Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gender reveals - aka Assholes clubhouse

Looking forward to the joint bank account thread. Should be a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Looking forward to the joint bank account thread. Should be a good laugh.
    I'd actually like to know what is wrong with joint accounts? I think not having them is ridiculous. (Unless you married a moocher maybe?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'd actually like to know what is wrong with joint accounts? I think not having them is ridiculous. (Unless you married a moocher maybe?)
    You list me some reasons first as to what is great about them??

we talking about all of funds in a joint accounts? or say a household grocery etc account?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    we talking about all of funds in a joint accounts? or say a household grocery etc account?
    Ahhhh now we are talking..
    Yeah, The Boss and I have a semi-joint account.. (Not THAT kind, Roundball, hahah)
    As in, chuck a certain amount in each week and use it for day to day stuff - petrol, groceries, bills etc.. Ends up turning in to a nice little savings too, if you don't use it constantly..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ahhhh now we are talking..
    Yeah, The Boss and I have a semi-joint account.. (Not THAT kind, Roundball, hahah)

download (6).jpg

An account where you both contribute to for things like mortgage, savings etc is fine. As long as you have enough of your own money at your own disposal that's more than acceptable.

I'm talking about couples who have an account that your entire income goes into and then one of the couple dictates where that money goes.

Seeing grown ass men having to ask their wives for their own damn money to go do cool stuff like gamble and buy cocaine is easily one of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed.

These are the same couples who have gender reveal ceremonies.

Assholes.

So my missus and I have full on joint accounts and we both never have to ask to spend money. Bills get paid, food gets bought and neither of us are childish enough to overspend on what we can't afford. Had it for maybe 5 years and never stopped me having fun or moving forward financially.

The problem is probably more with people who don't know how to deal with money more than joint accounts. I know couples where the husbands refuse to give up more than a 50/50 share and the wife is always struggling to provide for the child. Basically the blokes thinks they only need to pay half the bills and mortgage/rent and anything else is his to waste on the weekends. Always seems to forget about clothes, toys and hobbies for the kid. Those people IMO are jerks.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So my missus and I have full on joint accounts and we both never have to ask to spend money. Bills get paid, food gets bought and neither of us are childish enough to overspend on what we can't afford. Had it for maybe 5 years and never stopped me having fun or moving forward financially.
    hey man if you're one of the few that doesnt get that statement held under his nose with a "AND WHAT IS THAT???" attached to it then youre in the minority and i congratulate you on your success. Mrs Frodo obviously knows whats up.

ive been on trips away with the boys where the bloke is on the phone to his missus pleading for more money to be put into 'his' account so he can spend it. The main culprit in our group owns his own successful business yet doesnt have any real access to his own money. its a ****ed up world man. i just dont get it.
    one of our other mates thinks hes a genius because he stashes away a % of cash jobs he does into a secret box at the back of his cupboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    hey man if you're one of the few that doesnt get that statement held under his nose with a "AND WHAT IS THAT???" attached to it then youre in the minority and i congratulate you on your success. Mrs Frodo obviously knows whats up.

ive been on trips away with the boys where the bloke is on the phone to his missus pleading for more money to be put into 'his' account so he can spend it. The main culprit in our group owns his own successful business yet doesnt have any real access to his own money. its a ****ed up world man. i just dont get it.
    one of our other mates thinks hes a genius because he stashes away a % of cash jobs he does into a secret box at the back of his cupboard.
    Platinum Visa Card with international concierge services. Solved. You have all the spending power you need plus they can sort out purchasing shit for you when you're too busy on the hookers or gas.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-11-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    An account where you both contribute to for things like mortgage, savings etc is fine. As long as you have enough of your own money at your own disposal that's more than acceptable.

I'm talking about couples who have an account that your entire income goes into and then one of the couple dictates where that money goes.

Seeing grown ass men having to ask their wives for their own damn money to go do cool stuff like gamble and buy cocaine is easily one of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed.

These are the same couples who have gender reveal ceremonies.

Assholes.
    But those guys have literally sacrificed their freedom just for the occasional bit of pussy

Hard to have any respect for any man who has to ask for the use of his own testicles

Banned

The problem is probably more with people who don't know how to deal with money more than joint accounts. I know couples where the husbands refuse to give up more than a 50/50 share and the wife is always struggling to provide for the child. Basically the blokes thinks they only need to pay half the bills and mortgage/rent and anything else is his to waste on the weekends. Always seems to forget about clothes, toys and hobbies for the kid. Those people IMO are jerks.
    Congratulations on your loss of freedom

Was this her idea that you agreed to or was it your idea that she agreed to??

Congratulations on your loss of freedom

Was this her idea that you agreed to or was it your idea that she agreed to??
    I mean, I don't think you can really comment since your wives are pre-paid? But remember even though you have no lock-in contract, you do have to pay more each month.

I think everyone needs to chill.

Let's keep this above the line, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I was just about to chime in with how much that I think stats suck..
    But we better take the high road here..

Banned

I fine and it is all above the belt and no one is having a go at anyone here

It is a genuine question to Frodo though seeing as he is selling the joys of joint accounts

Who's idea was it for joint accounts??

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    and here I was thinking someone would use the gender reveal thread to post a dick pic

....... yeah I'll get my hat and leave now...

I fine and it is all above the belt and no one is having a go at anyone here

It is a genuine question to Frodo though seeing as he is selling the joys of joint accounts

Who's idea was it for joint accounts??
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to cause real offence with my little dig. But I'll keep it a bit more civilized for those reading in.

I actually don't know who first discussed it, but it was probably me. I organise the funds to make sure everything is paid on time and stuff so it makes sense to have all our money available to do so.

But she has her hobbies and I never have to ask to go out anywhere or buy anything that we can afford. It's only larger items (bikes, holidays, etc) that get discussed, but that seems normal to me also.

To be honest, I assumed that joint accounts were the norm. I studied commerce/accounting at Uni for a little while and have some smarts when it comes to financial planning and it seems a no-brainer to me.

I can see the bonus on how some others and i do it, in regards to the everyday account for household purchases which we budgeted and came to an amount to pay in each month. (when we have a surplus, either it goes towards savings or a purchase we usualy dont do via the Joint Account).

But pooling all resources eh nah not down for that, (also tax reasons here in switzerland, dont want to do it either)
    Amigos Aarau