Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 8 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Sat 30/11/19 1930

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Wanderers are not targeting Johnny. Every team that has has found success. I reckon Duke may swap sides
    They putting Bruce Kamau on him

Might as well have a cardboard cut out on the park

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Kanta is horrible tonight. He's stuck in 1st gear
    Bring Ridenton on FFS

Finally VAR helps us out.

These kents can't shoot either...

Arroyo can stay on the bench

Watching a stream with no commentary.
    So, was that called offside with Thurgte's 1 on 1 then? Becasue if it wasn't, it's a corner.
    (Looked well onside to me)
    Came off the keeper.

Thank fk for that...

Thurgate destroys offside traps. Nice pass to Dimi

Unselfish play by Thurgate. Well in son.
    Pity it wasnt a few miutes earlier in Poznan time.

At least we're above the sCCuM again

Wow.

I just realised where Kincumber South is. I never knew.

So pretty much we are the best team now right?

Our game plan is legit brilliant

1. Score 1 goal out of every 7 or 8 simple 1v1 chances you create.
    2. Give up 5 or 6 gilt-edged chances on our goal and hope the other team are worse at striking a ball than us.
    3.Win the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

i have some thoughts:

Thurgate continues to be good. just go back and see who caped up for him ages ago. the real ones know.

Miller and Fitzgeralds side was a problem esp first half. they werent good tonight.

For all Johnny K's positional 'faults', his football ability is fantastic. touch, vision, effort. better than most on that team. imagine the day he gets put back in his proper spot.

Jackson is still better than Boogaard. Big ups to Merrick for recognising the obvious but keeping the captain on the bench for a 'maligned' player like Jackson isnt exactly easy. (it should be, but theres way too much bullshit involved).

Dimis injury time effort was outstanding. carry on all you want but that dude is beating you, your athlete mate, your dad and the bloke that owns your barnyard up the sandhills every pre-season. a lot of people just hang back and let Thurgate take the 1 v 1 for the 2nd goal. he busted his ass and was rewarded.

Kanta, Ugabooga and Dimi must look ****ing fantastic with a few cones set up in training. their 30m central space work is awesome. few times tonight they played out with proper confidence.

i hate thinking positively but Wessi with these blokes would be fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Also, Johnny K had a great game. Kamau looked even more toothless than normal and Georgio did all of nothing as well.

Lachie Jackson with a textbook penalty giveaway was also great to see. Not even remotely close to the ball and somehow got away with it. You love to see it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i have some thoughts:

Thurgate continues to be good. just go back and see who caped up for him ages ago. the real ones know.

Miller and Fitzgeralds side was a problem esp first half. they werent good tonight.

For all Johnny K's positional 'faults', his football ability is fantastic. touch, vision, effort. better than most on that team. imagine the day he gets put back in his proper spot.

Jackson is still better than Boogaard. Big ups to Merrick for recognising the obvious but keeping the captain on the bench for a 'maligned' player like Jackson isnt exactly easy. (it should be, but theres way too much bullshit involved).

Dimis injury time effort was outstanding. carry on all you want but that dude is beating you, your athlete mate, your dad and the bloke that owns your barnyard up the sandhills every pre-season. a lot of people just hang back and let Thurgate take the 1 v 1 for the 2nd goal. he busted his ass and was rewarded.

Kanta, Ugabooga and Dimi must look ****ing fantastic with a few cones set up in training. their 30m central space work is awesome. few times tonight they played out with proper confidence.

i hate thinking positively but Wessi with these blokes would be fun to watch.
    Well said. Great passes to Thurgate. Arroyo must be cursing he can't get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Well said. Great passes to Thurgate. Arroyo must be cursing he can't get those.
    Babbel was terrified of Arroyo, they double teamed him as often as they could. Once he went off their backline had no clue what the gameplan was. Hence why Thurgate was either open when he dropped deep, or killing them on the shoulder. Amateur defending from McGowan all night was beautiful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Babbel was terrified of Arroyo, they double teamed him as often as they could. Once he went off their backline had no clue what the gameplan was. Hence why Thurgate was either open when he dropped deep, or killing them on the shoulder. Amateur defending from McGowan all night was beautiful to watch.
    Dont know why Bloke just stood around waiting for the ball. Arroyo that is, The runs Thurgate makes should mamek Arroyo embarrassed by his performances
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Dont know why Bloke just stood around waiting for the ball. Arroyo that is, The runs Thurgate makes should mamek Arroyo embarrassed by his performances
    I mean, you didn't notice both the acres of space he created centrally for Dimi as well as how much he occupied the CBs so they somehow repeatedly ended up 1v1 with fullbacks trying to track them??

Or was I watching another Jets team consistently carve Babbel's defence apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I mean, you didn't notice both the acres of space he created centrally for Dimi as well as how much he occupied the CBs so they somehow repeatedly ended up 1v1 with fullbacks trying to track them??

Or was I watching another Jets team consistently carve Babbel's defence apart?
    The Carving was more the width and Runs made by our wide players and fullbacks
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Yep...............................

i mean what the hell are you even doing with this nonsense Stanny?

big man works hard. and is a smart player.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG