of hard work.

I've given up watching full games - this VAR crap and I have no idea what is a handball anymore. Three decisions in four games and I still don't understand what I saw.

The spirit of the game has been killed off. Football was popular in the 20th century because it had 12 simple rules.

Going the way of the rugby codes and cricket shortform with constantly changing rules.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Its pretty simple - if your arm is away from your torso or above your shoulder its a pen. Unfortunately its taken the "intentional" vs "accidental" debate out of it, any contact is now deemed handball.
    Which is ridiculous, the one in the Spurs vs Toon game in stoppage time the player penalised had no idea where the ball was after it ricocheted off big AC's giant forehead as his momentum had him facing away from the ball.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Yehhh they tried to make it more objective because you can’t really read the players mind and tell if it was intentional or not.

Saw 2 in palace game. Good decision not to award first. Second was 50/50 as his hand was away from body. Think that should be a refs call. If he thought it was a pen live, give it. If he didn’t, don’t.

Then Brighton game when Maupay jumps and attempts a charge down, no play at the ball, easy decision.

I don’t know how they can improve the rule really.
    I feel sorry for the ones where 2 players jump to head the ball like Furns said in the spurs toon game. Hands fly everywhere. Especially when it’s in the furthest spot from the goal on the edge of 18.

At least it’s objective when based on arm position. I think there’s too much subjective ness to be consistent to determine accidental or not.
    I thought proximity was meant to be accounted for also though?
    It’s a hard rule to please everyone.

Like the offside rule constantly changing interpretation with being passive, needing to touch ball, etc.

The rule for 100 years was the hand deliberately moving towards the ball with intent. End of.....how hard is that to judge?

Mind you, back in the day you were lucky to see more than 1 or 2 pens in a season. I think Souness is right....this stuff is designed to bring more goals and the FIFA generation love it.

I'm a Newcastle fan and even I think that decision is appalling.

Rumours that some teams are already having sessions where they practice putting their foot on the ball and flick it up to an arm.

Just tried it in the backyard - I'm in my 50s and it wasn't that hard. Just have to time it right and not take too long.

Suarez used to do that. Would isolate the defender and flick it up and into them.

West Brom gonna be feeling very hard done by.
    WBA Awarded a pen for contact. Reviewed. Overturned based on a very questionable angle. Commentators adamant it was a pen also.
    Then 2 minutes later, MU awarded a pen for handball after mata clips it into a hand that is reasonably close to the body/face.
    Keep saves pen, player gets barged into advertising. Free kick given. But wait, keeper moved off his line while everyone’s watching the replay. Retaken and scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Much depends on perception. There are strong athletes who are absolutely not perceived by the public. And the results of such athletes seem to be an accident, not the result of labor. There are cases when the person himself is unpleasant.