Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 6 | Western United v Newcastle Jets | Sat 16/11/19 1930

Is there any other option then Hoff? I assume he & Fitz will share the role. We’ve just gotta go all in on the counter attack, which we do anyway, I don’t think we have any other option. We created enough last week on the counter to give some hope.

Problems we've got 3 attackers who arnt known for goal scoring. Arroyo needs to get 10 goals this season and between Sheppard and Hoolohan I'd say we also need 10 but their injuries change things.

Also need say 5-10 goals between our 4 main midfielders but I can't see that happening. So no matter what we create, the chances just won't be put away

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Burns absent this weekend but I do tend to agree he needs a chance
    If he ain't good enough to get a start in the side why should he be picked ??

If anything I would rather we switch Johnny K to the right and play Jackson there when Boogaard returns

If Burns ain't good enough to get a run in the SPL then he ain't good enough to get a run in our shit side

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Also Hoff didn't score many ore season
    Hoff scored 6 goals in pre season, 5 in one game vs the young Socceroos. His finish on Saturday was quality, Don't Hassle the Hoff.

Basically if he gets decent service, He should be able to put the ball in the net. But he is not the guy that will skip past 2-3 and fire into the top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Hoff scored 6 goals in pre season, 5 in one game vs the young Socceroos. His finish on Saturday was quality, Don't Hassle the Hoff.

Basically if he gets decent service, He should be able to put the ball in the net. But he is not the guy that will skip past 2-3 and fire into the top corner.
    Im the biggest Hoff fan but he should not be our number 9
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    I'm sorry but that's just not true. He get's chances created for him. Consistently. He consistently fluffs them, then he scores on the 50th attempt and we jump back on the merry-go-round. The chances from the Sydney game are a good example.

Anybody who thinks Hoff is the answer to number 9 should go and watch the first 8 games from last season not too mention the GF.

Surely no one thinks he is the answer. Everyone thinks "Arroyo is off on Int duty and Sheppard is dead so Hoff will have to suffice".

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Surely no one thinks he is the answer. Everyone thinks "Arroyo is off on Int duty and Sheppard is dead so Hoff will have to suffice".
    No I'm referring to the comments that he should go up top because he scored 5 goals in one game vs a youth team and that the only thing stopping him is good service. I now realise he must have been taking the piss. Well played Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    No I'm referring to the comments that he should go up top because he scored 5 goals in one game vs a youth team and that the only thing stopping him is good service. I now realise he must have been taking the piss. Well played Anfield.
    Going off post history, he's likely not taking the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Basically if he gets decent service, He should be able to put the ball in the net.
    He butchered several significant chances v Sydney.
    OK

Just pick the whole Petratos family.
    Between the 3 of them, they will surely put away a couple for us.
    (Is Kosta the only legitimate striker in the team at the moment?)

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Just pick the whole Petratos family.
    Between the 3 of them, they will surely put away a couple for us.
    (Is Kosta the only legitimate striker in the team at the moment?)
    I thought Kosta was a winger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Opinons are like arseholes, everyone has them.
    At the end of the day im pretty certain hoffman will start up front. Merrick will pick the 'safe option' . His selections are normally very predictable and normally picks senior players over the younger guys. Look at Champness and McGree, really were only put in after really proving themselves big time.

At the end of the day im pretty certain hoffman will start up front. Merrick will pick the 'safe option' . His selections are normally very predictable and normally picks senior players over the younger guys. Look at Champness and McGree, really were only put in after really proving themselves big time.
    Mcgree came in straight away and stayed in. As did Joey after Roy got injured

Mcgree came in straight away and stayed in. As did Joey after Roy got injured
    Incorrect. McGree waited til his 4th game to start, champness his 5th

Banned
    You can drive a car with your feet controlling the steering wheel if you want

Doesn't make it a good ****ing idea though

Same with playing Hoff up front

But he will play there because we are a Tinpot club whose Owner CEO and Manager are taking the piss out of the fans by not signing back up

We mostly agree Hoff should not be the number 9, So who takes the role?
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 14-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

We mostly Hoff should not be the number 9, So who takes the role?
    Joey isn't far off, but not for this week unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    joey isn't far off, but not for this week unfortunately
    jowic?

love at first sight