Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 14 | Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC | Fri 10/01/20 1930

Georgevski just walked off a field somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    We're Deadbrain's feet outside the area then?
    Doesn’t matter, depends on where his hands are. Fox won’t show a good angle.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

We're Deadbrain's feet outside the area then?
    Not sure but he stepped back then gestured for the ref to look where his feet were.

Banned
    Give it 1 thing at least these cunce had a crack tonight

Glaringly not good enough

That refereeing display was pathetic though

High time the diving got rained in

We were worth at least a point tonight, terrific effort across the park & entertaining to boot. The best we’ve looked going forward for the last couple of months.

Arroyo gotta finish that one in the 2nd half, was on a platter for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Fitzuseless marking on Ninka was atrocious
    I though the first 10 mins in here we go Fitzgerald is going to have one of those decent games he good for about 6 times a season. That's all it was a flash in the pan, His defensive efforts are atrocious and piss weak. That first goal could have been any player hitting the deck at that moment , It was his chasing players for 5 yards and then turning his toes up leaving it for others to win what was his battle that was painful to watch. When he was beaten like a training cone he just turned it up.

Anyways Lucas was never going to let us win that game tonight, Bloke officiated like he is a punter and had his house on FC. Sure he got the three points for the Smurfs.
    Last edited by 380; 10-01-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Much better performance, chances missed by Arroyo & Hoffman cost us as well as a couple of defending brain snaps.

Enjoyed the game even considering the very frustrating refereeing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I though the first 10 mins in here we go Fitzgerald is going to have one of those decent games he good for about 6 times a season. That's all it was a flash in the pan, His defensive efforts are atrocious and piss weak. That first goal could have been any player hitting the deck at that moment , It was his chasing players for 5 yards and then turning his toes up leaving it for others to win what was his battle that was painful to watch. When he was beaten like a training cone he just turned it up.

Anyways Lucas was never going to let us win that game tonight, Bloke officiated like he is a punter and had his house on FC. Sure he got the three points for the Smurfs.
    Nah, he had a good game. One big error unfortunately blots his copybook but outside of that he was very effective with ball at feet & should have had a couple of assists. Extremely surprised to see you say otherwise...

At least we can agree on Lucas.

Resized_20200111_094547.jpg
    Screen shot my bro sent me.
    Resolution probably crap on here but on my phone?...the bearded clam took it outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Nah, he had a good game. One big error unfortunately blots his copybook but outside of that he was very effective with ball at feet & should have had a couple of assists. Extremely surprised to see you say otherwise...

At least we can agree on Lucas.
    Nah nah hop on Fox watch a replay and watch his defensive work in that game. Non existent the entire game. Bloke gave up the chase time and time again.

It did not matter which side of the park Deans placed him he was pedestrian when it came to his defensive work. If it were not for our cheap ass approach to this season he would be resting up after having run around in a Blacktown or Marconi shirt for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nah nah hop on Fox watch a replay and watch his defensive work in that game. Non existent the entire game. Bloke gave up the chase time and time again.

It did not matter which side of the park Deans placed him he was pedestrian when it came to his defensive work. If it were not for our cheap ass approach to this season he would be resting up after having run around in a Blacktown or Marconi shirt for a season.
    I'm usually not one to knock Fitzy as he gets a bad wrap on here undeservedly.

Defensively though I thought he (as well as millar) were very poor on that right hand side in the first half and Deans was right to switch him to the left. Deans also made the right call to bench Kanta for Gus.

On a separate note, am I the only one who thinks the Hoff needs to be benched? He's not having a good season.

Resized_20200111_094547.jpg
    Screen shot my bro sent me.
    Resolution probably crap on here but on my phone?...the bearded clam took it outside.
    I saw this on facebook, it definitely isn't clear that the ball is over the line completely. Judging by Steveie's reaction afterwards though (he laughed it off with redmayne) I don't think it was clear cut from up close either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

Defensively though I thought he (as well as millar) were very poor on that right hand side in the first half and Deans was right to switch him to the left. Deans also made the right call to bench Kanta for Gus.

On a separate note, am I the only one who thinks the Hoff needs to be benched? He's not having a good season.
    Hopefully one thing Dean's will do or our new overlords does will be to structure us properly

For a start Hoff ain't an attacker at this level. Sure we can send him in to pinch hit and do a job but he ain't proficient enough to be a regular in the front 4

Our backline is also unbalanced
    Whether it be Jackson on the right side and looking unco
    Whether it be Johnny K at Left Back getting ripped every week
    Whether it be the Gypo at right back who can't defend

It high time the coach started putting blokes in their correct position

LB Jackson
    LCB Topor
    RCB Boogaard
    RB Hoff

That is our best back 4 we have. High time we started playing it until we can bring in better options

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hopefully one thing Dean's will do or our new overlords does will be to structure us properly

For a start Hoff ain't an attacker at this level. Sure we can send him in to pinch hit and do a job but he ain't proficient enough to be a regular in the front 4

LB Jackson
    LCB Topor
    RCB Boogaard
    RB Hoff

That is our best back 4 we have. High time we started playing it until we can bring in better options
    Jackson at LB is just as much a nightmare as Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

LB Jackson
    LCB Topor
    RCB Boogaard
    RB Hoff

LB Jackson? Are you on crack?
    We've seen that nightmare previously and it did not end well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Jackson at LB is just as much a nightmare as Johnny
    No he ain't

He is not perfect for the role as he will offer little in the role But defensively he is quick he will not let his man have a field day and will do the job required

Due to a lack of options he is much better than anything else we have for that role at this point in time

No he ain't

He is not perfect for the role as he will offer little in the role But defensively he is quick he will not let his man have a field day and will do the job required

Due to a lack of options he is much better than anything else we have for that role at this point in time
    Defensively he constantly goes to narrow like a third CB leaving too much space on the flanks, We all saw this issue last year many times, No reason to revisit it
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Nobody is having a good season - that's why we are bottom of the table. Hoff would be in the first 6 players I pick every week .

NTS
    Dimi
    Uga
    Arroyo
    Pele
    Hoff

The rest can fight it out at training for a starting spot.

We tried Jackson at LB last season, Who can forget that failed experiment. Splitting pubic hairs when comparing Johnny K and Jackson at LB. He was atrocious in that position particularly the beginning of last season, Everything going in the back of the net come from down his side.

Fair enough comment, & agree good call Deans switching them. Although they seemed to sort themselves second half & given nearly every attack went through that right channel, you’re naturally goin to leave yourself more open defensively - just not as open as it was for the first half.

Neither Millar nor Fitz are strong in a tackle or seem to have much positioning wise, is it worth swapping Hoff & Millar? Not that Hoff Is a defensive powerhouse but frees up Millar & Hoff has more expensive & is physically more imposing.