Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 8 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Sat 30/11/19 1930

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i mean what the hell are you even doing with this nonsense Stanny?

big man works hard. and is a smart player.
    Nah he hasnt done that for a few games. He needs to focus on getting into scoring positions. Hell once attacking move he ran out of the box just as we were about to cut it back
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Nah he hasnt done that for a few games. He needs to focus on getting into scoring positions. Hell once attacking move he ran out of the box just as we were about to cut it back
    oh of course we should all talk about that one thing you didnt like in a 2-0 win against a team in the top 6 that we completely dominated.

totally agree, that one thing...whoo boy, it was costly. prob stopped us being 2.5 or 2.8 goals to the good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

How anyone can be overly critical of any player is beyond me. Should of been 3+ but that was more to do with the performance of Lopar rather than terrible finishing.

WSW are a Quality side & we gave it to them with a team of misfits & journeymen. Tremendous performance across the park.

Thought our wide men were terrific tonight. Hoffman effective, Fitzy tore their right side apart with Miller & JK was terrific on Kamau.
    Last edited by Jetkel; 01-12-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh of course we should all talk about that one thing you didnt like in a 2-0 win against a team in the top 6 that we completely dominated.

totally agree, that one thing...whoo boy, it was costly. prob stopped us being 2.5 or 2.8 goals to the good.
    I was critical of his whole game, Hasnt impressed me since the Adelaide game
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I was critical of his whole game, Hasnt impressed me since the Adelaide game
    None of these jerks impress me... Doesn't make them bad players. If anything, it's probably a sign they are a good players. I, and the rest of us here, don't know squat about quality football, hence why we go to Jerks games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    How anyone can be overly critical of any player is beyond me. Should of been 3+ but that was more to do with the performance of Lopar rather than terrible finishing.

WSW are a Quality side & we gave it to them with a team of misfits & journeymen. Tremendous performance across the park.

Thought our wide men were terrific tonight. Hoffman effective, Fitzy tore their right side apart with Miller & JK was terrific on Kamau.
    Disagree WSW are a quality side

I think they are just as useless as about 5 teams in the comp

Smurfs PissAnts and Heart

Perth playing like busted areas

6 teams fighting it out for 3 play off spots and the Gypos retaining their trophy

They were better than they were last season under Babbel but they still just as capable of finishing 8th or 9th in this comp as we are

Banned
    One thing I will say that Bert has got right at the moment is that we are playing forward at speed much more than we have in the last 18 months

We do look much more dangerous

Glad to also see that someone has spoken to Dimi about playing it forward quicker

He looks a much better player not having 400 touches a half

What though is sad is that the Chinese Lightsalesman needs to show us the fibre of his fabric as playing this way we need better options than Hoff and Fitzuseless in the front 3rd

The Gypo CEO also needs to be on the blower to LA and getting Jowic back here ASAP because he be killing it with us playing this way

PS Stanny As far as Arroyo goes **** Off

The bloke is doing everything we need except score goals

The chances will come his way sooner or later though

It ain't like he is missing them at the moment

They were running 2nd. Man for man with us WSW would likely have 9 or 10 out of 11. Terrific effort.

the member makes some good points here. the link speed was way better tonight. and it wasnt hoof balls, it was good precise passing right through the guts.

one thing that cracked me up. fitzgerald got the ball in space 1 v 1 with his man square on. was just expecting a square ball or recycling but he took the bloke on and burned him. it was a long lost skill that i thought we didnt teach anymore. nothing came of it in the moment but man oh man i bet that defender second guessed him for the rest of the match.

def more of that please. everyone.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

One thing I will say that Bert has got right at the moment is that we are playing forward at speed much more than we have in the last 18 months

We do look much more dangerous

Glad to also see that someone has spoken to Dimi about playing it forward quicker

He looks a much better player not having 400 touches a half

What though is sad is that the Chinese Lightsalesman needs to show us the fibre of his fabric as playing this way we need better options than Hoff and Fitzuseless in the front 3rd

The Gypo CEO also needs to be on the blower to LA and getting Jowic back here ASAP because he be killing it with us playing this way

PS Stanny As far as Arroyo goes **** Off

The bloke is doing everything we need except score goals

The chances will come his way sooner or later though

It ain't like he is missing them at the moment
    The chances seem to appear for others though? I don’t think Arroyo is playing badly but i don’t understand how you can be critical of Hoff & Fitz who are working their arse off, making smart runs, creating opportunity & then defend Arroyo by saying he’s doing everything...

The chances seem to appear for others though? I don’t think Arroyo is playing badly but i don’t understand how you can be critical of Hoff & Fitz who are working their arse off, making smart runs, creating opportunity & then defend Arroyo by saying he’s doing everything...
    He isnt making enough or proper runs, Thats the issue. Hoff is making better runs then him and that says it all

love at first sight

He isnt making enough or proper runs, Thats the issue. Hoff is making better runs then him and that says it all
    Or like Darth plagueis said, he is making runs that are drawing defenders away from the space that Hoff and Fitz are making "better" runs into. Watch the replay and see where he has pulled defenders to create the opportunities that Hoff and Fitz squandered.

Banned
    Because Arroyo is working his arse off for the team and playing very unselfishly

Soon the guy will realise he needs to be a bit more about him at this level than he is

I also think his fitness level is an issue. The bloke needs to be playing 90mins every week for us and for whatever reason he has only played 90 once for us

Don't know what we are doing fitness wise with him but we need him on the park during the latter stages of games when there is more space and opportunity for him to capitalise on less defenders back

Like this for the Hoff chance... they are both central when we get possession, he pulls off to the right and takes a defender with him. McGowan turns and chases with the agility and acceleration of a cruise ship and that leaves Hoff clear through on goal.

Or the Fitz chance. You can see that the front 3 are shifting across the field with the ball. Fitz staying on the far centre back and Hoff following Georgie. Arroyo pressing McGowan who ****s his pass up, Topor clears straight to Hoff and they break. Arroyo is already on the left so stays left whilst Fitz is central so moves further right to allow Dimi down the middle.

I reckon this is why you suck at Football Manager, Stanny.

Fitzuseless tearing people apart, hardly. Bloke is the Liam Reddy of outfield players but at least Reddy has a legit excuse for having so many clubs due to enjoying a brew or three. Fitzuseless's is just through a sheer lack of ability.

As for Miller he is not producing half the sort of form he was at the Gypo's last season. I know he played a part in one of the goals tonight but he ain't showing nothing on last season and the sort of form that brought him so much attention.

And those who say Arroyo not performing, You must be listening to the games on the radio and not watching them FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Like this for the Hoff chance... they are both central when we get possession, he pulls off to the right and takes a defender with him. McGowan turns and chases with the agility and acceleration of a cruise ship and that leaves Hoff clear through on goal.

Or the Fitz chance. You can see that the front 3 are shifting across the field with the ball. Fitz staying on the far centre back and Hoff following Georgie. Arroyo pressing McGowan who ****s his pass up, Topor clears straight to Hoff and they break. Arroyo is already on the left so stays left whilst Fitz is central so moves further right to allow Dimi down the middle.

I reckon this is why you suck at Football Manager, Stanny.
    Most likely is haha

love at first sight

Meh this ‘he’s a gypo’ shit just gets boring. Nearly as funny as classic nicknames like Fitzuseless - what a killer that one is, some sensational comedic thinking behind that. Just ruining the forum.

It’s a salary capped league, players go where they can make a living - crazy huh?

Great post Grimario, made some good points re: Arroyo which I probably didn’t see myself. Also shows our front 4 are working together very nicely & Thurgate had a tremendous cameo.
    Last edited by Jetkel; 01-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Fitzuseless tearing people apart, hardly. Bloke is the Liam Reddy of outfield players but at least Reddy has a legit excuse for having so many clubs due to enjoying a brew or three. Fitzuseless's is just through a sheer lack of ability.

As for Miller he is not producing half the sort of form he was at the Gypo's last season. I know he played a part in one of the goals tonight but he ain't showing nothing on last season and the sort of form that brought him so much attention.

And those who say Arroyo not performing, You must be listening to the games on the radio and not watching them FFS.
    Fitzy's work rate on and off the ball are helping the team alot, Reckon people not seeing this are listening to games on the radio and not watching them

love at first sight

Fitzuseless's record speaks for itself. Bagging gypo's never gets boring and even the slightest suggestion of such should result in a immediate and very lengthy ban.
    Last edited by 380; 01-12-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Wait, I have a very important question.... Do people actually listen to football on the Radio? Is that a real thing that happens??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.