Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar | Sat 28/12/19 1930

  1. #41
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The club must hate the fans.
    Are we fans or nuts ?
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Are we fans or nuts ?
    Nuts, for sure. Insanity is supporting this mob and expecting something above mediocrity.

  3. #43
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,418
    For our squad. That is a great performance and result. Gotta be happy with that.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    I can't wait to support the Jets in the second division.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    For our squad. That is a great performance and result. Gotta be happy with that.
    Performance I agree they played pretty well, but result? We Should have won that game, 1-0 up at home against the team coming second last and miss a simple 1v1 which would have secured the points then concede late. Two points lost and donít feel happy at all

  6. #46
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,207
    What the **** was our keeper doing on the equaliser??

    It was straight down the guts of the goal more or less

    ****ing hopeless

    If it top corner or just inside the post then fair enough. But that is one you expect your keeper to keep out

    How is this bl9ke still in the team??
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #47
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Performance I agree they played pretty well, but result? We Should have won that game, 1-0 up at home against the team coming second last and miss a simple 1v1 which would have secured the points then concede late. Two points lost and donít feel happy at all
    For a team with no fit goal scorers you can't not be happy

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    388
    We didn't deserve the win.
    Played average football, and refused to play at all after scoring. Only to desperately wake up after the equaliser... wtf is that?
    Langlois in the middle wasn't great, but I get Ernie's experiment: season is gone, might as well give him some valuable time.
    If he turns out to be good enough, he might get a gig in Sydney.
    We are so shit.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What the **** was our keeper doing on the equaliser??

    It was straight down the guts of the goal more or less

    ****ing hopeless

    If it top corner or just inside the post then fair enough. But that is one you expect your keeper to keep out

    How is this bl9ke still in the team??
    Refs helped with that equaliser. We were ready the make a sub, the ref blew his whistle and pointed to the 4th about to put the board up but Fowler had thrown the ball quickly to the left back who shyed it and ref somehow allowed play to go on despite blowing for the sub to be made.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    For a team with no fit goal scorers you can't not be happy
    If thatís the case we May as well cancel Thurgateís contract then whatís the point of him being there

  11. #51
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The club must hate the fans.
    The feeling is definitely mutual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,738
    Our pressing actually worked quite well for the majority of the game.... Right up until we ran out legs from pressing for so long.

    FMD Uga is too good for this side tho. I really hope he goes elsewhere and gets to play decent football for a few years. He'll still be better than our squad in 5 years time when he comes back to the second division. Roar will be right there with us as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #53
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Refs helped with that equaliser. We were ready the make a sub, the ref blew his whistle and pointed to the 4th about to put the board up but Fowler had thrown the ball quickly to the left back who shyed it and ref somehow allowed play to go on despite blowing for the sub to be made.
    That has no bearing on it at all

    The Jets were not caught asleep by that at all
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That has no bearing on it at all

    The Jets were not caught asleep by that at all
    I disagree, it would of changed that whole sequence of play. No doubt we would of found a way to concede at some point though

  15. #55
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,813
    I really struggled to see how we set up last night
    Back four:
    Millar, Jackson, TS, Burns
    Central Mid of Kanta and Langlois
    Then up front Hoff out wide

    Just where was Dimi supposed to be? 10? 7? Swapping roles with Thurgate? What was Thurgate's role? False 9? Nine? 10?

    Biggest mystery of the night was where was Ugar supposed to fit into this puzzle?

    The team seemed really unbalanced.

    We did our usual counter attacking football in the first half then for some reason thought we could play through them in the second half before going back to plan A as the game wore on.

    Observations:
    Ugar should be where he can influence the game. I would say that at the moment, our team should be built around him.
    Dimi is jut not in the game enough in whatever role Ernie has him playing. He should be our best but disappears a lot.
    Don't move Ugar to fit in Langlois. Reverse it. Langlois did some good things but was not on the ball enough to be effective.
    Kanta is so, so slow.
    Burns did quite well overall. Passing a bit wayward but no worse than Johnny K and I thought he added to us with his ability to whip the ball in. More please.
    Thurgate did very well but should have won us the game. Probably could have done better with the one v one but demonstrated why he preferes midfield to being a 9. I think a 9 would have instinctively gone around the keeper.

    I can't wait to see what Sydney FC will do to us. Bring the lube: it's going to hurt!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Burns was okay. Some of his square balls were terrible, directly to Brisbane, and opened us up to the counter a bit. Thankfully their counter was mostly hoof to Amadi-Holloway and hope. He looked much better going forward and his crosses looked dangerous... just no one really getting on the end of them.

    I don't understand why we thought we could park the bus for so long and hold onto a single goal lead. It's why so many people loved Ange... I remember one game the Roar went 1 up and at HT, he replaced whoever their deep lying midfielder was for Nick Fitzgerald and destroyed the opposition on the counter. None of this negative park the bus and hope to not concede shit... put a nail in the coffin and win the damn game. Which I suppose we could have done if Thurgate hadn't fluffed his chance.

  17. #57
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I really struggled to see how we set up last night
    Back four:
    Millar, Jackson, TS, Burns
    Central Mid of Kanta and Langlois
    Then up front Hoff out wide

    Just where was Dimi supposed to be? 10? 7? Swapping roles with Thurgate? What was Thurgate's role? False 9? Nine? 10?

    Biggest mystery of the night was where was Ugar supposed to fit into this puzzle?

    The team seemed really unbalanced.

    We did our usual counter attacking football in the first half then for some reason thought we could play through them in the second half before going back to plan A as the game wore on.

    Observations:
    Ugar should be where he can influence the game. I would say that at the moment, our team should be built around him.
    Dimi is jut not in the game enough in whatever role Ernie has him playing. He should be our best but disappears a lot.
    Don't move Ugar to fit in Langlois. Reverse it. Langlois did some good things but was not on the ball enough to be effective.
    Kanta is so, so slow.
    Burns did quite well overall. Passing a bit wayward but no worse than Johnny K and I thought he added to us with his ability to whip the ball in. More please.
    Thurgate did very well but should have won us the game. Probably could have done better with the one v one but demonstrated why he preferes midfield to being a 9. I think a 9 would have instinctively gone around the keeper.

    I can't wait to see what Sydney FC will do to us. Bring the lube: it's going to hurt!
    Ugar needs to leave. Deserves so much better. Should always play in the middle not on the flank. It's like Ernie is trying to get sacked
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I really struggled to see how we set up last night
    Back four:
    Millar, Jackson, TS, Burns
    Central Mid of Kanta and Langlois
    Then up front Hoff out wide

    Just where was Dimi supposed to be? 10? 7? Swapping roles with Thurgate? What was Thurgate's role? False 9? Nine? 10?

    Biggest mystery of the night was where was Ugar supposed to fit into this puzzle?

    The team seemed really unbalanced.

    We did our usual counter attacking football in the first half then for some reason thought we could play through them in the second half before going back to plan A as the game wore on.

    Observations:
    Ugar should be where he can influence the game. I would say that at the moment, our team should be built around him.
    Dimi is jut not in the game enough in whatever role Ernie has him playing. He should be our best but disappears a lot.
    Don't move Ugar to fit in Langlois. Reverse it. Langlois did some good things but was not on the ball enough to be effective.
    Kanta is so, so slow.
    Burns did quite well overall. Passing a bit wayward but no worse than Johnny K and I thought he added to us with his ability to whip the ball in. More please.
    Thurgate did very well but should have won us the game. Probably could have done better with the one v one but demonstrated why he preferes midfield to being a 9. I think a 9 would have instinctively gone around the keeper.

    I can't wait to see what Sydney FC will do to us. Bring the lube: it's going to hurt!
    Tend to agree, The set up last night just seemed so unbalanced. I am not necessarily attributing last nights loss to Moss but fair dinkum just how bad does Moss need to be before the next bloke gets his chance. I thought Italiano was a shoe in for a start last night after Moss's past two efforts. Clearly Moss must have to lose an arm or a leg to be benched.

    I reckon Ernie lost his way with some of his positional and personnel selections at the start of last season and nothing i have seen since has been any better. Favorites having shockers for weeks on end still getting starts, blokes playing numerous positions from one week to the next. Blokes in the second half of the squad must be scratching there head at the lack of opportunities to them even when there direct competition for a spot is playing like a busted asshole and players starting must be told to pull a starting position out of a hat so they know just what position on the park they will be taking up.

    As for Burns , I thought he was fine til he started to get quite fatigued then some of his passing and decision making went out the window. I thought he done enough to be picked as a starter next game but who the f*&^ knows with Bert.

    Fold the club, kick us out of the FFA cup , Its all f(*&^d.
    Last edited by 380; 29-12-2019 at 12:03 PM.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Tend to agree, The set up last night just seemed so unbalanced. I am not necessarily attributing last nights loss to Moss but fair dinkum just how bad does Moss need to be before the next bloke gets his chance. I thought Italiano was a shoe in for a start last night after Moss's past two efforts. Clearly Moss must have to lose an arm or a leg to be benched.

    I reckon Ernie lost his way with some of his positional and personnel selections at the start of last season and nothing i have seen since has been any better. Favorites having shockers for weeks on end still getting starts, blokes playing numerous positions from one week to the next. Blokes in the second half of the squad must be scratching there head at the lack of opportunities to them even when there direct competition for a spot is playing like a busted asshole and players starting must be told to pull a starting position out of a hat so they know just what position on the park they will be taking up.

    As for Burns , I thought he was fine til he started to get quite fatigued then some of his passing and decision making went out the window. I thought he done enough to be picked as a starter next game but who the f*&^ knows with Bert.

    Fold the club, kick us out of the FFA cup , Its all f(*&^d.
    Italiano won't get a start until he does something about his haircut. Shittest haircut in the club.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,624
    Kanta has lost a lot of pace and it's not like he was fast in the first place.

    U less it's a short term injury I tbink club may have lost the plot giving him a 2 year deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •