Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 8 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Sat 30/11/19 1930

Player of the Match voting

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PFYGQDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

just while all y'all out here sooking about Aroyo, go have a look where he was when Fitzgerald was put through 1 on 1 with the keeper.
    perfectly positioned for the easy square up tap in (otherwise known as 'Thurgating'). but Fitzgerald took the shot (which wasnt the worst idea if hes confident).
    Aroyo gets nothing out of it but did everything he should have done.

bloke is quickly becoming another Trifunovic to some of you lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Is Kanta injured again? He seemed very slow responding bith on and off the ball last night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Is Kanta injured again? He seemed very slow responding bith on and off the ball last night.
    I thought he did well. Couple of honking passes but thought he got around the park ok.

also on the penalty incident. geez that babbled on about it last night and across the highlights package too.
    i thought it was not a pen and thank **** VAR got told to shove it too.
    just because theres contact doesnt mean its a foul. commentators were ****ing stupid last night they way they banged on.

also, **** VAR, ref made the right call, as did the touchy for the 2nd goal.
    we dont need the extra bullshit.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I thought he did well. Couple of honking passes but thought he got around the park ok.
    Kanta just needs game time...looked assured but lacked a bit of timing. Arroyo was MOM last game v Perth and also has suffered from the stop start season. Peeps of little patience.

And SFCTV with their absolute hatred of us....didnt think it was a clear pen either.

Is NTS australia's best athlete ? I can't remember anyone with his level of strength, speed and endurance in any sport.
    I wonder how far he could have gone if GVE didn't try and destroy him when he was young forcing him to play in a way that didn't allow him to show his best attributes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    just while all y'all out here sooking about Aroyo, go have a look where he was when Fitzgerald was put through 1 on 1 with the keeper.
    perfectly positioned for the easy square up tap in (otherwise known as 'Thurgating'). but Fitzgerald took the shot (which wasnt the worst idea if hes confident).
    Aroyo gets nothing out of it but did everything he should have done.

bloke is quickly becoming another Trifunovic to some of you lot.
    No way

Trif was a lazy **** who didn't move

Arroyo on the other hand moves like Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wonder how far he could have gone if GVE didn't try and destroy him when he was young forcing him to play in a way that didn't allow him to show his best attributes.
    What utter bullsh|t. Hyphen blossomed under GVE. There's no way Hyphen would have been the player that captained Wanderers to an ACL title if he hadn't had the benefit of the GVE years.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    What utter bullsh|t. Hyphen blossomed under GVE. There's no way Hyphen would have been the player that captained Wanderers to an ACL title if he hadn't had the benefit of the GVE years.
    Bullshit, GVE came in and pretty much showed him the door straight away
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Kanta just needs game time...looked assured but lacked a bit of timing. Arroyo was MOM last game v Perth and also has suffered from the stop start season. Peeps of little patience.

And SFCTV with their absolute hatred of us....didnt think it was a clear pen either.
    i did enjoy slaters commentary - "newcastle will be thinking about last week when they gave up the late goal to castro" or something like that. Of course, wanderers wouldn't be thinking about their last game where they gave up 3 goals in the last 35 minutes.

thought generally that the team played well except for the first 15 minutes or so of the second half. The team appears to be improving their understanding of each other and we are looking much better as a unit.

think the jackson and topor combo is really working well. i don't see boogs getting back into the team anytime soon.

Personally think we played fantastic

Arroyo is on point and will improve especially with wessi behind, dimi is looking more like our grand final making season and less like last season, the cb pairing of jackson and topor is working great and ugarkovic is still a class player

I'd love for one game to give bobby burns a shot at left back and have johnny k and ugar in the middle and see what happens even if it's only for a half

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Bullshit, GVE came in and pretty much showed him the door straight away
    Which is ironic as GVE signed Topor for the Jets after the wooden spoon season after the GF win as part of the rebuild that saw Topor Ljubo Donny De Groot etc come in to try and save face for the club

Fast forward a couple of years when Tinkler come in and Middleby brings GVE back from the AIS one of the first things he does is give Topor the flick and not only that has the Jets paying his salary for a large part of that time at the WSW

Meanwhile the Jets could have done with a decent centre back in the next few years of struggles

Which is ironic as GVE signed Topor for the Jets after the wooden spoon season after the GF win as part of the rebuild that saw Topor Ljubo Donny De Groot etc come in to try and save face for the club

Fast forward a couple of years when Tinkler come in and Middleby brings GVE back from the AIS one of the first things he does is give Topor the flick and not only that has the Jets paying his salary for a large part of that time at the WSW

Meanwhile the Jets could have done with a decent centre back in the next few years of struggles
    Yep got rid because he apparently couldnt pass but forgets defenders need to be able to defend first, Plus his passing has been really good this year
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Also Major props to Jackson. Bloke is playing out of his skin atm. Great to see

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Also Major props to Jackson. Bloke is playing out of his skin atm. Great to see
    Jackson has been unreal. Above most/all expectations.

The whole team really worked as a unit last night & have for a lot of the season, that’s why I don’t get the need to shit on players for the sake of it.

the "Johnny K is bad, Jackson is having a stormer" talk is the best part of the internet and its not even close.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Think the fact I had trouble narrowing down who should get my MOM vote because there was more than one really good performance is my highlight this week, if we can keep up the effort consistently we might make the six despite the budget buy team Martin has given us this season (I'll try not to get my hopes up just yet though as it does need us to be 'consistent' which isn't a strong Jets trait...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...