Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 9 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Sun 08/12/19 1500

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Those players could play his system in a 4 3 3 and we won the Asian cup but we didn't have wingbacks or good ball playing CBS for a 3 at the back
    so youre saying all he had to do for success and continued employment was make a simple formation change?
    youre saying that the most successful coach in our country's history couldnt (or wouldnt) make a simple formation change, and that was the issue?

yeah i stand by my point. you trippin.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

if formation is such a big issue i found it interesting you have yet to mention it in your current criticism of the Jets.
    go back and read this thread, you've only critiqued players.

because under your logic if we have no proper strikers we should change the formation to a 5-5-0 shouldnt we?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Those players could play his system in a 4 3 3 and we won the Asian cup but we didn't have wingbacks or good ball playing CBS for a 3 at the back
    We won it because we are at home

Stanny tell me what our record is like in the last 25 years in competitive internationals in Oz??

Since the qualification for the 94 WC I recall us losing 1 game in WCQ in Oz and that was a dead rubber

The only other game I can think of that we lost that was a competitive game was the group game v Korea in the Asian Cup

So exactly what is great about winning the Asian Cup in Oz when the reality is we have a great record at home in competitive games

Back to this game, my two cents, i'm newish to sokkah so include that with the value of my two cents but some of my comments of the game are as follows:

- i thought Ridenten and Johhny K turned the ball over a few too many times losing possesion way too cheaply and that was frustrating.
    - we are owned by someone not wanting to fork out a lotta money. Can't control that .... dunno what is better/available for the same spend.
    - We have Wessi, Arroyo and had Shephard out for injury (and lost DJ Champness). That is outta our control and hurts like hell as a fan. Is there some Voudon Coastie with some voodoo doll controlling this? It seems to be a common theme over the seasons. Again, outta our control unless someone hunts this Coastie down. How do you explain this bad luck?
    - We have so many opportunities to score and don't finish, yeah you make your own luck but really, can't we bloody have some luck at some point....
    - I thought Millar and Fitzgerald were pretty effective on that right side.....
    - Yeah, Jackson did make some mistakes this game but his previous two games were pretty impressive. Good old Topor.
    - I really wanna like Johnny K ......
    - When Bobby came on for his half a dog watch i just loved the passion and energy he at least showed. I wish when Ridenton came on he had the same energy/passion. He was meant to be fresh, didn't look it.

Yeah, it was a hard result to take....... just venting..... back under my rock.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Where has this 15 goals a season come from? How many sets of wingers in this league score 15 goals between them? & where have I said we shouldn't recruit? I just think you're not being realistic about the type of wingers/players we can attract whether that's budget or for other reasons, or you're not being realistic with expectations for players when we do sign them or coming into a new season.

I'm smoking grass because I think an upper championship quality midfielder & international striker would improve our position by a huge 2 or 3 spots or a massive 4 or 5 points or chip in 2 or 3 more goals thus far this season? Ok.....
    Successful sides in the past will have gotten 15 goals from their wide attackers over the season

If Jowic was here and played 26 games I backing he would get his share of the 15 issue is to find someone else who can get themselves 7 or 8 a season

The year we lost the GF we had Nabbout score 12 Dimi got about 10
    You ain't getting those sort of numbers with the personnel in our side at the moment

Changes need to occur and it requires our Chinese Lightsalesman to spend some coin on some players and back Bert in the marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by gussie_l View Post
    Is there some Voudon Coastie with some voodoo doll controlling this?
    yes there is.
    worst bit is we're paying his wages to do it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Successful sides in the past will have gotten 15 goals from their wide attackers over the season

If Jowic was here and played 26 games I backing he would get his share of the 15 issue is to find someone else who can get themselves 7 or 8 a season

The year we lost the GF we had Nabbout score 12 Dimi got about 10
    You ain't getting those sort of numbers with the personnel in our side at the moment

Changes need to occur and it requires our Chinese Lightsalesman to spend some coin on some players and back Bert in the marketplace
    Unless we're going to completely uproot half the squad mid-season & use a couple of million on a marquee or two, I don't think you're going to find a major improvement on either of the guys mentioned. I think they've both (with Dimi) been serviceable this season & I do think they're being harshly judged by some for whatever reason. I personally haven't seen us looked this fluid in the attacking 3rd for a couple of seasons.

Fair example re; Nabbout & Dimi, but I don't think either have been able to get close to that type of season again.
    Last edited by Jetkel; 11-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.