Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 6 | Western United v Newcastle Jets | Sat 16/11/19 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Wait.. We are missing our back up LB so you think it's a good idea to move our starting RB further up the pitch and move our LB across to the right side.

Basically, weaken the left side, as well as weaken the centre with Boogs back and hope that another fullback in attack (which would make us starting with 2 RBs in our front 3) will help us score goals?

That's a very hard No from me.
    Understand your thoughts. But the facts are, we are on 2 points from 4 games. Lose another game and we are in deep you know what. We need points, we have a really good player in Wes H out til January. We need to be in the mix before he comes back, let's not give everyone a headstart.

Basically we are going to be weaker anyway we have 3 players unavailable this week plus the 2 attacking players that are already out. Thats 5 out, 3 off which are attack minded players, so we need to look at options.

Western United are an older team, probably the oldest in the league. Why not throw some pace at them?Especially with Durante and Gulum at the back and No Risdon available.

Miller best strengths are with the ball, he isn't in our top 5 defenders. Against Adelaide he constantly got caught too high up the park. Troisi and McGree killed us when the space opened up.

The only other option could be to keep john k as left back and give Pat Langlois an opportunity at right back. Miller for me at right wing is a must, thurgate at cm is a must for me as well. Pace and sharpness to combat the older Western United

If we didn't have the financial restraints an injury replacement would be extremely handy right about now...Especially a wide player or striker

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Attacking wise I should say, looks threatening every time he goes forward.
    My team would be
    Gk moss
    Rb johny k
    Lb l jackson
    Cb topor
    Cb boogs
    Cm stevie u
    Cm angus t
    Rw miller
    Am dimi
    Lw fitzy
    Str hoff
    Subs
    Pretty much whoever is left including ben kanta, petratos boys, pat l

Reasoning, need goals. Hoff has shown in trials he can finish. Miller can add pace down flanks, fitzy had his best game for a few years and needs a run off games to get some confidence.

Thurgates prefered position is cm, lets give him a full game, is surely the long term option there.
    Jackson not ideal left back but deserves another game. Good to see john k as right back
    Jackson and Topor need to stay as a partnership, Johnny needs to stay at LB, being out of form, last thing he needs is another position to get to grips with as he's only played LB this season.

Kanta and Ugar a must

Keep the attacking three and give Maki Petratos a run, Hoff does not do well at the point of attack
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

We are 2 points off 1st place with lots of rounds to go.
    Rest the players, put the youth in.
    Sign Kale for a guest stint. Goals galore.

You guys gotta start thinking big picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Jackson and Topor need to stay as a partnership, Johnny needs to stay at LB, being out of form, last thing he needs is another position to get to grips with as he's only played LB this season.

Kanta and Ugar a must

Keep the attacking three and give Maki Petratos a run, Hoff does not do well at the point of attack
    Johny out of form?? He had a solid game Saturday, hoff played upfront in trials and scored heaps of goals.

Johny out of form?? He had a solid game Saturday, hoff played upfront in trials and scored heaps of goals.
    Terrible against Mariners and Sydney when the targeted him, Adelaide and Perth left him alone which was dumb
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Terrible against Mariners and Sydney when the targeted him, Adelaide and Perth left him alone which was dumb
    So it was the oppositions fault that he played well?? Makes perfect sense...... Keep beating that drum Stanny, never concede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So it was the oppositions fault that he played well?? Makes perfect sense...... Keep beating that drum Stanny, never concede.
    nah but if he got targeted like he did with those two teams based on this season, I dont have any faith he would've played any better

love at first sight

agree with Mariners and Sydney games, his positioning for goals wasnt great.

he was fine against Adelaide and he had Castro on him all day against Perth but defended well. Castro went after him big time trying to create numbers in his area of the field.

Johnny K shut that shit down, with a good chunk of help from Topor.

gonna be fun though when Ernie breaks up the solid centre back pairing to bring Boogaard back in and shuffle Jackson off out wide or something bad.

love this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    agree with Mariners and Sydney games, his positioning for goals wasnt great.

he was fine against Adelaide and he had Castro on him all day against Perth but defended well. Castro went after him big time trying to create numbers in his area of the field.

Johnny K shut that shit down, with a good chunk of help from Topor.

gonna be fun though when Ernie breaks up the solid centre back pairing to bring Boogaard back in and shuffle Jackson off out wide or something bad.

love this team.
    I felt Castro spent alot of time on our right hand side. Maybe I should watch games again (Shudder)

love at first sight

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    hoff played upfront in trials and scored heaps of goals.
    This is why we will forever be shit. The Hoff up top has been tried and tried and tried. And failed miserably. Again and again and again. But hey let's try it one more time....

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    This is why we will forever be shit. The Hoff up top has been tried and tried and tried. And failed miserably. Again and again and again. But hey let's try it one more time....
    This is exactly how it was for the first 8 weeks of last season. Club treating the competition and supporters with contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    With 5 players out we can't be exactly picky. There isn't exactly a truckload of options.

Also Hoff didn't score many ore season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How would you adjust your formation with Boogaard being out? He's rated a 60-70% chance
    He is a 60%-70% liability in defence regardless of how fit he is

Banned
    Attacking wise I should say, looks threatening every time he goes forward.
    My team would be
    Gk moss
    Rb johny k
    Lb l jackson
    Cb topor
    Cb boogs
    Cm stevie u
    Cm angus t
    Rw miller
    Am dimi
    Lw fitzy
    Str hoff
    Subs
    Pretty much whoever is left including ben kanta, petratos boys, pat l

Reasoning, need goals. Hoff has shown in trials he can finish. Miller can add pace down flanks, fitzy had his best game for a few years and needs a run off games to get some confidence.

Thurgates prefered position is cm, lets give him a full game, is surely the long term option there.
    Jackson not ideal left back but deserves another game. Good to see john k as right back
    You do realise Hoffman cost a grand final win because he couldn't finish??

Missed not 1 but 2 sitters with one of them being an empty net

I know we struggling for options but no ****ing way is this a legitimate option

Play Lachie Jackson up from before Hoffman plays 9

Hell play Johnny K up there seeing as we play him out of position every other week

You do realise Hoffman cost a grand final win because he couldn't finish??
    I'm more concerned with our other players who failed to get into scoring positions than I am with Hoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm more concerned with our other players who failed to get into scoring positions than I am with Hoff.
    True at least he makes runs

Watch JohnnyK being torn apart by Diamanti...
    I honestly have no faith in him at the moment, he had a big part in Perth's goal on Sunday too.
    His passing has been bad.
    He's not a LB, how many games do we have to lose to prove it?
    Give Burns a chance: really, he can't be worse than JohnnyK.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Watch JohnnyK being torn apart by Diamanti...
    I honestly have no faith in him at the moment, he had a big part in Perth's goal on Sunday too.
    His passing has been bad.
    He's not a LB, how many games do we have to lose to prove it?
    Give Burns a chance: really, he can't be worse than JohnnyK.
    Burns absent this weekend but I do tend to agree he needs a chance
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen