Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR or as I'd like to call it. Vuestra Alteza Real

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I have no idea what this spam bot is attempting here but it's kind of interesting to read their garbage posts

I'll let it go for a bit longer, or until it does something stupid, and then delete

crazy times that we get this on our godforsaken forum

Curious about City’s first goal.
    He was offside when the initial ball was played forward, mings takes a single touch, player comes back onside to win ball.
    City turn, pass, score.
    Does he not gain an advantage and become involved with play? Or is a single touch enough to counteract City’s clearance forward?

Is it interpretation as to when the “phase” of city clearing ball forward and when villa are deemed to have control of the ball and it’s fair game.

Southampton very unlucky.
    That’s a handball for mine. Arm away from body, shot on goal, player gains an advantage by having his arm in that position and denies a shot on target.
    The only thing about the offside is that I think the AR flagged offside. I’d love to see their testing stats/margin for error on these 3D draw lines across the field. Like, I’d be genuinely impressed if these tight calls are 100% accurate.

I like that the AR flagged though. And last night in MacArthur game the player scored, and the AR correctly flagged it offside afterwards. VAR confirmed offside. Wonder if this is a new directive.
    I can’t remember too many instances of allowing play to go on, goal scored, then flagging offside. Feel like they used to just let VAR deal with it.

Not really VAR problem but that WBA and Brighton game. What a clusterf***.
    Free kick. Ref blows whistle to let them take it while keeper setting up wall. Takes kick. Goes in as ref blows whistle again.
    Goal disallowed.
    Ref thinks about it. Then awards it.
    Then VAR overuled because the ball wasn’t over the line when ref blew his whistle again.
    Free kick was retaken.

Some quality VAR action in the Dortmund/Seville Champions League game this morning.

https://twitter.com/optussport/statu...577194502?s=21

sublime.

I want it gone and I want the person who invented it fired

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    clearly offside, stop whinging

I was a strong supporter of the VAR system a few years ago because blind referees drove me crazy. But now, I admit my mistake and I am sure that it was much better before. I'm fed up with those minutes of pause when the referee just stares at the screen while the team members are celebrating a goal scored, and then the goal is canceled because the attacker's big toe was offside a minute ago ... Enough! ...

The "Sky 6 VAR" at it again.

Of course the legendary and incompetent Jarred Gillet is figuring prominently among others.

Actually turned off in disgust this morning watching with my Father's Day brekky.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The "Sky 6 VAR" at it again.

Of course the legendary and incompetent Jarred Gillet is figuring prominently among others.

Actually turned off in disgust this morning watching with my Father's Day brekky.
    Var had a shocker again

Gifting Livarpool with a reprieve

How VVD didn't get an upgrade from yellow to red for his studs up late challenge had me beat until I realised it was a LiVARpool player

Just as I was adamant they would find a way to screw Everton out of the goal even before the replays came up

The joke at Newcastle where the Palace player pushes an attacker into his own keeper and then gets away with the OG

Plus the farce at Chelsea denying WestHam an equaliser at the death

Been a farce

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Var had a shocker again

Gifting Livarpool with a reprieve

How VVD didn't get an upgrade from yellow to red for his studs up late challenge had me beat until I realised it was a LiVARpool player

Just as I was adamant they would find a way to screw Everton out of the goal even before the replays came up

The joke at Newcastle where the Palace player pushes an attacker into his own keeper and then gets away with the OG

Plus the farce at Chelsea denying WestHam an equaliser at the death

Been a farce

Pfft. ManUre lovin' Pool haters lofl
    If eVARton's Agent Coady was onside, then this was onside.
    Mane v EverTenth.jpg

And wtf's this supposed to mean? Wasn't chalked off until after the check.

And if Mendy going down was a farce then this was bigger.

0.18 seconds in and sook de Gea having another of his regular shockers.
    "Boo hoo, he outjumped me" No foul give at the time.
    Ref goes to blow but thinks the better of it.
    Firmino goal and the Entitled Shite of the league gather around like flies to, well, ManUre
    larfable

I'm no 'pool fan or fan of VAR but you made an @rse of yourself pumpin' up the thread numbers on the Liverpool thread
    and now here. The Human Lighthouse at it again.
    Last edited by fozphantom; 05-09-2022 at 02:33 PM.